/fast/ #233 - Fast Glorious Fast Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

See your doctor before fasting if you have any sort of chronic illness (type 1 diabetes, malnourished, underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding)

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here - youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max (NoSalt/LoSalt are high potassium-low sodium salts available in grocery stores or Amazon and the like)
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional but recommended for 10+ day fasts.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (4% or less).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea are generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not really, since the fat you are burning contains most of the vitamins you need.

Attached: Fast Glorious Fast.jpg (470x264, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/73sJhN8
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE
youtube.com/watch?v=vr98H0YMEkg
youtu.be/AgTGAPz-1M0
youtube.com/watch?v=F0xU6yJ3Vco
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you been drinking your Snake Juice /fast/?

Attached: 1530419425194.jpg (429x717, 23K)

discord.gg/73sJhN8

JOIN THE OFFICIAL /FAST/ING / SHITPOSTING DISCORD!

NIGGERS

Attached: anigif_enhanced-18452-1433581059-2.gif (360x202, 209K)

Fuck guys, how do you manage to sleep while hungry?

>Have you been drinking your Snake Juice /fast/?
Yup, although now that I'm nearing my target 1 goal I'm only drinking it when I find my potassium levels are getting low.

After you've been fasting for a while you begin to notice the signs.

Having said that I drink a solution which is higher than that usually suggested (3g pure salt, 7g potassium chloride, 30 ml concentrated lemon juice)

Works for me.

Masturbate before bed.

Time moves so slow when fasting.

I should only need one good 7 day fast to finally hit my goal weight. 40 hours in right now.

Pray for me /fast/

How much muscle did you loose during your fast? Howl long did you fast?

Attached: 1424477209126.jpg (2560x1600, 690K)

youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE
based dr fung

I was reading about intermittent fasting and found that it severely increases your HGH levels like 1000%+, not even kidding. It also happens to be that my bones are not closed yet (can't remember the name for it). A lot of studies shows the same resulta and I am feeling inclined to try it for at least 6 months while doing weight lifting and see what happens. I don't know exactly what's the role GH plays in human growth but searching a bit it seems like a good alternative to taking real GH and it will also reduce my bf so it's win win.
Yeah it's manlet cope, but I can't help but try it.
>tfw 5'7" and still hopping

Don't forget to whisper "grow grow grow"

>It also happens to be that my bones are not closed yet (can't remember the name for it)
How old are you?

Every night fren

19 and still hoping to grow an inch or two. Took tests, I'm a bloomer. The problem is my dad is same height and mom is 5'2" or so.

>Masturbate while fasting
Yea no don't do that

Then you probably shouldn't be thinking about fasting, since you need your food to grow still.

day 7 of a 7 day fast feels good, then rolling it into some keto IF
for people that do OMAW do you eat a regular meal or does that fuck you up? is that one meal a week just juice or soup?

>Yea no don't do that
Can't get it up while fasting young 'un?

>for people that do OMAW do you eat a regular meal or does that fuck you up? is that one meal a week just juice or soup?
Nope about 1,200 calorie meal consisting of lamb chops or a t-bone steak with vegatables (ratatouille or spinach soaked in garlic) with sour cream.

Nice and keto.

youtube.com/watch?v=vr98H0YMEkg

>Can't get it up while fasting young 'un?
Don't worry about ma dick bucko, worry about your addiction. How does it feel to know that you can give up eating for days but you are not able to stop touching your peepee? I bet you feel really powerful, uh?

The word you're looking for my young friend is virile.

who in the fuck watches this kinda shit jesus christ

lots of people

ZMA on a fast for them recovery, sleep, and test gains?

I think Snakeman hates supps so much because he can't afford them TBQHfamalam.

Wouldn't that hurt your teeth?

>Wouldn't that hurt your teeth?
It's shell rather than bone, so probably not.

1 meal a day.
Less than 1 hour feeding window.
4000 calories.
700g fruit, 700g meat, 1 glass of olive oil.
I think this will be the easiest bulk of my life.

Attached: 1504712661472.jpg (960x960, 151K)

am I safe to eat mints while fasting? my breath stinks really bad

Attached: 81+ubrGL+FL._SL1500_.jpg (1494x1500, 228K)

Past the 60-hour mark, going for 96 hours. Still feeling okay.

No. Learn how to actually clean your fucking mouth.

ill clean ur mouth with my dick m8

I got the buttpiss

You always make the best /fast/ threads. Never leave us omaw boomer!

I'm reducing my bodyfat% with ADF at the moment. Will my noobgains from six weeks of lifting be enough for ottermode?

Attached: CB.jpg (4128x2322, 2.22M)

>Never leave us omaw boomer!
At some point death will claim me...

Attached: I am become death feeder of cats.png (300x610, 246K)

Funny, fapping destroys my system. I am literally incapable of functioning if I fap. The effects last for 2-3 days which is why I rarely fap. Those buggers who can function normally while jerking off are lucky.

You won't grow this late. I grew from 5'7 to 6'0 in my teens then nothing aftee 18. JUST

Yeah it's weird, I was reluctant to try
I started the other day with a 24 hours goal and I just hit 96, I'll see if I can push it until the end of the week, I'm still feeling fine enough

Bullshit, the luck of the Irish and fasting will see you living well into your 90s.

Attached: Kill me now...please.jpg (852x480, 25K)

FUCKING SHIT

MY TAP WATER DOESN'T GET COLD ENOUGH TO MAKE ME SHIVER, IS THERE ANY POINT IN 'COOL' SHOWERS AS OPPOSED TO COLD?

FUCK FLORIDA

Im 1 month into OMAD and all my sugar cravings are gone.
This is surreal because the simple thought of cakes and ice cream would make me feel like a cocaine addict feeling the intense craving

Why it went away? Gut bacteria?
This is so fucking beautiful; its like food lost all otsnpower over me. I feel free
(IAm not overweight tho)

I did 100 minutes of cardio. That speeds up the fasting effects right?

how much am I supossed to eat for OMAD? my TDEE?

110 hours so far. Nearly at 5 days. I can't wait to eat some cheese and crackers.

>tfw cheese is now a luxury dessert for me

By not being a bitch.
I actually had not much problems sleeping while fasting.

You should do whatever works the best for you. I think that’s the most important thing.

You jerk off

yeah sure but how am i supossed to know what works best for me

How are we supposed to know?
Eat less than TDEE and lose weight faster, eat at TDEE and lose weight more slowly but maybe feel better while doing it. Do whatever you want.

oh okay thanks, i wasn't sure if i was gonna lose weight even when eating my TDEE, i appreciate it

Why, why the white tongue, goddamnit I hate it
Any way to deal with it? I scrub that shit with a toothbrush and toothpaste but it doesn't go away

depends on your goals and how active your day is

u are getting a white tongue because of dehyration
if u are water fasting, u need to increase the salts
if u are drying fasting its normal and u just have to deal with it

read a book

u might not get the befits of cold therapy but you will still burn a bunch of calories

>dehydration
Isn't it because of ketosis?

How long does ti normally take until you enter ketosis while on a water fast?

I'm at about 66 hours now.

I'm drinking two liters a day with like half a teaspoon of salt, do I just use a bit more salt to make it go away?

>most knowledgeable thread regular bails on fasting because of health issues
>all that's left are impressionable anons and a literal boomer

Attached: 1500742746117.gif (379x440, 140K)

>because of health issues

Confirmed fasting is bad for you.

>health issues
p-please explain, I don't want to die

my heart rate was 51bps this morning so I freaked out and broke fast. Later found out that this was normal and not even that low
gotta fast again tomorrow

exercise, tires me right out

I heard you weren't supposed to exercise until at least four hours before you go to sleep? Is this true and why?

>2nd day of fasting
>hungry as fuck but manageable
>brother calls me, "hey I'm gonna get some food, what do you want?"
>tfw lied and said I already ate something
Will I make it, brehs?

Attached: 1338396167909.png (200x200, 53K)

He fucked his kidneys iirc. Not from fasting though.

>not from fasting
good, you got me scared for a second there, user

No proof that it wasn't from the fasting either. Fasting does mess with your kidneys a bit.

You could've easily used the fact that your brother is getting food, as a reason to eat and break your fast, but you didn't. You're getting dem willpower gains. You're gonna make it brah.

Attached: 1517797499656.png (217x190, 55K)

Is lifting + OMAD (at a large caloric deficit) a good way to cut body fat and maintain muscle?

FUCK alright, but I should be able to feel if something was wrong with my kidneys, though, right? I should feel pain
He probably had some underlying kidney condition

Thanks breh

Eating fast food and drinking soda everyday probably fucked my kidneys up too so I think I'm okay with fasting.

I only have one question, and I don't care what I have to do to make this work:
>HOW DO I FAST AROUND MY PARENTS?????

Attached: 1528570308187.png (405x414, 12K)

Nigger if you that worried about your kidneys just drink apple cider vinegar and lemon juice

youtu.be/AgTGAPz-1M0

Don't tell them you're fasting and say you already had something to eat.

Go out, say you're off studying at the library or whatever works best for you and you're grabbing lunch outside
That's what I do, anyway

The guy who had kidney problems also took lemon juice, ACV, baking soda, all that stuff for kidney health before.
Maybe they help but I wouldn't bet on those things being an absolute cure for kidney issues.

Move out and stop being underaged

you wait till right before bed to figure out that you can't sleep? I'd say 2 hours before bed is fine, do you exercise at all?

>Accidentally started a dry fast
>22 hours in
>Have nothing better to do so binge watched food videos all day

Fasting is so hard if you can't keep your mind occupied. Only 213 more days to go

Attached: 1517690082238.jpg (800x908, 78K)

Not him, but in certain countries that's simply not possible, where I live the average age in which people move out is basically closer to 30 than to 20

OK then don't fast

Shit I'll try anything, really
But I think I'll be fine, still haven't had a problem with fasting, no nausea, no headaches, no anything, I should be able to tell if there was something wrong
Yeah alright fuck it, he probably had kidney stones at some point, or some other problem
Until I actually start feeling pain in my kidneys I'll keep doing it

I’m trying to do Keto and IF, and need some advice.

Atm, my plan is to eat breakfast at 6 AM, and eat lunch at around 12PM everyday, because my work schedule makes that the most efficient 8 hour split, and that’s well and good for the week, but during the weekend, I tend to stay out all night drinking/partying. Now before you tell me to completely cut out alcohol, I am not willing to do that, because I was a depressed faggot before I started drinking, and now I’m happy enough and energetic enough to have a good chance at getting fit.

So basically, I’m asking if it’s better to skip breakfast or to skip dinner? And will drinking on the weekend when I should be fasting matter enough to be a problem?

youtube.com/watch?v=F0xU6yJ3Vco
What did he mean by this?

Anyone on fast and feel too tense and angry. Feels like when I'm too hungry my mind is going 100 miles an hour...

if im doing 16/8 and i break my fast once a week to drink alcohol with the boys will i die or should i try to drink during my 8 hours instead

i know im weak willed and im not gonna make it just help me not die okay

Yeah but this is first time fasting how often should I /sip/ that shit

Attached: 2B72ED9D-95DE-4AF3-8F00-0D37C1C1FE77.jpg (3024x3024, 1.47M)

how much calories do i have 2 eat to prep for a 3 day dry fast?
can u even gain it in a day?

im 8-9% bf btw

Attached: 22427593_124508944935536_4258081386717511680_n.jpg (640x799, 57K)

Just sip as often as you're willing, as long as you get around a liter a day you should be good.
Keep in mind Snake juice is really only needed for fasts that are longer than 48hours, and definitely needed if you want to be lifting while fasting.

Does exercise boost fasting?

Attached: 1531118417072.jpg (736x920, 110K)

But one of our regulars literally died. At least he's got fully fucked kidneys now. Rip innawoods. and omaw grandpa has been here for ages, fuck off.

I do juice fast where I drink delicious store brought juice all day long. Fuck water fasting LOL

>omaw grandpa has been here for ages
With next to nothing to show for it, he looks like total shit

There is going to be cake...

I am bout to break a almost 48 fast...

will drinking one of this daily affect snake juice

Don't sacrifice 48 hours of work for a taste of revolting, oversugared cake.

Its so hard user, sweets for are just something too powerful

Give me strength Jow Forums

a-atleast i'm at a base....right guys?

Attached: 1429628377763.jpg (1976x1748, 672K)