Not following a Mediterranean diet

>not following a Mediterranean diet

Attached: IMG_20180608_192836.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqbQ82ld-4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too many carbs

Yet they have some of the lowest instances of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
They also live longer on average.

But go ahead and continue cowering in fear over a carbohydrate.

I will

I always cook with butter like the BASED frenchmen

Nothing like dipping this nice toasted bread in some of this mildly salty kale/sardine/garlic infused extra virgin olive oil

Fitness supplements btfo

They also eat a million times less food faggot.

This is false

You know what else the "blue zones" of the Mediterrean have in common with every other long-lived place on Earth

>lots of sunshine (i.e. go outside a lot)
>deep social bonds

so basically, Jow Forums is fucked for longevity no matter what they eat

Garlic bread isn't part of the mediterranean diet

Any diet that says olive is healthy is for absolute retards.

Not garlic bread. Just bread drizzled in dat extra virgin olive oil.

>white bread
Med diet is based around whole grains

Not necessarily whole grains. As long as you're eating your carbs with moatly greens, vegetables, olive oils and fish you're good.

All kinds of delicious nutrional explosions in your mouth hnnnnngnggggg

Attached: IMG_20180608_193343.jpg (3264x2448, 1.99M)

>lemme just eat what I want and call it Mediterranean

I assume you are also drinking wine throughout the day and with meals? Spending a lot of time in the sun?

That's what mediterranean themed restaurants serve, that's not the mediterranean diet. The med diet is based around whole grains, beans, nuts, olive oils, fish, veg and fruit

I do

share your recipe OP

Attached: 2143242343.jpg (792x806, 99K)

>dry cured meat
>char grilled vegetable antipasto
>Gorgonzola cheese
>DEENZ
Med diet is a gift from god. It’s not even that high in carbs, bread won’t kill you either I did a 15 day Mediterranean holiday where I ate bread at every meal, didn’t even try to count calories and was surprised that I actually had lost weight slightly when I got back

complete truth went to (((western europe))) a month ago and was starving half the time

Actual Med reporting in, first of all, what the fuck is OP's pic?
Mediterranean diet couldn't be simpler, it's literally eating like a poor fisherman or farmer, but based Meds do the best with what little we got. Just do this and you'll be fine:
> No a lot of meat, maybe twice a week or so, focus on poultry (but not duck), beef, lamb
> Fish four times a week. You'll love fish, not only the normie fishes like salmon, tuna or cod but hake, flounder, etc. Also seafood, shrimp and that is fine but get to know the bivalves a bit better
>Special mention: eggs, don't add them to everything but they're the basis of a lot of good shit
>Cheese, dairy, yoghurt (natural flavored) everyday. Little portions everyday, don't buy lots of kraft cheap shit, invest in a good chunk of cheese that will last for some time and add flavour with just a little of it. Don't even get near fruit flavored yoghurt, the natural thing tastes best.
> Vegetables, fruits, legumes, full grain shit, that's everyday bro, every fucking meal. If you're not having a fruit in every meal you're doing it wrong, if you don't have BEEG vegetable sides you're doing it wrong. If you don't mix legumes and rice like a god-fearing tanned fisherman you're doing it wrong.

These are the basics. Now for the mongrels out there
>But what vegetables / fruits / legumes should I buy???
Whatever is in season, it'll be cheaper and tastier

Also
and
are right, being in the sun, having strong family bonds and eating small portions are key to pull off this lifestyle. Don't ask me how it works, it just does.

never ever heard of italians eating whole grain bread, thats mostly a norther european thing. pretty sure ciabatta is most popular there

is this sort of existence really normal somewhere? Truly this must be paradise on Earth.

They actually eat bread at every meal in Spain

you know, when people mention the mediterranean diet, they think of the french, italians, spaniards, and not balkanids like you

It's quickly became my endeavor. Lounging around most of the day, eating exotic fruit, weightlifting, and having plenty of sex with some qt's

It's like eating weird frankenfoods from factories, full of chemicals, preservatives, sugar and shit, is bad for you, and eating freshly made food is good for you

Really activates the almonds

Theyre also fucking lazy.

Oh excuse me im exhausted from my stroll and banging my wife. i need to go take a 3 hour nap.

The mediterranean diet is based mostly on the diet of the people of Crete in the mid 1900s, not the diet that modern mediterranean people eat today, which is more like how the US eats

It's bread greens olive oil and sardines you fucken arab

Well I assume the med diet is based on what people all over the Mediterranean ate, so Spain, Portugal, turkey, Morocco, Greece ect. ate over the last centuries, but you might have a point, the diet definitely must have changed over the past century, and it still varied a lot based on region

>Well I assume the med diet is based on what people all over the Mediterranean ate
Well it's not, it's based on the traditional Cretan diet.
Here's a short video detailing the diet
youtube.com/watch?v=jqbQ82ld-4o

Clean your room you bum

portuguese here
lunch has been most of the time fresh grilled sardines on top of a slice of bread, some olive oils to snack before the sardines are done, as sides theres roasted peppers,cucumber,tomatoes and oniobs dressed with olive oil, white vinegar and oreganos, boiled veggies and boiled potatoes

tasty af

I recently started eating more red meat too, way better than poultry if you can afford
the only reason mediterraneans didnt more of it were because of economical reasons

i'll give you an explosion in the mouth

Can someone give me a rundown of what to buy and what to eat assuming I'm a brainlet?

Attached: IMG_2722.jpg (600x900, 137K)

looks like Auckland new Zealand.

>Mostly plant
>Minimal meat

Just like the meal in the OP. This is exactly what Michael Pollan promotes.

What was the point of this post

Man, I read Corn's Conquest by him and then coincidentally an article about growing opium poppies by him a month later without knowing who he was.

Now I'm seeing his name everywhere.

He's based. Watch the latest Joe Rogan podcast on YouTube with Michael Pollan talking about psychedelic experiences. Enjoy.

he recently came out with a new book so that's part of it

Michael Pollan has been a big name since around the time Obama got elected.

Wat? Pretty sure any classical Mediterranean diet is the fucking Mediterranean diet, unless you are talking about some bastardised American version. You also link some bullshit vegan cuck who unironically references the seven countries study

The type of plants also matter. As I said, the mediterranean diet is based on whole grains.
>Wat? Pretty sure any classical Mediterranean diet is the fucking Mediterranean diet
Well it's not. "The mediterranean diet" is a specific diet, again, based on the traditional diet of Crete. It's not whatever any mediterranean country is eating at any given time.
>You also link some bullshit vegan cuck who unironically references the seven countries study
Conspiracy theorist go away

>portuguese here

youre not med retard

Lmao. So some American doctors get to define what is or isn’t the med diet based on one town in one period of time, then use the stats of modern day Mediterraneans to say it’s healthy. Kys

>So some American doctors get to define what is or isn’t the med diet based on one town in one period of time
Yes, why wouldn't they be able to?
>, then use the stats of modern day Mediterraneans to say it’s healthy
They don't use modern Mediterraneans, they use the stats of the fucking Cretans the diet is based on. In modern research supporting the mediterranean diet, it's based on a scoring system that measures adherence to that specific diet.

STOP IT STOP EATING CARBS! JOE ROGAN SAYS THEYRE BAD, CARBS ARE POISON! I JUST TURNED 30 AND IVE NEVER FELT BETTER BECAUSE I WENT KETO

STOP IT STOP IT NOW NO MORE CARBS

Attached: 30yearoldfaggot.jpg (235x215, 9K)

That 30 year old vegan boomer who hates 30 year old keto boomers

That's just being anal. Grains/whole grains are both grains. The only difference is whole grains have more fiber and nutrients, which still isn't a significant amount. Don't speak as if all the substance is in the fucken bread. That would be the greens and oils and fish and other plant matter, etc.

carbs are pretty shit though. You don't even need to go keto, just eat less and you'll see the difference.

kek this

>Grains/whole grains are both grains.
More accurately, whole grains are grains, refined grains are a grain product. It's the starch from a whole grain with everything else stripped out. The food promoted on the mediterranean diet is whole grain, which forms the base of the diet.
>Don't speak as if all the substance is in the fucken bread.
The bread looks like 2/3 the volume of OP's dinner

Attached: whole grain phytochemicals.png (2008x1921, 1004K)

You also eat a lot of olive oil, and that is very healthy. very good fat in there. Do you guys really eat fruit at every meal? so 4-5 fruits a day? and really actual fruits no veggies?

Not him but i guess he meant that spanish people are healthy because they take snaps a lot. so that means less stress

When you're eating greens with bread you want a 2:1 bread to greens ratio. This is from a texture standpoint. It's pleasant this way. A mouthful of greens with half of it being bread is not very pleasant. You can't just look at diet from a numerical perspective. It has to be enjoyable.

Sure, but if you want them mediterranean diet health gains, at least make that whole grain bread. What I would do personally is toss the greens with some barley.

>Oh excuse me I'm exausted from banging user's wife
fixed

Both Mediterranian and Okinawan diets are massive memes coined from poor science and carbohydrate-industry shilling.

The lack of strenuous, stressful and time consuming labor other peoples have to suffer through for 40-45 years of their lives might also play a part.

Where does jamon de bellota fit into this diet?

What about the Adriatic diet?

That better be sourdough. Carbs are good but less processed m8

LMAO no italian ever eats whole grain bread.

Jewggle recommended me a Nordic diet the other week.

And yet the lowest of all of these are those pesky vegans. Morally and healthily superior.

>the fucking italians are trying to steal more shit from the greeks
The med diet is a greek diet you fucking cretin.

>they think of the french
uhhh no

Attached: judge jury and executioner.png (474x465, 351K)

Cretan here, fresh baked white bread on the table every meal. The flour in Crete is different than the low quality stuff in the US though.

>Cretin here
Like that thing from 300?

>whole grain bread

what??

>tomato season
>cheap kalamata olives
>cheap (or free if you know some old guy) excellent quality olive oil
>living the dream
>justmedfeels

Attached: 1523285457044.jpg (1260x1260, 344K)

>Portuguese
>Mediterranean

Attached: 1516070239665.gif (645x773, 9K)

>2018
>not eating fermented raw meat

hehe