>fruit is unhealthy!

Attached: B6961AF1-DF46-4C79-BE9E-8831737E13D3.png (469x572, 525K)

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/78/3/517S/4689990
youtube.com/watch?v=sHEJE6I-Yl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sweet fucking thread bro. like really, great thread. I wish we had more quality threads like this one. everything was on point, the picture, the content, the title--everything. Im literally becoming anabolic just by reading the words on my screen right now. my testosterone is completely peaked and soaring right now. thanks bro, looking forward to reading your threads in the future.

Correct. Tell me why sugar from fruit is good if you think otherwise.

>inb4 you point to the miniscule amount of vitamins fruits have

jamie pull that up real quick

Attached: 1514257867176.jpg (816x404, 131K)

Fruit has a lot of fiber, which kind of counteracts the effect of the sugar.
t.armchair scientist

Fruits are shittier vegetables. You only want to convince yourself otherwise because you're a fucking child that throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his sweets.

It's not that it's good it's just that it's not bad. The things that make refined sugar unhealthy mostly don't apply to whole fruit.

veggies bloat me fruits dont
check mate

fruit is high test

I’ve been wondering about this. Most authorities recommend fruit consumption, but it could be they surmise fruit will replace other sugary foods in the diet. Fruit tends to have sugar, vitamins, fiber and water. Sugar in moderation as part of a balanced meal likely isn’t harmful. But would it be even better to drop the fruits for an equivalent serving of vegitables? This is assuming you’re still getting the potassium and vitamin C that fruits tend to have. I don’t know. Anyone find any sources on this question specifically? Note that the DASH and Mediterranean diets are the top CDC recommended diets and they both have plenty of fruit servings. Would it be even better to sub these fruits for veggies?

It's better than candy, and the calories are so tiny that it's worth it. Watermelon chunks after a good lifting session is max comfy

Fruit overall is a benefit in the diet. For most of the reasons vegetables are good, fruits are good.
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet
>don't reject a food just because it contains fructose, says Dr. Bruce Bistrian, a professor at Harvard Medical School. "Fructose is naturally found in fruits. Fruits are not harmful and are even beneficial in almost any amount," he explains. Fruits contain lots of fiber. The fructose is bound to the fiber, which slows its absorption. Even more important, says Dr. Bistrian, "fruits and vegetables contain many other essential nutrients, such as flavonoids."
More on flavanoids here
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/78/3/517S/4689990

Complex sugars are great for you.
Simple sugars are bad.
>Fruit vs. Processed junk food
You guys are fucking dimwits.

Attached: 1528341831282.jpg (784x640, 39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sHEJE6I-Yl4

Is keto a meme? I only feel that way as soon as I start hearing ketofags try to explain why fruit is bad for you (even if deep down they don’t believe it either).

Fruit will fuck your liver. In the ass.

Fruit is neither healthy nor unhealthy. It has trace amounts of fiber, vitamin c, etc, but for the most part it's just empty calories. If you're thin, feel free to eat plenty of delicious fruit. If you're a fat fuck like boogie, you should probably be spending your daily calories on more nutritious foods.

Attached: get (1).gif (500x281, 597K)

These are retards who think eskimo diet is healthy.

No

fake news.

>uneducated opinion based on nothing touted as fact
See Fruit is a net good. Food is more complex than just vitamins and minerals. If you want to not have alzheimers when you're older, eat berries every day.

Fruits are a lot more than just sugars

Oh fuck off

Yeah I read the post, for a fattie on a calorie restrictive diet those calories are still better used on foods high in proteins, fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc.

Yes

>Fruits are just sugar and nothing else

Our ability to eat fruit is based in the need to seasonally fatten up for winter by storing excess sugars from fruit as fat. We were meant to eat a lot of it seasonally and get fat so we didn't fucking starve during the winter. Ketosis is the natural state of humanity, sugars and carbs are fattening survival food.

I would agree if we're talking about, for example, bananas, which are relatively high in calories and not very rich in polyphenols. Most other fruits are low calorie and can easily fit into any diet, especially berries.

Attached: Phytochemicals+Foods.+Health+effects.+Flavonoids.[1].jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>Our ability to eat fruit is based in the need to seasonally fatten up for winter by storing excess sugars from fruit as fat. We were meant to eat a lot of it seasonally and get fat so we didn't fucking starve during the winter
That's a broscience hypothesis with no real evidence
>Ketosis is the natural state of humanity
Ketosis is a side effect of starvation. Every animal goes into ketosis in the right (or wrong) conditions, during periods of starvation or illness (prolonged vomiting can induce ketosis). Animals evolve to avoid being in ketosis regularly, including humans.

Interestingly, the more carnivorous a species is, the more resistant to ketosis it is.

This makes logical sense given human history.

It makes me wonder if the specific makeup of fruit causes health benefits you can't get from normal eating during warm weather.

>makes logical sense
>humans evolved in tropical climate with fruit available year round

>sugar is bad for you

Not necessarily, only in large amounts.

Enjoy scurvy

>empty calories

Attached: laugh.png (600x580, 360K)

Attached: 1527382763274.png (821x869, 36K)

Why do retards always have to take things to the extreme, even their diet? How come people don't understand moderation?

I have heard of this too. That you should always have fibrous sugars.
Why is fibre necessary when processing sugar?

If you're a fatty on a diet you should be eating things high in fat because it will do a better job of keeping you from being hungry.

>prolonged omiting can induce ketosis

Source? I've never heard this. Metabolic alkalosis, yes, but not ketosis.

Attached: 1527896504509.jpg (442x333, 20K)

the idea is that the sugar in fruit takes longer to digest, it's in a more complex form. Plus the fiber helps tip the chemical gradient towards your digestive tract and prevents the sugar from entering your bloodstream as quickly.
don't quote me on that though I am a brainlet.

Red pill me on bananas Jow Forums. I have one for breakfast daily.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

cheap, nutritious, tasty

What about if you make smoothies?

Say with oats, bananas, blueberries, protein powder and milk. Does blending it and drinking make any difference in how the body absorbs it? Does it spike insulin, is it unhealthy? like 1 banana, 50-100g of blueberries

>Does it spike insulin
yes
>is it unhealthy?
no

I found out this morning that bananas are great for hangovers

>pre-workout.jpg

I've always thought eating fruit was something everyone did, never knew some retards could claim it as "unhealthy".
Filled with micros, delicious and shit ton of variety

Nah it's good for you

4th day fasting. Fuck this sounds so tasty. I'm going to buy a blender when I'm done fasting.

How much oats do you put in this shit?

/thread

okay thanks

Its really fucking good mate.

I put 250g of whole milk (2.5 liters)
100g oats
1 banana
50-100g blueberries (If to little blueberries it can taste a bit bland. can also use other berries of course. Strawberries are good)
2 scoops of protein powder. Currently using chocolate

More importantly, explain what's in fruits that can't be had from a wide variety of fibrous vegetables

Is this multiple servings? 2.5L of milk sounds a lot for one drink.

oh fuck, i meant 2.5 millilitres or 0.25 litres

Ok cheers bruv.

High glycemic index, fairly low in protein and low in fiber. Regarding micronutrients, I have no idea if it's good or not.

4/10. It's quick and easy to whip out, it'll give you an energy boost that'll last you a little while and will get rid of your hunger short-term.

Fruit are not a harmful as vegetables, but they're equally unnecessary.

>fruits
>available year round in tropical climates
Vegans ACTUALLY believe this

Attached: 1525128866927.gif (250x209, 1.82M)

i eat way too much fruit. it's my vice

based "keep posting bro" poster

Except that's how it works. There's everbearing fruits, then there's other multiple species that typically produce during certain times of the year and that when summed over provide constant supply. Is mango monoculture your only experience with tropical fruit?

I like them.