Anyone here play an instrument...

Anyone here play an instrument? I've been on and off playing guitar but I don't see myself getting better what about you?

Attached: download (2).jpg (284x177, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R62x8QaAugk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I play a tuba in my local band.

Guitar

You really have to learn the chord progressions and scales, and get good at finding songs that are just challenging enough that you like.

I play trumpet and I'm trying to teach myself drums

I play tuba too

The Trombone on occasion

Same, OP. I learn chords but I don't know how to do anything subtle. I like classical guitar but only own a steel string. I'm also pretty sure I fucked my hearing via headphones and I was already tonedeaf so I guess it's hopeless.

Do you follow fat people around?

Hmm....

Do you chase ambulances waiting for the right moment to steal the show?

virgin guitar player vs chad bassist

I'm learning guitar too. Been playing for 2 months, i think i'm getting good pretty fast but i still can't play most songs i like, there's still a long way before i start shredding that shit

Attached: guitar.jpg (800x1024, 212K)

I play guitar. I've spent most of my teens practicing alone in my bedroom so I've got some technical skills, used my autism to fuel my extremely repetitive practice sessions.
I'm not as good as I'd like to be, but I lost the will to practice a long time ago. Now I just noodle out once in a blue moon.

If guitar is too hard just play bass

Am I a Virgin Chad if I play both, and also keyboard?

Attached: 1504719550267.gif (840x488, 511K)

I just want to be able to do shit like this
youtu.be/R62x8QaAugk

What do I do if I want to start learning guitar?

what kind of songs do you want to play?

I play the bass clarinet family, (bass, contrabass) and electric bass and bari sax.

Any really

im going for thar david gilmour playstyle

Being a poorfag who plays guitar is suffering.
>want a jaguar, mustang, jazzmaster, les paul, sg and prs
>only have a Mexican strat with ceramic pickups and an old superstrat I don't like

Attached: 1525209239752.jpg (1920x1080, 822K)

I spent a decent bit of money on guitars, amps, and pedals, and now I play a $100 Telecaster copy that sounds good through a $90 Vox modeling amp made of plastic. Work with what you got, better gear won't make you a better player. Just make sure the intonation is good on your guitar.

i'm learning on a strat rippoff brand, if you're good and just play for fun you don't need expensive guitars

Attached: disapointed pepe.jpg (250x241, 7K)

No but I can play the opening to NGE on my tromboner

These.
You can tell someone is new if they have an obsession with offset Fenders. There's nothing wrong with offset Fenders, but hipster newbies adore them for some reason. Tonewise, you can push any guitar to what you want it to sound like.

Attached: 1531300095517.jpg (214x243, 17K)

mexi strats sound good though user
and you can always change the pickups super ez if you want

You do want a guitar that sounds and plays decent though. After a while you'll want to move up to something like a Schecter in terms of build quality. After playing on a decent quality guitar for a while the flaws of a starter guitar are apparent, even if you can shred on it.

I've been learning piano and guitar for the past couple of years but only began taking it seriously a month or so ago. I've also started composing electronic music. It's a great hobby.

i fuck with online music programs, which is mostly synths and drum machines
i have a mate who plays guitar. we've been meaning to get together but we're too lazy
and no i have no material as i am too lazy

I play the clarinet lad. Have been since I was 9. 26 year old boomer now, but I sure can play a mean rendition of Galactic Storm.

cello, trumpet, and horn. I for sure see myself getting better because I really like those instruments. It helps if you play something you're fond of.

I played guitar and drums for a long time but then when I left the country my uncle stole my guitar and my entire drum set and sold them both.

He's a homeless drunk now so I can't really get any restitution but I also can't afford to buy new instruments so I haven't played in a few years.

Attached: 1506204123009.gif (696x478, 1.51M)

I've been playing classical piano for 12 years now and it's by far one of my favorite ways to spend the time.

Attached: Glenn-Gould-Source-Unknown.jpg (1500x1000, 305K)

i play both what am i

Attached: image.jpg (210x230, 44K)

Also, don't feel bad if you feel you're not improving, user. It takes years of consistency and dedication to become truly proficient in an instrument (unless you're just talking about learning to play a few guitar chords).