Anxiety over muscle tears

I keep getting bad anxiety over bicep tears in the gym. The idea of it makes my skin crawl more than anything.

I've stopped deadlifting because it's the main cause of bicep tears. How likely is it that a natty lifter would tear any muscle? If you did tear a muscle and completely rip it off the bone so that it requires surgery then could you ever lift again or would it be a case of you can never lift now...?

Attached: Biceps-tear-injury-1.jpg (373x324, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nt-A7t1ocHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me too, man. Especially because my left biceps feels weaker sometimes when doing curls. It's not hurting but I feel kind of a stretch there. This is why I started doing full body workouts every day, never going to failure.

Same. Looking for tips on how to avoid it. I've had tendonosis for a few years now due to physical labor and constant gym-going. Certain exercises and weights make my bicep and elbow tendons twinge

youtube.com/watch?v=nt-A7t1ocHc

Just never push the biceps too hard, don't fully extend on curls and done do anything with a supinated grip.

I had a blood test and was too scared to lift for a week because I thought the pinhole used for siphon my blood would explode and piss out blood if I got a pump

Just don't do mixed grip diddlies then.

My anxiety over tearing my old hernia is far worse.

>done do anything with a supinated grip

No, do as much work as you can with a supinated grip, it's how you strengthen your biceps tendon and avoid tears in the future.

just warm up properly

Attached: 1492574246374.jpg (420x631, 30K)

>This is why I started doing full body workouts every day, never going to failure.
You see any results from doing this?

Just don't go to heavy. You muscles grow from being under tension. Generally the more tension you apply the better the results. But that doesn't mean they won't grow from less, and doesnt mean you cant compensate from doing more sets or reps.

>>there are people on this board that are afraid to do deadlifts because of bicep tears
they have probably never warmed up in their entire gay lives

This

the only way to tear a bicep during supinated grip (mixed grip) deadlift is not flexing your tricep (trying to row instead of deadlift)

to avoid confusion here, just flex your tricep if you're using mixed grip, this will prevent any possibility of a tear

just do low weight high rep for toning and be yourself

I started doing it in the beginning of this year, took a break for a month and started doing it again a month ago. Amazing strength gains like never before. And I have been cutting for a month. Haven't made leg gains while cutting, but that's probably because I only go to daily max and don't do back-off sets. In the beginning of the year I took my back squat 1RM from 100 kg to 143 kg and front squat from 95 kg to 118.5 kg in a span of 2-3 months.

Also, I feel really energetic at the gym. Yesterday, for example, I did a total of 170 reps of OHP (40 kg) at the end of my workout.

Stop ego lifting, it's that simple

>I've stopped deadlifting because it's the main cause of bicep tears
Thought that only happens with reverse grip

>Warming-up
>Flexibility
>Mobility
>Progressive overload
>Proper form
>Preacher curls lmao

I see soooooooo fucking many people in the gym skipping at least one fo these. I bet half of you think you're tough being
>That guy who gets to the gym, lifts immediately, leaves
Despite worrying about injuries...

I feel this, have had anxieties about needles in general for many years now

Tricep isolations give me extreme pain in the elbow... But bicep exercises are fine it seems

Warm up
Don't pull with the biceps
Push with your butt, gut and tights.

Warm up properly, don't increase weight too much between sets, and stay natty. Do that and it becomes much less likely that you will tear a bicep.

Do cardio for 5 minutes to get your muscles warmed up

tricep tendonitis - a lot of people get that.

Tendon get less blood flow than muscles and therefore repair slower.

Increase blood flow to tendons by warning up and doing activities that activate the muscle besides lifting.