Anyone here given up the Sugar Jew?

Any advice on how to combat the cravings?

Attached: 51mkDkAiERL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (323x499, 37K)

Eat natural sugars.

Change how you think about it too. For example: just think about the fact that antifreeze is very sweet, like everything with added sugar has been filled with antifreeze.

Not saying this is THE right thing to do, but it's the bad version of what might work for you. Remember, your new way of thinking about sugar has to be very visual, you need to be able to picture what you're avoiding or why very easily, and to have it be something that you would have a visceral disgust reaction to.

>Eat natural sugars.
I mean figure out how to enjoy the sweetness of an apple, orange, carrot, nectarine, etc. again. Processed sugar and artificial sweeteners have deadened our collective palate to what real sweetness is supposed to taste like.

>pure white and deadly
like society tbqh

Idk, I dont have candy, soda or icecream. Only once in a while. Never have cravings really. I just eat myself full enough on food,

Tasting sugar is like tasting recreational drugs. Once you get a taste you'll always know a better taste exists. You just have to ignore it and understand eating healthier is better for you in the long run. Whatever way you choose is up to you.

You can do it for a sense of superiority, sense of self-preservation, sense of wellness/health, etc.. Come up with your own and make it more personal and it will stick better

Don't get anything with sugar in the house. No sweets of any kind, no chocolate, no soda obviously. Just fruits, veggies, nuts etc.

Keep doing this for a few weeks and those cravings will have gone away.

it's pretty much an addiction and the first steps are the hardest.

>You can do it for a sense of superiority, sense of self-preservation, sense of wellness/health, etc.. Come up with your own and make it more personal and it will stick better

I agree with this, but none of that is as powerful as coming up with a good, strong, visual association for yourself, and no I don't think "you'll get fat" is good enough or it would work more.

Not saying it's bad and useless, but just not good enough to me. You don't want to approach sugar as in "this is unhealthy but a treat" or "this is something I can manage" but you want your reaction to be "this is POISON", "this is TOXIC".

Come up with what works for you like that.

aka sense of wellness/health

Nope. Too conceptual.

Imagine trying to fight off the meanest craving with "this will be slightly better for me if I don't indulge/I'll feel better if I don't".

It's not good enough, because it relies almost entirely on willpower, which is finite and fickle. You need more than willpower, you need to train a strong psychological aversion that requires little to no willpower to maintain.

But you're not fighting it off with "this will be slightly better", if you literally understand/believe that it's poison, you'll avoid it for the sense of wellness/health.

Your issue is you don't understand that it's poison yet because you need it drilled in your head more from different angles.

Anyone have thoughts on Mike Rashid? He loses his shit anytime anyone asks him about steroids on his IG lol. Is he our black Piano man?

Attached: mike-rashid-transformation.png (394x330, 192K)

I'm telling you that, while you're factually correct and I know you mean well, it does not make a difference.
You need to change your emotional state surrounding sugar, something very very difficult for fats who have had it and used it like a drug for much of their lives.

I'm not saying going on raw willpower is impossible, and I have the utmost respect for the Jow Forumsizens who've made it through raw will. That's insanely impressive. It doesn't work for most people though.

The "HAES" people, while wrong about almost everything, are correct when they talk about diets and the like not working because they rely almost entirely on willpower, and scientists are horrible at persuasion. Mainstream nutrition has not yet figured out how to change people's emotional states around food, and bombarding them with well-intended information doesn't help. Except for a few choice idiot lardasses, they KNOW cookies are bad, they KNOW sugar is bad, they KNOW they shouldn't order the Cinnastix with their pizza and 2L diet coke. That doesn't stop them from doing it though, because people are irrational and don't make decisions with their intellect, but with their emotions and then use their intellect to figure out why it's rational.

Also remember in our culture we have some of the best paid persuaders in the world working with the strongest memetic and broadcast technology in history to create a positive emotional bond between people and their corn-syrup delivery systems. Pointing to carrots and saying "these good, sugar bad, eat carrot" is no match for all but the natural chads and most wizardly of autists.

Rashid is not the black piano man. He doesn't have a fucking personality and is a fake natty

I haven't touched or tasted anything laced with sugar in 14 years. My husband is seizure prone, and he's been seizure free for 11 years ever since I put him on a modified keto diet.

The only significant carbs him and I get are from vegetables. The closest the kids get here at the house are apples, pears, strawberries, cantaloupe and watermelon that we grow here. The oldest has grown out of the sugar phase and gets made fun of at school because he doesnt eat birthday snacks or drink soda. He runs track and does gymnastics. The youngest drinks sodas at his friends house, and the girl is a little crack fiend gobbling up candy whenever she sees it.

Cool blog now tits or gtfo

Yeah, during my cut two months in, I had a cheat meal day and I ate a whole Lindt white chocolate bar and oh my god the high/rush I got was incredible. Since then I swear not to have those fuckers at home since I really crave it like a drug (recovering druggie, the crave is similar if not the same, at least for me)

Your emotional state is relative to you.

I've been fat most of my life and was raised fat by my nutritionally-retarded parents. I've been able to lose weight and avoid sugar. I'd still like to eat sugar, but I don't because reasons listed above. I think with enough conditioning I will reach a point where I'm very good at understanding how "poisonous" it is, but at the end of the day I'll still have memories of how good it tastes and how seemingly little of an effect it had on my body.

I think you're looking for an on/off switch when it comes to sugar cravings and you won't find it. You could attempt to traumatize yourself, but there's cures for psychological trauma as well.

I literally don't know - decided I'm not consuming it and it happened. Would never again drink sweat tea, love taste of bitter one

No you're still not fully understanding.

I think it's great that you made it, I really respect that. You are, however, a Jow Forums sperg and something about the people on this site draws them away from emotional reasoning and towards actual rational solutions.
That's my confirmation bias speaking, though, and yours probably too. We think we're rational but we're really not.
In any case, you can get an "on/off switch" for sugar cravings without being assraped by the Kool-Aid man. It takes some skill, but humans are reprogrammed by persuaders, propagandists, and marketers all the time. Even with your progress, having a strong psychological aversion to sugars would be beneficial as hell.

Tacky government agencies best attempt at something like this is probably the cancer warnings on cigarettes, in some countries with vivid imagery of blackened lungs and cancerous organs.

That was visual, and scary, so a decent attempt but I doubt it made a significant impact in public perception of smoking. Everyone already KNEW smoking causes your body to fall apart. More persuasive was (if you remember) the 'truth' campaigns.
They were ALL visual, and not just black-lungs visual. They framed "Big Tobacco" perfectly, holding their protests(ad shoots) outside these huge soulless skyscrapers with maybe outlines of shadowy executives looking down as baby dolls were strewn across the street to symbolize children supposedly killed by secondhand smoke. They combined this with the ads of a smoker puffing through his tracheotomy hole and robot voiceboxes, also super visual and vivid. If you ever saw the ad with the old smoker pulling through his neckhole in the bathroom mirror I bet you can remember that shot crystal clear today.

That type of work bent public sentiment against tobacco best.

So now we have a similar challenge against "Big Sugar", or maybe "Death-Food" (I like that one). We need to come up with and instill that kind of a visceral emotional reaction to death-food.

This is the one thing I’m absolutely literally addicted to

>Once you get a taste you'll always know a better taste exist
Sounds like someone who never beat an addiction. Not with that mindset.

Same. I don't even have to pretend as if it isn't a problem.

to OP - what helps me is fasting for 3 days or more. Break your fast with healthy food, and stay on track, cravings are mostly mental but also your gut bacteria. Starve them out. The second challenge is just habits, you might not be craving them but YOU will want to grab something sweet after eating or when you're bored for example.
Quitting cold turkey is all that has ever worked for me, you have to know yourself. SO the people telling you to eat natural sugars n shit might not even work. For me eating natural sugars is like a gateway to sweeter things. Stick to getting your nutrients from veggies. Eliminate anything that can trigger your sweet tooth, including any videos recommendation of sweets, facebook pages and whatever

What addiction have you beat?

So you're saying you think a big social revolution against sugar will make you so scared of sugar that you avoid it?

I'm detecting a little cognitive dissonance here, friendo.

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is you need to change people's emotional state surrounding sugar, and using tobacco as a roadmap for "how has this been done before" is both valid and clever.

We have an even bigger challenge ahead of us, because unlike tobacco we need food to live, it's among our most deeply-seated drives and basic need. Such basic survival drives are the best to manipulate, be it by by advertisers, governments, or peers. Our bodies evolved to desire sweetness because sweetness means energy density, and unfortunately sweetness is very easy to manufacture, hide in things, and the high-octane refined sugars and corn syrups are super-stimuli for this natural and useful mechanism.

Right now people's emotions towards these sugary foods, what I think I'll call "death food" (since "junk food" hasn't worked as a meme), are developed by conditioning and ADVERTISING. The death-food industry has WAY better persuaders than government ad agencies and even the "diet industry" (which is largely colonized by the same death-food industry).

I believe you could attack it using similar restrictions to tobacco: advertising bans, warning labels, etc. but you'll also need some serious persuasion like we saw from the "truth" campaign that was so effective.

I did this and live completely sugar free now

It comes down to routine and triggering... I cut out sugar for a few months because of lack of money, but once I could afford sugary treats every once in a while I noticed my body would trigger a memory of whatever snack I bought at certain actions or time...

Like if I had a cookie after dinner and then suddenly stopped because I ran out my brain would think of that cookie I didn’t have or whenever I opened the freezer door I would think of ice cream.

That being said I don’t keep sugar in the house - if I do eat sugary treats it’s only when I go out.

How is what I said any different than what you just posted? How is it not the exact same thing.

Conditioning and advertising are/cause social movements/revolutions. I honestly think you're disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing although you've been echoing exactly what I've been saying.

So let me see if I get this straight now:

You think conditioning and advertising will fix your perception of sugar? If not, describe what you're saying in one sentence.

You used the words "big social revolution" which are a bit loaded.

>You think conditioning and advertising will fix your perception of sugar?

Close, very close. I don't think refined sugar is a pure evil in and of itself, I can appreciate it's application by chefs of all stripes and use it in my own kitchen.
I'm more talking about the death-food industry. I don't really want people to look at a bag of sugar and think "EVIL EVIL DEATH DEATH" unless that's a frame which is necessary for their own health. I want your average American (or whoever really) to look at the aisle of Doritos, Coke, etc. and feel an utter revulsion in the pit of his or her stomach, and conditioning is a big part of that.

That sort of emotional reaction comes from changing people's emotional relations to death-food. They need a fixed mental image of soulless corporations shilling poison to innocents, addicting and killing millions every year in horrible ways just to make a profit. They need to have the connection between picking up that bag of flamin' hot cheetos and (obviously in a more relatable way) being the type of person you see in a /fph/ thread.

>thinking there's girls on Jow Forums

Idk why but I've had no problem quitting sugar.

Never really drank soda as a kid, drank a lot of sweet tea though.

I'll have one or two Coke Zeroes per month but other than that all I drink is water and black coffee.

Nah that would be more like AIDS infested diarrhea desu

your body can't tell the difference between an apple and a snickers bar dipshit

Pretty much the same as this, however it took a little while to quit putting my half a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee.
Also, I have replaced my nightly coke with a big icy glass of water, but I can't seem to drink it without putting a dash of "Squash (also known as cordial)" in it.

Your "body" arguably may not be able to tell the difference between the sugar in an apple or a Snickers, but your brain does.

The change in mindset from "a Snickers is a nice sweet snack" to "an apple is a nice sweet snack" is invaluable and significant. Eating apples in this way, while you're still taking in sugar, also changes how you see yourself and your eating habits. You're "A Person Who Eats Apples As Dessert", you're a healthier minded person, you don't need candy, you don't even LIKE candy. This type of thinking can be very useful if you take that energy and momentum and use it to drive other healthful decisions.

The apple is also more filling, takes longer to eat, has more fiber and other good things in it that are totally lacking from a Snickers.

Also there's a lot more sugar in a Snickers than in an apple, and the Snickers has loadsa fat and salt that the apple does not.

So yeah, don't be a fag.

Imagine actually comparing an apple to a snickers bar

Attached: lmao (2).png (600x580, 572K)

Try again. Typical apple contains around 19g of sugar compared to 18g for a typical snickers bar.

Damn, somebody else who has deluded themselves into thinking that an apple is a super healthy snack.

Am I saying a snickers bar is better than an apple? No. More fiber. A little more nutrient rich.
but if you want a really healthy snack go for some almonds or celery instead.

Apples are an agricultural product with no universal amount of sugar, Google says a granny Smith apple has just over 9g.

Yes almonds and celery are better snacks, but acclimating yourself to "natural" sweetness is a huge step up and brings great benefits (even given how sweet our agriculture has made fruit)

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

Dude, I don't even know if it's worth arguing with you, but it's completely different.

Why would someone choose a snickers over an apple, which has fiber, water, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and disease-fighting phtytonutrients? These all help to slow down the absorption, giving you no cravings or sugar highs.

I don't believe anyone should eat ANY processed foods at all.

Fucking idiot cunt

Does anyone actually crave sugar? I mean I understand craving sweet foods like chocolate, cakes, pastries etc, but I've never craved soda or fruit juice or anything else that has a lot of sugar with out fat/starch to make it hypercaloric and hyperpalatable.

Yes

Don't eat any sort of candy or anything for a couple of months. When I first started lifting, it was hell for about 2 weeks, then I got used to it. Now, even blueberries make me cum from how sweet they are.

I'll be honest with you OP, I had sugar cravings to no belief. Used to eat chocolate, energy drinks etc; multiple times a day. Then one day when I was out, ate an orange. Since then I eat very low sugar biscuits or oranges. Not an immense difference, but definitely dropped my sugar intake by heaps.