ITT: UNIRONICALLY, LITERALLY useless exercises

ITT: UNIRONICALLY, LITERALLY useless exercises

Attached: fag with a dumbbell.jpg (1024x768, 993K)

its pretty decent for warming up for bench/ohp if you do it with the cables

any form of bent over rows are useless though when pic related and chin ups exist

why the fuck would you strain your lower back is beyond me

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

I never understood how you retards post a picture of a "useless exercise" yet every time, the guy in the picture is shredded or ripped.

How can you be so fucking stupid

Attached: 1532063510582.png (575x548, 98K)

brainlet

Well he certainly didn't get ripped from doing a bicep static hold with a 5lb dumbbell.

>implying he got ripped by holding up 5lb

Lay off the crayons man

Attached: mmmm-grayons-31350775.png (500x533, 66K)

I will never understand people who do this shit
like do they not have a basic understanding of how gravity works?
how joints and muscles work? I mean I would assume this to be basic instinct and it comes with the human brain starter pack but apparently some people need to be taught this stuff
wow

I saw a personal trainer doing it once.

??? That is a great way to warm up the rotator cuff before benching

It's for the rotator cuff you dip, it's not for the bicep

No it's not. Think about it for a second. Which way is the shoulder moving and where is the resistance? You may as well not be using any dumbbell.

>He doesn't know the difference between vertical and horizontal pull.

my fucking gym threw this out. They dont replace any of the deadlift mats either so the bar always rolls every rep

this exercise should be done sideways, on the floor, with knees and hips bent at 90 degrees

this is a great exercise if you're an athlete who throws or need to use your rotator cuff in any way i.e. lacrosse, hockey, basketball, etc.

Effective rotator cuff exercise are with a cable and arent just resisting gravity

Attached: 21777a4cb5b5419820083a21b383370e[1].jpg (1142x1518, 204K)

Cringe.

I've literally never seen an impressive looking natty who does conventional deadlifts.
Squats? Plenty, but conventiona deadlifts are 100% useless.

While the dumbbell version may be shit the cable version took me benching pain away

Cringe.

Nuh uh I said it first.

Im talking about you, poop dick

Attached: 1532445897971.jpg (300x300, 13K)

what’s the point of the weight in a gravity-eliminated position such as this
do this with a cable or abduct your shoulder to 90 and do your 180 degree ir/er rotations there for an actual warmup

Attached: EA9FE7BC-0C9C-4510-9F69-9740A6F41097.jpg (980x1321, 218K)

Works for me :)

I actually carry around a point-and-shoot film camera, and regularly take pictures of people in public to add to my own cringe compilation. I make sure the flash is on and say "SNAP" when I do it.
The following is a list of situations in which I've added people to my cringe compilation:

1. A man I was secretly watching at the gym was unable to complete a full set during his workout (I was counting) and at an unimpressive weight no less.
2. An elderly woman on the bus dropped her change while attempting to pay for a ticket.
3. The gentleman making my sandwiches at subway had to ask for clarification no less than 3 times during the sandwich creation process.
4. My waitress became visibly upset after I refused to tip her for providing merely adequate service. I should not be forced to provide additional compensation regardless of the amount of food she served me and the time I spent dining.
5. I regularly pretend to add women to my cringe compilation when in actuality I am taking pictures of their feet.

The picture I've included with my post is Charizard, he is my favourite Pokemon and is NOT in my cringe compilation.

Attached: 337408C8-AAE6-4825-B487-C44E707BE568.jpg (250x250, 22K)

Attached: 1532454256739.png (457x367, 108K)

Not even commenting on the point if your post, but literally all of weightlifting is resisting gravity. Gotta use a different metaphor

Why is he doing a rotator cuff mobility exercise standing up? Faggot!

Attached: trollfrog.jpg (499x499, 49K)

The delts and rotator cuff have work isometrically for stabilization, try it yourself and you'll see a difference, not the best but not completely useless for warmups.
Cables or band are better

>guy is ripped so they can do no wrong
idiot

I used to do this with bands in physical therapy after I had shoulder surgery.

With bands or a cable its fine. The problem is if you're do it standing up with a dumbbell at your side the resistance is just pulling on your bicep, not your shoulder. If you're want to do it with a dumbbell your have to do it lying down.

Fucking love chest supported rows. I find pendlay rows so awkward.

i've never seen a good body transformation from this one.

Attached: the virgin lift.jpg (1188x1028, 97K)

Its for stretching your shoulders and rotator cuffs you absolute brainlet

Attached: 1527719609644.jpg (588x823, 109K)

The only thing you're stretching there is your bicep.

wrong whyd you bother to put a "." if youre gonna talk out of your ass you dumb mouthbreather

Too true, that lift is 90% bone length. Also fatties love it.

Which direction is your shoulder moving? Horizontally right? Which way is the dumbbell pulling your arm? Which muscle is resisting the weight? Think about this one user. You can do it.

"lemme take a pic of a completely ineffective exercise, post it online, then go do an effective one"
you okay son

Attached: 0mfay069y0x01.png (842x792, 82K)

Literally every normalfag goes to the gym and does these fucking things for like an hour straight.

Attached: dumbbell row.jpg (650x305, 29K)

Actually it's
"lemme take a pic of me moving a weight because it doesnt matter HOW you move it right, post it online, then go shoot up some more steroids"

if you're doing it like that it doesn't do anything,
here's the correct form

Attached: worm_deadlift.jpg (1004x662, 146K)

Based and redpilled. Hex bar is the way

There's no force acting on the rotator cuff if you do the exercise like depicted in the image. All the force is parallel to the axis of the movement, which means you are doing all the work you are doing is against air resistance and rotational inertia (not that much anyway). You should instead use cables or elastic bands.

This without any irony whatsoever

Attached: 0F666DCE-2192-4382-859E-72F687D3F58B.gif (628x419, 2.71M)

You big gay boi. Only manlets hate it beacuse they get BTFO by deadlifts.

bait

sometimes girls do them and i can spy their cleavage

My buddy does these super heavy and he has massive rear delts. I hate these though because they're so unintuitive. Whatever works for you i guess.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

based and redpilled

>unexpected kek

thanks for the pasta

Attached: 1519760019506.jpg (631x677, 373K)

t. backlets

The guy in OP's pic is a retard

Attached: 480246107592_instagram_2018-01-02_11-51-32_25006920_301208567034832_466540354376564736_n.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

>What is "almost every god damn ATHLEAN-X video"?

Attached: 1501082950013.jpg (1188x1028, 38K)

>that 30 year old boomer who comes to the gym to do this exercise and foam roll for 30 mins

>what are bands?

i cannot fucking do these

his lumbar actually seems fine in this
but that thoracic flexion will make lockouts hard as fuck and is inefficient

Attached: 1440071920578.jpg (768x876, 84K)

This guy knows what's up

Every isolation exercise.

Attached: Alternating-Dumbbell-Curls.jpg (1256x800, 30K)

fuckin lmao

if you know how to execute them perfectly, they are very good.
the problem is that, just like the barbell press, it's a very technical move and it takes a lot of time to execute them correctly with heavy load

Attached: 1532491582605.jpg (680x446, 44K)

any arm isolatoon exercise is retarded and a waste of time. it's no mistery that curls are the preferred lift for normies. they literally spend hours doing this shit.
if you go heavy on your compounds arm development will follow

HARDEST PILL TO SWALLOW FOR GYMCELS
virgin spotted

Squatting is the biggest meme exercise

Attached: 97e1820419e7199f070ed455e78f6520.png (436x614, 577K)

>that haircut

Attached: 1465940950279.jpg (759x508, 110K)

That is true but when you become more advanced isolation is required to progress

>can't even lift the bar

DYEL

I make big gains, you just big gay.

Attached: 37A358C0-B2E9-441E-9FE2-37F4A5B0121F.jpg (680x402, 31K)

>why the fuck would you strain your lower back is beyond me

to strengthen it maybe? Jesus Christ brainless like you need to be culled

Based and redpilled

Are the feet supposed to be planted close together? I plant mine shoulder width apart

that is a horizontal pull

My doctor said squats are pointless and really bad for you, and instead told me to use dumbells and basically do lunges.

Should I just ignore him?

>manlets hate it
it's the other way around. Manlets love it, since it's a rack pull for them, when it's a deadlift for everyone else.

That dude is clearly on roids my man.
Studies have shown that guys on roids who didnt workout made more gains than natty guys working out. The study gets posted on this board all the time. Doing anything while on roids will get you some gains.
You also have to remember that all this insta fitness people need to come up with new retarded shit all the time for retarded normies who dont know better so they can make fat stacks.
Have you ever even been to a gym? Theres always some big guy who does something retarded, his persistance has netted him some gains, but his retard exercises will fuck him up when he gets older.

Attached: 1526836563749.jpg (720x720, 98K)

They're pieces of rubber tube or strap used to create resistance for exercises

I think during military press they should be close. But it's only a type of overhead press. You can have you feet shoulder apart, or one can be more placed in the front and other in the back, your arms are variable too

>If you go heavy on your compounds arm development will follow
To an extent. Your arms will look bigger than a DYELs, but smaller than someone that directly trains them often

doing that with a resistance band instead is the tits for shoulder p/rehab

i don't do arm workouts. i feel at 5'11 having massive arms makes me smaller.

>not deadlifting
>caring about “transformations” and not growth
I see about as much body change from diddlys as squats. If you’re on gear it’s easy to see, if you aren’t it’s not.

Attached: 000E275D-5A83-4626-943C-D6D0EAAFEE09.png (500x225, 187K)

Teres major and minor are what is resisting the weight if you are lying down, IE doing the exercise properly. If you are standing up or sitting down like a retard then it’s your bicep/front delt & enough rotator cuff to be uncomfortable but not really do anything.

Attached: 744EC565-278F-48F1-80FF-BE792F3A4BEC.jpg (320x405, 45K)

>he has small shoulders

Attached: 57F2C3FE-729A-4DFA-AFE1-293556981442.png (2118x1276, 570K)

>The picture I've included with my post is Charizard, he is my favourite Pokemon and is NOT in my cringe compilation.
rofl

True. Why do Normies do this when chin ups exist? Can you bicep curl more than your own body? If you can, then bicep curls seem like a good idea. If you can’t, then there’s literally no fucking reason to ever do them.

>not doing this
enjoy your dislocated shoulder if you ever fall on you arm

wrong, my surgeon made these part of my mandatory mobility regimen after shoulder surgery, and has recommended that I continue the routine even when fully recovered.

Imagine someone falling for this bait ahah

by strain I mean put it in an uncompromising position

lemme guess you started lifting 2 weeks ago?
good luck fitting a 225+ bent over row and deadlift into your program without fucking up your back

Generally I wouldn't recommend it, but I'm pretty sure in the military press you stand with feet together in order to prevent cheating the rep with any contribution from leg bend.

>and has recommended that I continue the routine even when fully recovered.
because you never fully recover from a shoulder injury.

my elementary physics teacher told me this type of movement does 0 work against gravity

Attached: med_1473908584_image.jpg (640x427, 65K)

t. leglet