Kayaking

Does anyone here have experience with kayaking? Can any gains be made out of doing it regularly? (Natty)

I live by a lake and it looks fun

Attached: 1f82c88d8532eb35ab49c12de1c0d0d1.jpg (400x374, 26K)

id imagine it’d seriously flare your last and chest, swimmerbod

dunno, don’t do it and haven’t watched it for more than 10 minutes on tv

I kayak about 15-20 times a summer. It will workout your back, core, and your forearms. Not really gonna build much muscle if thats all youre doing tho. Decent cardio if you paddle the entire time and treat it like a workout.

If you wanna see any gains from it, do "sprints". pick a location and race to it.

My friend doesnt work out regularly. But he Kayaks like a motherfucker. Went on a trip with him. I figured out theres essentially 3 diffrent roing styles. Good for lats. Good for longhead, tri and biceps. Good for core strenght and chest. Didn't pay much attention to the back but your whole upper body is working.

4 days long was our trip and I exhausted myself several times, just switched the style and could keep going.

There's travel kayak and speed. I recommend an Ocean Kayak as you can pull big speed in it while keeping some of your stability. A kayak is expensive so ask around in your family. someone might have one gathering dust in their garage that you can try out.

It's fun

faggot

I used to have a lot of world class kayaker friends. kayaking can end up causing a lot of shoulder issues. just go slow. you shouldn't have any problem on a lake, but don't hop into rivers without knowing all the safety.

every person that i've ever met that kayeked or rowed on a professional team was ultra ripped but don't know if that's correlation or causation

you can definitely feel it the next day, but is it good for gains? probably not

kayaking is fun and good for you. probably not a big source of gains tho.

but be advised, if you have large upper body mass, an eskimo roll (flipping your kayak back up again after you capsize) will be difficult.

but if you are on a flat water lake, should not have to worry much about that.

>that hairline

no thanks

it burns a ton of calories, if you can match the calories the gains will be decent

It’s fun and all but rowing would probably be a better hobby if you’re trying to put on muscle

will work your chest and arms, core as well. chicken legs tho (bro split). rowing (Olympic) will work mostly your legs and back, core and arms will fall a litle behind if you only do that.
kayaking will improve sprints and upper body strength (shorter distance)
rowing will improve lower body strength and aerobic capacity (longer distance).
both will give you decent gains if done correctly (find a coach).

depends were you want to put more muscle.
upper, front = kayak
lower, back = rowing

rower's back for reference.

Attached: 1526652244165.jpg (880x587, 325K)

why not both

Canoe polo is a fantastic sport

Its called conditioning faggot. Even if u biuld muscle in order to keep it functional... Lets use this term... U need to do some sort of cardio exe involving that new muscle... Basicslly what boxers do.... Watch how they train. They lift weight but do also a lot of cardio.

Watch on you tube some Anthony Joshua workouts... They're interesting

rowers and kayakers don't like each other very much.
but both don't like sailors. common enemy i guess.

I've been rowing for 18 years and spent time on the US national team training in locations alongside US and Canada and kayakers. I don't mind them, fun people. They only drove us nuts because we go backwards and they go forwards. Their packs would weave between our boats, and we usually didn't see them coming. Always seemed like close calls and they don't obey traffic patterns.

Never really met a sailor, I guess you're referring to America's Cup types? Rob Waddell was legit and did both.