/fast/ #241 - Dry Fasting Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of snake juice fasting or dry fasting.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

See your doctor before fasting if you have any sort of chronic illness (type 1 diabetes, malnourished, underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding)

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here - youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max (NoSalt/LoSalt are high potassium-low sodium salts available in grocery stores or Amazon and the like)
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional but recommended for 10+ day fasts.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (4% or less).

>Can I workout?
Yes.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
No. Can't do without your "fix"? You're probably a faget. Electroshock therapy might be for you. See Mike Pence.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No.

Attached: snake_diet.jpg (2048x1900, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tdeecalculator.net/
youtu.be/AgTGAPz-1M0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At least I can say the belly fat is very soft, almost like jello. So I think it's at least breaking down. Hoping it goes away fast next month without too much loose skin issues.

Just finished off a 7 day water fast and am now at about 13% bf. Should I do another extended water fast or ease into something like OMAD or OMEOD? Does ketosis matter during OMAD or OMEOD. My goal is to get to around 8% bf but I would rather not lose strength and muscle mass.

Do this: youtu.be/HTitvqRRzr8

It's:
>Dry fasting 23 hrs/OMAD 1 hr:
>0-5 lbs cucumber
>0-1 Liters coconut water
>0-4,000 mg salt
>48 dry fast once a week

Do that until you reach 8%. Shouldn't take long.

Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT

I'd say to try to stay keto during OMAD.
If there was such a thing as hunger goblins, keto would scare them away

We are all gonna make it, bros.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-29-22-07-14.png (540x960, 44K)

>tfw considering in shaving my head

Attached: head.webm (280x280, 2.02M)

test

Naisu desu ! Keep up the good work

Attached: (b^v^)b.jpg (418x500, 16K)

why no lean protein like chicken breasts at that point?

Can someone tell me the benefits of coconut oil and coconut water?

How do you guys have any energy to lift? How do you guys build muscle with no protein?

Noob question here, trying to decide between doing some sort of fasting or just regular calorie restriction for losing some excess weight. (I eventually want to try both approaches though).

Some stuff I read makes it sound like the "point" of intermittent fasting (compared to just normal calorie reduction) is forcing the body to metabolize its fat for energy supply by inducing ketosis. But let's say I run a 20% calorie deficit, then I should lose the same amount of body fat no matter if I do intermittent fasting or not, because even without inducing ketosis some body fat has to be used for energy supply to provide for the deficit in caloric intake, right? So I guess it's done for other health benefits (insulin response etc., gonna read up more on that) or because it's easier to stick to (less hungry)?

I can also see how sticking to much higher calorie intake reductions could become easier with fasting, but not sure if I wanna try that yet. Gonna have to do lots of studying in the next 2 months, maybe I'll try something like that afterwards though. Nonetheless, what's your experience with performance while studying / doing other "mental" work while fasting?

app name?

>no protein
you eat tons of it on refeed

Will dry fasting remove my stretch marks?

It's easier for fat people to fast because your body slows down it's metabolism when you eat at a deficit, then gain the fat back when fatties go back off their diet. Fasting you won't gain back the fat unless you eat more than you were eating while you were fat. Also it's more motivating because fasting gets faster results. Do the fuck whatever you want to do, it's the end result that matters you can do it either way if you don't have much to lose just do the deficit

all that salt
all that fluid
is this a shitstorm recipe ?

Attached: 1517811703899.jpg (500x375, 51K)

dunno lol

TrackYourFast.

how do i /fast/ without freaking out my girlfriend.

makes sense, thanks for the reply
guess I'm gonna give 16:8 with a slight calorie deficit a try for a week or two and see how I like it for now

>Hitting the 48 hour mark
>Get woken up by hunger pangs
>Mfw

Attached: 1snsqh[1].jpg (400x323, 24K)

Is it normal to need zantac to make it through a long fast? Would upping the baking soda work too? Only other times I've fasted was when in the hospital and they give me something in the IV to reduce stomach acid.

Attached: 1337785255410.jpg (550x425, 72K)

can i find most of the snake juice ingredients at my grocery store? The pink salt will be easy but im not sure about the potassium chloride, can i get that mortan sodium free stuff?

That's literally potassium chloride

except you can do it only for limited time and you should not work out during it.

water(snake fasting) you can do untill you are no longer fat and you can burn extra with exercise

I tried drinking cucumber/lemon water once, it made me ill for a week and I had to be bedridden, I had zero energy and horrible bowel movements. FUCK ADDING CUCUMBER OR LEMON TO WATER NEVER EVER DO IT

ok thanks just making sure that is a safe choice.

Dump her and get another one when you're at your peak performance.

im not doing that i love her very much

Let's say i'm going for a 3-5 day fast.

Should i worry about electrolytes?

One snake juice recipe has lemon juice and ACV and the other doesn't. Are they optional? Whats the deal

use the newest

I need to drop roughly 40 pounds. If i fast for 4days then eat one meal the 5th day and go back to fasting for 4 days will i make it in just over a month??

Can I do an ECA stack while waterfasting or will this trigger an insulin response?

You'd probably have to fast whole month and do a little extra if you want 40 pounds. You lose like ~1 lbs/day. Do 1-2 dry, 1 wet and repeat to get quicker results

probably yes

>2 day dry
>1 wet
>repeat for a month
good plan if you want to die

it's not fair bros, why do I bloat at my stomach so much? It doesn't even matter what i eat or how much I eat. the only way to get rid of it is to fast, and the only way to make it appear less, is to weigh less

>When people can go 11 days dry

30 days just water is fine, why isn't rotating dry ? Just get a vitamin

its not about vitamins. Your kidneys will get fucked. Also dry fast should be done on your free days and not on days when you work/have school.

Just eat someone else's kidneys on refeed days to recharge them

Am 67kgs, around 15% bodyfat. At what weight will I be 8% ?

Ive got a month off so i can do whatever problem is getting the ingrediants for the snake juice with parents around but im sure i can solve that some how

how old are you?are they controling your mail?

thank you. needed this, gonna go walk my dog listen to some podcast
stay strong dude

18 but its a case of they would get super confused as to why im getting random shit like salt and stuff. Suppose i could go shopping in town just wouldnt know where to look

>lose 96lb
>20% bodyfat
>stalled for two weeks because fasting is hard as fuck now
>no one to hold me accountable

Attached: 1401494894645.jpg (421x400, 48K)

Okay guys, how do I maximize my weight loss on my water fast? Lifting and doing a little cardio (no fucking endurance). What else can I do/take? Risk just should be less than DNP.

In a moment of weakness ate two gummy vitamins at 4 days in for 15 calories last night. How badly did I fuck up?

ice cold baths

start over user

fuck I wanted to do an extended fast but just ate a bunch of fucking food.

Should I just restart right now or is it bad to keep switching it up without ever really hitting ketosis?

How hard is it to just not eat? Think about what caused you to eat and how ypu can avoid it next time. Prepare more snake water, drink a tea/coffee or think about routines for what to do in case of appetite. Don't start over again without a second thought. For once in your life try to be clever.

You're probably in a state where you can do cardio now, even running with decent shoes. Take a week or even a month off from fasting, count cals, start with any cardio and come back later. At 20% you basically made it to your first goal: not being a disgusting fatty.

i'm a 5'5 72kg manlet, how can i get rid of this disgusting belly.

When doing OMAW how much can I eat on that 1 day?

sum of your daily tdee for the whole week

over 9000
eat a rack of ribs
and a couple of double doubles , no breads

Attached: ruben.jpg (1200x900, 273K)

>When doing OMAW how much can I eat on that 1 day?
I personally stick to about 1,000 - 1,200 (my TDEE is 1839), but you can eat until you are full really, since you will still be in deficit for the week.

It's entirely up to you.

tdeecalculator.net/

I've been doing IF and shorter fasts for a year or so and I've dropped 140 lbs
I'm at 220lbs now and want to drop another 30-40 but I'm basically sick of keto so I'm trying this and for some reason its been more difficult over the last month, maybe because I have less body fat.

I'm going to start again and just do it this time, 6 days

1200-9000. Quite the leap.

gotta eat big to get big !
but really just eat untill full
if you eat once a week it is ok to eat
half a lamb

Attached: horse butholes.jpg (600x373, 95K)

so how much did you weigh and how much do you weigh now? I've seen you in these threads forever and there's no way you're eating 1k calories a week and not skelly mode unless you were massive beforehand. got any progress pics?

Might just be the heat or whatever. Not a bad idea to shake things up a little, just remember to stick to a certain plan for a while. Also more cardio will always help. You can even get used to doing it fasted, especially during IF periods.

Attached: Fasting - Me from 2017-11-28 compared to 2018-07-27.jpg (622x857, 196K)

Not ice cold, but I do cold as possible baths. Ice is fucking expensive

Okay so this might sounds stupid but what about vlassic pickles? They have no calories and a considerable amount of sodium? Personally when I start fasting in a few days I won’t eat/drink anything but I was just curious, sciencefags help out?

good job. So you are done with fasting for now?

>Ice is fucking expensive
??? just freeze water bro

I was reading about small amounts of glucose helping to spare muscle on a fast, since the brain will get it's glucose without having to break down muscle tissue.
How much glucose per day would be the right amount to that end?

you might want to add 5 sticks of splenda

>So you are done with fasting for now?
Nope. Still got goals to reach

Attached: Fasting - Snapshot of progress as of 27th July 2018.jpg (1585x596, 300K)

how did you even find Jow Forums at your age?

are you actually trying to get down to 115lbs? how tall are you?

>goal 52,5kg
what

If you want it to be effective you do

How much glucose does that contain?

>how did you even find Jow Forums at your age?

I'm only 51, not exactly doddering around with Alzheimer's and a zimmer frame.

>are you actually trying to get down to 115lbs?
Yes.

>how tall are you?
1.73M / 5' 8"

for the next pic plz dress like cia man

Attached: cia man.jpg (431x997, 60K)

My current routine is basically a 36h waterfast and no breakfast for the rest of the week (so not IF). I don't want to lose weight, but benefit from fasting in terms of regeneration, especially fighting inflammation. What or the benefits of IF, if you never go into autophagy anyway? Does a single 36h fast even do anything or should I implement another one? Should I extend it/them to 48 or 60 hours?

I just have a small ice rack in my fridge. I don't have a huge amerimutt fridge

I think he means most of us are autistic college students that probably browsed /b/ in high school.

Though it would be cool if Jow Forums was around in 30 years, I wonder if we'd all still be here

just freeze it on a cellophane bag so you can have a large chunks, 1 or 2 is enough.

>autistic college students that probably browsed /b/ in high school.
Ya got me

Attached: 1532588405976.png (657x800, 105K)

My hands keep seizing up into claws when I do cardio

My neighbours are cooking curry. Fuck. Smells godly. Hour 30 and clinging to my snake juice I just made. Going to clean my whole apartment I think.

so is taking a multivitamin allowed/recommended?

Hi fast! I know tripcodes are for faggots but i just wanted to share my fast with someone and said why not the /fast general. I started my weight loss at 340 lbs on january and have gone down to 278 lbs using OMAD, low carb, and several 4-7 day water fasts, i'm about to start a 21 day fast using snake juice. I'm taking progress pics every 7 days so I'll come back in a week to report back (with pics)

Attached: 1532902329602.jpg (908x1200, 200K)

planning a one day fast because I have no food in the house. Will smoking a cig and drinking sips ruin the fat burning potential

good luck bro and keep us updated

For only a day-fast your body isn't going to be in a deep enough fat burning state where artificial sweeteners like sips will make much of a difference, you're good.

Attached: 1527408230809.jpg (640x514, 35K)

i have a tiny ass room but i damn well made sure that i have a fucking huge fridge and freezer in it.

I wonder if it would de of any good to do a 47:1 water fast and refeed protein after a lifting day? Or should I lift every day and do 71:1+95:1? I'm so confused

Lmfao. Protip, fill your empty snake jews bottles with water and freeze. Free giant ice cubes

Yes definitely

Fasting until Thursday, wish me luck gents. These threads really make me more accountable
>fatme

Attached: 20180727_065443.jpg (2880x2160, 1.72M)

They are optional. Most people do the ACV and lemon juice separately from the SJ like so...

youtu.be/AgTGAPz-1M0

you have a really nice face.
no homo