Why do most MMA fighters have unaesthetic bodies?

Why do most MMA fighters have unaesthetic bodies?

A lot of them do have low body fat as a result of cutting during weigh ins. But they always have some weird fucked-up physique.

>Thicc obliques
>Small chest and arms
>Disproportionately wide lats

I get that aesthetic fighters do exist. Is it simply because the muscles used for fighting aren't the same ones that happen to be important for aesthetics?

Attached: natediazblood.jpg (960x540, 40K)

MMAfags are concerned with technique, not asthethics. Having nice traps isn’t going to do you shit in a fight

Yea some are genetically gifted and will look good regardless. You answered your own question

Most fighters have weaknesses and strengths, and if they have certain fighting styles/techniques that could be improved from having certain muscle groups be more or less focused on then they adjust accordingly. Then there are things like making sure they are in the right weight class, agility, etc. I am not a fighting expert but I assume this is partly the case of why they aren't concerned with aesthetics

Wide strong back is important for striking and grappling, whereas huge legs and bodybuilder pecs will it add weight onto them. It's easier to cut weight when you don't have muscle mass in places you don't need.

Wtf I actually always thought quite the opposite and I always wondered why tf would you do bodybuilding if trainjng combat sports gives you superb aesthetic physique while bodybuilders actually look like shit and all the girls prefer the combat sports-like body

Attached: yoel-romero-open-workouts-video.jpg (1000x600, 451K)

Aesthetics mean nothing in a fight

/thread

Function over form. Obviously.

Putting on muscles means putting on weight, and possibly moving up a weightclass, so if you’re a 5’8 manlet UFC fighter putting on mass, yeah you’re hella stacked but uh-oh, suddenly you’re up against 6’2 lanklets with a huge reach and leverage advantage

>Is it simply because the muscles used for fighting aren't the same ones that happen to be important for aesthetics?
yes, why is this a suprise to you? the reason a lot of people shit on aesthetics fags is because they are useful for nothing but looks, hence they have their own style of weightlifting. they aren't functional at all

they would still fuck you up tho, so it doesn't matter what you think.

I LUH YOU MIKE
I LUH YOU
SEE YOU SOON
BOY

>cuban
>first name starts with y

slave genes

Lamo they should be so thankful
I guess if his ancestors weren't captured he might have been a modern warlord in Africa, but I'm sure a UFC fighter is a close second

Isn't fighting more cardio than strength? Sure you have to be somewhat strong but you don't need to be a powerlifter. What you do need is endurance to outlast your opponent.

I agree, most UFC fighters have a fantastic body, only some do not.

Kind of this.
Many muscles aren't really the most ideal in terms of fighting. Eg chest muscles, the only use for them is if you want to push people off you from the bottom. but then you open yourself up to get punched, so you want to keep them close. thats kinda why grapplers are thiccer. When you aren't getting punched in the face, strength is much more useful, but in MMA type striking, speed and strength are better. Thats why you see most fighters doing all sorts of HIIT.

As for cutting weight, Its usually water weight they cut. Not fat. Creatine is a favorite of mine to bulk up during training and then just cut the water before the fights. You just recover so much faster.

This. At 5'11 I've fought at 185lb, 174lb and 164lb. Im not fucking doing 164 again, but its doable.

MMA fighter yes, but grapplers need to be incredibly strong

Because they're training to beat the shit out of people, not to stand and admire themselves in front of a mirror like homosexuals, you fucking faggot.

>mfw someone says mma fighters are unaesthetic

Attached: pic_related.jpg (420x330, 32K)

Chest and bis aren't as important as forearms delts and back
If you look at 'big' mma fighters they aren't aesthetic but they are wide across the shoulders and back with big forearms.

I would bet that aesthetics aren't a top priority in their training and their physiques are a reflection of that

YOEL ROMERO IS A BIG TIME JUICER

Used to look a lot better when I lifted. Had much better looking legs, glutes, pecs, my back was wider.

After I got into MMA and martial arts in general, I gained weight somehow, lost definition on my glutes and legs, lost my abs. Only my arms and delts are thicker, otherwise I look objectively less aesthetic.

That being said, I wouldn't trade were I forced to do only one. I can rob people of their consciousness with limited effort, that's priceless.

IMO this lad in pic related has a great body that serves a purpose. Like and said, it's all about functionality over aesthetics.

Attached: Robert Whittaker.jpg (1000x600, 136K)

Yeah, I've been training a while. This is my body, obviously not the body of a bodybuilder, but one of someone who fights, but the muscles that are developed play an important role.
Chest is best example, I can bench 225, but my chest is not going to be big. That won't ever be a big part of my routine, and so it won't grow the same way someone else's might

Attached: Snapchat-676706483.jpg (1080x2092, 218K)

can tell you're a manlet though
weight classes exist for a reason, you'd get starched at the weight classes that matter

5'11 post yourself.

You're cute though, everything above light middleweight matters

You're basing aesthetics on bodybuilding, instead of the aesthetics of a peak functional human

this is peak human atlethiccness just shows you Dad bods are the way of the future

Attached: bgus-965137-003-300w.jpg (300x450, 20K)

Wide lats because striking is using mostly back muscles and not much of biskeps.

Obliques developed to generate torsion for strikes, usually for leg strikes is the greatest activation for them. Lots of balancing is needed for fighters, obliques help stabilise the torso and spine

Their job is to win and get contracts, aesthetics go out the window. Nick and nate diaz,condit Nurmogomedov all shit ugly bods but technique is a1. Most use steroids like Yolo romero and Tyrone woodly

If I look or even dress like Yoel by the time I'm 40 I'll know I've made it

I’ve often wondered this myself, but it’s because being muscular does not equal being a better fighter, generally. The gym I train at doesn’t have any pro fighters, but we’re usually really good in competition, and most everyone looks dyel. They could still kill 80% of the population with their bare hands though.
Pros probably are more focused on cardio and technique than weight training, and even if they are bodybuilding the weight cut will kill their gains. For example, mgregor and Tyron woodley are the same height, but woodly fights at 170 and mcgregor fights at 155. They both still probably cut 20lbs to make weight.
>pic semi related

Attached: 26A06D67-8D4E-4188-B827-9F82F8B0529B.jpg (1242x1375, 1.31M)

For me, it sucks because I lost a lot of my gains after stopping lifting and taking up muay thai. At my peak, when I took my shirt off, girls would feel me up and shit at pool parties, but that doesn't happen anymore.

Maybe I'm being insecure, but I can't help but think I'm getting mogged by every other guy out there who lifts. Sure, I could probably beat any of them up in a fight, but the drop in aesthetics really sucks. I have a weird body now, wide traps/lats, small chest and arms, and good abs. My quads used to bulge, not anymore. Great cardio shape though.

Its amazing how this nigga hasn't been caught for juicing.

Attached: paulo costa.jpg (620x413, 46K)

Function over form.

However is possible to build an efficient fighting physique that also looks good.

Attached: bruce lee lat spread.jpg (500x400, 44K)

Those lats are literally my only aesthetics-related goal. They look so fucking cool.

I heard somewhere that GSP focused shitloads on lifting and weight training. He probably realized that in the real world, if you don't look the part, you ain't the part. His popularity is partially due to his physique aside from being a phenomenal fighter.

I'm also aiming for that functional hyper-evolved fighter look

Attached: GSP.jpg (318x159, 6K)

He's got nothing on Yoel.

Attached: roiding br cockroach.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 94K)

this man can fuck any other man in this world in a Cage under MMA rules

(OP)
Muscles require oxygen/energy and lots of it.
Having more muscle mass won't do shit in a fight, if you don't have stamina.

Imagine jumping out a plane, flaring your lats and gliding like a squirrel.

that doesn't look natty
if it is then I'm mad jelly

Attached: DF9UyvjXcAEQbqN.jpg (1200x675, 165K)

>had to use roids to beat a man that was older and smaller than him.

Attached: 1421892724008.jpg (125x110, 6K)

>Any paid athlete
>natty
No.

since when are fighters considered body builders?

secondary reason why MMA fighters have unaesthetic bodies: it's a cardio heavy sport that doesn't challenge muscle growth very much, and it's very technique heavy
number one, primary, real reason why MMA fighters have unaesthetic bodies:
U S A D A
S
A
D
A

Why the extra dots when the first two cover the integrity of your genitals?

I fucking love when he said this, Romero is just a cuban retard, but he is funny as fuck

>this is the body of an olympian and Ufc champion
>this is the body of a man who could rape you if he wanted to
>this is the body of a man making way more money than you ever will

Is dad bod peak performance lads?

at this point it's no longer just a coincidence
gymcels simply cannot compete

Attached: Screen shot 2018-04-02 at 8.22.46 PM.png (198x292, 99K)

NO FOR GAY JESUS

He did do a lot of weight training though, just more functional than for aesthetics

Just do both?

GSP focused shitloads on pretty much everything related to his performance as a fighter.

GSP does lifting and weight training and also is pretty well-known for incorporating a lot of gymnastics into his training.

Tertiary reason why MMA fighters have unaesthetic bodies, they tend to find either retarded or incredibly meme-y S&C coaches.

Webm related, former interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson who embraces meme exercises wholeheartedly. Unsurprisingly, he managed to severely fuck up his knees several ways to Sunday in an incredibly embarrassing and nonathletic way.

Attached: Tony Ferguson @tonyfergusonxt.webm (640x360, 2.69M)

Fighters have muscles developed for fighting. They tend to have bigger backs proportionally because those are the big deciders when it comes to grappling. They don't need huge pecs or arms because punches derive their power from the legs and hips.
The thick oblique come because martial artists tend to need a fuckton of core strength for both crunching, bridging and twisting when doing grappling work.

Even the basic takedowns use technique more than strength.

That-s not the real reason.
The real reason is the fact that mma fighters need to actually train their sport and dont put as much focus on hypertrophy.
That and their diet isn't always the best, there are plenty of mma fighters who openly admit that their diet is shit.
The ones that actually put effort in their muscles are the onest that are built, the ones that look like shit got off roids after USADA or have terrible hypertrophy centric training or terrible diets or a combination of the three.

Attached: paulo-costa-uriah-hall.jpg (770x433, 61K)

>"snapdowncity"
>those exercises
This is cinematography at the highest level

Kevin Lee has a pretty good physique too

not an argument, already proven tainted supplement grow up kid

except it wasn't lol?
the first time he popped for clomiphene and letrozole, in the same order where his meatheaded friend ordered the pills that contained clomiphene partially, he also placed an large order for clomiphene, they got caught literally forging an excuse should he pop

the second time he popped for turinabol

fuck outta here Malki, Jones is a roid head

You should consider still doing some weight training if you're not. Talking from experience, my training saw big improvements after I started doing so.

Costa vs Yoel on Nov 3 should be for the non-natty championship.

You just can't make this shit up.

because learning to punch, react/respond to attacks, submitting people, foot work mixed with intense cardio doesn't developed bodybuilder physiques. why can't people grasp this simple concept? it's a different type of muscle they're developing.

if you have weight limits youre not going to worry about how aesthetically pleasing your muscle proportions and size are. you just do the work

MMA is such gimmicky shit, I dont understand how people think its some type of athletic sporting pinnacle.

t. mad boxfag

>combat sports
thats some 31 ASVAB type shit

>art_jimmerson_vs_royce_gracie.mov

>Knowing what asvab is at all

Not a good way to appear smart

>defending MMA as an intellectual sport

You pick up a lot of little injuries to your joints training as hard and as long as they do and that means breaks from weightlifting.

There's no disadvantage to strength ofcourse big muscles can be a pain sometime. Getting stepped on or closing space you want to slip through and abuse. Mostly i's due to the former tho.

True but tell that to Yoel Romero who is only still among the living cause of his "nice traps"

going to my first ever MMA class this saturday (which includes MT and grappling).Can I still have a great physique if I combine these classes with my lifting and nutrition?

Fatigue is a real thing for me. I can sleep for 8+ hours and eat clean too, but it doesn't matter. Both my lifts suffer and I'm slow as shit when sparring.

woa no shit, like absolutely everyone, even the fat fuck daniel cormier is on juice

he got knocked out a year ago