Drumming - good, solid cardio for musicfags looking to do something while they're not lifting, or just fun?

Drumming - good, solid cardio for musicfags looking to do something while they're not lifting, or just fun?

Attached: Drumming-Explained-600x446.jpg (600x442, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nCWiogdCMY0
youtu.be/z3MUeu9wsQY?t=3m25s
youtube.com/watch?v=n9FQzUS1MSs
youtube.com/watch?v=g-9XmfZsqHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess its cardio, but you’ll have to do a lot of drumming, i mean like at leadt an hour, and intense drumming, for it to be any worth other than fun. All the drummerfags i know looked a bit leaner than normalfags but they also didn’t lift and drank too much beer. It mostly works your shins and arm/shoulder

If someone did an hour at a time with fairly intense music and built up decent enough of a sweat, it'd be pretty good? Intense as in either fast old rock or metal or jazz

Drummerfag here.

Ideally you don’t want to use any more energy than necessary when playing. It’s great for warming up for the gym though as it gets your muscles nice and loose. Drumming after leg day sucks ass though because my legs are sore as fuck and using the pedals can start to hurt after a while.

Not a replacement but a good supplement for your exercise.

I play drums almost every day, and I'm wondering if just doing it for an hour at a time instead of only 20-30 minutes. I lift every other day, and I'm skinnyfat, so any extra cardio would help.

Attached: body 62518.jpg (3024x2934, 2.06M)

youtube.com/watch?v=nCWiogdCMY0
You tell me faggo, this guys does this kind of practice everyday for hours

Yeah if you are sweating a lot then it’s good. Like sweat is flying off you. Try for at least twice a week to drum. It’s good anyway to have other hobbies so don’t stop doing it just because it’s not the most effective cardio

youtu.be/z3MUeu9wsQY?t=3m25s

Dirk style

What the fuck. Are you lifting 2 lb weights? What are you eating? You should look much better than that if you are as active as you say. I can not see any hint of muscle on you and user it worries me. Eat more. Get all your vitamins. Do an hr instead of 20 min

Zach Hill, says playing drums is almost all he does I think. Do you think a body like this is possible by just playing drums?youtube.com/watch?v=n9FQzUS1MSs

I know - it's pretty fucking bad.
Funnily enough, my strength seems to be upping - my deadlift was like 125 at the end of last month, and now it's up to 150 comfortably.
I'm eating chicken, rice, broccoli, multigrains, natural peanut butter with monounsaturates out the ass, and protein powder. And water.
I take a multivitamin in the morning just in case I miss anything, and I'm going to start upping my cardio just to burn some of this soft shit off.

Ok your diet and stuff seems pretty good. You should double what you’re eating now. You look too thin to sustain muscle growth, but maybe you hve already started eating more. You need to bulk up and not just burn the soft shit off. Did you recently start lifting?

Consistently, yes. I tried bulking and lifting progressively heavier for about 2 months at the start of this year, but stuff got in the way, burn now I can just settle down and focus on getting myself better.
I’m about 2 weeks into eating 100% clean, and 2.5 into lifting

Ahhh ok makes sense. I’d thought you’d been lifting and stuff for like 5 months or something. I looked closer at your pic again, and can see some growth in your shoulders and arms. Keep doing what you’re doing. And you can bulk from drumming alone but it would be a lot of drumming consistently over some years, with the gains you get from lugging yuur gear everywhere and setting up other shit for shows. All the professional jazz drummers i know who just show up and don’t carry shit, are stick beanpoles.

It's only cardio if you are playing fast as fuck double kick black metal and death metal beats preferably not playing the soft way people play with triggers

Gotcha, and thank you! The drumming would mainly be for cardio, general health, and fun, and wouldn't interrupt my lifting program.
Here's where I'm at currently - no real changes, but I'm down from around 164-165 to 156-157

Attached: body 72718.jpg (3024x3390, 2.03M)

This kind of shit is cardio if you do it until you genuinely feel exhausted. The only people who consider regular rock drumming cardio though are fat asses
I'm overweight and fast drumming doesn't even make me tired very fast at all

Also my back feels solid and stronger - all my workouts are improving, too. The weight goes up every lifting day, so I’m just going to keep at what I’m doing for maybe 3-4 months and see where I’m at then.

I play guitar and bass, program drums. Always kinda wanted to play but I never had the space for a kit and I didn't want an electric one.

If you want some cardio try this jingle youtube.com/watch?v=g-9XmfZsqHE
Love this stuff.

Used to drum. Had pretty good looking triceps and shoulders. Too bad I was totally dyel then

I bang on my kit 4-5 days out of the week.
It's electric though so I can't really make any more progress everything is rubber and the pedals suck ass.
I don't call it cardio but I enjoy it enough to mess around for an hour or so and hit the gym a little bit later.