/fat/ - Ball is Life edition

Who is /fat/ for?

For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

If you ask for help, remember to include your
>height
>weight
>screenshot of MyFitnessPal/Cronometer food log
>confirmation you've read the OP and the sticky

Last thread

Attached: 1517330287727.jpg (400x500, 37K)

How's your 2018 going, /fat/? I'm hoping to hit a healthy weight this month and then my goal weight by the end of the year.

Attached: file.png (1056x768, 178K)

Still a fat DYEL, though.

Attached: progress.jpg (2430x1160, 402K)

Attached: progress-front.jpg (1101x446, 117K)

>Want to lose weight because fear fat stomach
>start running and either 48 hour fasting or 1000 kcal a day nearly every day
>2nd month and have lost 10kg
>If anything my waist and belly look bigger because I've lost fat from everywhere but there...
>weight loss has plateaued and I'm craving more than ever

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 54K)

Lift nigga! Lift!
If you want to turn that pear into a V, you gotta LIFT!

>get medical leave because of surgery
>want to use free time from work to lose weight in peace
>cannot lift yet due to surgery
dammit

More.
Seems like I used fasting as excuse to not go cico normally, so I just kept eating like always waiting for "good moment" to fast, which rarely comes due to living with family.

Fuck, I've been doing this for 2 months. Just now started doing cico on a 2100 calorie deficit

How much total weight do you have to lose? Everybody stores it a bit differently.

Also post before/after shots. It took me awhile to see changes in the mirror. I could see it better in side by side pictures and others could see it even better.

Attached: the-best-time-to-plant-a-tree-was-years-ago-second-bes-on-top-happy-new-year-quotes-in-hindi-english (1121x657, 302K)

pic in is for you

Yep, it hurt a bit.
I'm a man of the moment and I tend to have bursts of activity than to work consistently on something.
It works when you want to hike up the hill, but sucks for everyday life.

>is for you
Nevermind, I cannot even read patiently the whole post.
By hurt I meant the fact that whole is so true.

>just joined a gym
>go to gym at 12am on saturday so nobody will be there
>gym thot and muscle dude there, probably guy and his girlfriend, dude won't make eye contact with me, leave immediately after i get there
>almost walk out out of social anxiety
>fuck it
>get on treadmill and run for 5 minutes then stop then run another few minutes, treadmill says i ran a quarter mile and some change but i dont believe it
>can't fucking breathe, head hurts, fingers are tingling
>leave
>have trouble driving home
>still can't breathe
>feel good but ashamed
>gonna do it again tomorrow
am i gonna make it

Attached: DS9XrjwXUAA4jbN.jpg (600x583, 55K)

if you are a fat fuck, do biking. it's less impact and you can work up a good sweat.

And by the way.
Thanks.

that's probably better, i get fucked up from running, im 6'1 290 and running fuckin kills me

Yeah especially if you have been a big boy all your life. Your fucking knees are already under tremendous strain with that extra weight causing accelerated wear and tear. You probably got the joints of a two tour ground pounder. Got to take it easy on them knees.

Did you read the OP and the sticky?

Oh i forgot about the sticky sorry user

if you go again tomorrow and the day after, yes

recently moved to a much hotter country, i gotta say it's really helped my weight loss. i sweat like shit so i end up drinking loads of water. really kills the desire to eat. drink more water bros

Guys I need advice. I started losing weight some time ago simply by cutting off sugar and doing c25k. I lost 30kg since but in the 1/2 month I havent seen much progress at 100-95kg, it is also near that time when i started lifting. Could it be just that i am gaining muscle mass while losing fat, therefore I dont see much loss? But I thought to gain you had to eat more than I consume, and i totally eat less right now. I hit my protein targets everyday. For what matters i am 6 2 and rn 98kg

do some logging with MFP and calculate your TDEE and bf% to know for sure. you can gain muscle on a cut, slowly. you could also just be at a plateau. do some logging to make sure you're actually below TDEE.

>tfw i just want to eat healthy and have good poops
>gf constantly tries to tempt me, force feed, or whines when we don't eat out

what do?

Take her out and eat nothing yourself.

That's what I do

been having these recently, super quick to cook and actually pretty damn good

Attached: 1533439418910.jpg (609x1363, 248K)

Tell her to cut the shit.
Consider changing females.

I ate half the dinner's portion than normally today.

Just skip that shit and eat the tuna by itself you fat fuck

>Start at 5'9" 231 lbs two years ago
>Install myfitnesspal, start tracking what I'm eating and stick to 1200 calories a day. Do 45 minutes of cardio every other day
>Finally get down to 155 lbs, only about 7 or 8 from my goal weight at right around Christmas time. Get loads of compliments. Buy a whole new wardrobe as I've actually started looking human shaped.
>Binge out at Christmas time and never stop. Also stop exercising. End up putting back on 20 lbs over the last 7 months.

I was so close to escaping this fucking thread and being a Jow Forums normie. At least I only put a fraction of what I lost back on. Still hurts to realise how much effort I wasted and to imagine where I'd be now if I'd just kept up with it though.

Don't backslide /fat/bots. It hurts.

how about just eat a fucking can of tuna with some veggies?

this is more enjoyable, feels like a real meal if i serve it with some toast and an egg, and only adds a small amount of calories i can easily budget for. it's a very simple concept

this might be a dumb question but fuck it
i read somewhere that jumping rope is good way to burn calories, im just wondering if my man boobs and belly going up and down during jumping can make them bigger/make me have more loose skin?

if you've got man boobs and belly big enough to flap around so much you probably shouldn't be jumping much, you'll fuck your joints up. ellipticals are best for fatties as they're low impact.
regarding your actual question i have no idea, but it seems plausible it'd stretch your skin if you did loads of them.

I don't really have a goal to lose, just a goal to look like. I know I've lost weight around my hips because my jeans are significantly looser now. Don't have a before pic but will take a current one for future reference

How do you look like that with a close to healthy BMI? My BMI is 28 and I have a six pack?!

muscle is much denser than fat.

Lost ~18 pounds so far from IF which makes a huge difference on my 5'4". Semi-fat family asking me for advice and how I do it and giving me so many excuses.

feels good brehs

Attached: 1533231289198.jpg (1024x1008, 87K)

>260 lbs, 6'3"
>TDEE for desk job is ~2900 calories
>Plug same stats into MyFitnessPal
>Tells me to eat 2150 calories a day for 1 lb / week weight loss

I'm a bit confused about the difference. Should I be okay with the TDEE - 500 goal and just adjust it as I lose weight? I've also been eating under MFP's target and have come up around 200 short each day, bur I'm worried that I'm not eating enough.

I know the goal is to cut, so obviously I shouldn't be eating enough to begin with, but still

Attached: 1533467192545.jpg (319x319, 61K)

Why am i addicted to gram flour so much.

Attached: wojak_grin.jpg (489x1022, 39K)

Don't listen to myfatness pals recommendations

Anything above 1000 is gluttony.

Attached: IMG_9991.png (640x1136, 68K)

Are you saying 1000 above MFP's goals or above 1000 calories a day? The answer's probably obvious, just wanted to make sure

Anything above 1000 cals a day

How long did it take to lose 30kg?

i just snapped and ate 2300 worth of calories in chocolate in one sitting, how do i not do this? I just get these urges where i cant control myself

When I was a teen and dropped a lot of baby fat, I satisfied cravings for snacks by drinking black coffee and distracting myself. Eventually the cravings for snacks go away as long as you don't begin snacking again.
I'm actually going to try doing that again since I want to lose 10kg.

>4600kcal on Friday
I always overestimate, but this is nothing unusual when visiting family. For comparision, I should be eating under 1500kcal to lose weight.

constant goal visualisation.

Also Keto. It forces the body to go cold turkey on sugar.

Combine this with starvation diet and you have the perfect diet. All the benefits of starvation diet but none of it's uncomfortable cravings.

No glucose to signal the body to crave.

Only based Ketones allowed as fuel.

if you are a beginner you can build muscle in a calorie deficit

>I'm worried that I'm not eating enough
Nigga you can fast (not eat ANYTHING) 7 days in a row without paying much attention to yourself. I fast 48 hours every single week, meaning I only eat 5 days out of 7 and even then it's on a massive deficit. Starvation is a retarded elite mind control meme, you literally can't die of starvation unless you're locked in a cell and have the key thrown away, and even then chances are you'll still be kinda alive after a month.

That's fair enough, I just didn't want to go too crazy with cutting early on and end up breaking if this got too hard.

I did maintain around 214 lbs a couple years back when I was in a college boxing club three days a week, but now that I work from home I'm having trouble working on getting any kind of movement in.

>bought a belt that wouldn’t even go around my waist all the way a few years ago
>got it to the second notch recently
Calories In, Calories Out, boys

>5'9
>used to be 42 BMI, 285lbs
>currently 25.5 BMI, 172lbs
Fuckin making it boys.

Attached: okaeri.jpg (838x1566, 241K)

1200 is pretty aggressive with that amount of exercise, especially for men. Try bumping it up to 1400/1500 for more sustainable weight loss imo. You're only at 175. Just get back to your old habits, bit by bit.

Attached: IMG_20180713_080331.jpg (1024x460, 54K)

How much weight is it realistic to lose in 2 months? Trying to maintain 1k deficit, gym 3 days a week and quite a lot of walking everyday.
110.4 kg now at 6'3, think I could make it to 105?

Attached: 1533035027519.jpg (761x1024, 51K)

I started in may last year

about a stone
however you might drop a bunch of water weight if you're just starting out

Any reason for the wimpy frequency? Up your cardio to 5x a week min and a deficit with lots of water try to go more vegetarian than not and ull lose the weight quick ad. 5kg in 2 months is nothing but if ur onlyy exercising 3 fayd a week dont exprct it to melt right off

Nah been on this since Christmas, lost 17kg which is pretty meh but it's progress.

also try doing shadow boxing at home for cardio until you get more stamina, it's also much easier on your joints if you're fat

your rough guide should be 1kg/2lbs a week for sustainable weight loss

300 calories by itself with toast (at min 70 calories a slice) and another egg (78 calories) you aren't going to make it as you're addicted to food

you gotta learn to replace the craved food with something similar but less calories. try a chocolate fudge pop if your craving chocolate (40 calories) or only buy those tiny one piece chocolates and keep a handful and give the rest away so you don't eat them all. learning to control your eating is the only real way to make it and complete avoidance of foods never works as it ends up in binging 100% of the time once you reach a breaking point

good job bro

I'm hovering just above 200 and I just injured myself on a run a week ago. IT Band injuries are fucking ruthless, only can be fixed by a painful massage or painful foam rolling.

Time for a cheat day lads

Attached: bonlessswingsandfries.jpg (900x1200, 181K)

looks good user, saved and will try later

use sailrabbit for calculating tdee and your deficit

~450 cal is perfectly acceptable for a meal. and again i'm always below my deficit and i always overestimate my calories. whatever attitude you're taking towards food is almost as unhealthy as the fat mentality.

Attached: littlesnack.jpg (1080x1350, 255K)

Attached: brunch.jpg (1080x1350, 404K)

I'm on my 7th cheat day for the week myself.

cheese is definitely the most important part of a cheat meal

Attached: pizza.jpg (960x960, 166K)

>cheese is definitely the most important part of a cheat meal
>posts hardly any cheese
If you're going to shitpost, at least do it right.

Attached: 1501842622314.jpg (450x253, 23K)

cheese posting

Attached: pizzafries.jpg (742x888, 129K)

U want cheese? I got cheese

Attached: poutine.jpg (3072x2058, 536K)

where? off camera?

Feast your eyes on this lad

Attached: amazing.jpg (576x960, 54K)

can you get sick from losing weight?
As in, can the stuff thats being held inside your fat cells fuck you up when you start releasing the fat?

I must have developed a genuine mental disease. When I look at food, all I see is numbers and nutrition facts.

if you're doing keto you could fuck up your kidneys

Only if you have been into hard drugs, as traces of them can get stored in your fat cells. So if you come clean but lose weight, you will rebound.

this smells like based Boston

Fuck brehs, I've already lost 55 pounds, but right now I am stagnating at 198 and cannot force myself to go down with weight. I am maintaining this for about a year now. What to do brehs to move forward again?

That looks like shit mate. Like literal runny chunky shit. Probably tastes great though.

I don't have a tape measure yet, just spent all my bucks on equipment. Can anyone estimate my body fat %? I'm thinking I'm 30%.
5'11 1/2
205 lbs this morning.

Attached: 8_4_18flappy.jpg (617x610, 39K)

Based off your Monday it looks like you are one of those faggots who tracks exercise on your dieting app. You are a trash person and your opinion should be of little concern to anyone else in this thread.

>how does a fatass with no muscle look terrible compared to somebody with low body fat and much more muscle
is Jow Forums really this dumb?

>73kg at 6'2/188cm
>still look fat with manboobs
>lifting for years
>loose skin
>wasnt even obese at my worst (105-110kg)

>peopel

Attached: wrong.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Ooh is someone jealous they have no self control

Oink oink. Can't stay below 500 cals?

Tough luck tubby ^_^

Hey anons hope y'all have had a great weekend! Not gonna lie anons, I've been on the road all weekend and definitely fucked up and ate over my daily count by 500 both yesterday and Friday, so happy to be back online and having y'all to help me and vice versa, love y'all anons! We are all gonna make it!

Attached: 1462697608083.png (600x600, 683K)

30% sounds about right user.

Why did I go on vacation /fat/?

I'm pretty sure I overate/undermoved daily.

Back on the horse, here we go!

Attached: 1086338.jpg (655x368, 39K)

it's ok to take a break every now and then user, it's good that you enjoyed your holiday.

Uh do someone want to rate my workout?
//warm up
stretching
1 km run
//heavy
bench press 4x8
deadlift 4x8
weighted squat 4x8
//dumbbels
lying fly 4x8
incline benc press 4x8
seated soulder press 4x8
alternated bicep curls 4x8
//no weight
50 simple squat (sometimes 2x50)
4x10 push up
2x50 sit up
3x5 crunching
rowing, 4x4 minutes on level 7, between 3-4 km

I also try to keep my calories at 2000 (I'm 186 cm), also I go around by bike, and run for 40 minutes twice a week (it used to be 3, but right now with the bike I do enough cardio I think). I lost 3 kg so far, I'm used to be 97 kg, right now I'm 93-94, goal is between 80-85 by end of the year.

I also want to do pull-ups but I'm too weak for that yet :(

WEnt to IHOP for my cheat meal today brahs
Oh the pain

Attached: DDF5557E-91FC-4745-8084-20E4676ABFFC.jpg (3264x2448, 1.52M)

Reminder that cheat days are fucking stupid and will get you nowhere. If you aren't training yourself to be repulsed by greasy shitty food then you will never make it. sorry lads

Attached: fph pizza.png (1920x3634, 2.5M)

does anyone else notice a strong heartbeat (not fast) 20-30 mins after eating when you haven't eaten for a while?
i've felt it before if i ate a really big meal or one with lots of sugars, but here i'm eating pretty good meals fairly high in protein and pretty low carb. it seems the longer between meals the worse it is.