Genetics

Anytime fitness is discussed, talk about genetics get thrown around a lot. Let's say >pic related started lifting, eating right macros, sleeping properly etc. What do you think he could reach in terms of lifts before genetics seriously prevented further gains?

I'm not that skinny, but I do have very small wrists, ankles, other joings, am naturally scrawny (as is my whole family). I've gotten to a plate and some change on bench press and am plateauing hard. Could my genetics really be limiting me already, or is it likely something else?

Attached: skinny-hardgainer.jpg (258x250, 41K)

Genetics literally only impacts your frame and basic facial structure. Those are basically the only things you can't do anything about. Anyone can be Jow Forums, although genetics does make it marginally easier for some than others; at any rate, NO ONE who's in shape got there without spending A LOT of time working towards their goal.

Depends on genetics

So a guy like pic related could hit 2pl8 bench natty without genetics interfering?

>What do you think he could reach in terms of lifts before genetics seriously prevented further gains?
It's impossible to tell until the skinny guy hits that limit. This skinny guy could become a regional powerlifter winner, maybe he won't. Until he hits his strength limit he won't be able to tell where his genetics will stop him.

>very small wrists, ankles, other joings, am naturally scrawny
You're not naturally scrawny, you and your family just don't eat enough food to become normal weight. This is the same logic fat people use when they say their family is fat.
You say you're not that skinny, if that's true then you just need to put muscle on these joints.

>started lifting, eating right macros, sleeping properly etc
Go into more detail, what are you lifting, How often do you lift, What do you weigh, what's your height, how many calories are you eating, how many grams of each macro are you eating, what food are you eating, how many hours of sleep are you getting per night?

Absolutely. Any man can bench two plates. Just takes longer for others.

Some people literally have so low test that they cannot gain any muscle.

>Some people literally have so low test that they cannot gain any muscle.
how can you tell if you have low test?

Getting a blood test.

There are also things such as muscle insertions

without that

Oh yeah that too. Not like it’ll stop you from getting fit though

Attached: CB844ECA-78D1-439E-81FB-DFB56B1C3283.jpg (725x753, 133K)

That's the only way to tell. Don't worry about it and just lift.

women gain half the muscle of men and have 1/10th the test, natty gains depends on gh and igf1

genetics only affects frame and bone structure, this would effect leverage but anybody can become stronger, theres a reason blaha looks the way he does compared to a bearmode guy of the same weight and strength, and its also the reason why we have strong as hell skellies like jonnie candito or a few guys from cbt

wait can i ask if you have puffy nips? if so what age did it occur? also is your deadlift strong compared to your bench?

ur dead should be atleast double ur bench ma man

This is so misinformed. Genetic outliers will have much more muscle gain or far less. There was this study where they compared a group of people who trained naturally with one that took steroids and trained. There was also a control group and a group who took steroids without training but those are irrelevant for this context. Obviously the ones on steroids had far more gains in lean mass in the same amount of time but the funny thing is, there were people in the steroids and training group who had worse results than the top of those who trained naturally. This is what it means to be a genetic outlier. You might be someone who's an high responder or a low responder. Given, those are exceptions, most will fall within a normal range but there are people who are genetically so different that it affects their gains for better or worse. Claiming those people don't exist means ignoring science data.

truth. just like how some people are good at all sports and some now, some people will never be strong

like in 1-3 months

5'10 hover around 150lbs. I get my bodyweight in protein ED but I know I'm probaly not eating enough calories since I'm trying to stay relatively clean. I lift 4-5 days/wk on average. Sleep is pretty good, could be better. Right now I'm trying to decide between a more hypertrophy oriented program or just a strength /powerlifting program. My ultimate goal is size, and secondarily strength, and I've read that some people say that hypertrophy programs don't work unless you're on gear

never heard of this before. if my lifts are improving, even slowly, I surely can't have that low of test can i?

If you’re asian or white

this is so wrong

>muscle insertions
>androgen receptors
>testosterone levels
>slow/fast twitch ratios
>CNS

Genetics is the difference between the dude who has been lifting for 2 years and still stuck at a 185 bench vs the dude who hits it after 6 months of lifting