DRY FAST EDITION

DRY FAST EDITION
-youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/81/1/69/4607679
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here (youtu.be/1onQ0nxgWFM) [Open], tastes much better.
Old snake juice recipe (youtu.be/2vz_U8kxDlg [Open])
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink ?
Tea is fine, though artificial sweeteners may cause insulin spikes.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Attached: Don'tNeedWater.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>OP doesn't talk about super snake juice

Make it again, sage.

Pissposters are anti-fasting shills trying to make fasting look like it's fringe, making it more inaccessible to more people.

Attached: fasting.jpg (862x3832, 836K)

Quick gimme your best tips for the first few days.

I did not hit 50 lbs in 2 months, this week has been fucking weird. But this is still great, in 2 months I've come to weigh less than I have my whole adult life.

Attached: 2mos weightloss.png (2200x3400, 1.94M)

and the usual graph.
I will take a week or two off, when I get below 300

Attached: 2mos graph.jpg (1964x786, 97K)

Honestly it's just about waiting and having patience. The hunger comes in waves so you just have to drink some water and wait for it to go away again. Then be patient and don't count hours, that will drive you nuts. Just accept that you will feel hungry sometimes and that's okay. It will go away.

drinking black coffee can sate your hunger

Just kicked off my fast with 48 hours dry. Broke it with a cup of water. Going to be dry again until tomorrow morning, and then I'll start on the snake juice.

Aiming for a fast of Biblical proportions (40 days, 40 nights), or until I can clearly see abs. Whichever comes first.

Tobacco can also sate hunger. You going to recommend that, too, weakling?

keep it up bro, i wish i could do that but i have a workout military buddy and we workout 7 days a week, i cant not eat

tough it out.

Nicotine, not tobacco. Nicotine is non-carcinogenic.

/nolift/ and fatass here, I'm about 30ish hours into my first snake juice fast and it just occurred to me, what's gonna happen with all the loose flabby skin? I'm starting at 281.4lb @ 5'8" and I'm trying to drop down to 150lb as my goal. Should I even worry about something like that unless I'm like 400 pounds? Could I just build muscle when I'm able to start doing more than a single pushup and make it less noticeable?

Attached: future - stick talk.jpg (554x397, 125K)

I've done 5 day fasts working out everyday for an hour and a half. Won't kill you unless you do excessive amounts of cardio.

Wait, you're supposed to eat at your usual caloric intake while fasting? Like. let's say my maintenance is 2k and I'm eating at -400 deficit. Should I have a single 1600cal meal if I'm doing OMAD?

>mentioning tea but not black coffee
[Open]
>no /fast/ in the subject header
>not even a # for the general
this general sucks can we have another please

Attached: 1528437339940.png (221x221, 56K)

yeah sure , also meth and cocaine .
careful tho they might be addictive , lol

pic unrelated : you might not like it but this alcoholic is at peak masculinity

Attached: bbb.jpg (455x683, 81K)

black coffee is for hipsters

Black coffee has calories

What's the best way to break a dry fast? Lemon water? Apple cider vinegar? Just water?

>broke fast today
>went hard on an omelet with potatoes, toast with jam and tea
>also had a bit of a hot dog with salmon creme cheese, bacon and grilled onions
>girlfriend wanted Froyo, so I got a cup of that too

All in all, I didn't stay keto but I didn't eat more than 1500 calories all day. Felt glorious, but I am back to fasting tomorrow. I did take a horrendous shit too. Like spewing black mud with the force of a thousand suns.

Attached: ultimate shitting technique.jpg (416x317, 15K)

it happens to me whenever i refeed. I take the weirdest shits.

Bakeeen Soooooda.

Fuakin baken suooooooooda

Started a fast last night, 13 hours in so far. Yesterday I had a very active day and today I am sore as fuck. Will this go away or should I eat a high protein meal to recover and start my fast from a more recovered state? I don't think I will be able to handle the hunger and sore muscles simultaneously.

Do you, mang. You can grit through this, but if you would feel better eating a meal now and fasting after you recover, then go for it.

It'll go away. Might even go away quickly since fasting gets rid of inflammation.

I’ve been doing an IF schedule the past few weeks. A simple 18/6 split with a few 24hr fasts sprinkled throughout. I started eating at 2 pm and to put it simply, completely fucking blown it today. Ate a lot of food because family visited.I stopped eating at 9pm today. Did I just blow a weeks worth of work? That possible? Because I feel like I have

Nah, you're fine. Just go back to your eating routine. Maybe do some cardio tomorrow morning.

IF is pretty forgiving. As long as you have a decent fasting window tomorrow you're fine. You might slow down your progress a tad but you'll be back on track by the next day. Don't worry about an occasional day where you have to go off the IF plan for social reasons, it happens.

Ok. The cardio sounds like a good idea

Thanks, user

Why is it so fucking hard to sleep on a fast? I woke up at 6AM and now it's past midnight and I still can't sleep.

Hey fat fuck, you're bot doing the "fat people are retarded" meme any help by posting a timeline of 60% empty data. Sort yourself the fuck out it isn't 2019.

According to that sleep expert Rogan interviewed, it has to do with your body thinking that you are out of food stores and helping to keep you awake o that you can spend time foraging/hunting.

first dubs best dubs, how will pissposters ever recover?

Fasting increases adrenaline. The theory is that it's a survival mechanism to get us up and moving so we're out foraging and hunting if we haven't eaten in a while.

you don't need to eat to recover. I workout through my 3-5 day fasts

Literally nearly 4 straight days of fasting and I'm still not in ketosis. What the fuck is wrong with my body?

won't feasting at intervals, say once every 4-7 days, stop your metabolism from slowing down?

I'm on day 5 of my fast. How bad would it be to eat some broccoli?

I'll make the next one. these cunts always fuck up

you fellas need to eat 12 cream crackers before you pounce on whatever junk food is in sight. your bowel movements will be better than ever. not even memeing

Not a scientist, but I'd say so.

Every time I think I want to eat I will just imagine all the rejection throughout my life.
Surely this will work.

You'll have more loose skin if you prolong your fatness. Just lose the weight and worry about that later. Would you rather be fat and die or be healthy and have some loose skin? You can always dry fast and let the autophagy take care of it.

Alright nigs. So what I gather the best way to break a dry fast is to drink a fuckton of coconut water and follow that up with baking soda and cream of tartar water. Then lemon juice + ACV.

Am I getting this right or will this make mustard gas?

I startet intermittent fasting few weeks ago (been kinda cheating till recently) , and im having great weight loss results, ive started around ~102 kg (224 lb) and now week/2weeks later im 99,0 kg (218 lb). Im eating same breakfast every day, 3 pieces of sieve bread with 3 hard boiled eggs and some butter, and the second (last) meal is pretty regular for eastern europe standards. I fast probably for around 19-20hrs a day.
The weird thing is I dont feel hunger pretty much at all, and i wonder if its possible for my case to enter ketosis in the fasting period?
Also if im doing something wrong, please point it out

>sieve bread
the fuck is that

yeah i thought it might be a problem with translation. its darker kind of bread, thats made with rye flour thats being sift before the baking process. Just a darker kind of bread.

mm sounds good. havent eaten in six days lol

damn, what are benefits of that? Are you a fat fuck like me?

fasting rips a kilo off your body every day, and an inch off your waistline every 2 or 3 days. Nothing else on earth gets you that kind of results so quickly.

it rips like 300 grams of body from me,
but yeah results are amazing so far, i think
this may be the time i finally cut and complete the
reduction.

10 days here
what I miss the most is taking a big ass turd after a long day

Bros, what is the best meal to get all my macro and micronutrients before going on an extended snake fast?

Attached: 2DCE2234-8CD6-467A-85CB-EC8E59EC954A.gif (400x300, 1.5M)

What are you doin? Water only?

Is fasting a meme if you’re not a fatass

To people who take supplements, during a prolonged water fast, do you stop taking them?

>tfw lose 80lb and find out I have a big dick

Thanks Cole.

If you fast you're a fat retard

you probably do a brosplit too huh?
Chasing those aesthethics lil' buddy?

Stay busy. Play a video game.

my nigga.
Im doing it too to prove a point too as well as my wellness and as soon as I hit my weight im calling everyone whos ever messed with me while I was fat a fatass and im going to rub it in, and im going to be obnoxious and pompous about it.

this guy - I did eat in the afternoon and now I feel way better mentally and physically and much better prepared to fast. I think if I had continued I would have fucking caved.

Anyone here with psoriasis? Did fasting have an effect? like everyone else, my goal is to drop some weight but I'm going to be taking note on how my other problems react to a fast.

Can I take modafinil while fasting?

i dont usually have a set meal but whenever from the 5-6 long term fasts (more than 2-3 weeks) i've done, i usually have a day of eating what i want (e.g. steak/lamb chops etc and load up on as many veggies/fruits as i can stomach to end the day.

I mean, if you're not going to eat for 2-3 weeks, might aswell treat yourself (within limits, dont be a fatass about it)

Well, I've lost 80 pounds through water fasting thus far and no sign of excess skin.

yes, but never two days in a row.

>snake juice
>extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
Is this only if you don't exercise while fasting? I start getting headaches right after the second day.

So what effect does this have long term?

>that sleep expert Rogan interviewed
I watched that one too, blew my mind. I'm curious, does sleeping less while fasting count as lost sleep with all those negative effects, or does your body just need less resting?

>headaches
That's what the snake juice is for

I know, that wasn't my question. The sticky implies you only need it for fasting longer than 4 days. Is this only if you won't be doing exercise? Because my headaches start right after 48 hours.

does the snake juice recipe with baking soda pose any problem for teeth enamel?

i know they advise against apple cider vinegar in the regular juice because it will destroy enamel; does baking soda do anything to the water that causes tooth damage?

Yes, if you exercise more you use more energy and sweat more, draining more electrolytes.
If you're active you should drink snake juice sooner.

Most likely you lost electrolytes via sweating.
Take the snek joos friend.

yea but does it have enough to spike your insulin?

>if i didnt break my fast I would have broken my fast
cool story bro.

How much is too much protein in one sitting?
What if I'm doing 20h fast 4 hours eating, can my body absorb 150g of protein in that period?

I'm stuck living at my in-laws and holy fuck it feels like they are doing their damndest to knock me off the wagon. Father-in-law cooked a bunch of bacon this morning so I'm hiding in the bedroom. I'm 106 hours in, and I'm definitely gonna ride it out this time because my buddy who's pursuing his doctorate in sports science and nutrition already took before picture and measurement to document my fast for a paper. The pressure helps.

Might as well ask in here.

I'm doing IF 16/8 with roughly a 600 deficit of my TDEE and apart from missing maybe one day a week on which I don't go too crazy above or below it is going well and I was planning to do this for 8weeks in total or loosing around 5-6pounds.

The only problem I have is that I feel very skinny already during the fast and the empty stomach and I am worried that my lifts might go down significantly.

Are there any guys here who can reassure me that I will not loose too much muscle mass in this two month period if I keep the protein intake up and lift regularly? Or do I just have to live with the fact that I will have to start from where I was last year ago with the lifts at the end of the fast/diet?

Thanks in advance guys.

Attached: 5296_db7e_500.png (500x375, 335K)

How long do you intend your fast to be?

I think that posting a whole timeline tha t goes to 2019 can be motivational. That makes him think far into the future and his mind is programmed to think this as a marathon instead of a sprint.

good shit man keep posting these

You'll only lose muscle mass if you have a very low bf%.
Otherwise you'll be fine a long s you eat enough protein during your eating period

I'm doing my first multi-day fast right now. Started on Friday, and planned on going until next Friday.

However, there's going to be a corporate event at my company on Thursday (bbq is being catered) and I don't want to fast that day so I don't look awkward around all my co-workers.

How should I ease into eating either Wednesday night or Thursday morning, so the heavy foods on Thursday don't fuck me up?

>fast 8 days doing nothing but stationary bike
>Squat goes half plate down
>leg press goes one plate up

Other than that my lifts stayed the same

Attached: 1497305583337.png (244x252, 86K)

i've done a few 7 day fasts and broke it by eating normal foods, just whatever I felt like at the time and was totally fine. if you want to be safe just eat a small normal meal on wednesday night

what happens if you take modafinil two days in a row?

This always happens, although it's usually your own family that tries to undermine you rather than in-laws (which should be easier to ignore).

The reason for family doing it is usually crab mentality, usually because they are fat themselves.

I would take your father-in-law to one side and make sure he understands this is not a matter of hospitality or whatever bullshit, but that you are fasting for your own health reasons and as part of your friends medical study and not to offer you food or whatever.

The man (unless he's a complete wimp under the thumb of his wife), will accept your reasons and not repeat. The women usually won't, because they are cunts that way.

don't do this it makes mustard gas

Should I keep lifting whilst I fast for 7 days guys?

at what bf% should i tone done the prolonged fasting? i am probably at 13% now after 2 times OMAW

How safe is it to do a 7 day fast as a beginner?

yes, your max numbers will go down but you're lifting for the sake of it on a fast, not for making gains
stop fasting and switch to OMAD + ramp up your calorie expenditure once you go sub 12%, hell, even single digits.
very safe, just drink snekjoos and be prepared to feel like total shit and weak as fuck. The fat will melt off rapidly though.

how much should i set my calories at on omad? 500-1000? or at what kind of deficit should i eat?

This first part in aiming for 4 weeks before a refeed, but I'll be happy with a meal at 2 if I have to, then right back into it. Keeping at a similar pattern until I hit 235.

Attached: Screenshot_20180610-075955.png (1080x1920, 174K)

why would the body take only from the fat stores while being on empty stomach for 16hours of the day?

Attached: 12604804_10205907664793070_3143804435516254614_o.jpg (661x960, 77K)

It's not intentional, it just feels like that because I'm hangry. My mom is the one that intentionally tries to break me if we visit with the kids.

Is snake juice necessary? Where do I get it from?