I'm 24 years old. Am I too old to join a sport...

I'm 24 years old. Am I too old to join a sport? My shitty parents never allowed me to join one so I would be a complete beginner. If I joined tennis now would I be the retarded outcast that can't play or would people actually welcome me?

Attached: tumblr_nxm01hl9zc1r7jzi9o1_1280.jpg (640x746, 96K)

You can join a sport.
But I would reccomend a varsity team at a local college or university.

No reason not to give it a shot, if you're not obese or anything you should be able to get to at least a moderate level of skill within a year. I don't thinking picking up a sport is ever off the table really, my childhood doctor was playing tennis into his 90s.

In sports, no one gives a shit about the superficial if you're good. I'm an autist who never talks but I can nail a 3-pointer like 80% of the time, so people like that about me on the court.

>Am I too old to join a sport?
No.
>If I joined tennis now would I be the retarded outcast that can't play or would people actually welcome me?
You would probably be paying membership so they would welcome you.

Afaik tennis beginners either are

if it's just recreational then sure

sports that require more cardiovascular strength can be done at pretty much any age, for example cycling, swimming or running. Stuff that requires innate strength is going to be harder since your developmental years are past you, a good example of that is rock climbing. Kids that started rock climbing around puberty develop much stronger tendons in their fingers than adults can. That's not to say an adult still can't become a powerful rock climber, but they will never be at the top.

I'm 27 now, so I fucking hope so.

A good sport at your age is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
I am 23 years old and have been doing BJJ for a few months.
The beginner class I attend is almost entirely male and mostly my age (mid 20s). Friendly guys as well, generally.

It's a relatively effective martial art (when fighting only one person) and is the bedrock of a lot of MMA fighters skillset.

Thanks everyone. This definitely culled my hesitation. I'm in good shape but I'm not trying to go to the olympics, I just want a hobby and some social contact. I think I'll practice a little extra the first year so I get my skill level up a bit.

Here's another ass, anons

Attached: 1486913970157.jpg (2448x2628, 920K)

Go to Thailand and join one of the million boxing gyms, and stay in one of the shitty $200/month inns

join sports you wont regret it. some sports have a learning curve that make them harder to learn starting off such as hockey where you have to learn how to skate first or snow boarding but sports that just require sprinting or good endurance are will probably be easier for starting off

I'm googling around now but I'm thinking badminton. Apparently it's very easy to pick up and get good at and I did play it a little bit with friends as a child.

Badminton might not be a good choice because no old people are into in.
One tennis-esque game I just remembered about is paddel (very popular where i go to college, already seen 3 of my teachers practise it) or squash (this one tends to be more classy and expensive, but if you have the money and autism sets in, you can play alone). Good luck fella

No, user. You REALLY should join -- I'm not being sarcastic at all. Pursue what you want. Soon, you'll be old and you'll regret everything that you always wanted to do but never did.

Never heard of those sports but I'll look into it. Thanks, user
I know. You're right. I'm still thinking about what I'll do but I'm definitely joining something. And if it sucks I'll just join another sport until I got something good

Not OP. How does an adult not in college join a sports team?

Attached: o6a2ap.jpg (1280x890, 110K)

im surprised I never realized before none of you played sports. of course youre afraid of your shadows you've never been physical in life.

I have a friend who took up fencing at 30 and spent the next year losing to literal 12 year old girls.

Fast forward 2 years, he is in better physical shape than he has ever been in his entire life.

Depends where you live. Are you in a city?

I live just outside of NYC in NJ.

Yeah, but don't do a ball sport because that shit's for kids and you'll never be good at it. Do something like running, swimming, outdoorsy stuff or whatever.

Maybe you can do golf.

>need someone to play sports with
Like what i can play with all by myself, seems cutting out much options like tennis or anything with pairs.

Attached: images.jpg (225x224, 8K)