QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Attached: 1512131626182.jpg (388x445, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/fuckarounditis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dips put a lot of strain on your shoulders, especially if you're doing them weighted.
I would give them a rest while your shoulder is injured

Is it alright for a man to have a selfie for a normiebook profile pic?
What if it is my best looking picture?
It's just me in a blank ass room, white walls behind

do i really need to consume 190g of protein on a cut if i am DYEL mode. I find myself eating alot of dairy and consuming whey more than I want to and I want to cut back on both

my daily calories are 2250 and I am losing
0.5-1.5 pounds a week

if you are ripped or you can seem ripped with the right lighting take a beach picture or a very tight shirt prof pic

On a 500 kcal deficit, how much weight should you be losing per week

google isn't fucking helping at all, just showing meme stuff like TDEE calculators

What are some beginner/intermediate routines that focus more on lower body?

Attached: 1503682737241.jpg (945x1500, 154K)

should be 1lbs a week

probably not. It's said you need 1.5g protein per lb, but it should 1.5g per lbs of LEAN body mass, not your whole bodyweight.
also, you will still lose way more fat than muscle even if you neglect your macros if you're at a high bf %

>Try running
>Goal is a 3k but I can only go half a mile without stopping

JUST

Fuck me man the girl I am cracking on can run 4 miles straight. How long will it take if I bust my ass everyday to get at least to 5k?

Attached: 652F050A-9736-4943-8915-C7AA82682DEB.png (400x400, 216K)

Do HIIT.

To build endurance?

Will sitting in a sauna help me cut?

thanks
according to google thats 0.450kg and I'vee been losing 0.3kg-0.4kg per week while eating out most of the time so it seems I've somewhat found my TDEE and that I'm god like at estimating stuff after tracking everything for almost a year

give C25k a go

how important is a structured routine vs just going and lifting for 2 hours?

i just wanna go and pick things up until i cant any more

Reposting since the old thread died.

How long does it take to learn to accurately judge RPE without a coach? In another thread, someone recommended "the bridge" as an alternative to the Texas method. Seems like I might waste a lot of time and lose some gains if I fuck around with trying to measure how I feel.

Is cutting/bulking a meme?

can almost guarantee you'll have better gains with a routine.
bollocking about in the gym for 2 hours doing whatever takes your fancy sounds like a good way to get muscle imbalances

not a meme, far quicker than recomping. and how else do you expect to build muscle without bulking?

just have to do it slow

250kcal surplus/deficit, depending on your goal, is the best.

That’s what I am doing now

It suggests I’ll be able to do a 5k in 2 months if I stick with it. I wonder if that’s even possible, but I am not doing it every other day like the program suggests I am running every day.

i'd recommend giving yourself at least 1 rest day a week

since refeed days are a meme outside psychologic sanity, for how long should you eat at maintenance/refeed for to get your hormones like testosterone and leptin to normal levels? a month?

Alright sounds good

I just don’t want to be lazy

What is considered "going heavy?" 80% or more of your 1rm? A 5 rep max?

How retarded is going to the gym every other day full body every time. That's the big 5 compounds and accessories every time? Is every other day enough to do a split without losing out on efficiency?

If you're a beginner, maybe. However, you will not be able to keep up deadlifting as much as you are benching, it is not optimal at all.

How straight should the body be during a pullup? I can't seem to progress in pullups. I can do about 6 from a dead hang. Originally, I could do sets of 8 or 9, but after gaining about 15 lbs I can only do about 6, so I guess I am stronger now, but seem to be stuck here.

Should I try to stay underneath the bar in a line? This feels much harder to do....versus the way that I am doing pullups now, where my upper body is sort of at an angle.

>pic related

Attached: Untitled.png (956x636, 18K)

Would a body recomp be a good idea for someone who's just started lifting and is skinny fat? Instead of cutting or bulking? I'm 5'8 160lbs

Attached: 1527529341674.png (846x651, 322K)

you'll lose water weight.
cutting weight? yes
cutting fat? no/negligible

leangains.com/fuckarounditis/

>have back pain
>do deadlifts
>back pain is gone

what's going on here?

/fat/ty here.

For lifting while trying to lose weight, is it better to do more reps with less weight, or less reps with more weight?

How much do you reduce volume by on a cut? I'm trying not to reduce weight but would 2x5 at 5rm be enough to maintain?

I have a hard time doing standing dumbell bicep workouts because I'm constantly activating my shoulders, but this doesn't happen when doing the same style workout in a seated position. How fix?

Yes, will keep you motivated. Check every a few weeks your BF% and consider 200kcal adjustment based your progress.

Both. Beginners need intensity for strength and volume for control.

Try preacher curls, lower weight

retract your scapula and keep your elbows by your side

Yes. Dont listen to anyone who says otherwise. If you are a new lifter dont worry about doing either, just lift heavy and eat a lot, you'll gain muscle and some slight bf but thats all normal when you are trying to build muscle. You dont need to commit to a bulk to do that. You dont want to worry about cutting until you have a significantly physique that would benefit from losing the excess fat and look aesthetic. You can worry about legitimately bulking and cutting once you are a seasoned lifter after 3+ years or so.

Because a new schedule at work and college I will only be able to go to the gym 3 days per week (Mon,Wed, and Friday) I been hearing that a full body workout is ideal for this cases

So does anybody have a template or a "program" I could follow?

alright looks like i need a routine, what's a good one for a 20 year old beginner who wants to be a firefighter? would that just be starting strength? id like something with farmers walks in it but i guess i can just throw those into anything

Should i leave my gf (that is for me more lika a bestfriend than a passionate girlfriend and is like 6/10) of 4 years that is really loving and carring about me, for the thots that mire and asking me out???

The temptation is real.

Attached: 1527624088405.jpg (630x631, 106K)

depends if you want kids. she sounds like good mother material

if you just want hedonism then obviously you should leave her

How do I convince myself to continue working out after a shitty meal? I always get into this headspace where I firmly believe that burning calories will have no effect, and that I just have to wait until tomorrow to 'try again.'
>Bonus question: How many calories does the average DDR song on Expert burn?

Attached: POWER STANCE.gif (354x313, 3.07M)

I want kids, but not now. I am 23, i can think about having kids around 29-30 when """"perhaps"""" i will be financially stable to have one.
But i am afraid i won't find a proper woman again to breed.
Should i just cheat? Is that the ultimate redpill?

Attached: 1523899898559.jpg (335x333, 28K)

i have the same issue, but the thing is she has a tendency to argue a lot about stupid bullshit which has been grinding my gears lately (gf for over a year, 6/10, when not arguing is really attached to me).

I want a hot girl that's not arugmentative, is that too much to ask?

Strong lifts 5x5 focus on squats everyworkout so thats probably perfect for you

Just don’t have the shitty meal

this is why the west is dying

God dammit it's always the obvious answer

Don’t reduce volume until you start to notice changes in strength and or capacity to finish the workout.

I feel you bro. It seems like our path is a dark one. Do you love her?

I was recently shown that my EKG was not good, something about arrythmia
Should I abstain from lifting until i get this shit sorted out further? Lifting's not too heavy on the heart though right?

>is short term degenerate hedonism the ultimate redpill

die liberal

this isn't even a question but just wanted to say mom mires are the best. They're honest, encouraging and non objectifying.

I was doing work and my mom came in to grab some laundry, I told her my shirt was dirty and handed it to her and she said "wow user, I know you work out alot but I can see it really paying off". Made my day.

you should leave her because you're a piece of shit and she deserves better

If you’ve gained 15 lbs and can’t do more pull-ups than you could before then you’ve seriously bee in neglecting your back training (or you’ve just gained fat).

But to answer your question you should be more straight and engage your lats throughout. Leaning uses more cheat, shoulders and biceps and by the sounds of it it is your lats that are seriously lagging.

Well, we have more freedom to choose with whom and when we will be together with.
Did you have 3 children by the age of 25?

Ask your doctor.

But in my non medically educated opinion, you’re fine as long as you stay away from maxes and failure.

At what point should I split? How much should I be able to lift before im out of the beginner rut?

Sometimes I feel like I do, when we do something together, like go to see the movies, walk in a park holding hands etc. But when I'm alone I start to doubt it and think, even fantasize about other girls.

Do you have something similar?

Hey Jow Forums. I take my motorcycle up on mountain runs, and am often out for many hours at a time. I am looking for some kind of protein bar to stuff in my backpack for those. I am looking for the highest possible calories and protein in something that won't melt, so chocolate anything is out.

Also, my shoulder has been sore for the last 3 days. Haven't done fuck all physically in about a week, so I don't know why it's hurting. Any ideas?

Yep. I've tried this too. Its your body channeling the spiritual energies through the deadlift ritual

My gym is pretty shitty and the only bench for barbell bench press is on an unlevel ground. I've hurt my arm and back due to this before and i dont think its a good way to proceed. What would be the best subsitution? Machine? Smith Machine? Dumbell? Some power rack fuckery?

What's the onionpill? I've been away for a few years and I'd like a source/info graphic.
I remember the Iranian study with raw onion juice tripling test -did some madman actually try it?

Attached: IMG_3236.jpg (900x675, 106K)

Still beginner doing LP programs for months, 115/145/225/295, plateauing often, already had to cut because gained considerable fat after first bulk.
Used to lift for strength, now for aesthetics, not egolifting but believe i won't achieve a good physique with such shitty lifts.

If i use belt/shoes, I'm assuming lift numbers would improve with better gear, which might carry over to more work capacity, but would be "easier" for my body, in conclusion, will investing in belt/shoes be translated in better/faster/easier gains or not?

Is HIIT recommended during a bulk or would it kill any kind of gains?

it only kills gains in the sense that it would raise your TDEE for that day. just eat more to compensate

IIRC cardio interferes with MPS which is why cardio is recommended to do on OFF days and to not over do it(it will also impact recovery if over done)

Should I intermittent fast on a cut or would it lead to muscle loss?

your family will know you only decided to have them because you realized that you were dying and it was time to settle down. They'll know you wasted your prime focusing on being a dick pig.

How does one go about using a power rack for BB Bench Press?

When should I stop 5x5 SL? My legs are having a really hard time recovering, but I just got my wife on it a month ago and don't want to ditch her.

S/B/D/OHP/Row 5x5s: 255/155/275/115/125

Making easy progress still everywhere else, almost fainted during squats today though

A few months ago, a guy hit me from behind at a stoplight because he was looking at his phone. He provided insurance to the cops on the scene, but I just found out the policy had expired years ago.

What's going to happen to him? My insurance is covering me, I'm just curious if he gets into additional trouble now or something.

How long have you been on it? If you feel you've outgrown it, you should switch to an intermediate program.

Also get your wife to do Strong Curves instead of SL, thank me later

My leg days don't have much direct glute work, squats, romanian DL, leg press, leg curls, calves. Should I add hip thrusts or is it unnecessary? Also do I have to say no homo first?

Why can’t I do push-ups a day after benching?

I’m tired of being weak as a big guy.

If I was a Manlet I wouldn’t feel so bad but I am 6’3” 240 lbs

I’m 49 lbs overweight and can’t do a single pull-up or push-up. How do I do those as soon as possible?

I'm starting crossfit to try and meet a gf
good/bad idea?

Attached: 1498281928406.jpg (820x1024, 91K)

Would training abs like this be sufficient?

6x week, at the end of every workout, One day doing 4x12 Cable Crunches, then 4xF Leg Raises, the other day 4x20 Decline Crunches, then 4xF Leg Raises.

I hate training abs, so I don't do it, and I already spend loads of time at the gym, so I don't want to spend much more, but the crunches would be done at the gym, and the leg raises at home, with a pullup bar.

>pushup
decline pushups on a chair or something (feet on ground, upper body raised so you're using less of your bodyweight) until you can do a bunch and switch to normal pushups

>pullups
negatives, jump up and then lower yourself slowly, do these until you can do a normal pullup

lifting volume is key to building mass so if you're going for visible abs then multiple times a week for high reps is the way to go
the workout doesn't really matter just activate them a lot consistently throughout the week

How much do I have to bench before I can suck start a shotgun for 1 rep?

Attached: IMG_6759.jpg (800x1000, 130K)

doing bodyweight rows or 'australian pullups' will help you toward doing a proper pullup as well

Can I start with boxing + running if I'm fatty without proper muscles or should I first build muscle and loose weight at gym and then switch to boxing?
Asking before going to boxing club to talk with the trainer.

If you're fat, you might want to think about a different form of cardio than running, as with it being a relatively high impact form of cardio, excess weight can place excess stress on the joints, and cause discomfort, if not injury. I'd recommend cycling or swimming.

Either way, to lose weight, you should focus on diet first, exercise second, but any form of exercise is as good as the other, provided you stick with it and go hard.

Just do a real program that fucking works instead of trying to make up some shit. How about that?

The body won't be straight up and down. The body will be centered under the bar.

Literally any beginner lifting routine. SS, SL, Greyskull, Reg Parks, Ice Cream Fitness, it does not fucking matter. Throw in conditioning and weighted carries however you like.

Different gym. Or bench in a cage.

Belt and shoes are a good investment for anybody that is interested in strength training as a long term hobby. However, they are like 2% of the equation, and you busting your ass and eating well is the other 98%. Neither shoes nor belt is going to make you look better.

IF is pretty muscle sparing.

Put bench in rack. Adjust catches to proper heights. Perform bench press. Are you retarded?

Yeah, driving without insurance is illegal.

Lose 49 lbs. Do pull-up and push-up negatives. Start lifting weights and doing lat pull downs and bench press immediately.

thoughts on a 1k calorie deficit?
I'm about 20% bf, at what point does your body start cutting muscle rather than fat in significant amounts?

If you want to look good, start lifting weights now. People that cut without lifting end up looking like complete shit. They look like skeletons that were dipped in molten ballistics gel. Then they try to "bulk", and freak out the second their bf% goes up, then they cut again. They spin their wheels like this for a couple cycles then give up.

Beginners that lift weights can increase their lean body mass even while losing weight. You will look infinitely better if you lift while cutting, and will not be super discouraged that you still look like shit after months of effort. If you lift while cutting, you will be well on your way to an aesthetic physique by the time you reach your goal weight.

Attached: rep ranges.png (807x662, 37K)

Well I was doing the standard leg/chest/back/shoulder days at much higher weights but my form degraded so I did SL to deload and work on form.

I'll check out Strong Curves, but she def just wants to do whatever I'm doing.

If I do 80kg on my first set of squats, 85kg on the second and 90 on the third, is that the same as doing 85kg for 3 sets?

I did squats yesterday and ran 1.5 miles and now I can barely walk. Will I be able to squat tomorrow ?

I’m doing Greyskull

Any suggestions on a routine that wouldn't get fucked by doing It every other day?

Worst Idea.

100% recommend Strong Curves, every girl I've shown it to has loved it

I think I'm not too fat for running but really want to start boxing. I'm worried because my muscles are weak so I can't do many push ups and so on and just want to know if it creates big barrier for starting with boxing. Hope that I can loose some fat by training boxing.

No study has been done on this. They're probably similar in training stimulus, since they are in the same rough range of %1RM.

Yes, my son. You may squat.

Yes. Generally, the best way to alleviate DOMS, is to reuse the muscle.

Regardless of how good you are at the start, say it takes you 6 months to lose the weight to a point where you'd say you're 'ready' to start boxing, would you rather start then, or already have 6 months experience boxing?

Either do full body or UxLxUxL. Any beginner routine would work fine. Most of them have squats programmed each training session, so skip the squats or take a light session every 3 or 4 sessions if you need to.