/fast/ #243 - Coffee is GREAT! Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of snake juice fasting, dry fasting, OMAD, OMAW, AFD and IF (Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

See your doctor before fasting if you have any sort of chronic illness (type 1 diabetes, malnourished, underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding)

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here - youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max (NoSalt/LoSalt are high potassium-low sodium salts available in grocery stores or Amazon and the like)
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional but recommended for 10+ day fasts.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (4% or less).

>Can I workout?
Yes. But don't overdo it.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Black, unsweetened coffee and tea - YES!
Diet drinks are debatable (continuously)

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No. Fat burning provides sufficient vitamins

Attached: Thor - Coffee.jpg (318x300, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cmaj.ca/content/189/28/E929
cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/aspartame.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5591507/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for not eating

Attached: 1524558534683.png (457x303, 186K)

Is intermittent fasting worth doing even if I can only do 12:12 or 11:13? 8:16 doesn't work for my current daily routine

>Can I workout?
Yes. But don't overdo it.
What about coffee in the morning? It's got like 1 calorie or something.

Read FAQ:

Skipping Breakfast is not fasting!

Put.Down.The.Fork.FATTY!

DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED

>It's got like 1 calorie or something.
Black, unsweetened coffee has got about 5 calories per cup, but it also helps fasting, so pretty negligible.

I'm 90kg/185cm and eat 2000 calories daily lol. I just have to take meds in the morning so I have breakfast at 10am, lunch at 2pm but then I only have time for a real meal at 9pm. I want to eventually try OMAD but it's a bit of a harsh change to go straight for it

Tea > coffee

Attached: eYCz9Kj[1].jpg (639x621, 24K)

>fasting almost 8 months
>acquired gf but is a fucking nympho
>busted my nuts daily

send your before and after to cole

Tea has better health benefits while not getting you addicted to caffeine

This boomer can meme.

DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED

This.

don't forget the accompanying image

Attached: 1485941903419.jpg (583x442, 30K)

Reminder that if you are fasting without using Yohimbine HCL and Garcinia Forskolin + nicotin if you can hack it, you are not getting the best buck for your effort.

jesus christ went 40 days without taking those shit

>muh supplements
Get out fatty.

Anyone else getting fast as fuck heart rate after they lay down to go to bed at night on extended fasts? Been taking my snek jooce like a good goy. Please help bros I don't want to die

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boku no Hero Academia - 53 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.28_[2018.07.21_19.47.13].jpg (1280x720, 172K)

F off

Sounds like you're not getting enough Potassium.

Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT
Don't be DECEIVED
DO NOT EAT

Watching kino later to pass time

Heard user on Netflix is worth a watch. Been getting through the first season of The Wire as well.

Going to try and knock out three chapters of Jordan Petersons new book too

>>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>Black, unsweetened coffee and tea - YES!

based

just watch some south korean kino

black tea > green tea btw

im too poor to buy both, i just boil some guava leaves. smells fantastic and tastes really sweet.

herbal >>> green > black

Do bouillon cubes break your fast? I have a container of them but I don't want anything to do with them if my fasting is impacted at all.

Just finished my first 24 hours and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just wondering about alcohol though as I have quite an active social life, is something like straight vodka completely off limits?

A FAST MEANS NOT EATING YOU FAT FUCK

STOP

Jesus fucking christ guys. If you have to ask, THE ANSWER IS NO

Drink water and only water you fucksticks

in for reccy
besides the usual stuff like the yellow sea and whatnot

>something like straight vodka completely off limits?

Here's the funny thing, if you are in ketosys and stick to pure vodka then you will burn off the calories in the vodka without dropping out of ketosys, so it effectively just defers fat burning until the vodka is burnt off and then continues.

One other difference during fasting is that the effect of alcohol is magnified so you get shitfaced very quickly compared to when not fasting.

This doesn't work with beer or other alcoholic beverages which contain carbs. Clear liquors that are around 40 percent alcohol (vodka, whiskey, gin, scotch, brandy, rum and tequila) contain zero carbs and sugars on their own, which means they’re keto-friendly (besides the part where alcohol is metabolized in place of fats).

too poor to buy green tea? but not so poor that you can have access to the internet? where the fuck is that possible?

But the point of fasting is health and weight loss. Vodka could not only kill you on a fast, it will definitely halt your progress until all of the alcohol has been processed out of your system.

Sounds good to me because I've a ball on Monday night so don't want to miss out on being shitfaced with friends

College

Anorexia general

i have my priorities, anyway fresh guava leaves is the best. it's in my backyard, most of the time i'm including boiled guava leaves on my cold bath.

fatty's viewpoint on point

awesome im really a fan of ha jung-woo, i wonder if you find berlin file interesting. same actor in the yellow sea. don't forget your snek jooz sips to prolong your fast. enjoy user.

>shitfaced
fucking chav cunt, drink in moderation or not all. hate you cunts who get loud and annoying after slamming down a bunch of alky

How to increase blood pressure?

Kidney failure and brain damage general.

>chav cunt
Nah sham I'm just Irish this is how we do things

So you're telling him a fucking CUBE OF FUCKING SALT is a no-no? Hahahhahahahahah. Dude drink the fucking cubes it literally will affect nothing. Getting to only be on saltwater is a mental gain, not a fasting gain. Don't listen to the retards who treat fasting like a goddamn puritan cult.

whats ok
>salts
>teas
>coffee
>whatever fuckass supp you think helps you

whats not ok
>anything thats not above
>artificial sweetened bullshit

I really hope you get alcohol poisoning and they have to pump your retarded ass

>not so poor that you can have access to the internet? where the fuck is that possible?

Here in Scotland. I have no telephone or cable, just stick a WIFI extender out of the window and connect to one of two free wireless services, one provided by Perth & Kinross Council and the other provided by Highland Internet.

Attached: Free dual WiFi capability.jpg (966x531, 192K)

Absolutely correct. Then again, I'm neither his mother nor his doctor.

what do you usually wget for?

give me a legit real fucking source that artificial sweetened stuff are bad right fucking now

no mom science shit
no vegan tier propaganda shit

Ah then you're alright

this shit is too nerdy for me, wish I could do things like that.

poor tongue, just stop fasting because you're a lost cause.

nice source

source your ass fatty.
>tfw i can't take any liquids without artificial sweeteners
lmao
cope

>what do you usually wget for?
Since they are public WiFi systems they prompt you with a login web page for email address (which I always fake) and to collect your MAC address (which I randomly generate)

wget allows me to navigate those web pages in a bash script and access the cookies to get access.

They also automatically logout after exceeding 2 gigabyte of data transfer (their enforced limit) or when the service is overloaded. My scripts automatically detect this load balance to the other WiFi service and login with newly generated fake email and MAC address.

Been running since September 2017 and apart from a few tweeks I've needed to make to the disconnection detection it works fine.

look it up fucktard

nice source
I did, and there is no evidence that it's harmful in any way shape or form

Even 16:8 is barely worth it unless you are counting calories and on a deficit. Try it for a while to get used to being hungry, then aim a little higher.

cool. meanwhile i'm stuck parsing a nested div on a webpage to check some changes...

just take your artificial sweeteners and no one fucking cares.

ok but then stop shitting up the threads with the usual "hurf le durf artificial sweeteners are literally le bad for u cuz i said so!", with no source

Coffee from freshly ground beans is what keeps me going. Fuck instant black coffee, it's worse than death. Also regular tea without milk makes my mouth feel weird.

I am underweight but have 23% bodyfat. Should I fast? I feel like fasting is the answer to finally lose my skinnyfat belly.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 35K)

let's see who has a fucked up bladder or liver in the future. are you a lobbyist?

I've been doing this since my parents bought me a Sinclair ZX Spectrum back in 1982 when I was 14 years old.

I was a games developer effectively acting as an understudy for the late Mark Haigh-Hutchinson at Vortex Software in Manchester. I did things like the background animation for Alien Highway before moving to Unilever to program production line controllers.

Written a lot of strange code for strange devices over the years, the most interesting of which was for Plessey Defense Systems in the Falkland Islands.

That was different...Missiles, penguins, horizontal rain, tin roofed shacks and "Bennies" (the British name for the locals)

Some ugly fucking birds as well...and I'm not talking about the penguins.

nice source

cmaj.ca/content/189/28/E929
kindly fuck off

nice source, it basically says we don't know anything, and at best we can analyze correlations but no direct cause and effects

>he doesnt understand why chemicals during a detox would be counterintuitive
>he hasnt read the studies where artificial sweeteners increase cravings
>he doesnt know what aspartame is

cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/aspartame.html

In the cohort studies, consumption of nonnutritive sweeteners was associated with increases in weight and waist circumference, and higher incidence of obesity, hypertension, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular events.

WE HAVE AN ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER LOBBYIST ON FAST GENERAL WTF

>Most studies in people have not found that aspartame use is linked to an increased risk of cancer.

please drink your cancer beverage and stop posting here

the fatty is dense to figure out the definition of the word artificial, because his fatass tongue can't handle the blandness of any liquid for him to ingest.

see fucking brainlet

nice appeal to nature fallacy

God youre fucking stupid

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PUT UNNATURAL CHEMICALS INTO YOUR BODY DURING A FAST?

put on a trip so we can hide your dumb ass

haha you can use the entire pol infographic as a rebuttal, but ain't no shit like artificial sweeteners before 1900s. go ahead and sip your artificial sweetened drink.

diet soda
sugar-free ice cream
reduced-calorie fruit juice
gum
yogurt
sugarless candy

Start stuffing yourself, fat fuck

stop giving the retard some yous, we're on fasting general and we're au naturale.

you want to know what i fukin do? you wanna know what I FUCKIN do mate?

>BLACK COFFEE
>3 BEEF boullion cubes
>2PACKETS SPLENDA

Fukin delicious. Not even kidding and dont say shit until you try it. You will KILL cravings instantly

>aspartame is approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar

Hmm, couldn't possibly have a negative affect on your brain and body

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5591507/
>This scoping review identifies the needs for future research to address the numerous evidence gaps related to health effects of NNSs use.It also specifies the research questions and areas where a systematic review with meta-analyses is required for the proper evaluation of health outcomes associated to regular NNSs consumption.

LACK OF STUDIES IS NOT PROOF IT IS HEALTHY

nice appeal to nature fallacy
nice source
nice source
but there is no proof that is inherently unhealthy either, advertising it as such is brainlet tier

this general is so fucking stupid holy shit
>believing things without source

what's your choice of artificial sugar then?

Damn, that's quite the life.

The gym is the way to lose the belly.
Literally just do core workouts

im not sold into taking some shit like artificial sweeteners unless you pay me.

stevia

How would taking something that increases hunger cravings be a good idea on a fast?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
>hether due to a successful marketing effort on the part of the diet beverage industry or not, the weight conscious public often consider artificial sweeteners “health food” [6]. But do artificial sweeteners actually help reduce weight?

Surprisingly, epidemiologic data suggest the contrary. Several large scale prospective cohort studies found positive correlation between artificial sweetener use and weight gain.

>Damn, that's quite the life.
...ain't over yet...

If the whole point of fasting and dry fasting is self control, detox, weight loss and not eating, why do people keep asking about how they can cheat the system? Go back to /fat/

Tea just tastes like shitty plant water. I honestly don't understand the appeal.

then it's not artificial you dumb fucking fuck

I've been doing core workout for 9 months now and still got the belly. There's no way around it, I'm fasting.

>How would taking something that increases hunger cravings be a good idea on a fast?
I don't notice this, doesn't bother me, it's not directly related to health effects or fat loss effects

How does 8:16 not work for your routine? How is that possible?

What do you mean don’t over do it? I do heavy lifts while fasted all the time.