How do you guys deal with your friends when trying to diet? I've been eating well for 5 days...

How do you guys deal with your friends when trying to diet? I've been eating well for 5 days, and also cut drastically on beer. Today, my flatmate wanted to go to some place to eat a burger and/or drink a beer, and i had to decline. He was visibly frustrated and got kind of deceived. This will keep on happening, socializing with my friends always involves beer and unhealthy food, and i don't want to cheat on my diet.
How do you guys deal with this situation?

Attached: images.jpg (271x186, 8K)

>go out with them anyways
>dont way over do it when you do
>take into account the extra calories you consumed and subtract them from your allowed number of calories the next day

there is no solution. Its like having a vegan gf. Its a fuckin hassle to go out and eat and fuckin hassle to stay home to cook. The only difference is that your friends dont get to fuck you, otherwise they might put up with your bullshit.

>burgers
>unhealthy

Never gonna make it.

Go and don't eat or drink but they'll start talking behind your back saying you became a faggot.

>friends

Attached: 1523832966233.jpg (633x758, 157K)

>Agree but say you already ate or aren't feeling great
>Get water or sparkling water

Just have a coffee if you’re one of those edge lords that tracks their calorie intake. Or you know, stop acting like a burger will make you fat somehow. Basically stop being autistic.

>having friends
Never gonna make it

I talked about something similar to this in a different thread It's a pain in the ass but I think you just gotta deal with it and resist the urge to let them fuck up your goals. People feel threatened when they see those close to them trying to do better and nothing you can say will stop them without ruining your relationship with them. It's hard brah I feel you but we're all going to make it.

Whoops meant to use this post

desu two beers is not gonna ruin anything but whenever i try to stay sober for longer whiles i just go to the bar with them and drink diet coke

Truth right here.

OP don't be that faggot that nobody wants to hang out with because your body dysmorphia is so extreme. Order a fucking salad and vodka soda if you are too lazy to make up for the extra calories.

You drink alcohol at a bar you fucking fag.

I dont think his friends will feel threatened at all unless OP seems like he is working out for revenge on all guys who have gotten laid more than him or something along those lines.
Most like they will just think he is weird for not eating a damn burger without being vegan. They would understand the beer thing since there are a lot of people who "don't drink" but still has just 1 beer.

>friends

Attached: 1505952043000.png (1127x685, 251K)

Go out with your friends asshole. Get a fucking burger for fux sake.

>cutting/dieting means you need to stop eating ""unhealthy"" food and only eat chicken breast and drink water / kale smoothies
just count your calories, the larger burgers from burger king for example hover around the 1000 calories range, you can easily fit that into a 2000+ calorie cut.
>but whenever I touch fast food I go overboard and eat 1000 calories over
then just eat 1000 less the next day

you are hurting your social life, dont refuse, you dont have to eat/drink very much and you can cut calories the next day, nothing bad will happen if you do it once in a while

Depends on your values nigger.

Fitness/gains is not a realistic end-goal in-and-of itself. Chances are you're into fitness for social reasons, so if you're avoiding social gains because of fear of losing all your gains cause you drank a beer, you're either ill-informed or doing it wrong.

lol, i ordered water once at a bar and everyone thought i was an alcoholic trying to stay clean even though im at a bar with friends.
So id say water works pretty well if you are trying to avoid drinking. Order water and just explain how you used to be a degenerate alcoholic

My dudes, i know that one burger and one or two beer won't hurt, but this is usually a weekly or bi-weekly thing, we do it kinda often. I'll just try to go with them and order healthier stuff like some of you said, and the ocasional burger&beer once in a while , but yeah i'll be called a fag and a weirdo when i don't

doing IF helps with these things, just eat less the next day. The hunger is the same

what do you guys do when you eat something you cant calculate how much calories it is?
i visit my grandmother everyother week to eat lunch and is always just a mix of whatever is left in the fridge,
i went to eat today i think i eat a modest amount (cuse it didnt look to light of a meal) but i was already hungry 2 hours after wich isnt normally the case, and dont know how many calories i have left out on the day, trying to stay in the 1600-2000 cal range

>i'll be called a fag and a weirdo when i don't
oh no

stop snacking
only eat 500-600 calorie lunches
gives you 1500 calories to eat for dinner
you can eat out regularly while cutting
you can eat GOOD while cutting
you aren't miserable
it's actually sustainable and doesn't kill your social life.

>implying a few pints and a burger doesn't make for gains of the heart.
From 6pm Saturday until midnight Sunday there are no rules whatsoever

>doesn't do cardio to burn loads of extra calories

Never going to make it.

you can check calories of everything online and guesstimate a bit how much you've eaten. Round everything up and add 100-200 on top, thats what I usualy do in a situation like that

literally just offer to be the designated driver so nobody gives you a hard time for getting water

or quit being a faggot and get a beer with your friends because life is finite

Now this is what fragile masculinity looks like.

If it really is a regular thing, that's all the more reason you should be able to anticipate it and prevent it from derailing your dieting. Just fast on the days you normally do that stuff leading up to it.

just eat and work harder in the gym pussy

>5 days
>Already starting to come up with excuses
At least give it a week, jeez.

Kek

unironically this

Attached: aesthetic.png (1288x662, 700K)

I go out and drink 2-8 drinks around 3 times a week. Also eat late night unhealthy food. But I always tell myself that if I go out, then I MUST go to the gym the next day to make up for it. I push myself to train harder and work out for longer to counteract the damage from the alcohol. I also take an aromatisé inhibitor the morning after drinking beer. I’ve found that it helps motivate me both in the gym and allows me to let loose at night if I want to go out. I won’t win mr Olympia, but I look good with my shirt off and that’s good enough for me.

Attached: A68382DA-C661-41E3-B17E-1D65E95BD5D8.jpg (960x960, 45K)

/thread

>>

you're in the wrong thread, hoss

Go out and just don't drink. Or just have like one light beer. If they give you shit then FUCK THEM. FAT CUNTS. You don't need to spend your time with that unhealthy swine anyway.

Go out with them and get a salad and a fit a glass of whiskey into your macros

Dude just get a salad and a glass of water you autist. I still go out with my friends all the time and they love it because I can always drive.

>2-8 drinks around 3 times a week. Also eat late night unhealthy food.
>I look good with my shirt off
Sure you do, bud

is your friend a literal faggot? I cant imagine my friends giving a shit about something like this

If I know I'm hanging out with some friends I just eat less the day before and don't eat until I go to hang out. Then I just consume things that aren't totally fucking retarded with a huge tolerance level (one doughnuts is okay, three is a bad idea). If I'm bulking disregard the fasting bits.

Just eat two burgers, no fries, no beer, estimate the macros. Go to a decent/healthy burger joint and it's literally just bread, meat, cheese and salad. You can probably even order a burger with chicken breast, fish, falafel, etc.
And/or go out every now and then, eat as much as you want of whatever you want and count it as a cheat meal. As long as it isn't more than once a week or so.
Try not to drink though.

A lot of people with get irrationally angry, because to them if you say no it basically amounts to you saying you're better than them and also challenging their unhealthy habits. That, and that you're willing to put in some work and make sacrifices to improve yourself, which makes people even more angry as they project their issues onto you.

Get new friends?

If you two don't share similar visions, why hang out.
Why distract yourself.

>Fitness/gains is not a realistic end-goal in-and-of itself. Chances are you're into fitness for social reasons, so if you're avoiding social gains because of fear of losing all your gains cause you drank a beer, you're either ill-informed or doing it wrong.
this

Unless you’re a movie star or a professional athlete there’s no reason to diet so strict you can’t have a meal with a friend. It’s not like he’s asking you to consume 3000 calories, nor do this every day.

It's not a really seen as proper excuse to refuse to eat out for lunch or dinner with your friend(s) because of a diet. If this happens a lot, you might distant yourself from certain friends. Just cheat a meal once or twice a week maximum, don't binge eat or drink. It's not like they're asking to eat out every second day. It's up to you to decide if you care more about your diet than your social life.

Attached: 20180324_200511.jpg (4032x1960, 2.54M)

If it's a common occurrence, make up an excuse that'll get you out of the situation. A fictional new job you got or something.
If it's occasional enough just have a damn burger or whatever, make sure you don't go overboard, no fries or shit like that. Schedule cheat meals around your friends and be extra diligent when you're alone.

The solution to these kinds of threads is just eat a salad dawg. When they bitch at you, just lift your shirt, easy. No questions

I eat so clean and strict all the time that I can't wait to go drink a beer or two or eat a proper burger once a week.
But yeah if your friends are actual fatsos that do this every other day then who cares about them, you should be able to laugh at them, not the other way around.

Word. I found OMAD helps this exact issue. I go out with my friends for dinner and eat just about anything I like within reason. Hard to go over 2k calories in one meal. And I have still been losing weight.

i want eat that

Why do you give a fuck what they think? I had a time where I was incredibly strict with my diet.
My friends had a BBQ, I came there with pre-cooked rice and chicken.
Friends went to a bar, I ordered a glass of water

Lying to your friends is beyond retarded. Just tell them that you watch your diet. They might shake their head or roll their eyes,but they will accept it.

The correct way:
Self control. Set yourself a one beer limit on social occasions and if you must order food go for a soup or a salad.

The autistic way:
Eat a bowl of eggy oats with milk before you go. The combination of protein, fat and fiber will stuff you and you won't be able to put away any more than is sensible.

Just literally fast the next day you dumb pedofile cunt.

You can literally eat mcdonalds every 2nd day and get healthier if you fast.

Attached: 1528756691498.png (267x320, 22K)

think about why you're lifting and trying to eat better in the first place. while there are personal reasons, you're also lifting for social standing. so if you never socialize, then you're not getting recompensated for your gains. also, a burger and a few beers arent the end of the world. if it really bothers you, plan in advance diet-wise and dont go over the top

Does 1 beer actually ruin gains for that day?