Can someone explain to me the phenomenon of people putting anime characters in their online video game account profile...

Can someone explain to me the phenomenon of people putting anime characters in their online video game account profile images?

What autism is this? Dont these people realise how cringe, beta, autistic and loser this makes you appear?

Anytime I see someone with it I automatically think less of them

Attached: 055872EB-179C-4998-8FF8-C603425D4760.jpg (368x399, 32K)

Its called not giving a fuck, you should try it sometime.

Attached: 30f395987cbda7e65a9d97e04161bf4d73079d7a32ee11fda21745b2a7203d1f.jpg (600x849, 40K)

It's called signaling. The idea is to repel normies and attract fellow anime watchers.

it's lack of creativity imo

anime is taking over the globe, muh pretty cute faces

Attached: 1530870762071.jpg (341x252, 22K)

I-It's because I want to be a cute girl

Attached: superthumb.jpg (300x250, 19K)

>phoneposter
>'cringe'

this. obviously youd want to filter out people like OP.

because i cant find anything else to put as my profile picture what the fuck do you want

Literally this. Also I really just like cute things.

Attached: 1377853436981.jpg (1050x1280, 631K)

Anytime I see someone with an anime avatar on steam I automatically imagine them with the following physical attributes

>18-25
>Manlet
>Pale skin
>Underweight
>No jawline
>Patchy or no facial hair growth
>Weak
>Doesnt dress like an adult
>Most likely lives with a single mother
>Cant cook and relies on the 1 meal their mother cooks for them when she gets home from work
>May or may not attend higher education schooling but does not interact with fellow students
>May or may not have a random teenage level job but does not interact with fellow coworkers

The only reason I think of those traits is because I know several people who fit all of those traits and they all have anime avatars on steam

>I know several people who fit all of those traits and they all have anime avatars
I agree with you list entirely.

Hey how can you tell if it's a phoneposter? Maybe I'm retarded but I don't get it.

Literally same

yup
>>Manlet
yup
>>Pale skin
yup
>>Underweight
normal weight
>>No jawline
unfortunately mine is ok
>>Patchy or no facial hair growth
nope
>>Weak
yup
>>Doesnt dress like an adult
yup
>>Most likely lives with a single mother
yup
>>Cant cook and relies on the 1 meal their mother cooks for them when she gets home from work
yup

Anime is literally normie-tier now. You're not special.

Attached: Z.jpg (307x164, 10K)

>implying kanye west is a normalfag
Get out you fucking Jow Forumstard

>married to a brainless reality tv star
>lacks any originality, just steals whatever's trending in the underground hip hop scene
>over-inflated ego, thinks he's a genius because he's popular
Textbook normie. You're probably a normie too.

look at this Jow Forumstard who can't even admit kanye is one of us that made it

I think less of everyone who doesn't appreciate catgirls. Thanks for posting one.

>Dont these people realise how cringe, beta, autistic and loser this makes you appear?
You know whats even more cringe, beta, autistic, and loser-ish?
Caring about what others think of you over such a small thing.

This is called ironic weebism, typically those under 20 who have started watching anime later around 2010/11. True old-school "weeaboos" (IE true oldfags and former gaiafags) and otaku will typically look down on these people.

The filename.

oregano

first post absolutely best post

What else am I gonna put? An overdone meme, some edgy clan logo or a real face pic are far worse. If its some cropped hentai, then yeah thats pretty cringey.