How much could this guy deadlift?

How much could this guy deadlift?

Attached: download (1).jpg (268x188, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/ballforce.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 tonnes

everything

Lmao he'd have like 3 inches ROM.

I'll ROM ur mom you faggot.

I was seconds away from making this exact thread a few hours ago only with a chimp before it slipped my mind.
Scary.

>When compared to humans, gorillas are four to nine times stronger than the average man. According to the Guiness Book of Records, a silverback gorilla can lift up to 815 kilograms (1800 pounds) of deadweight.
>An experiment conducted in 1924 showed that an adult gorilla can throw with almost 450 kilograms (990 pounds) of force, whilst an average human can only manage a maximum of 100 kilograms (220 pounds) - almost five times less than a gorilla.
>Even though male gorillas that weigh about 250 kilograms (550 pounds) are considered obese they're still capable of climbing trees and swinging from branch to branch, showcasing the incredible strength in their arms.
>The grip strength of a gorilla is so powerful that it could easily crush a crocodile.
>Gorillas don't only use their legs to get around. They also rely on the strength in their arms to walk.
The strongest, pumped full of steroids people on earth can’t even come close to an average silverback lmao

>can throw with 450kg of force
What the fuck does that even mean? Mass isn't force. I mean I can throw with 450kg of force.... just with a miniscule acceleration. Whoever wrote that doesn't understand basic mechanics

what would happen if you gave a silberback roids?

trips for truth

>who is newton
Also read here grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/ballforce.html

That's the only measurements they have. It's pretty much impossible to make a gorilla show you their true strength. Not like you can tell him he has to use his full strength and putting him in a seemingly life or death situation to make him demonstrate his full strength would be unethical.

Scary shit

Attached: IMG_0706.jpg (361x370, 60K)

I’d imagine that it would double it’s muscle mass easily. Probably could take on a rhino or elephant on it’s own if it gets bored.

They're very muscle bound by default. I can only assume giving them steroids would needlessly decrease their movement capabilities.

Is this achievable natty?

Not if it was from a deficit. Imagine him deadlifting with the bar level to his feet at the bottom.

Most of an ape's strength is in their upper bodies, so even accounting for stronger muscles, a gorilla probably wouldn't be much better than a human in a deadlift, since humans have proportionately more leg strength.
Put one on a bench though, and it would be real fucking impressive.

all gorillas do is eat fruit and theyre jacked

i wish i was a gorilla

Gorillas cantt DEADLIFT much, because their upper legs are very short (and thus also the muscles).

How far off the ground are a gorilla's knuckles when standing upright? Like a couple of inches at most.
Do they even have the ROM to deadlift?

Don't give up hope user, a gorilla's dick is like 2 inches so you're already halfway there :)

kecc

In all seriousness, I would estimate that gorilla's top lifts to be:
deadlift = 3,000 lbs
squat = 3,500 lbs
bench = 3,000 lbs
ohp = 2,000
weighted chin/pull-up = 1,500 lbs
one-arm weighted pull-up = 500 lbs
consecutive, strict bodyweight pull-ups = 300

Also, his grip strength is unfathomable. He could literally rip your arm off and run away with it. I would put his static bar hang at 6-8 hours. Hanging rest (alternating which arm to hang from while the other recovers) might be as long as 12-16 hours.

this

are you fucking retarded?! what are you even sayin?

This people underestimate how strong gorillas are. Even female gorillas completely mog any adult human male outside the extremely exceptional.

Actually your problem is that you understand only basic mechanics.

In metric (which the whole world uses because it's logical) mass is a unit of force.

In imperial (used only by backwater inbreeding countries) mass is a unit of weight.

Attached: 1447341495279.jpg (467x700, 95K)

i went to a zoo where they had a lat puldown that went to 100kg and it said gorillas can pull down 10x the maximum stack ie 1000kg. however i am led to believe their glutes are weak in comparison, although probably still vastly stronger than humans'.

50 buckets of chicken and a grape drank

Attached: 1325020825733.jpg (596x381, 35K)

how do gorrilas build muscle if they are vegan ?

They aren't.

Attached: yikes.jpg (1150x720, 163K)

Jungle roids

by eating about 18kg of food a day, even when eating plants that comes down to 500 protein grams a day

Attached: 1519844021864.png (602x913, 305K)

They eat bugs

he physically cannot deadlift his arms go below his legs somebody draw a diagram demonstrating this

1inch deadlift

Attached: 8802f104b1bf340fcfa94f4b84565114.jpg (1345x2191, 815K)

looking DYEL

Bet he could fuck you up.

Attached: 1518070629444.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

im 6'6' gorillas are manlets

Also, I was trying to emphasize just what it means to have a grip that strong. I would imagine their grip being similar to a large dog's bite grip (without the teeth, of course). So, just imagine a huge gorilla hand grabbing your forearm and it feels like a large dog is biting you with rubber teeth. Ripping your arm completely of our your shoulder socket is like a warm up set for the gorilla. His working set would be to then drag your half-dead body up a tree with one hand. Fuck I'm hard.

Attached: lol.jpg (259x195, 8K)

He could probably power clean the world deadlift record for reps.

Could this guy + pumped full of steroids beat a silver back?

Attached: 1528584084071.jpg (960x870, 116K)

what he said, no human body would withstand the grip of a silverback, the rest is just an unnecessary excess. Not to mention that gorillas have teeth like fucking jaguars

They can't do half the things you mentioned. Yes they are incredibly strong, but no it can't rip your arms off. Teams of horses were used to do that and it wouldn't always work. A horse is larger and stronger also.

A gorilla isn't benching 6-7 times its body weight and doing pull ups at 3-4 times its body weight.

If by ripping out of the socket you mean dislocating and permanently fucking it up, yes. If you mean literally ripping it out of your body you are delusional. Executions with teams of horses were needed to literally rip limbs off. Horses are bigger and stronger and they had to use teams of them.

>Mass is a unit of force
What the fuck are you even saying for fucks sake.
Mass isnt a unit, is a caracteristic.
How in the fuck can mass be a unit of anything?
Are you unironically retarded?
Jesus christ Jow Forums might be the most brainlet board in this site.

Attached: 1520980160613.jpg (209x241, 8K)

A horse pulls only in one direction. A gorilla is much smarter than a fucking horse.

basically if you can bench 3pl8 and only squat 1pl8, you are a gorilla

Attached: 1522625019663s.jpg (250x186, 8K)

less myostatin than humans, so they build more muscle by default.

>mass is a unit of force

Jesus fucking christ stick to lifting

This. People like to say all sorts of bullshit about gorillas. They are indeed very strong, but they're far from what people make them out to be. Even if they were that strong, they're still very passive and their fights more about intimidation.

checked

impressive digits right there

gorilla brains require magnitudes less protein than human brain. the human brain is really pathetically ineffective when it comes to managing fuel, if you will, whereas gorillas have comparatively nothing at all to feed up there. that & they eat fucktons of plant. the funny bit is that they’re not even vegan, though, they’ve been recorded killing & eating other smaller animals desu

Checked

Planet of the apes

It's simple physics. Weight/force(N)=mass(KG)*gravity(G)

A horse cannot rip and tear in a twisting motion and typically cannot start and stop and alternate force. A horse just starts pulling and continues to pull in a set direction with a set force.

A big gorilla could definitely pull your arm out of its socket and tear the remaining flesh and muscle away from the bone.

Yeah but we're not really talking about what they 'do' do. We're talking about what they 'can' do.

Their strength potential is huge and, if they were so inclined, they could tear a grown man to pieces without much hassle.

Have you seem them fight each other? How much force they slam each other with and how little it seems to effect them?
Imagine being charged at by a gorilla weighing more than the heaviest Rugby player ever, with a head full of giant teeth set in massive jaws and arms attached to a back with enough strength to swing all of the above around effortlessly in a tree... You're dead.

19.5pl8 diddlylift

Aint nothing but a peanut

LOL
it is:
force(N)=mass(KG)*acceleration(m/s^2)

they probably mean around 4500N.
They use kg to describe forces because most humans wouldnt understand/can´t imagine what 4500N is.
So they use 450kg, because lifting up 450kg on earth recquires around 4500N.

The SI unit of mass is kg, gravity is an acceleration (9,81 m/s^2).
Force is measured in Newtons

t. Physics undergraduate

If you'd give gorilla roid he could didly 3k, maybe 3,5
No way in hell he could squat 3,5k with dem midget legs
Also their movements involves lot of pulling, rather the pushing, so I doubt that bench and ohp too

Idea: compose a rowing team made up completely out of trained gorillas

drowned

what would happen if you gave a silverback books? would he be super smart AND strong?

How much could an elephant lift?

Attached: 79B76EFA-9AE2-44DC-A504-6EC9D471158B.jpg (640x960, 87K)

You pedantic fuck you know what that means

what's your bite & lift 1rm Jow Forums?

He'd probably break his back from not being used to complete upright standing

Ironic to call others inbred when you post shit like this.
Stick to picking up heavy objects and putting them down.

Mom says it's my turn on the Xbox

What part of "team" of horse do you idiots not get? As a method of execution (mainly for traitors), they would tie a rope to each arm and leg and have at least 4 horse pull the limbs apart. Two horse pulling in opposite directions put immensely more stress and force on a limb than a gorilla using just it's arms.

Given enough time yes it could tear off an arms, but with enough time I could tear off a gorillas arm assuming it was incapacitated already. They can't just grab you and start ripping shit off.

Exactly. People try to act that they have a human brain and reasoning and envision what they would do if they were that strong (which is usually based on false estimates anyhow).

quints of correctness
i always say that strong men like eddie hall are a good gauge for gorilla strength
sure they could probably bench upwards of 300 kg but they have short legs

For its size, it’s weak af