225 bench

What program got you to reach 225 bench ?

Currently I'm on starting strength eat my 30 raw eggs a day and wondering what program you guys did to get to 225 bench

my genetics are pretty average if I had to pick good or bad I'll pick slightly under since I ate in a surplus my whole life and was weak to skinny people

I feel I'm gonna stall out around 200lbs and prb jump on 5/3/1 or a bodybuilding specific program because honestly Isolation movements are fun

And if your asking why I care because imo once u can bench 225 imo you can start to tell you lift

Attached: IMG_3700.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

just like
eat right
sleep well
and bench often

shit nigger, it's just 2plt

No shit it just that everyone I ask irl says they hoped on another program from 3x5 before hitting 2plt. I have free time and thinking if I should spend that time looking for a program rn

I did SL5x5 til my work schedule changed, then I just split from doing FB to U/L split. been doing that since. at the time of changing to split, I benched 185x1. probably like 4-5 months after that I did 225x1. now 225 is repping weight, a year later

just fucking eat, sleep, and lift. it either happens eventually, or you aren't eating right, sleeping right, or aren't working out enough/in the right manor. programs and routines are a meme for the most part. just lift shit, you ain't going to win no gold medals in the Olympics son. it don't matter what you do so long as you do something

i reached 2pl8 bench at

yes. 3x5 is retarded do more volume or frequency. mark rippetoe is a total fag

I got to a 225 bench using 3x5. Just lift weights and increase them.

2x10 is how I recently beat a plateau, tho it was past 225. Should be a good change up from 3x5

This basically.

But if you weigh less than 170 and trying to hit 260lb+, best of luck to you.

180lbs bw and 315 bench took 2 years. 1 year of bodybuilding and 1 year of strength training on the smolov program, definitely achievable.

See I had been out of the gym a long ass time because of my lame ass marriage and subsequent divorce. But I started lifting again nearly 3 months ago. All my lifts are going up and I feel a hell of a lot stronger. But my bench has not changed at all. I'm literally benching the same as the day I started and I don't know what the problem is.

My bench max is two plates without even training and I'm 19.
>/Fitlets/

First i did reg parkĀ“s routine , then i went to bill starr after some serious stalls and i eventually reached 2pl8
Also why the fuck are you eating 30 eggs a day

same here brah

i'm at 345lb right now., can rep 315.. honestly could prollly hit 350 and i'm 190lb

fuck you guys and your leverages and shit I weigh 170 and I rep 1 pl8

>What program got you to reach 225 bench ?
More volume than SS.

Also, depends on your bodyweight, of course.

I got my bench to 2pl8 for 5's with Candito's 6 week intermediate program in maybe 6 months, I was stalling hard at 80-85 as a 6'3 skeleton with extremely long arms.

i do a 531 variant for compounds, its braindead progression and ive made huge weight gains on it

Volume and frequency. Trained bench press every other day, doing 4 sets of 5 reps, obviously not counting warm-up sets. If I failed any given set, I'd do at least 1 more set until I'd surpassed the volume of the previous session. While the 4x5 scheme isn't a whole lot of volume on its own, the frequency is what made 225 (and beyond that) easily attainable for me.

shit ton of push ups, and weighted push ups
cause im a former fat ass building strength witth push ups was easy

Bench 2-3 times a week with one session focusing on pause bench (I'm running 5/3/1 and pause benching after overhead pressing). I have an unbelievably poverty bench compared to my other lifts, but that's helped me recently go on a run. Speed bench is also good.

>What program got you to reach 225 bench
5/3/1 for 3 months, starting from never having access to any kind of bench.

literally fucking around at the gym..

it's only above 3 plates that you actually have to program to achieve.

There is russian program "how to bench 100 kg", it's not percent driven and has shit load of volume

A
Bench press 5x5
OHP 3x5
Squat
Pull ups

B
Bench press 5x6
Dips/weighted dips 3x8

C
Bench press 5x8
OHP 3x5
Squat or deadlift
Pull ups

AxBxCxx

Got stuck at 90kg. Did Greg Nuckols 3 day int med bench program to get there in a few months. I have shitty genetics too btw. Probably gonna take me 10 years to get to 3 plates.

I'm following the progress/set/rep scheme of this program and it's working nicely

Attached: program.png (800x3700, 1.32M)

Looks like interesting program, how's it going for you, user?