And they said cardio kills your gains!

And they said cardio kills your gains!

Attached: Velocistas-Cycling-Legs.jpg (1000x656, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wonder what the 1st and 3rd guy’s squat numbers are

Sir Chris Hoy could leg press over 600kg when he was in Olympic trim

I like how the guys with good calve genetics both have rings while the normal human in the middle doesnt lmao fucking neanderthals getting all women baka

guy in center was first place...

excellent observation user, it appears that it has even helped them overcome manletism

Track cycling has little to do with cardio, just as one one would confuse Usain Bolt with a long distance runner.

they're Germans, one on the right is Robert Förstemann, he has a myostatin deficiency and ruined his career because he spent too much time in the gym instead on the track.
Idiot does 10x200kg

Attached: FD850BCB-6339-45E0-A81F-05561FA50309.jpg (1242x1721, 1.08M)

*no one

No it's a team sprint, they go in 3.
Must've happened in Britain due to the banner in the background. Too lazy to look up anything else.

>

gee i wonder if using steroids causes muscle gains regardless of diet

gee i wonder if top athletes in their sport ever considered using steroids

Wait so big calves are a neanderthal thing?

t. Dude with 19" calves who hasn't done leg day in 7 years and is married to a redhead qt.

I just want to know what their cycles are on top of all the obvious cycling shit like epo and transfusions with their own stored blood.

>t. someone who has never done any of the serious power-oriented cardio sports

Your average track sprinter would be a hyperventilating, vomiting mess after trying to compete in even a short "sprint" event in track cycling or rowing like the Keirin or the 2k. The closest comparison is the 1500m, and that's ignoring the fact that all cyclists and rowers cross train for endurance events, whether it be time trials for the bikers or 6k pieces for the rowers.

t. Collegiate/club rower who cross-trained on time trials.

Alright, then explain this buddy. Why do marathon runners look like starving Ethiopian children? Hmm? I mean, their muscles should be tailored for endurance, hmm?

Attached: pic+simbu.jpg (595x300, 167K)

>Sir Chris Hoy could leg press over 600kg when he was in Olympic trim
So can I and I never squatted 220kg to depth.

Walked out and quarter squatted 300kg a few times though.

That's nothing user... I can leg press that for 20+ reps lmao

D A T
A S S

Marathon runners look like that because carrying extra weight leads to additional energy expenditure, which when you're running very long distances impacts your endurance and your performance.

And why does that change when you're doing other things for very long distances? I don't think that it does.

not him but this makes no sense. On a bike you aren't "carrying" the weight, sprinters have huge muscles because they require explosive energy.

Who are you talking about that has huge muscles for long distances?

I guess that's true, the only weight your "carrying" is your upper-body with your core but you're gonna be doing that even while you're sitting down. Although, you gotta admit marathon cyclists still look like starving Ethiopian children compared to lifters.

Attached: TourdeTriangle1.jpg (800x550, 276K)

All of those guys specialize as "sprinters" in track cycling, which isnt really cardio.

in road cycling or enduro/xc you are most definitely 'carrying your weight' on the slightest of inclines.

there are swole marathon runners, pretty sure scoobz has run a few he just doesn't do it all the time.

Yeah, I think you may be right. I found this picture of tour de france winners and they look nothing like OP's picture.

Attached: 140728153735-french1-horizontal-gallery.jpg (640x360, 58K)

Yeah, but the best ones are always built like pic related. The most common body type to see in that sport, in that activity that people train for extensively is the anorexic looking skelly bodytype which looks nothing like a lifter.

Have you ever ridden a road bike before?
Your arms/core are holding your upper body your legs are both supported by the pedals.

Endurance athletes are very rarely build like brick shithouses. Because the more weight you carry the more energy you expend over distance.

no homo

Attached: 1522800715936.jpg (803x552, 46K)

tour de france winner vs tour de france sprinter
they shape their body according to whatever their strength is. they both have to make it over the mountains noetheless.
on gear? maybe, but cyclists in that echelon are the most tested athletes on the planet, doesn't mean they might not know how to circumvent that.

Attached: 13D4EE53-F2DF-45BE-9EF1-150F5EE138E9.jpg (2048x2048, 926K)

yeah of course - because they're doing it as a lifestyle, career or sport of choice. my point is moreso that a lot of people on this board think that any amount of cardio over half an hour will make you look auschwitz mode and will combust all of your muscle.

ask me how I know you're cheating your leg presses

go ahead

i don't really believe any professional athlete isn't on PEDs of some sort. doesn't make it any less impressive.

probably very low half life roids for some of them. Im sure some are on the cutting edge of things taking what basically counts as gene therapy to make them produce more test than normal and/or remove muscle catabolism.

This lie again

He's blasting gear natties with myostatin deficiencies don't get legs that big without injecting hormones

WADA is a joke

Attached: 1495502290501.jpg (640x640, 62K)

Cardio reduces the amount of reps you can do per set, if you do it right before lifting. Athlean X made a good video on it. youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o

It is generally accepted that adding cardio to your routine will cause you to lose strength. Normally you're gonna do cardio as a means to help you lean out on a cut. You'll get weaker the more cardio you do famalam. Idk if it will necessarily destroy your hypertrophy gains, but in this video, it shows how it can hurt your muscle building gains.

how

>they shape their body according to whatever their strength is
This

Reminder that these guys look ridiculous in everyday clothes. I have a cycling friend and he looks like a frog when he's wearing jeans. Looks hilarious.

what's the best bike disciple to get quads like those?

Running and biking can make your legs look good without raping your lumbar spine. Fact

Attached: 1511317434652.jpg (667x1000, 72K)

If done right yeah.

Years of sprinting with a high gear ratio. Just stick to lifting.

I want the right one to suffocate me with those thighs and then let me rim his thick ass

Running on hard surfaces will fuck your knees

Goddamn.
Worth risking jail for.

EPO/Blood Transfusions aren't used anymore

AICAR and GW1516 are new (although if retards on the internet know about them then theres probably some new)