Is this an ear infection?

Is this an ear infection?

Attached: Still002.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Go to a doctor

What is that

Impossible to tell from a picture this low quality. Color is fairly normal (should be pale gray) but appears somewhat cloudy which could indicate beginning infection, full blown infection would be red. Is there a pressure sensation or sensation of blockage?
The tympanum.

that's clearly ruptured.

ya you gotta go to the doctor man. i put hydrogen peroxide in my ear a month or 2 ago to losen up some ear wax that was blocking my ear canal. but i remember reading that you shouldn't do it if your tympanum is cracked / has holes in it. i'm no doctor but that looks like you got a cracked tympanum.

I'm poor

Slight soreness and occasional spontaneous popping sound, here's the other unaffected side if that helps

Fucking dammit is there a chance it will heal on its own

Attached: image.jpg (480x640, 32K)

>is there a chance it will heal on its own?
i'm not sure man. i wouldn't wanna be def in one ear though, go have a professional look at it. if you're dirt pour you can research what exactly is going on in that ear of yours. i personally think it is a ruptured tympanic membrane. but i have only 2 years of college and 20 or so medical credit hours.

I just wanna add some things:

I don't know why its all black like that. And from that new angle it doesn't look "ruptured". You can still hear fine right? I don't think you can still hear if the tympanic membrane has a rupture in it, at least not hear very well.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a fucking hole in it so you can be safe to put hydrogen peroxide in it. Hydrogen peroxide would clean up any infection but if there is a hole in the tympanic membrane that's not an option.

read this homie, any of these sound familiar?

Pain is the main symptom of eardrum rupture. For some, the pain may be severe. It can remain steady throughout the day, or it can increase or decrease in intensity.

Usually the ear begins to drain once pain goes away. At this point, the eardrum is ruptured. Watery, bloody, or pus-filled fluids may drain from the affected ear. A rupture that results from a middle ear infection usually causes bleeding. These ear infections are more likely to happen in young children, people with colds or the flu, or in areas with poor air quality.

You may have some temporary hearing loss or a reduction in hearing in the affected ear. You can also experience tinnitus, a constant ringing or buzzing in the ears, or dizziness.

Please post your pictures the right side up. The extent of the hearing loss depends on the size of the rupture. Personally I don't believe it is as it looks more like some kind of vascular lesion with beginning keratinization, could be a sign of infection but not quite possible to tell at this stage. You most likely would have noticeable low frequency hearing loss with a perforation.

Side note: Do not use hydrogen peroxide for clearing ear wax, body temperature water is plenty. Use food oil to soften the wax if you have impacted cerumen.

Lifestyle and home remedies

A ruptured eardrum usually heals on its own within weeks. In some cases, healing takes months. Until your doctor tells you that your ear is healed, protect it by doing the following:

Keep your ear dry. Place a waterproof silicone earplug or cotton ball coated with petroleum jelly in your ear when showering or bathing.
Refrain from cleaning your ears. Give your eardrum time to heal completely.
Avoid blowing your nose. The pressure created when blowing your nose can damage your healing eardrum.

Have you tried not being poor?

this nigger knows his shit, doctor is in. what do you think it is? i agree with the vascular lesion because its dark red like there's blood behind it. and if it was ruptured it would be seeping out. there is some sort of damage behind the eardrum.

Go to a clinic

Looks like you have inflamed mid ears on both sides, probably for quite some time or multiple times in rapid succesion. (look up otitis media acuta and glue ear)

Take some painkillers (like paracetamol/acetaminophen) 4x1g a day and a nasal decongestant

I would personally advise antibiotics in your case, a fluoroquinolone cuz you have a perforated drum on one side.

> Assistent neurosurgeon

if that's your tympanic membrane then you have a puncture. should go to the doc instead of asking on here you fucking dumbass

Second this, No PEROXIDE you'll damage your hearing if there's a hole

This guy knows what's up. Side note wtf is a neurosurgeon doing on Jow Forums, you a psychopath?

Why was the health part taken out of Jow Forums doesn't feel the same since

Go to the fucking doctor you dumb dumb

Just go to your general practitioner man, you'll go deaf

a neurosurgeon that can't spell assistant worries me greatly

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u6.png (550x550, 115K)

just see your doctor instead of asking us educationally retarded fags for advice

There are some good answers here, but they're all based on a freaking blurry picture.
You should really go to a doctor.

Jesus Christ, OP.... I am sorry everyone in this thread is a goddamned idiot. Particularly this "assistant neurosurgeon" since I have no fucking clue what that is. Maybe a neurosurgical resident? But more than likely some shitty RN first assist that likes to pretend they're a doctor.

So... Actual doctorfag here. This is a hemotympanum. Please google image that shit if you don't believe me, it will confirm. Most common cause is a basilar skull fracture. If this is real and you have actually hit your head recently, please go to an ER immediately. You need to see a doctor either way.

If this is bait: 10/10, this thread made me angry and I responded.

Fucking retards...

No reason to be condescending. We're only trying to help a brother out. OP is long gone anyways, probably died.

Sage.

You're right. Sorry, don't know why this rustled my jimmies so much.

I'm an actual doctor.

OP looks to have vasicial membotrauma in his right ear ventricle. This is probably due to a frequency of E-G overload by his typapa system.

Its all good man. I'm pretty sure your diagnosis is spot on. After consulting my medical database (google). It really is impressive that you're able to do what you just did. People pay good money for that shit.

just had a similar problem and he prescribed me pseudoephedrine HCl, a decongestant.

Good work.

actual doctor here thats some shit man ill tell you what

Attached: 1455389938373.gif (295x270, 955K)

ignore everyone ITT real doctor here, you got like 2 days to live tops

medstudentfag here, last year
how did you eve take such a clear picture of your eardrum?
also looks like hemotympanum, google it, needs otorhinolaryngologist

accountant here

how were you able to take those photos? are those inside your ear canal

>dude risks being deaf for the rest of his life because he "can't afford a doctor"

Lend money, I don't know, have a fucking job in the first place, take care of your shit
You can always make money later, but you can't get your hearing ability back
People really are idiots

Borrow*

>Assistent