Need help Jow Forums

Need help Jow Forums

I am 6’5” and currently weigh 229 pounds, down from 236.

I have been cutting for 5 weeks now. Eating at a 800-1000 cal deficit. Doing cardio and weights 2-3 times a week.

I’m not doing Keto but I am eating high protein and as low on carbs as I can.

My problem is that I cannot break past 229! In fact I vary between 228-234 everyday! I assumed it was water weight variation. But for the past week I haven’t lost a single pound.

What gives? What can I do to break this plateau?

Attached: BD1349D9-0FC3-4A73-B0A9-DDCDE4C24973.jpg (640x439, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F A S T
A
S
T

You're clearly not eating at a 800-1000 cal deficit.

^This guy is right, you're not counting your calories properly

Attached: 1497966773307.jpg (400x400, 32K)

the fuck dude? U are 6'5 and 229, why are u cutting

I’ve been using the fitness pal app. I feel that I am cause the first month I lost those 8 pounds.

I haven’t changed my diet at all.

I use to be a surfer, low BF and lean.

I’ve put on a bit of a Dadbod. Lost some muscle and gained fat. I’d say I’m 18-20%bf. I want to cut down to 215 and hit 10%.

Then clean bulk back up

just use the extra fat to build muscle. It’s harder to bulk up if you’re sitting at a really low bf% because then you have to constantly eat without any leniency

That brings me to my question. If I am eating at a deficit but have that extra fat, I will still be building muscle right?

If so then would my lack of weight loss be because I’m replacing fat with heavier muscle?

depends. You still should be getting enough protein but in general? ya, probably. The noobier your existing gains the easier it is to actually do both st the same time

try 25%+ bud

Here's your answer, OP. Fasting, whether it be extended, intermittent, water or dry.

Go over to the fasting thread and read up.

You are currently doing the Eat Less, Exercise More diet. This diet always fails because your metabolism will lower and you will plateau. Sound familiar? You will also gain all that weight back and your metabolism will be fucked for a long time.

The biggest factor of why this diet doesn't work is not because of what you are eating (however very important) but when you are eating. The body can only either store fat or burn fat. There is no inbetween. When you're eating all throughout the day insulin is always in your blood stream causing you to store fat, even though you're eating at a deficit. This is why your metabolism lowers. If you give your body a break from insulin (not eating) then it can effectively access its fat storage as energy. This is exactly what we want to accomplish.

Fastest way to lose weight? Stop eating. Its that simple. If you're not that hardcore you can always do intermittent fasting; having a small window where you "feed" and a large window where you fast. You can eat one meal a day, or maybe 2 or 3 in a 1-8 hour window. The smaller the feeding window the better.

Like I said there is a fasting general that you should look into. Do the research for yourself so you know what you're getting into. Fasting is a great stress on the body and as all the lifters on this board know; the body grows stronger from stress.

Get your ass in shape fatties. You don't even have to exercise, just stop eating.

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

Attached: Based Fung.jpg (1024x683, 208K)

>fasting without water
enjoy your one way ticket to death city

Don't you see that you are part of the problem? You have obviously never tried it and have no idea what you're talking about. You're simply perpetuating the lie like a mindless fucking drone.

You should be fucking ashamed. I've done 3 day NO WATER NO SHOWER NOTHING fasts. Nothing cleans the body better.

>water preventing you from cleaning the body
wut

ya you're just watering the cancer cells. you want them to die.

uhm. the problem is that you kill your normal cells as well

Not drinking water is 100% retarded. You are 80% water. Why would you dehydrate every cell in your body?

I get no food but no water? You’re the problem bucko

you expect people to just stay hungry all the time?

> 10%
> 215
LMFAAAOOOOOOOO user pls

post bod

Damaged cells are targeted first, and it all gets healed when you come off the fast.
Your logic is like saying lifting is bad for you because it's breaking down muscle tissue.
Breakdown is needed for healing and growth.

>What gives? What can I do to break this plateau?

Count your calories better. Use food scales and measuring cups.

Also high carb is better than high fat.

Attached: e09.png (645x729, 69K)

>no shower
Fuckinf Americans.

Literally this. STOP EATING FATTY.

how many calories are you eating