Donating blood

Will blood donating kill my gains?
Any of you donate blood?

Attached: 1529042063316.jpg (960x960, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T2wcedukWcI?t=577
youtu.be/2VkBw9aeb_0?t=4109
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It makes you tired and weak for a few days and you shouldn't lift anything at all for about a day after donation

what if your blood saves a niggers life?

If you take cardio seriously, then it will absolutely fuck that up for weeks—it's on the scale of adding 20% to your 800m time. You can always donate blood components like plasma and platelets. The loss of platelets should have no noticeable effect, and blood plasma is regenerated within about a day.

It won't. I only saw one nigger in my life, I'm 22.

Attached: received_253907912000142.png (1720x145, 30K)

>Poland used to be niggers of Europe
>Now Europe is the niggers
You guys must be laughing now.

I'm not laughing, I'm afraid that our pro EU party will win the next elections and let the niggers in.

To continue a little, the NHS write that "[a]fter a donation, most people's haemoglobin levels are back to normal after 6 to 12 weeks." I seriously doubt that a loss of red blood cells would have a noticeable effect on strength training but, even if it did, it would be temporary (and wouldn't outright kill your gains). I'd try donating and seeing. (If your programme has a deload week, you could try and schedule it just before that.)

I donate blood but i’m an ottermode / auschwitz mode long distance runner.

You feel fugged up the next day but after that you’re fine. Just do it user, it’s a nice thing to do for other people who are dying.

You will feel weak for couple of days
but you will be saving lives too

>do one line of coke at a festival
>barred from donating for FOUR months

>meanwhile, smoking heroin and you're good to go after 2 weeks.

3 more months left before I can go again.

>blood donation
Should I donate the rest of my body as well? No pay, gay.

>literally cucking your gains away
at least you'll be harvesting all that good karma

Time to open your borders goy ;)
You don't want sanctions, do you?

They sell much of the donated blood anyway. Donating blood is like getting your life force pimped out.

>donate blood
>gays, criminals and goys get the blood

Sounds a bit cuck like to me you know

Donating freshens up your blood you brainlets. It's good for overall fitness, but you probably don't care about health.

It's true, I shoot myself every morning to loosen up the ol' arteries.

This desu. If you need someone elses blood to stay alive your time has come.

No one wants your tainted blood anyway, you fucking degenerate

I don't even give up my semen, why would I give my blood. Fucking life force vampires.

based!

Fuck no, whatever I need, I am asked to pay HEFTY. But whatever others need from me, I am supposed to donate? No thanks Jeff, ask politicians and bankers to donate their blood

Remove the blood and then donate it back to yourself a couple of days later for sick short-term cardio gains.

Donating blood is a great good, and it makes you healthier.

I'd even give it 2-3 days, depending on how you feel. Don't be a hero and fuck your shit up.

donating blood is great for you, especially if you are on gear and healthy. That being said, you wont want to lift too crazy for a day or two.

When you're donating blood you are removing these lolis from your body. Are you sure that's what you want?

Attached: render316___platelet_chan_by_apriliusrehnzzz-dchhwrx.png (774x1032, 481K)

back to Jow Forums you virgin fags

literal medieval fairytales. is that what they told you when they gave you your energy cookie

I wonder what the energy expenditure of replenishing your blood is. Maybe 30, 50 calories?

Look at the research papers, you fucking hairbrained idiot.

I ran XC in high school and gave blood and it only made me sit out from that day's run, so you're probably fine if you wait 24 hours

uhhhh, it will slow down recovery rate if you plan on giving it after a workout. I also wouldn't suggest doing anything physical after donating.

i mean, it definitely helps in the sense that your body produces new red blood cells which will be able to bind to oxygen a lot better than your old dying ones. But that takes time and it would be stupid to think it will help you recover after a workout. Maybe donate and then wait a couple of days before working out again to feel the benefits.

Sure, you can still do certain cardio work, but if you're trying to hit certain performance targets (e.g. wattages on the bike or numbers on the track), then you will simply not be able to hit them.

Here's Emma Pooley on her experiences (9:37 onwards): youtu.be/T2wcedukWcI?t=577

Here's TrainerRoad in the same topic (1:08:30 onwards): youtu.be/2VkBw9aeb_0?t=4109

why should i have to share my blood with fucking normies lmao

wait 24h and you're good.
it does not kill gains

I lifted after donating blood once, passed out and gave myself brain damage.

Attached: tic.png (625x773, 113K)

does donating blood force your body to use calories in order to remake the blood?

if i had a comp coming up in

no

yeah dont work the arm at least, you can do minor Jow Forums things.

Fair chance it will. People with sickle cell anemia are probably the biggest users of blood in the US blood donation system.

thanks white boi

I used to sell plasma and I stopped being able to properly regulate body temperature.

I'm a 4 time blood donor. As long as you don't intend to work out the day you donate, you should be alright (although I've never actually tried to do so, but the doctors recommend against it), the key is to stay very hydrated. Donating blood reduces iron buildup in blood, which reduces risk of cancer and other diseases, which is why leeching in medieval times was so effective. Consider donating blood to be a workout in itself, as to build strength you need to apply pressure and stress to the muscles. Removing blood from your system forces your body to compensate for that, and produce more blood. Just like lifting, the stress placed upon your body results in greater strength, allowing it to become more powerful and accomplish more. But like working out, you shouldn't push yourself too hard too fast, or you might get injured, so wait the recommended amount of time in between donations, and make sure to drink a lot of water the day of and the day before. Good luck user, you're saving lives, and be sure to let me know your blood type.

Attached: 1534214142.jpg (1024x551, 88K)

It's a lot. 800ml Plasma donation is about 500 calories, more from full blood.

I usually lift before work, donate after work, eat like a cheat day and rest the day after.

Gave blood on the 22nd of July. Could've been psychosomatic but fucked me up the evening after - I think allergies may have factored into it as well. Did arms the next day - nothing different outside of feeling a little dehydrated.

> 2018
> He hasn't read "Starting Leeches" yet
> Still has blocked and upset humors

You're fuckin up bucko

melancholics detected

There are about 100,000 people with sickle cell disease in the US. 98% of them are black. The average sickle cell patient receives 20 transfusions per year. These are usually at least 2 units of blood. This is comes out to about 4 million units of blood per year. There are 21 million units transfused per year, meaning nearly 1 in 5 units goes to a black sickle cell patient.

However,

I donate blood all the time. I'm on TRT and I have to because it makes me have too much iron in my blood, or something. Donating fixes that problem, so I go every time I'm able. I've never lifted after, but I don't feel any different at all. I just take it easy because in my head I'm gonna pass out squirting blood like a horror movie. I've lifted before donating, but mostly just schedule it on a rest day.

What if it saves a thot's life?
>think about that

Attached: 1522133347962.jpg (848x1000, 170K)

I don't know but it made me sick when I did it and I felt like absolute shit for a week, then when I got better I noticed that I had way less stamina for some time

based