How the hell do you actually hook-grip?

How the hell do you actually hook-grip?

I have manlet tiny hands, hook-griping seems impossible?

Attached: hook-grip-cover.jpg (468x351, 61K)

Is hook gripping like throwing retard punches? I always thought it just meant overhand gripping the bar really tightly like an avaricious hook nosed Jew gripping a penny lol

overhand grip with thumb inside your 4 other fingers instead of outside

hurts like a mutha fker

Are there any benefits compared to just gripping?

Yes

It's about as strong as mixed grip without the potential asymmetry. Downside is it hurts like hell and can lead to loss of feeling in the thumbs. There's also the odd horror story of it tearing thumbnails out but I dunno how legit those are.

only necessary to hook grip when you're lifting elite numbers so who cares?

most of us lift elite numbers bro

What are elite numbers? I’m pulling 225 atm

its stronger than normal double overhand, and arguably stronger than mixed grip. It also prevents assymetry caused by mixed grip.

The youtuber Dr Deadlift pulled 900lbs deadlift using hook grip, so it obviously works for grip

Ok but for grip strength gains, would continuing with double overhand be better or learning hooked grip?

Double overhand works more raw grip strength than hook

Hook is just a technique to lower the grip standards, not gain raw grip strength

Just use straps

Im not lifting for purely just size/aesthetics.

I actually care about my pure raw strength, I dont just want to strap up for everything.

Cheers dude. I'll continue being an unimpressive faggot then for those chimp forarms

Is there really anything wrong with just using a mixed-grip?

You’ll tear your biceps

I recently started working on grip too, what personally worked for me wasn't gripping a normal bar with heavy weights

What worked was using Fat Gripz, they exploded my grip strength and forearm size, add them on everything, farmer walks, rows, etc.

Hook grip master race desu. Used to mix but found I was twisting to the left a lot. Hook grip doesn't hurt after you do it for a couple of weeks. In my opinion just start using it now, once you get used to it you'll never go back.

Oh and also I have small tiny mallet hands too and it works perfectly fine for me. my index and middle finger will wrap around the thumb. So don't worry about needing large hands to do it. I'm fucking 5'3

How do you handle all the manlet hate posted here?

you know professional movers use straps to move heavy shit right
when will you ever find a 700 pound object shaped like a barbell?

Just accept it for what it is. I'm fucking small and unfortunately I can't change that. I've got a deep voice a beautiful beard and I make pretty decent gains so I'm not too stressed :) although if someone put a button in front of me and said that if I push it I'll be an average height of fucking press it ahah.

Every time I deadlift

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah yeah bro your 3.5plate deadlift sure is elite! Move over Eddie Hall this user is an elite lifter hiding out on Jow Forums just waiting for his big break. Rippletits would be proud.

Weakposting

ok hubby don't strain yourself

Hook grip should be used when you can lift more weight than you can hold, the idea behind it to take out the grip factor out of the ecuation so when you reach that point you should incorporate grip training in your routine

try 600-700 start

>I have manlet tiny hands, hook-griping seems impossible?
lol. never gonna learn