What is your personal favorite anime series or OVA?

What is your personal favorite anime series or OVA?

Attached: B9A31C33-14FB-4D63-A72B-145511E2C072.jpg (633x356, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/207061026
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Chobitsu desu, one of the few good anime left unclaimed by the ironics chiii

Attached: chii.jpg (400x342, 29K)

I don't watch much anime. The only one I finished was Kill la Kill, so I guess that one

Attached: 7783304D-DB61-4343-A6BF-A7CAA86FC81B.jpg (360x517, 79K)

The Hidamari apartments are a spiritual home to me.

Attached: Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 1.12.31 AM.png (1280x800, 999K)

Eureka seven
Apparently that alone not original enough so I have to leave this sentence. Good anime, you should watch.

Attached: mpv_2017-12-27_00-17-35.png (860x730, 884K)

I personally think Serial Experiments Lain is the best.

Attached: 1377679825.jpg (550x550, 265K)

Crest of the Stars

Attached: 936e7b359cb8ccd01f84e9451dbdf635.jpg (818x1200, 263K)

kyoani stuff is pretty hit and miss for me but i love this show.

this isn't /a/. you don't need to pretend to like that pretentious snorefest.

forgot pic
autistic girls cant be this cute in real life unfortunately

Attached: rikka.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Berserk 1997. The manga is obviously better, but even with its flaws, it beats out all other contenders in my eyes.
Shame it's getting raped in the new adaptation (2016-xxxx).

Attached: images.jpg (470x313, 36K)

Space Dandy
vimeo.com/207061026

>like something I don't therefore it's bad
k.

Ajin

>like something someone else doesn't like therefore it's good
k.

>like something someone else doesn't like therefore it's good
correct

I'm sensing a lot of classic bogus opinions in this thread.

There are many signs anime fans will have a bogus opinion. You can tell for example when someone gets their ideas from anime websites or even places like Jow Forums, and I'd rarely ever take an opinion from here seriously, let alone some other places.

Here are a few important ones:
-Primarily liking anime made after around 2010/posting it.
-They think Touhou has anything to do with anime.
-Never read a manga in their life other than maybe Shonen Jump.
-They think Inuyasha or Dragonball is old and obscure while complaining about the artwork.
-They talk about Eva constantly but mostly waifufagging and they don't recognize a picture of Anno and think Gainax is a dish soap.
-They think Haruhi was a good series.
-They buy tons of stuff. Telltale sign of a newb.
-They hate Western cartoons and always talk about how their moeshit is more profound.
-They have never seen Azumanga.
-They think sports or racing anime are bad without ever giving them a chance because they think True Otaku hate those things.
-They actually brag about being an Otaku or Hikki.
-They've never seen anime in a real theater but only on their computers.
-They don't know who Tezuka is.
-The insult gaiafag makes no sense to them because they're from the reddit generation.
-They think space operas are corny and not the highest form of art.
-They watch anime for the jokes and have no respect for Japanese culture beyond what the idealized version in anime looks like.

Attached: 1395162943997.jpg (846x1512, 676K)

you need to settle down

>he unironically thinks eva is deep and worth discussing
stopped reading there.
also most manga is garbage. the way it's produced is probably a big part of that.

>Heh look at all these bakagaijins

Attached: I RABBU YOU KANTO.png (722x720, 648K)

Y I K E S

Mr Anime over here

Attached: 1530277680533.jpg (527x705, 49K)

>Primarily liking anime made after around 2010/posting it.
Literally nothing wrong with this. Animation quality continues to get better every year and there's at least a couple of decent shows each season.
>They think Touhou has anything to do with anime.
Well it is an anime themed game.
>Never read a manga in their life other than maybe Shonen Jump.
All the good manga get's made into anime so what's the point?
>They think Inuyasha or Dragonball is old and obscure while complaining about the artwork.
They are old and the artwork is shit by todays standards. Doesn't mean they're bad shows of course.
>They talk about Eva constantly but mostly waifufagging and they don't recognize a picture of Anno and think Gainax is a dish soap.
If a show has no substance then it's only natural people will resort to wafuifagging when it's discussed.
>They think Haruhi was a good series.
It's not.
>They buy tons of stuff. Telltale sign of a newb.
Maybe they just have a lot of disposable income and like collecting shit? Not everyone is a NEET like you.
>They hate Western cartoons and always talk about how their moeshit is more profound.
There's only like 4 (maybe 5?) western cartoons worth watching in existence.
>They have never seen Azumanga.
Who?
>They think sports or racing anime are bad without ever giving them a chance because they think True Otaku hate those things.
I highly doubt that.
>They actually brag about being an Otaku or Hikki.
Probably just in denial.
>They've never seen anime in a real theater but only on their computers.
There's no difference.
>They don't know who Tezuka is.
From Katawa Shoujo?
>The insult gaiafag makes no sense to them because they're from the reddit generation.
Ok?
>They think space operas are corny and not the highest form of art.
Lol.
>They watch anime for the jokes and have no respect for Japanese culture beyond what the idealized version in anime looks like.
Cringe.

>Primarily liking anime made after around 2010/posting it.
>The insult gaiafag makes no sense to them because they're from the reddit generation.
This is just hating on youngfags for existing. They didn't do anything wrong just by being born 5+ years after you did. It's not that weird to not know what a gaiafag is, nobody talks about that anymore.
>They watch anime for the jokes and have no respect for Japanese culture beyond what the idealized version in anime looks like.
It's possible to watch anime for the jokes while also acknowledging it is not at all a true reflection of what Japan is like.
>They've never seen anime in a real theater but only on their computers.
You say this but then you also look down on people who buy stuff, those two opinions are incompatible. Unless you meant "stuff" like figures and posters instead of anime itself, which I think means you are pretty into the medium and not a "newb".
>They buy tons of stuff. Telltale sign of a newb.
And god forbid a western doesn't 100% leech the anime industry by streaming/torrenting/downloading every single thing. Having a crunchyroll sub barely does anything yes but it's still something.

Evangelion *is* deep and worth discussing. But out of curiosity, name a couple anime you think are more worth discussing?

Attached: mpv-shot0003.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

>the current state of ironic twitter weeaboos
don't even post on this site if you haven't seen this before you Jow Forums2animeirl4me cockheads

>Evangelion *is* deep and worth discussing
original *snap*
I remember thinking that too when I was 15.

This pasta causes a shitstorm whenever it is posted kek

2hufag bringing the bullshit as usual

Not my fault you got assblasted for being a fag about anime

It is accurate though. Most people on this board are genuine ironic weebs.

>ironic weebs
this isn't a real thing dude. you need to calm down.

Genocyber will probably always be my favourite anime. It's fucking incredible. The designs are 10/10, and Ohata's direction goes beyond action. He can really make his big moments hit with an impact. All three parts of Genocyber have fantastic endings. I think Ohata will one day be recognised as a super-underrated talent.

I also really liked Lain. It's cooler if you're into the older, really weird Japanese cyberpunk stuff too. Without 'Death Powder' there would probably be no Lain.

Attached: Genocyber_04[10bit-h.264-AAC][SSP-Corp][99572539].mkv_snapshot_03.23_[2018.06.07_19.47.24].jpg (720x480, 35K)

fuck you it is. youre just upset you fit the bill

Attached: this.jpg (1927x2720, 1.76M)

just posting some genocyber

Attached: Genocyber_05[10bit-h.264-AAC][SSP-Corp][5AD66B25].mkv_snapshot_04.21_[2018.06.07_20.01.34].jpg (720x480, 103K)

What he posted is older than you are you fucking wankstain. The fact that you don't know this means you shouldn't be posting here.

ironic weeb is a /v/ thing they're called 02 weebs or 4th generation western otaku

>google knwon copy pasta
>heh i have rights to now call you a newfag
fuck off retard

westerner*
You didn't name any more worth discussing anime. If one doesn't think Eva is deep then I find it hard to believe one could think more than a tiny handful of all other anime ever made are deep. To me, it's like reading Lord of the Rings and calling it a garbage high fantasy novel. Such an extreme opinion.
I should've guessed it was a copypasta. Nobody could come up with so many points on the spot like that 15 minutes after the thread was made.

>haha i knew the copy sauce pasta
>"hehe you knew it so that means you googled it because i have never seen it before and got mad about it"
Okay retard, fuck off back to wherever the fuck you came from.

>quotes when greentexting
ironic

I'm sorry that my life isn't so dull that I remember or have seen every copy pasta posted on this site.

Obscure older pastas truly are the tastiest

I really like Tenshi no Tamago. A lot of people call it pretentious and to be honest it kind of is, but i still love it none the less.

Attached: girl.gif (499x282, 497K)

Favorite to come out in recent years was the second season of this show. I didn't think it would be even better than the first season, but damn.

I guess my favorite of all time is still Shinsekai Yori, though.

Attached: 3-gatsu no lion.jpg (1920x1080, 575K)

Shinsekai Yori is excellent (except for the two unholy episodes because holy fuck that shit was wack).

A split between Legend of Galactic heroes because of its grand storytelling and Armoured Trooper Votoms because it tells a tragic story of a shattered man. I'm not much into moe or slice of life, I don't feel relief when watching it, I just want to engage myself with something greater than that.

The only stuff of Ohata I've seen was Geist, but I loved the thing. I should definitely check Genocyber out.

Attached: Sleeping in a VOTOMS.jpg (2298x1644, 1.79M)

Been several years so I don't remember what two episodes you're talking about - remind me?

Dragon Ball to be honest. DBZ in close second. Yuyu Hakusho in 3rd place. These are the only anime I've ever cared to follow because I'm not a huge fag.

spoiler: it's not actually a pasta, which makes the people calling each other out for not knowing it even more baffling

Girls und Panzer and Shirobako for example. I don't have a single favorite.

Attached: [-__-'] Girls und Panzer OVA - Anzio-sen [BD 1080p FLAC] [231FDA45].mkv_snapshot_36.53_[2018.03 (1920x1080, 188K)

If you like being confused and bewildered, then yes that makes sense. I also like it for that very reason.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, the pinnacle of the medium.
Also notable are Kidou Senkan Nadeshiko and Mahoromatic.

The sudden transition from childhood to teens, when everyone was gay and the tone shifted from psychological mystery, to some weird harem romance. Episode 8 and 9 (I think).

I wish Forbidden Scrollery would get adapted, Koszu is the cutest and Reimu did nothing wrong

non non biyori is really comfy

Attached: 12.gif (500x335, 1.93M)

Unironically Initial D

Attached: 1511183956184.jpg (720x550, 61K)

Aria
I don't expect anyone to understand, but this show is life changing.
Akari is a miracle, I don't know how any character this wonderful can exist.

I consider Genocyber to be much better than Geist. Geist and the sequel have 10/10 soundtracks and design-work and the character has a bit more going on than it might seem at first but Genocyber is really something else.

Oh yeah, that was a pretty awkward transition for sure. I stumbled over that as well. I didn't think it was completely out of place though because if I recall correctly pubescent homosexuality was encouraged in their society as a form of population control. Because before they hit puberty they were already using a lot of sexual contact as stress relief, like bonobos do (wasn't it literally genetically engineered from bonobos?). There was that episode too before the gay episodes, where the boy and girl were trapped in a cage and start having sex (which also made me WTF pretty hard).
tl;dr was whack to see but made sense
Yeah wtf, I'm googling it now and can't find anything that indicates it's not original content. That other user said he found it through google...
I loved Shirobako, very wholesome show and was interesting to see what the production of anime is like after having watched plenty of it.

Ironic weebs also listen to android52.

this is so great accurate

why dafuq who like Initial D ironically? It is very good.

why dafuq would you like Initial D ironically? It is very good.
>sorry for the garbage english in the previous reply.

Fucking hell for all the shit gaiafags got back in the day they were never this bad and you can't convince me otherwise. These people grew up to be well adjusted and actualy(!!) have good taste most of the time.

I just feel like if you don't intervene, especially early, these ironic fags will continue down the path into FAKKU-tier ironic weeb territory with no hope of recovery. That they're interested enough to engage is the opportunity to introduce them to an incredibly rich area of experience. For years I had nothing but contempt for anything below my level of involvement, but that's partly because I was so thoroughly ridiculed at one point for liking things and seeing it become "cool" and mainstream pissed me off. Maybe it's age too, but I realized that relentless hate just goes against the spirit of otaku culture. I had younger cousins who got into anime with ironic shit Lucky Star and some memeage from youtube and now I can shoot the shit with one about how great Milk Morinaga's manga is with just a little guidance.

What are some spectacular slice of life animes? Or OVAs.

Ergo proxy, because it was my first title.

Attached: 57256.jpg (225x350, 27K)

You leave cirnoposting and momiji out of this

There's lots. Hidamari Sketch, New Game, Ika Musume and Non Non Biyori for example.

secondary scum reeeeee

Psycho-Pass

I really liked all the references to literature and philosophy

Attached: Akane_1.png (985x554, 591K)

Three way tie between

Psycho Pass
Lain
Ghost in the Shell original movie

The third episode of the Aria the Avvenire OVA to me is the best single episode of an anime I've ever seen in terms of the way it relates to the real world.

Gintama's also pretty good but the western fanbase is annoying

They've never seen anime in a real theater but only on their computers.
I've never heard of a cinema in my life that showed anime besides the pokemon movie

>ironic shit Lucky Star
Lucky Star is not ironic at all, you need to know a shit ton about Japan and its culture to appreciate it properly.

In Japan it's pretty common and has been for decades (for anime movies, not a full series, obviously). It's becoming increasingly common in the US for certain niche theatres that do this kind of thing in places like LA, for instance. For example, I believe Kizumonogatari was shown in some American theatres.

A lot of anime movies have been show in theaters, even very niche ones like Love Live. Depends on where you live though.

There's always a niche screening every now and then maybe in the more arthouse theaters, i saw koe no katachi for the first time at the cinema

Close, but it's actually "Akari travels back in time" or "Night on the Galactic Railroad".

Also, Aria has the best hot springs episode ever made.

Our cinema seems to have dropped anime. They don't show anything anymore. In the past I saw some Ghibli movies and Summer Wars.

FYI ironic weeaboo is a term used by /v/ermin subhumans to try and parasite themselves on otaku culture. they know they're worthless shits who barely watched any anime and don't count as gaia level weeaboo so they pretend they're "ironic".

anybody who calls others ironic weeaboo is a frogposter trying to normalize their subhuman behavior and entry-level taste

One day we will meet

Attached: 2192 - Rei only.jpg (1713x1518, 591K)

The reason why I like the 3rd ep of Avvenire is because of the way it "sums up" the entire series. It's the very final episode of a anime that's all about dealing with change, and the fact that things don't stay the same even if you're living in the perfect world that is Neo-Venezia. A lot of that was summed up by Akari talking to Alicia while on the gondola at night.

The dinner party at the end was especially significant, since Athena wasn't present, and for obvious reasons - her VA was dead, so they couldn't give her any speaking rules. Then you had the bit with Alice talking about maybe a miracle happening and being able to meet with Athena again (if you listen to the commentary audio track one of the VAs starts crying at that point). It was a really poignant way of connecting the scene in the anime to the real world.

I don't think it's a coincidence that most of the criteria for an "ironic weeaboo" basically describe most people who started watching anime in the past 1-2 years (ie when it started to go really mainstream).

I don't see how it's normalizing anything. It's calling people out for being fake.

FLCL
Is progressive any good?

yeet yeet dab dab don't lewd the dragon loli

Attached: 1529332409159.jpg (615x499, 74K)

Correct me if I'm wrong but

>weeaboo
Started with anime but moved on to Japanese Culture, see his anime past with disdain , secretly wishes he was Japanese.

>Weeb
Mainly enjoys Japanese media that revolves around anime and manga, videogames, mobage etc he keeps his shit on the internet

>neo-weeb
Started through watching amvs in YouTube and other now old memes, still his knowledge is low and enjoys anime cons

>nu-weeb
Similar to neo-weeb started through memes and whatnot, only cares about trendy stuff, finds the ironic weeb funny

>ironic weeb
The guy that is into it because is weird and trendy, the "I'm such a nerd" guy, it's disgusted by other kind of weebs except the nu-weeb which his source of attention

>weeb mafia
A boogeyman the terrorizes /qa/ withanime threads created by frog posters

>butthurt weeb
(You)

Fist of the North Star. Personal memories, not because it's the best but it is my favorite.

Weeaboo and weeb mean exactly the same thing, and what weeaboo means is wannabe Japanese. The original meaning has been almost completely lost and replaced with basically whatever you want. Even Japanese people can be weeaboos now, somehow.

lolicore is not ironic weeb. It's just a logical development in breakcore, I'm surprised this shit lasted as long as it did without people getting the idea to sample anime girls.

I don't use names to identify myself = true anime/japanese culture otaku

I'm an otaku = wapanese/weeaboo (intraditional sense)

I'm a weeaboo/weeb = ironic fucker

In my view the term "otaku" should be used only to refer to actual Japanese fans of anime or whatever (since otaku just means a fan of anything in particular).

Wapanese and weeaboo are basically the same thing because people who are wapanese normally get their obsession with Japan through anime.

Properly speaking, liking anime or Japanese culture isn't enough to be a weeaboo, there needs to be a pathetic kind of self-identification with Japan and anime.

>What is your personal favorite anime series or OVA?
movie / ova? Unironically, Your Name. It's a masterpiece

Series? Made in Abyss desu

Either pic or Spice & Wolf. Both are my favorites for completly different reasons.

Attached: 1519475324629.png (606x361, 197K)

i always thought wapanese is weeaboo before mootykins filtered it pretty much. i wasn't aware that there was a distinction beyond that

What is the ironic weeb epidemic? I believe it has been around since 2013.
Did it start with Kill La Kill?

It started with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Kill La Kill isn't a bad starting point, because of how clearly "western-facing" it was. It was a show created with full cognisance of the existence of a western market, at a time when the west was becoming more interested in anime. Because at the anime (and still now, to an extent) anime was considered the province of "creepy losers", liking anime "ironically" was a way of enjoying anime while maintaining enough detachment to not destroy yourself socially. It's basically a way of staking out a position without directly committing to it in case you have to abandon it later.

Last Exile is my personal generally underrated favourite. Neon Genesis Evangelion is also amazaing and is essentiel robotcore.

Neither a series or a OVA

Attached: 123325434655646.gif (500x270, 1.04M)

Anime has been huge in America from the late 90s onwards.