QTDDTOT

Old thread is at the limit: I want to do AD novice program but I had to change it a bit due to some limitations. Is it good this way?
Workout A
> Squat 3×6
> Paused Bench Press 5×5
> Pendlay Row 5×5
> Overhead Barbell Extension 3×6-10
> BB/DB Preacher Curl 3×6-10
> Stiff-Legged Deadlift/Good Morning 3×6-10
> Standing Cable Crunch 3×10-20
> Neck Curls + Face Pulls 3×20-30
Workout B
> Squat 3×6
> Paused Bench Press 5×5
> Deadlift 2×4-6
> Close-Grip Bench Press 3×6-8
> Weighted Chin-up 3×3-5
> Standing Cable Crunch 3×10-20
> Neck Curls + Face Pulls 3×20-30
Changed paused ohp to paused bp bc bp carries over to ohp but not the other way around.
Current stats:
> 195cm 94kg, bp 90kg 1rm, squat 76kg 1rm, dl 150kg 1rm, ohp 50kg 5rm

Attached: qtddtot.jpg (999x624, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/pre-workout
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNocCJNicrc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do i flex my back to look at in the mirror? related: what are the best exercises for building wings?

How is this macro ratio?

Carbs: 282g (43%)
Fats: 89g (31%)
Protein: 169g (26%)

I weigh 66.6kg, am bulking, and the calorie total belonging to this ratio is 2734 calories. Also, I don't count the olive oil I use to bake my meats in, so in reality the number of fats are a bit higher.

Asked in the previous one but didn't notice it is at its limit.

Should i get c4 preworkout or optimum nutrition Platinum pre ? The optimum one is 2$ more than the c4, but c4 has double the amount of servings.

Are there any compound lifts that work the neck? I wouldn't mind mine being a little thicker but I only have a barbell, dip belt and power rack at home

Is it healthy or not to blend fruit

knowing Jow Forums, the answer will probably be that preworkouts are a waste of money and to just drink coffee and maybe eat some carbs beforehand. idk what platinum pre is but C4 is well known
don't overthink it, being consistent is more important than anything. Personally from my internet research I don't think there's much benefit of eating anything more than .9 grams per pound of BW in protein. If you stick to those high levels of protein/fat you'll be golden, but that might be too much and there's nothing wrong with doing .85 for protein and .5-.6 for fat
it's the same as eating it
flexing should be natural, not sure how to explain it. deadlift, bench, and weighted pull ups (not chin ups). Also reverse grip rows but don't fuck up your biceps doing it

too much

last reply on this was meant for

i was just buying stuff based on labdoor's reviews. Its the 3rd highest rated pre. labdoor.com/rankings/pre-workout

Do minor injuries mean I can't work out? Started about a month ago and my hamstring tendon (I think) is feeling messed up. It doesn't hurt that bad or anything, but it feels like I'm stretching when I do more than walk and stuff. Can I squat/deadlift today?

I really dont know if i should start bulking already or keep cutting more, what do you think?

Pic are flexed, unflexed and back

Attached: dd34.png (872x820, 549K)

ew

wat

honestly it depends how far you are in lifting. If you're squatting over twice your BW, for example, then I would be careful. I'm pretty new and pull muscles all the time but literally give no fucks unless it stops me from being able to do the physical movement

I don't know why some faggot replied ew, but the unflexed pic kind of looks like the post result of a really solid, lean bulk. So I'd keep cutting but that's just me. What Jow Forums doesn't tell you is unless you're obese or undisciplined you can bulk whenever the fuck you want

Thanks very much for reply, probably ill cut a few more weeks then bulk

Keep cutting 4-8 weeks more and bulk really solid in september.

How much progress do you lose when you miss a day? I've missed M and W of my MWF routine due to the flu.

Two months ago, I decided to add cardio on rest days, alterning lifting and running. I now can run longer and faster. But I'm rapidly out of breath when squatting. Does cardio truly kill gains or I need to eat more ?

Ok thanks will do

Except for accessories (neck and face pulls), it's the AD novice program, literally.

How much ephedrine do I need to take before I feel energy from it? I'm up to 3 8mg pills a morning and I feel just as groggy as usual.

Best kind of mastic gum to buy? Also is this "tongue chewing" thing a complete meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNocCJNicrc

I'm starting again to do some squats after a few years because of an injury, although I'm fully haled I want to go as slow as possible into my progression,
should I just add the smallest weight possible every other workout or work up with plateaus like do 60kg for a a few months then add up to 70kg and stay there for another few months?

If i do 100 push ups a day on top of a PHUL routine would that just be overtraining

that's because you've progressed on squats and the weight being heavier you need longer rest

that'd be more retarded but if you add upi to 100 slowly n, you should be ok , although it could slow your bench progression
as a Jow Forumsizen if you need energy just use test
none

How do I make friends at school? The kids in my major are quiet so I was going to join a club or rush a frat

Attached: 1531804920889.jpg (722x1100, 249K)

Been to the gym 10-20 times in my life, and I thought I should start going regularly next week, but I know very little about what I should be working on. I just moved into an apartment with a small basement gym, with limit equipment, so I need some advice on what to work with for a certain goal.

Gym has treadmills, a cycle, dumbbells, a bench, and one of those multi fitness stations with a bench, cables, seated leg curl/extension, and a pec deck seat, I asked for a req awhile ago, but what I got included a few things not listed at the gym I've got. Looking to cut down on BMI, sitting at around 21-23 currently. 170lbs, eating 1500-1700cals/day.

What I figured was situps, Russian twist, rows, and treadmill every day, and 3 days a week do dumbell press, bicep curls, and shoulder press. Some user called me retarded and told me to do GOMAD, so I thought i'd ask for some improvement on my routine.

read the sticky, don't do gomad unless you're skinny and on a real good routine,train your whole body, don't use machines or as little as possible
do cardio at the end of your workout or the next day

I figured as much about GOMAD, and I understand composite workouts and staying away from machines (more or less). I guess in that regard, my question is what good composite exercises can I do with just dumbbells?

>err compound exercises I mean

what's better for being able to do more push ups, everyday doing multiple sets of push ups all in one go or spread throughout the day

db rows, db press, db bench press
you'll be quickly limited for legs with only db, but you can still do lunges zand train your hams with the leg curl

Conceivably, what would happen or what would my body look like if all I trained was bench press, deadlifts, chin ups, curls and skullcrushers?

I can't really do squats anymore due to a foot injury and it makes leg movements difficult. I know my quads wouldn't be big, but I primarily train martial arts so quad size isn't something that matters to me

also if you curl I'd advise you to do some tris work too, can you do some pullups?
depends on your goals

i was like you for a while: couldn't bend my knees so no squats
I look like a retard with those chicken legs but I 'm aliive I guess

Nowhere to do pull ups, but theres a tricep pushdown setup with the pulleys if that'll do.

B-but deadlifts build my hams and glutes, r-right guys?

yeah but you'll still look like a chicken
it's ok unless the difference between you upper and lower body is big, when you bench 2 plates it gets noticeable, when you bench 3, you look like a retard,
also you'll realize you will progress way more slowly on DL without the squats

doing more pushups to pass a fitness test

spread out in the day cause what matters is how many you do

What does it feel like to lift too much weight with deadlift? Beginner lifter, I've been increasing my DL by 5-10 every workout up to two plates, I've never stalled on them. What should I expect when I finally hit my max weight? I'm afraid of hurting myself

Attached: 1528944875836.jpg (401x600, 54K)

lifting 2 years am 21yo. on arm day i usually go heavier than i can do with good form, it's ok form but I'm definitely swinging a bit and going faster than i should. so last week i tried lowering all the weight and just focus on form and time doing reps. my arms got huge, never had a pump like it. but i feel like they are smaller now than they are usually post pump. is there some reason for this or am i just imagining it?

Should i start SS or stronglifts in 1000 calories deficit? Other program?

Not lifting rn, just dieting.

>none
Well that's reassuring, but if you don't use it; you lose it, right?

Is lmao2pl8 when you have a 45 on each side, for two total, or for two 45's on each side, for 4 total?

There's a difference between missing a week of working out and being a lazy shit for months. Rest weeks can even be helpful sometimes, I've found that after coming back from vacation that I have no problem cracking PRs. I'm sure it won't feel as good because during your break you felt like shit, but your muscle loss is negligible, just get back on your routine when you feel better.

Attached: 1524550153185.jpg (344x377, 48K)

Should I swap out the creatine for something else or keep all three?

Attached: fit supplements.png (1541x453, 97K)

can i test my 1rm on rest days

Co-worker just told me that if I wait 6 hours in between meals, that my body will store food as fat and I'll gain weight, is this true or no? I'd imagine it is since she's really athletic

get rid of the creatine entirely imo

That makes zero metabolic sense. If you were to eat, what would your body do with the energy it'd've otherwise stored as fat?

Am I the only one who gets upset when they see obese children? Like it's absolutely fucked that children start with a baseline of shit health because of shit parenting.

Any suggestion as to why? I'd ditch the preworkout too, but I'm not the biggest fan of coffee; flushes me out. So I should just focus on BCAAs, which the first one is(?) and whey protein then?

Also, are Chuck Taylors made in wide varieties, or is it all just M?

If I injure myself and take a week off from lifting should I keep eating at a surplus?

You're grip will fail first

2 on each

no save testing for a deload week

its jjust a week - do whatever

It sounded like made up shit but since she's so toned I guessed she would know what she's talking about

She's just avoiding a calorie surplus. The timing of when you eat has essentially no effect on how your body processes it (though it may affect your hunger and other hormonal things).

blox

rate

should I do OHP instead of smith machine? and if so, 5x5?
Should I also do 5x5 bench press instead rather than that?

are the legs portion too much?

I usually deadlift only 3 sets. 1 for warm up 2 for real (5 reps only)

Attached: routine.png (1296x534, 41K)

What exercises accentuate the vertical line between your abs? I used to have it some 5-10 years ago but can't seem to get it back.

I also do arnold press rather than raises and the other exercise. sometimes i do the raises

any good shoulder exercises ? (with sets and reps)

Attached: AGJA.png (712x1080, 1.47M)

On shoulders1 I do BB OHP, 3x5
On shoulders2 I do DB OHP, 5x8-20, since I'm just going for volume that day.
Also do front shoulder raises for high reps, lateral shoulder raises for high reps, upright rows w/ a smith machine, DB and BB shrugs, and hanging leg raises (hits core and shoulder stabilizers), french press, and OH tricep extensions either with a cable or DB (imagine you're unsheathing a sword).
Granted, I have a whole shoulder day and don't necessarily do all of these every time, but they are exercises to consider and you cand find the ones you like most.

I’m doing PHUL and there’s no core work, where/how should I add it in?

I know some other user answered this in a previous thread, can’t find the answer though.

Attached: AEFABF9E-CA5F-4677-9316-7EEDEECB8806.jpg (720x960, 113K)

What does it mean if I develop red spots on my hands like pic related after doing heavy bench presses or deadlifts? It's not from the knurling, the indentations from that are always higher up on the palm.

Attached: palm.jpg (612x385, 44K)

Do you press your fingers into the pad of your hand when you grip the bar?

are these bad quality calories?
I sometimes replace my dinner with a bowl of that with 2% milk and hemp hearts for added protein.

Attached: cereal.png (947x616, 233K)

Poorfag here. Can't afford gym memberships and refuse to go to planet fatass
Where's the best place to buy a weight bench with a bar and plates?

I have a question Jow Forums

Fatass here. Lost about 30kg since last year and still have about 20kgs to go, 188cm/6'2, currently at 110kg. I'm now combining a keto warrior diet and SL 5x5, with chinups and pushdowns added. What I usually do is I don't eat all day, hit the gym, come home and gorge down my 1900kcal. I eat the same thing every day. I have counted every microgram of every nutrition, so I know I'm consistently getting enough of everything. I'm just wondering if what I'm doing is healthy, or if I'm going to have to change something later when things get heavier.

I basically just use weight training as a means to purge the body of glycogen and boost lipolysis, building muscle or gaining strength is not the priority atm. Thoughts?

Thanks, worry wolf.

When should I include deadlift with a hexbar to my routine? Or is it not worth it over traditional?
My gym got one today so I figured I could give it a try.

> just use test
My natty test gives me roid rage

bulk or cut?
5’10 167 lbs

lifts are shit

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 625K)

>bulk or cut?
Start lifting.

Bulk and lift hard for at least a year, you're DYEL

What are the best things to eat while in calorie deficit but getting a lot of protein?

Attached: swulk.jpg (300x222, 16K)

that pic is after lifting for a year, up 30 lbs from last year (this pic)

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 200K)

My squat is approaching the 400s and my deadlift the 500s.
My Overhead press seems to vary from 125-155 depending on how Im feeling.
I row 225x5

I cannot bench more than 200lbs and I have no idea why. I've added more benching, I've ate more, and I have been and will continue to work on technique.

Someone please unfuck my bench with one weird trick.

I'm thinking of buying a portable pull up bar. How much depth do I need there to be on the frame of the door for most of them? Also, is there any particular one Jow Forums would suggest buying?

wristlet here I fucked up my wrist from trying to sort of clean/reverse curl a dumbbell with essentially just my left arm to bring it up for overhead presses and now my wrist hurts when I do any curl variation, pullups, chinups, and when i rotate it. Should I keep working out on the movements that it doesn't hurt to do like pressing and squats?

Attached: hand.jpg (750x1334, 142K)

Don't do a beginner program on a deficit unless you're overweight. You'll find it harder to progress and won't get any muscle off it. Surplus or bust

I just started lifting again in April (couldn't for some shitty medical stuff for almost 10 years). As I'm slowly ramping up the weight, I notice my lower back straining more than it should to keep good form. What are some good exercises to build up the low back / core so keeping good form isn't so hard on the back? I've only got dumbbells and a flat bench, no bar. Or is this a case of slow down there weight increases and it will fix itself?

Goodmornings using the dumbells
Reverse hyper -- using the bench and eventually holding a dumbel with your feet.

How do I cope with aspergers syndrome?

Attached: adam.jpg (600x829, 45K)

Post lifts
Do more volume, but also vary your rep/set ranges
Be sure to do pumpers/finishers and weighted stretches

I want to develop a stronger core through calisthenics. While I run a program like SS 3 days a week, can I do ab exercises on my rest days?

Attached: 1529627004893.png (320x320, 115K)

Yup.
You can also do light work in general.
Think quick, 20 minute, calisthenics circuits. Break a sweat but don't beat yourself. If at any point making progress becomes difficult, scale this work back. If scaling down doesn't help -- start doing light, weight training on your off days. Again, breaking a sweat but not busting your ass.

much appreciated

Let's say I'm on a cut and didn't go over my calorie limit while drinking alcohol, but had to add extra protein after drinking (still within calorie limit).
Would the alcohol be detrimental my fat loss?

how do i easily get calluses on my palms ive got thick ones on all my fingers but my palms are still like babyskin

Vans or converse as cheap lifting shoes?

ohp 95x5
bench 150x5
squat 210x5
dl 245x5

could probably increase volume for chest, feel like it’s lacking the most

Will zyzz ever come back to us? I miss him bros, there are too many sad cunts in the world.

Attached: 5cdc1227aa97b0c3b5644a38e56cc0e0.jpg (502x799, 45K)

How do you train legs at home? I only have a bench, pullup bar, barbell and dumbells

Converse, Vans aren't cheap. Walmart also sells knock-off converse that are just as good.

why do you want calluses

Yes, of course it would be. Alcohol is literally poison. Avoid alcohol as much as possible outside of social situations.

leave Jow Forums forever, your aspergers will be cured

The wrist is pretty essential in any press, I wouldn't recommend it. Be gentle with it.

I use an iron gym one. It'd say you need at-least a quarter of an inch on the door frame for it to secure properly, a third of an inch or half-inch would be better.

my only complaint for most pull up pars are that they're sub-optimal for chin ups due to pushing the inner grips too glose together for most guys.

>I've added more benching, I've ate more, and I have been and will continue to work on technique.
>OHP is 125-155
That OHP is working weight? Or a 1RM? Either way your lower body clearly is blowing your upper out of proportion. You need to either add more volume or more intensity to your chest and shoulders.

I mean shit, I OHP 120 and am only squatting 250.

Jesus christ you people are hopeless. JUST READ THE FUCKING LABELS WOW

>to purge the body of glycogen and boost lipolysis
you have fallen for the meme.

>can't afford a gym membership
>wants to buy a bar and plates
dude a gym membership is far cheaper than a home gym for literal years.

Attached: 1497207703550.jpg (628x787, 53K)

the digits already willed it user

>my only complaint for most pull up pars are that they're sub-optimal for chin ups due to pushing the inner grips too glose together for most guys.

Hmmm. That's a bit concerning, since I'm planning to use them for chin-ups most of all. Thanks for the answer, though.

Is two hours too long to spend in the gym? I'm always work my muscles to failure. For example I try to do some extra bench presses at the end and if I can't do a full 8 reps then I know I worked out good. My muscles are always sore the next day.