Planet fitness

pic related is the only gym option i have near my house/run distance so its what I gotta use. Im trying to gain muscle so can anyone help me with how to make the best of a shit tier gym. I already have the membership and am starting in the morning. General help works too. 19M 6'1" 225 muscular but a year out of shape.

Attached: planet fitness.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

Fair warning, they have no barbells so you won't be able to do any heavy compounds. I don't even remember there being a pull up bar just an assisted machine for them

What is a smith machine

A waste of space

yeah dude i love splatoon

Yeah you can do barbell moves with unlimited load in a slightly restricted bar path, man what a totally useless device. Better do bodyweight only instead

It will be acceptable for someone who has never lifted but you will quickly outgrow it as there are limited dumbell weights and no free weights.

>no barbells
>calling yourself a gym
Lol my entire programming is based around barbell shit.
Yeah let me knock out a clean and jerk with a smith machine. Oh I can't do that? Well then I'll just work on my deadlifts. oh. right.

>yeah bro just deadlift, bench press, ohp, and squat in the smith machine
???

Nah fuck developing real strength. just do curls m8.

Honestly, I'd rather go to a park with monkey bars and do calisthenics.

Nah man swing from a tree like a monkey

Do Westside For Skinny Bastards. It lets you choose which movements to do so do dumbell and cable stuff.

Do they really have no barbells? I thought I remember people saying they at least have a bench press setup years ago but maybe things have changed.

2 days ago i signed up at planet fitness after working out for years at a hardcore powerlifter/strongman/bodybuilding gym

i'm never fucking going back. LOL. planet fitness is awesome... clean, plenty of hotty-bo-botties and i'm finally mature enough to realize that no one cares about your gay lifts and also that everyone who is old and has done heavy squats and deads for long periods of time fucking regrets it

yeah, working up to a MAX SET OF 3-5 REPS on a heavy press movement and a heavy leg movement, literally the staple movements for WSBFSB... at planet fitness! LOL

Planet Fitness is great though, as long as you want to just do some cardio and work in the 6+ rep range (without barbells)

OP do you have a fat fetish? Genuine question. Anyway is closer to a helpful answer than anything else, assuming you're underage/broke or something gay like that. Find a hill with bars at the top, sprint up it for sets, mix in pullups, pushups, ab work. Get a fucking job also, so you're not fucked when it starts to snow.

free pizza if you are subscribed

If they don't criticize anyone, why do they have lunk alarms?

Dumbbells are very, very light and there are no barbells to be seen. Essentially, this gym is a "gym" for people who have never been to the gym before. You'll see the occasional boomer or curl bro but most of the people here are DYEL. If you are even a little fit, you'll mog everyone in sight but your gains will suffer if you can bench more than lmao1pl8.

The only upside is that these places are crawling with 20-24 year old girls. They're all at least average face and will notice how you mog everyone else if you're even a little fit.

>they have no barbells

is this a meme or are you serious lmao

Very serious. I've heard that sparse locations tend to have them if the manager isn't a cunt but the barbell ban is like an unwritten company policy. Also, everything looks like welch's grape juice packaging.

It's a starter gym at best. It's still better than nothing and probably fine for a beginner who doesn't want or need to do the usual barbell programs. There are plenty of ways to be fit and to get fit - not everyone needs to do SL5x5.

Because they don't want you to scare away their usual clientele

Attached: Soy-Boy-Try-Guys.jpg (639x381, 67K)

Smith machines, no barbells.

Based & redpilled

Attached: snap cringe.png (1019x746, 1.03M)

for the same reason that a 100% black cast in a movie is deemed "very diverse".

It really is a shame that gyms have more and more decided to cater to soccer moms with this "no judgments, no lunks, no scary weights" bullshit instead of actually providing any motivation. Hell, I bet that the majority of PF's income is made by getting people to sign up for year-long memberships during New Year's who then prompty stop going after a week anyway. It's just a shame that this is what's profitable.

I honestly wish we'd just go full-on Best Korea and have gyms be a public utility like libraries and require all people to fucking go.

>have gyms be a public utility like libraries and require all people to fucking go

lol nigs or spics would smash the place to pieces by week 1

You make a good point. Still, even a fraction of niggers/spics getting fit would be worth it overall since their rates of obesity and related disease is through the roof, and we're all paying for that anyway regardless.

>slightly restricted bar path
It's only slightly unrestricted.

Most of their money is made like any other subscription service. It's 10 bucks a month so if you sign up and don't go, you think, "oh it's only 10 bucks." If your gym was 30+, you'd feel like shit for not going. Their money is made through this cheap price and franchising.