/FAST/ #210 - Sprinting Through Piss Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here (youtu.be/1onQ0nxgWFM) [Open], tastes much better.
Old snake juice recipe (youtu.be/2vz_U8kxDlg [Open])
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea are generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No just drink your own piss

Attached: genova-running.gif (470x360, 749K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6kDAEiBW-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=sSEihH7MtoY
bt.dk/sundhed/klar-ikke-laest-lars-loekke-rasmussen-afsloerer-sin-fastekur-saadan-goer-jeg-naar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will brushing my teeth and using mouthwash break my fast?

no

Yay!

>48 hours into fast on tuesday
>mom made bacon-wrapped shrimp, steak and veggies
>fuggg, gotta break my fast
>now 48 hours in again, planning on breaking my fast on saturday morning at a diner that I love
I am doing good with snek joose, and I don't really feel hungry but I am excited for my meal on saturday. Gonna keep it keto, but I am worried that the omelette that I plan on eating will plug me up. I hope the diner serves salads, so I can eat a bunch of veggies with my omelette.

Wasn't the previous thread also #210?

What can I do to keep my mind off of hunger?

Attached: 1494629920777.jpg (443x661, 48K)

Thank goodness this thread started out with a smart and well thought out question.

>snake juice at 48 hours
>keto

Attached: 2D0FC3FB835948A78A2BEE6BCC054726.png (225x227, 119K)

I like to go for small walks, keep myself busy by learning new things, etc. Drinking black coffee always helps hunger suppression. It eventually builds up over time. I've been doing IF for over a year, I hardly ever get hungry anymore.

drink green/black tea

I'm starting a very long fast today. I don't know if I should go dry the first 24 hours. I plan to stay up and organize my computer because it is bothering me and i feel like I can't do anything else

well it happened. i actually gained weight after a day of not eating and cycling 20 km. i look leaner and my calipers show some result but i still gained weight. i guess water weight is real. when can i expect the woosh if i dont force it? (i am into a 72 hours fast going for 4 more days.)

I'm in deep ketosis, my man. This isn't my first time fasting. I use muh stix. Also, I use the snake juice because my job is somewhat physically demanding.

hey, kings
Jow Forumsing the dry fasting brainexpansion meme
cheers

Will drinking small amount of MCT oil during the first few days help kick my body into ketosis faster?

I've fasted thrice: Once for 24 hours, once for 36 hours, and once for 72 hours.

I'm having trouble getting over the hump.

>inb4 "u have no self-control"
I know.

eating fat will help you stay/feel full for longer
mct oil is absorbed very fast, and if you break your fast with it, then you will help train your body to use fat as fuel
as for before/during a fast? the less carbs you have in ya when you start your fast, the sooner you'll enter keto

Tryna get the wife to lose some weight with IF but apparently prolonged fasts can negatively impact females (due to their hormones and fertility and shit, so their bodies are more sensitive to perceiving starvation, producing stress responses like skipping periods etc). She's on OMAD a few days a week and then a 6-8hr eating window for the rest.
My question is, if she's not even cutting that hard during the time frame she eats in, will this still bring about starvation mode? I was under the impression that too large of a daily calorie deficit would more likely be the reason for eliciting those negative responses,
rather than the length of time she doesn't eat for the rest of the day, or am I mistaken by this? I don't wanna fuck up her fertility [spoiler]so we can make lots of pretty aryan babies (heh)[/spoiler]

Bout to break a 16 day sneak juice fast. Still pretty chubby, does it matter what I eat as long as I don't eat too much? Mostly care about refeeding syndrome

Attached: 1500237678786.png (238x212, 5K)

if her body fat percentage is above 12%, she shouldn't have to worry about starvation mode at all.

Ease into eating slowly, look up some foods that help prevent refeeding syndrome, but don't worry about still being chubby. Just keep going and you'll see even more results.

>16 days
>still pretty chubby

ffs. Does fasting even work?

nah that's all bullshit mate.
youtube.com/watch?v=d6kDAEiBW-Y

also
>so we can make
you should already be having children if you're married

I mean I went from 240 to 210, I wanted to go for 30 days but my skin is breaking out terribly.

Could I have any carbs? This keto rash is killing me. My entire chest and sides are covered. I honestly just want to eat a few slices of pizza

how do i estimate how much weight i will lose during a fast?

stay strong senpai. have some fatty, filling foods like a fatty soup or some meats and cheeses - whatever you like that fits the macros.
keep at it and your appetite and karb kraving will go down. i was downing like two large burger meals and bowls of cereal and icecream just a couple months ago. now i'm full after some of the stuff i recommended above.
stay true, king

read the new testament

Im not worried about staying strong. I just want to know if I can carb refeed without worry before restarting keto. This rash is terrible. And I want to start lifting.

Am I going to die if I eat a small amount of carbs after a 16 day snake juice fast

Are the "fuzzies" or shit brain function from skipping meals a meme funded by cereal companies? Could I fast when I have an exam and still be at peak brain performance? I've been doing IF for over a month now and so far its been kinda inconsistent. I'll be sharp as fuck one day and then I get a day like today (4th day straight OMAD) and have severe mental fog.

Also I'm have sleep issues in waking up before wake time, not sure if that's related, and memory problems which is either just caused by poor sleep or is due to fasting. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for the vid.
And I want to impregnate her when she's at peak health my man. Also want her to look hot for when we will be routinely trying to conceive

exercise = water retention

known fact

Begin with a small intake of carbs to initiate an insulin peak, then follow up with protein to get those absorption gains, then level out that that peak with fattier 'fuller' foods and veges and more carbs if you want a refeed.

at what bodyfat percentage does cole say it would be better to stop prolonged fasting and go for OMAD with low cals for weight loss?
(or anyone that advocates fasting)
or do you guys have an idea about this yourself?
i wanted to fast to 8% on OMAW but my god sleeping is getting hard and i feel so weak. no idea what BF i am, calipers say 15% but other people would probably guess lower.

how so?

please! surely one of you has this saved

here's another vid:
father chad (an exorcist) just started a series of sermons on marriage
youtube.com/watch?v=sSEihH7MtoY

Refeeding syndrome occurs in 1% of people. Chill man and GET THAT FAT ON YA. And then do it all again.

if you are really worried about this, just use baking soda and get a new toothbrush

You should stop at 6-8% bf. You are gonna get this crazy hunger that is something you've never felt. You can feel it burning in your lower throat and it's comparable to being really really thirsty. That's a sign that your body does not have enough bodyfat to survive on and has to start breaking muscle to survive. You can search "when to stop fasting" on YouTube, almost all of them mention this.

>you will help train your body to use fat as fuel

It doesn't work like that.

Once you conquer insulin sensitivity issues, glucose metabolism will improve and you'll have normal blood sugar fluctuations. Once you get back into a healthy metabolic environment, you'll be able to use triglycerides as fuel. There's no 'training', it just happens or it doesn't.

Calipers are a terrible measurement method when fasting. You get incredibly flat and begin holding water in the wrong places, it skews the results. Get a bioimpedance measurement or a flotation measure.

This. Everyone is so worried about keto when fasting helps with insulin sensitivity. If you have good insulin sensitivity your body will stop turning calories into fat.

Also daily reminder that restricting calories other than fasting decreases your metabolic rate. So if you drop your calories to 1500 calories a day your body will slowly adjust to those 1500 calories a day. People who calorie restrict lose weight but their bmr is less than that of a person who was never fat and weighs the same. So they then have to eat much less food and eventually gain their weight back. In the minnesota starvation experiment volunteers agreed to eat less food. Those volunteers lost 25% body weight. However after some time and the experiment was only 25 weeks their bmr lowered. So they were on 1200 calories a day and their bodies eventually just adapted to those 1200 calories with other negative side affects as well.

this is why you combine with feasting to keep your metabolism up for maximum loss

Fasting, small dose of Tren, alternating Rauwolscine and Clen fortnightly, and 25mcg T3 is hands down the best way to cut fat without risking muscle loss.

Understandably not everyone wants to use those drugs, but the effects are undeniable.

>combine with feasting
Yes. You want to keep those calories burning when you are skinny. No need to be burning only 1500 calories a day when you are at your goal weight.

Best exercise while fasting? Should I just stick to long walks?

well yeah. but i currently do OMAW and was wondering when it would be better to fast less.

How do OMADers deal with others eating around them when they're hungry?

by becoming stronger from eating OMAW

Ever exercise dry fasted?

with -60% weight. its doable

They're MAKING ME DRINK JUUCE
I DON'T TAKE BREAKFAST AND NOW IM GONNA BE HUNGRY REEEEEE

Attached: 20180608_070850.jpg (3264x1836, 2.29M)

>Zero calorie black coffee and tea are generally considered to be fine.
Reminder that caffeine is metabolized and thus will interfere with your fast

Wot about green tea

what the fuck
who are they?

Does prolonged fasting raise or lower test levels? When I google the question I only get results about IF.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?

Trying the IF 8/16 program. So I get no energy drinks, diet soda, etc. during my 16 hour fast. However I still have a Q. Every morning before work I get up and run a couple miles. Before my run I drink a BCAA drink (Scivation Xtend BCAA) to help prevent any muscle breakdown during this fast. It does have artificial sweeteners. Is that OK or am I screwing up my fast?

Phychology class

just say you're a mudslim and you're on ramadan

only if youre muslim

A full body workout puts me in ketosis within 24h

c'mon....

just say no wtf is your problem.

How does anyone make you do anything?

Why do you have a diaper on your desk

it's a metabolic disorder, caused by the usual suspects. the blood brain barrier doesn't pass fats as a barrier against pathogens; brain thus relies on sugar or ketones for energy. most people are poorly adapted to ketone production, so when the sugar gets low you start to drag mentally.

Delayed gratification. Remind yourself how much more satisfying your meal will be for having waited for it.

Attached: 1526740817327.jpg (862x3832, 891K)

Hey guys this is my current physique with snek juice.
Would it be better for me to switch to OMAD since I'm not fat? Or should I just keep water fasting and refeeding keto style?
Goal is mainly fat loss with muscle retention.

Attached: 20180607_143805.jpg (1121x1778, 601K)

Hey fatties, give me one good reason why you aren't dry fasting right now.

Attached: 1527486492924.jpg (658x960, 60K)

Because I'm not a smelly arab.

I just bought a bag of magnesium sulfate that claims to be 100% pure magnesium sulfate. There's no label on it though other than that.
Cole says to use half a teaspoon of this stuff in my snake juice to give me 200mg of magnesium, but when I measured half a teaspoon of my magnesium sulfate, it came out to 3 grams!
What gives? Am I gonna die from too much magnesium if I put this in my snake juice?

pls help me fasters

Attached: 1525306546178.png (1080x1080, 1.42M)

It's day 7. I've lost 7,3Kgs or 16 lbs whatever. I'm so tired that I can't even send e-mail and I have planned to continue untill monday. Goddamit this is such fucking shit when you have no energy to keep yourself occupied in the evening so you start to feel the hunger again.

During this whole time I've just been obsessed with food and can't think of anything else. Well sure during the mornings when I drink coffee and during sports it passes, but when I have down time all I can think of is food. Are you people having the same issue or are there seriously people here that claim they won't even think about food during fast?

Attached: a7d55b279764399c60022a431939602a.jpg (453x760, 55K)

>literally not being able to do what smelly arabs do
You're admitting your inferiority to third-worlders, hold yourself to a higher standard and have some self-control.

why the fuck wouldn't you drink water? that's like the most basic shit you need. fasting i get, dry fasting is fucking stupid as hell

Those are bath salts you dummy. They aren't food grade. It'll taste like shit and make you OD on Mg unless you microdose.

>I can't do it so it's stupid
Before you learned about fasting you probably thought food was "like the most basic shit you need". You're just a bitch who can't take it a step further.

oh no!
these were the only magnesium sulfate I could find though..

Attached: 1518345632827.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Is Cole unironically telling people to put that stuff in their juice now?
I mean, like I said, you can microdose. It'll taste like shit but it shouldn't make you sick. Why is he recommending it?

I think about food all the time too. I spend all my time planning out the perfect meal to break my fast with, looking up hundreds of recipes.

Gonna fast until July 4th.
Female weighing 160.
how much you think i can lose?

He is, because you need magnesium while fasting, apparently. I'm not a scientist so I don't know.
Also I'm reading up on the bag of magnesium sulfate I picked up. It says it's kosher, organic, non-GMO and USP Grade.
Surely that means it's safe to eat, yeah?
3 grams of this stuff measured in half a teaspoon and mixed into 2 litres of water isn't going to kill me, right?
R-right?

Attached: 1508873201994.jpg (705x717, 446K)

close to, if not 30 pounds

I plan on it this coming up Monday. Did a 24 hr water fast on wedneaday. Felt good. Felt good all day. Still feel great.

Hope you make it breh.

I already came up with my perfect keto meal to break my fast: 1 pound of ground beef seasoned with taco mix. Throw that shit into huge bowl, chop up onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and pickles and throw that in there. Add tex mex cheese sauce and salsa sauce to that shit and mix. Eat with spoon in one sitting.

If I feel like I can fit some more I have a pack of sliced bratwurst to snack on and shitload of bacon. I'm doing keto because I'll just be training from monday to friday and then another 10 day fast which hopefully gets me to 85-88Kg range (now 98Kg). After that fast I'm gonna eat the saurkraut and fermented shit that one should.

Attached: 1418868726405.png (750x709, 126K)

Going into day 5, concentration tasted salty as fuck but this morning I was feeling super miserable with a headache and was super weak. Drank some of the snake juice and it tasted just like water. What's happening brahs?

was it cold when it tasted like water? It tastes like shit warm, get it cold as you can. Also new or old snake juice?

Start out with some juice and soup. Eating anything solid after extended fasts just makes you feel like shit and get stomach cramps. Take two or three days to get back into eating "normal" foods

No one's gonna comment on the panty shaped wallet on user's desk? You fucking fruit.

Anyone else getting diarrhea? For reference, I'm 11 hours away from finishing a 72 hour fast.

Attached: 1528316483679.jpg (750x790, 52K)

I'm weak too, I'm never ever fasting again in this lifetime unless it's necessary. I'm eating a box of fresh cookies now.

dont drink so fast, sip throughout the day.

I hope you are not fat.

what the other user said
snake juice is meant to be sipped throughout the day
if you take too much salt too fast, you'll get watery shits
either cut back on your salt or add more water.

I take a 1.5 cup of ice cold water and put

1/4 tsp pink salt and 1/4 tsp potassium in it and sip on it until I can't stand the taste anymore. I usually finish most of it, but it takes about 30 minutes to an hour.

I do that twice a day because I couldn't down the original.

Attached: 1522348575028.jpg (600x640, 40K)

So, apparently, the Danish Prime Minister has started doing three-day fasts to lose weight.

bt.dk/sundhed/klar-ikke-laest-lars-loekke-rasmussen-afsloerer-sin-fastekur-saadan-goer-jeg-naar

His routine is to first eat mostly vegetables for a few days, then he eats nothing for three days while drinking water mixed with garlic, ginger and lemon juice.

I mean, if world leaders are doing it, then it can't be all that bad.

Attached: larsloekke.jpg (1500x841, 132K)

that much salt concentrated into that small amount of water is of course going to taste like shit you dumb smelly weeb. not only that, but you'll also literally get the shits as well. i'm surprised you're not vomiting too.
here's my advice to you, dumb weeb. invest in a 2L water bottle and mix everything into that. sip that and only that throughout your day. none of that fresh water bullshit. only snake juice.
SIP nigga SIP

Attached: 1523177696098.gif (500x281, 404K)

Do you even need snake juice for 72 hours?

>water mixed with garlic, ginger and lemon juice
Wouldn't that break your fast?