What is the biological advantage of having visible abs and why are women attracted to it?

What is the biological advantage of having visible abs and why are women attracted to it?

Attached: gordon.jpg (704x396, 51K)

bump

>Its like having a visible penis.

I dunno you advertise that you are a healthy strong mate.

Most women are completely uneducated on the concept of bodyfat and muscle. Having abs is generally a good indicator that you take care of your self, and if you have abs it means that you are generally a low bodyfat percentage, meaning the rest of your body looks muscular to the normal female.

>girls are attracted to abs
Lol. Silly user you have much to learn.
The people that are attracted to abs are gay dudes.....

>The people that are attracted to abs are gay dudes.....
Basically anyone attracted to aesthetic looks is a homo.

Stop trolling please.

>What is the biological advantage of having visible abs
There is none.
>why are women attracted to it?
They aren't, low IQ gymcels just like to pretend they are because women are also attracted to tall, handsome and/or famous chads that also happen to have abs.

>t. Neet virgin

Women are attracted to abs. If you think otherwise, you never had abs, or your so ugly having abs didnt change anything.

I've slayed far more in periods my life where I did not gymcel. And it's just a straight up fact, having abs is not in any way an evolutionary advantage (in fact it signals SHIT GENETICS), only low quality fetishists are attracted to abs.

That doesnt change the fact women are attracted to abs. Girls fucking love abs dude. Ive heard "that guys ugly but h3 has a super hot body I must admit" when a dude only has abs and a little muscle.

This is why lifting for women is a mistake. If you want abs then lift and get them and feel accomplished. Women aren't attracted to men the way men are attracted to women. This is 100% true user.

Bet these are post-prime whores (23+ years old) on birth control.
Getting abs is not an achievement, it does literally fucking nothing for you. It's not healthy, it doesn't look good and you need to autistically manage your life to keep them, which in turn is yet again unhealthy.

Gee, the only logical response in this thread.

8fit is better than this shit.

Attached: 15000018842885.jpg (90x125, 3K)

>starvationcel
>healthy and strong
Get your nose out of those jewish bodybuilding mags

>abs don't look good
oh dear god the COPE

I really think your projecting because you cant get proper abs.

They really don't. You have standards of beauty engineered by homosexual jews.
There is literally zero (0) advantage to having abs that show without flexing. All it achieves is taking your energy levels, killing your strength and probably your dick too.

>They really don't. You have standards of beauty engineered by homosexual jews.
That must explain why all the white womynz go for lean ripped blacks.

abs if you wanna be aesthetic
no abs if you wanna be a fat powerlifter

>All it achieves is taking your energy levels, killing your strength and probably your dick too.

Attached: sgnt.jpg (1080x540, 80K)

Making some whine over here with your sour grapes buddy.

Attached: 1519098203181.png (500x283, 109K)

Jow Forums is full of bitter fatties today

>not believing ridiculous gymcel myths means you are fat
Women literally do not care and abs are not evolutionary advantageous as it indicates you are a piece of genetic shit that can't even feed yourself.

Social proof thots are the greatest normies and want what other thots want.

C O P E O V E R L O A D

>gymcel
>claiming anyone else is coping
Anyone that has ever touched a barbell outside of mandated training for sports, career etc. are certified genetic dogshit.

Attached: 1509152244644.gif (320x173, 1.42M)

Jesus fuck, just stop coping and do some L-sits, you massive flaming faggot.

I bet you are fat
post a pic of yourself

>all these butthurt fatties claiming abs aren't good

Attached: 1476205545881.jpg (725x713, 142K)

It's a gymcel meme just like fucking biceps you low iq copers, bet you are all deathnikk as they're the only ones low sentience enough to believe this shit

I told you to stop coping and do some L-sits, fatty.

I don't know who's trolling who anymore. Of course abs are attractive to women.

Attached: rene.jpg (320x320, 36K)

it signals physical fitness

you are turned on when a girl is revealing her breasts, yes?

A girl's breasts have nothing to do with her fitness. On the other hand, abs means absence of body fat, which makes you weaker.

>abs
>absence of body fat
>weaker
B O I

Attached: pudzianek.jpg (200x301, 32K)

this

Actual answer:

There isn't a biological advantage. If you've ever wondered why it's difficult to get a sense of "what women find attractive", it's because most of what they find attractive is based on trends and society. Women have to be good at surviving, so that they can have children and support them; the only tried-and-true evolutionary way to do that is to care a lot about trends and what other people think. Abs on men have been in fashion for a while because most men don't have them. Parading around something that other people don't have is good in a woman's eye, hence she tries to have it for herself.

I'd also argue that what little true sexual attraction women do feel is based on "shapes" -- body shape, face shape, etc. Fat on men tends to accumulate in the same blobby way (by comparison, fat on women can accumulate in breasts, in thighs/ass); add in the fact that most men have similar body types when not accounting for muscle/fat (where differences are largely in penis size/shape and shoulder size), it becomes more attractive and more optimal to accentuate the shape your muscles make.

you can't get muscular without a large source of protein.
You can't get lean without rigorous exercise.
Abs signal a mate that you're a successful hunter that is in top shape health wise.

What the fuck is everyone going on about in here. Of course girls love abs you dipshits. It signals a bit of muscle mass and low bodyfat. Do you even have abs yourself? No? Then get the fuck out. Teenage girls cream themselves over abs.

ask me how i know you're obese powerlifters

thats why they only lock him against other shredded lads

it doesnt need an advantage

men get less water retention than women and are thus more prone to cramps, does that seem like it has an advantage? how about a big dick? what the fuck is that for?

honestly, holy shit.
girls will worship your abs if they have the oppurtunity to.
if someone says otherwise. then they have never had abs that are worthy of worship.

thank god. a Jow Forums poster that isnt a projecting chubby cuckmong

evidently with construction workers and strongmen its very possible to outeat exercise why wouldnt we be attracted to chub then?

My theory is that since abs are used in posterior rotation of the pelvis, it tells grills you can reach deeper with your benis and increase the chance of conception. Kinda like having glutes for the sloots.

rate

Attached: naughty.jpg (200x300, 46K)

ur mom is definitely gay for me then lmao

Attached: BOOTY.jpg (380x348, 44K)

because chub is unecessary weight that could slow down a hunter?

oh damn thanks didnt think of it that way

It shows that you live moment by moment, resolving each instance without carrying baggage into the next. Women find this attractive as they usually struggle with thinking too much about the past and the future, seeking mates that offer the freedom of the moment.

it’s all probably a load of shit anyways but evolutionarily speaking that could be the case. Hence why a lot of females place more emphasis on lean rather than big. You don’t need to be big when you have pointy sticks

Why do women like large dicks? What is the evolutionary advantage?

>It shows that you live moment by moment

its actually the exact opposite of this, it shows dedication and planning

If you are northern european? none, because northern european men are meant to carry a bit of BF

You were dedicated and planned, so in the moments you just follow the plan and are free of thought, those who do not plan are always prisoners to having to think about how to fill their time.

Less space for semen to travel. Abs are a physical representation of fitness. Height is a visual indicator of potential strength. Realistically, your kegel muscle and semen amount are better indicators of ejaculate distance, lean body mass is a better indicator than abs, and sports are a better indication of power output. All of these require you to actually see them in action though which is after you've already made up your mind to plow.

People think dick size is related to hand/foot length; they're always trying to find something that'll let them know one of the above before they commit.

What are you even trying to say?

Nigga, what the fuck? Fuck off with your cuckold fantasies, stupid fucking leftist

You guys are so dense

Abs are attractive to most girls because they are a symbol. They have no idea what it means. You could just naturally be vascular and eat below maintenance. You could be weak as shit. But we portray abs as a symbol of strength and fitness.

It's not about the muscles. The same way having a mustang or a 911 means something. They're symbols. The conclusions we draw about the owners of these symbols can often be inaccurate.

Having a strong jawline is also desirable. We think people with those are tough, strong and heroic men. When in reality they could be weak, scared losers.

Tldr it's called symbolism

women are attracted to resource-bearing men. In the year 300, a fat man was resource-bearing so fatness was attractive. Now the poor are fat so being thin is attractive, except in extremely poor countries, where fat people are still prized.

and one guy finally gets it.

have a nice titpic, user

Attached: 1528459814619.jpg (1080x1080, 2.15M)

Imagine being this fat

hey pal this is a worksafe board

>m-muh bloatmax, twinks btfo

Attached: 1527477544501.gif (300x176, 492K)

There is no biological advantage. In nature it is more indicative of survival to have a layer of fat, as an animal in the wild relies on fat as it's caloric storage for lean times. Not a ton, mind you, but nature does not allow for the caloric surpluses of sedentary society.
Abs are attractive today because they are indicative of the lifestyle we believe is the most adapted to today's society: hard work, standing out, and so on. If it's easy enough today to get a layer of fat, perhaps several, then the mark of effort becomes it's inverse: temperance, signified in body fat.

Na man. Girls are attracted to large shoulders. My gf, and all my ex says the same thing. Shoulder press brah

because back when it mattered being able to out-eat exercise was so rare it didn't get selected for.

NO YOU FUCK ABS ARENT HEALTY IT DOES NOTHING TO WOMEN YOU FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU'RE LOW IQ ABS

Explain the "shit genetics" comment please

>so ugly having abs didn't change anything.
pls delet

All these morons saying having abs is bad, well then by that logic, having any muscles at all is bad god damn fit you never disappoint.

It's okay user. Losing weight is hard. You'll get abs next summer.

In my case, I don’t want to have them specifically but it’s a byproduct. If you do calisthenics you can’t get too fat because everything goes to shit in an instant so I use this as a method to know when it’s time to cut down a bit. It’s a nice ego boost though and my waist is almost always small.

Muscles = good and sexy
Abs = muscles
Abs = good and sexy