Yo - i am a 19yo strongman and powerlifter. I am pretty strong because of my diet...

yo - i am a 19yo strongman and powerlifter. I am pretty strong because of my diet. However i am concerned that it could be doing damage to my heart

I eat 4k-5k calorie surplus daily. I eat very clean. My diet consists of oats, eggs, milk, roasted chicken, wholemeal bread, nuts, fruits and vegetables. I do LOTS of cardio. I do an hour of boxing and swimming everyday. I do not smoke or drink.

I am just concerned that a major caloric intake might affect my heart in a bad way, even though i am eating nothing but good healthy food. Is this possible? I havent experienced anything unusual but i prioritise my health just as much as i do my strength so i would just like to know.. Any infomation will be aprecaited - thanks

pic related it me

Attached: hustle247nosleep.jpg (720x960, 59K)

From the information you've given, you're on track for great things.

If you are really concerned, talk to a doctor.

Consider reaching out to elder strongman and see how the twilight years of their life are going.

dyel fatso?

thanks man. I dont know any edler strongmen but ill search around on facebook or something and hit someone up cheers

Odd Haugen. He's a really nice guy.

if you're eating in a surplus and in anabolism, yes, it will increase risk for heart problems. you may not be exposed to deficiency based problems and what not, but by simply being in anabolism, induction of IGF-1 and cascading p53 increases cancer risks. there's always a tradeoff between theoretical life expectancy and being very strong/very large so as long as you're not a malnourished african, it just depends on how much of a risk you're willing to take.

what's your 1 rep max? you pinning?

Strongman here. Yeah, eating big will be hard on your heart. Try to get the good fats in there and try to limit the bad fats. Lots of fish, nuts, less butter and milk.

And also, yeah go to the doctor and do a blood test.

>My diet consists of oats, eggs, milk, roasted chicken, wholemeal bread, nuts, fruits and vegetables.
You'll be fine. Don't listen to the vegan retards here. They'll tell you that you will drop dead due to the cholesterol but that is bullshit.

Good work buddy.

>sat fats are bad
wrong, that's rancid omega-6 plant oils.

Ok tell that to my doctor and the rest of the internet.

Go to a doctor, don't ask us. But it shouldn't be a problem.

Post your number OP

Should be fine if you're not eating too much sugar amd vehetable oil. If you want to be really sure do a blood test for blood triglyceride level, LDL cholesterol particle size and LDL/HDL ratio.

Attached: 2869fc35a31c45d495ba2eb408493d98.jpg (1118x1536, 304K)

cholesterol is almost 100% based on how much cardio you do. Diet has very little impact on it.

If it's still high, given your cardio levels, you probably have an indication for statins. More people should be on statins. We should put statins in the water.

See your doctor and have the blood work done.

t. actually work in healthcare

How much do you weigh, and how much do you want to weigh? Your diet and exercise habits are extremely healthy, but being a certain weight (even if you are fit and muscular) is bad for your health over time - big bodies simply don't last as long.

Also, I hope you mean 4-5k total calories a day, not a 4-5k daily SURPLUS. That would be like 10lbs of weight gain a week, which is not healthy or sustainable. 4-5k a day total sounds reasonable for a big boy doing lots of work.

Absolute unit, I know jack shit about powerlifting but good luck OP

>More people should be on statins. We should put statins in the water.

So you want more people to die from ALS? You want people's muscles to waste away and get diabetes?

Statins are literal gains goblins.

And yet that guy actually studied that field and believes it to be a good alternative. Topkek m8

Contact your local strong man federation or whatever strong man club is closest to you.

I think you are fine though. You are huge. Mirin

>inconvenience to body builders that can be worked around by not drinking tap water
vs
>the fuck heug amounts of people with heart disease that cause healthcare costs to explode in the US due to high cholesterol b/c nobody exercises regularly except as a recreational activity.

Diamonds are straight-up murder on people if you want better heart health just have them take a daily baby aspirin

god i wish that were me

What user said.

Get your blood work done every 6 months.

NEW SUPERMONG???

a lot of food and weight aka stress on your body can make things worse
but hey, i'm no doctor
try to find a reputable one that knows his shit

B A S E D
A S E D
S E D
E D
D

It you

this guy is retarded. You look fucking amazing

w-will you be my daddy

Attached: 1527402137826.png (716x539, 377K)

Lmao kys twink op knows what he’s doing and I don’t say that much here

Just get your blood pressure checked. A fucking nursing student would probably be happy to practice on you. If it isn't high, and it really shouldn't be, you have nothing to concern yourself with.

Damn, dude. Excited to see what's in store for your future if you're already at this point at 19. Keep up the good work. You're on track for greatness.

See a doctor and explain your concerns. Get orders for bloodwork and a referral to a cardiologist so you can get an ECG, stress test, etc. to help ease your mind and keep an eye on your heart health.

Any time somebody says they "work in healthcare" without citing their actual title, I assume med tech or CNA until proven otherwise.

But I somewhat agree with you.

t. actually work in healthcare

Omfg you look great

so you're a medtec then?

it looks like the toys behind him are all ganging up and bitching about him

OP I wish I could help, but I'm just here to tell you that you're on the way to making it

For King and Country, you absolute sick cunt

Attached: 1526360709574.jpg (912x1362, 296K)

Lol, EMT in final year of nursing school. Not much better desu senpai

You are an inspiration to young thickboys like me trying to hit bear mode.
Keep it up.

Attached: EXTRA_THICC.gif (480x270, 2.24M)

It doesn't really matter what you're eating, if you make your body way way bigger than it's intended it will be bad for your heart. Even if you're a massive dude with loads of muscle, your heart still has to pump blood to all of that muscle and it wears itself out over time.

It's why insane powerlifters and people like Rich Piana are generally not healthy and prone to heart attacks.

You're extremely young so you can do this for 10+ years and then quit and be okay, but I wouldn't recommend you do it for your entire life.

US EMT or elsewhere? What's the education for an EMT?