I always notice a lot of people who do calisthenics are in incredible shape...

I always notice a lot of people who do calisthenics are in incredible shape. Some of the best physiques in the CBTs are calisthenicsfags. How many of you switched to calisthenics and liked what it did for you? Any tips for somebody who has never done it before?

Attached: F5A64BD6-C606-47C9-BCB9-AA8EBDC7EB99.jpg (700x465, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/21-workout-routines/
scoobysworkshop.com/2012/07/01/rotisserie-functional-core-abs-workout/
startbodyweight.com/2014/01/basic-routine-infographic-poster.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ask them to show their legs and you'll quickly change your mind

I remember seeing some routines that reccomend using weights when doing squats. I’m assuming it’s for that reason.

you could do calisthenics + squats

I do
>6-10 Pull/Chin-Up variation (sometimes with weights)
>8-10 push ups or 5-8 dips
repeat 10 times with 1,5mins of rest. Do this 2-3 times per week and add in some core exercises whenever I feel like. The idea is derived from german volume training. So you could expand it with the GVT principles.
I don't 'train' legs, because I do a lot of running and biking, so they look good enough.
I look more than noticably stronger than non lifters and my lats and upper back are noticably bigger than your average gymbros. I could use some more biceps, if I wanted to train for looks, but for me it's simply useless weight.

Yeah. I honestly want to get into it because I surf and it pays to be as light and strong as possible. I see calisthenicsfags doing some impressive gymnastics type shit that I can’t imagine your average gym bro doing but It looks like it takes extraordinary upper body strength to pull off.

>How many of you switched to calisthenics and liked what it did for you?
I switched from calisthenics to lifting weights, because even though I could do shit like head stand to hand stand pushups on a whim, my joints were sore as fuck and I looked skinnyfat.

I had more visual gains in my first month of lifting than I had in two years of calisthenics.

>my joints were sore as fuck and I looked skinnyfat

Damn. I could see that being the case for me too. How was your diet and mobility? I’m cutting right now and have been making an effort to stretch more.

Because they are lean, weighing less is much better for calisthenics. If you are lean you will look ten times better than the average fatso who "lifts for strength", even if they outlift you like crazy.

SNIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFF

Not really, wadr

t. landwhale

this

These are from
>scoobysworkshop.com/21-workout-routines/
this is also pretty good
>scoobysworkshop.com/2012/07/01/rotisserie-functional-core-abs-workout/

Basic bodyweight routine

– done thrice a week on non-consecutive days
– for absolute beginners to any form of fitness
– to be done in a circuit fashion
– leg exercise can be – lunges, get-ups, step-ups, eventually practice for pistol squats

Workout
A1 Pushups – 3xAMRAP / 60
A2 Chinups – 3xAMRAP / 60
A3 Leg exercise – 3xAMRAP / 60

Advanced bodyweight routine

– also my ideal vision of a teen workout
– once you can do more than 20 reps on all exercises, you can add some weight (backpacks, belts, and similar)
– also to be done as a circuit, thrice a week on non-consecutive days
– for non-teens who wish to utilize this, superset exercises (don’t do them as a circuit), up the rest times to 60 sec and do 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps

Workout
A1 Pistol squats – 2-3×10-20 / 45
A2 Dips – 2-3×10-20 / 45
A3 Chinups – 2-3×10-20 / 45
A4 Pushups – 2-3×10-20 / 45 -work your way up to a handstand pushup
A5 Inverted rows – 2-3×10-20 / 45
A6 Hanging leg raises – 2-3×10-20 / 45 -work your way up to a full hanging V-up
A7 Back extensions – 2-3×10-20 / 45 -eventually, try glute-ham raises

I also had some decent progress with a basic PPL routine where I simply swapped most of the exercises for bodyweight stuff. I never bothered with all these weird progressoin based calisthenics plans >startbodyweight.com/2014/01/basic-routine-infographic-poster.html

or you could just do weighted pullups and dips and beat their gains in a year

>Stay on target

I'm getting sick of the amount of calisthenics shills on the board. It's to the point where calisthenics idiots are doing weighted lifts and calling it "weighted calisthenics" instead of weight training. They also link the calisthenic Youtubers who either take steroids or also do weight training as an example of the type of body you can build with it.

Calisthenics will always be worse for building muscle because it's harder to progressively overload before the exercises become technically difficult to the point where balance, flexibility, and strength of very small stabilizer muscles are limiting it. You can use weights, but then you're just doing weight training like everyone else here, the only difference is you have some more body weight included.

It won't work miracles. It will be like normal weight training, just less effective.

Attached: calistfags.png (517x411, 24K)

BRRAAAAP!

I’ve seen the reccomended routine from the sticky on r/bodyweightfitness be reccomended on Jow Forums multiple times. What is your opinion of that?

RR is good to start if ur a complete newb, but don't expect a legit shredded body from it unless your diet is on point. It'll get you started on the right path but only stick with it for the first month or two then move onto something else.

Calisthenics like anything else will need a mix of high rep training, low-mid rep strength training and also skill training (handstand, etc.)

So maybe start with RR and then move on to ?

>No sign of skateboard squats
Trash

Just start and see for yourself. As always focus on form or this might happen. Just stick to one program for a few months and the least you will get as a feel for any kind of training routine. You'll probably want to get a set of cheap dumbbells sooner or later to add weight to some exercises ( by put the plates into a backpack. Also you can push your arms, if you want to). Imho you can easily get beyond ottermode with calisthenics and some weights and that's probably everything most people want anyway.

I don't understand why it's either lifting weights or calisthenics. Just do both. Calisthenics is great for upper body and body control. Lifting more for lower body and strengh.