For those of you in the 1000lbs club, how long do you estimate it took you to reach from the time you started lifting?

For those of you in the 1000lbs club, how long do you estimate it took you to reach from the time you started lifting?

I have it as a goal but I'm not sure what a realistic timeline would look like.

Attached: logo.png (1136x760, 910K)

It took me about 8 months from nothing tbqh.

does OHP count in 1k club or is it just deadlift/squat/bench?

you mean 1000lb bench, press, and row Club right?

Should take 3-6 months starting from nothing if you’re doing SS

For people asking 1000lbs club is Bench, Back Squat, and Deadlift. And about 1 year of solid lifting, with a base from sports.

>SS
>row
also, >implying anyone gives a care how much you row

Took me a year of serious lifting

About a year. And that was starting as an Auschwitz mode skelly.

If it is taking you significantly longer than that, then you are fucking up somehow.

my PL total after 2.5 years of training is 550kg / 1200lb

so about 2 years. could have done it sooner if Id known more from day one tho. spent alot of time trying to eek out LP when I should have moved on, and had some injuries

Attached: 1499445548835.jpg (630x720, 93K)

>implying anyone gives a care how much YOU row

>tfw lifts are less than half of 1000plbs because home gym has no way to train legs and deadlifting takes a long time
My best lift is 1pl8 ohp

Attached: 1532683161527.png (485x443, 51K)

about 15 months on a PPL but i also did a lot of cardio so could probably have done it even sooner

I was in the 1000 pound club in high school, but my football coach told us all that instead of swuat it’s leg press. So I wasn’t really.

6 months ish... bench was the hardest to get up

5 months, but i wasnt a newbie, i knew what i was doing

thats squat bench dead, no ohp, right?

lol if leg press counted Id be in the 2000lb+ club

I'm at 925 after a little over a year.

anything less than 8 months = you have shit genetics

Learn 2 clean then you can front squat

>thats squat bench dead, no ohp, right?
no its curls and tricep extensions

I'd say it takes about a year. More or less depending on how good your training is and whether you're actually going for 1RMs.

I was 235lbs so it took me like 5 months of SS lol

So get a fucking squat rack/cage/stands. How can you honestly call it a home gym without that?

>implying anyone gives a care that you lift

Attached: 343.jpg (596x628, 42K)

In your opinion, when should one switch from LP to another program?

if you stall and there is no other obvious factor causing it (nutrition, sleep, form etc) then move on

around 3 months give or take

I'm thinking of adding weighted chin ups and taking the weight I do from those off of dead lift, cause I have a bad lower back and am scared of snap city.

wtf kind of logic is that?? just follow a non retarded program with appropriate intensities and have good technique

Idk mang, Ive never really deadlifted consistently or tried to go too heavy cause I've seen too many people who went full retard and got messed up backs. Im going for aesthetics over strength so having a mega heavy dl probably won't make much a difference right?

you need to deadlift

Shiiiet. Got any links or info on why it's so necessary / benefits?

deadlifts are only important if you compete in powerlifting or play sports, theyre arguably the best exercise for building sprinting power and probably second only to squats for adding mass to your body

that said, you can totally get aesthetic without doing deadlifts. if you hit the lower body with squats and get the back with weighted chinups and rows, you dont need deadlifts

That's what I'm saying. I know they're super great as a compound lift but couldn't I hit all those muscles with a variety of other less dangerous lifts?

What's the respectable female equivalent of 1000lb club?

sounds like coward bitch ass talk to me

Yes. You can build a proportional, strong, and aesthetic body without doing deadlifts.

Hell, I know a guy who looks incredibly jacked and all he does is rock climbing and pushups, squats, and chinups with a weighted vest.

The can do 45 mins of cardio at 6.5mph on treadmill and have a huge booty and tight pussy from squats and hip thrusts club

I just want to be able to walk without pain as an old man.

700lbs. It'll be about the same wilks equivalent.

mega heavy dl probably won't make much a difference right?
Deadlifts build the fuck out of every muscle behind you but lats, rear delts and calives.
Literally just do rows, chins, face pulls and calf raises with deadlifts and you will be bretty good

What a fucking bitch.

Former athlete here, my 1000lb club involved bench, squat, power clean. Took me about a year of solid lifting to reach (5-6 days a week).

For the gymcel version of 1000lb club (b/s/d), took me relatively 2 months to catch my DL up to speed.

Also, friendly reminder- if you aren't subtracting your total body weight from your lifting total, you aren't doing any "club" right.

BW = 275 lbs

I'd like to agree with that, but would edit that amount to 750 lbs. Women absolutely mog men when it comes to power output in squat/deadlift, pound for pound.

8 months. But i was severely obese then so i guess it would be longer if you were skinny

Took me about 6 months over which time I bulked from 165 pounds to 190 pounds. I was ottermode starting though. I'm now at 1125 around 200 pounds body weight.

There's no reason to be alive if you don't do deadlift.

They don't
The only women to have the highest wilks on any lift is Jen Thomson and her pl8 bench at 60kg.

Meant for

if it took you a year i wouldnt call you an athlete

Attached: 05 - UCQhhO6.jpg (1280x1280, 545K)

wait ONE thousand? you should get that on your linear SS, 2-3mo

I have no idea. I lifted in high school on my coaches workout plan and then transitioned into programs on my own in college. I'm extraordinarily autistic about what program I use and will change at the drop of a pin. My point is I just kind of have this mess of past workout experience with no real start or end that somehow ended with 385lbs squat 435 dead and 275 bench. IDK dude, what I'm trying to say is keep track of goals and benchmarks, is way more fun when you do.