Anyone see this? Seems pretty convincing

youtube.com/watch?v=_fbCcWyYthQ&t

Anyone see this? Seems pretty convincing.

Attached: 345745.jpg (740x470, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2kwl5LiuCs4
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wz25ljfpA0
youtube.com/watch?v=gd0oSNjHf1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TLDW volume is far more important than intensity

5-7 days a week, never going all out. Who the fuck has time for that.

also I'm sure this seems super convenient for any fatty at planet fitness doing 5mph walks on the treadmill

no hes a meme coach. look at people like chad wesley smith, greg cuckols or mike t. their advice is much better

most people joe has on about diet training, unless its MMA specific, are garbage

It's true if you've got the time for that. Thats why professional athletes train 6 days a week.

Does Joe Rogan ever question his guests or call them out or is he so desperately eager to please he generally agrees to everything to make his guests comfortable and continue spouting bullshit?

He had a whole podcast calling out ted nugent and called out kevin lee saying he was 5% bf and how that one coach that got Cody heemed fat

Optimal training depends on your goals, I don't think this guys main goal is to be huge and jacked

Volume is king if your goal is hypertrophy. Thats why training to failure is inferior.

Dr Mike Israetel made this concept famous over the last 2 years... Listen and learn:
youtube.com/watch?v=2kwl5LiuCs4

>greg cuckols
why cuckols? did his wife finally cheat on him?

it rhymes with nuckols...

Not gonna listen to anything coming from israel

Shoo shoo kike

Honestly, why? Part of the podcast is letting interviewers give their views, if Joe just wanted to give his opinion, why make it a podcast with guests?

he's very wordy but a bit of a goose the rest of the podcast he goes into weird rant about belief, god etc yet he's a muslim

it's a podcast or interview style of discussion not a debate

I love feeling sore tho

On the 1 hand Mike Israetel

On the other the roid manlet Jeff Nippard

Every once in awhile
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wz25ljfpA0

I don't have to watch the video to know that kettlebells are mentioned

I'm one of those "never worked out" guys and if I had not worked out to the point I was sore I would never have gotten anywhere.

Attached: 1530857386359.jpg (615x477, 100K)

T. Another thread on fit where people do mental mastuabation on simple training tactics

Attached: C3AC9321-66D7-4F4F-B1AE-28226C264111.jpg (225x225, 26K)

Or the Candance Owens podcast where they argue climate change and various other BS she peddles to get that paycheck.

I actually kind of started doing what he was talking about, and im convinced. I have 3 days off a week that i would normally delegate lifting to. But lately ive been spreading my compounds out more throughout the week to get more out of each workout. Going easier, not maxxing, but definitely getting overall more hours in the gym and feeling good. Its no meme, but unfortunately noobs can not do this. You have to bust your ass when youre starting no matter what.

Pull ups never make me sore though, even if I max out for every set

He trains fighters, not lifters.

So you shouldn't seriously consider this unless you compete in sport or competitive fighting.

Other than the fact that other posters have already proven you wrong about him not questioning guests. He actually agrees on this specific subject, so why would he challenge him?

Joe has promoted greasing the groove multiple times.

Pretty much all actual empirical data on training modalities, especially newer studies, points to volume being the most important factor for strength and size gains.

He's talking about FIGHT training. The raw strength or hypertrophy are not the goals of fighters. Skill and explosive speed are. He's saying you get more TIME in the gym to train SKILL if you don't go to failure all the time, which is true and maximizes the goals of fight training.

>meme coach
>coaches gsp

Uh....

Attached: gsp-reveals-that-he-actually-hates-fighting.jpg (630x354, 61K)

The canuck's training is pretty close to boris sheiko's programing,

its really not desu. if you can read russian Id add sheiko to my list tho

>Who the fuck has time for that.
Me.

How big do most of us really want to be?

Do you even watch the podcast? Even when he completely agrees with his guests, he's almost always playing devil's advocate.
It's just that a lot of the time, if he himself has no information at all, he'll assume his guests are correct until he has more information and counter-evidence.

He's one of the most unbiased interviewers I've ever seen, that's why so many people love his show.

he should've called out steven greer

This is including skill training into the equation and where most of the athletes training will be two skill based training sessions a day plus conditioning fit around that plus goal isn't hypertrophy and rarely absolute strength.

So given the circumstances to train optimally why would you go balls out

seconded. More intelligent people in the media can learn a lot from bro rogan

What the fuck is this bullshit. Sure hes got more volume over the course over a week, but he has less volume per day and will never reach muscle exhaustion. If you do a push up every half hour all day thats like 30 push ups, but its worth fucking nothing. You could do all 30 at once and actually gain a little muscle, even if its only 2 days a week instead of 6 or whatever.

He is talking about for performance/endurance like you see in wrestlers

Try this shit as a powerlifter and see how far you go. There are three different styles of training, strength, hypertrophy and endurance. This guy is talking about the last.

well, starting strenght is p much that.

Zahabi is about as mma specific as you can get. You should check out his tristar gym channel, amazing content and technical breakdown of fights.

He's paid by reebok to push crossfit, what do expect from him? the truth?

The same shit goes for powerlifting. He talks about rpe.

He hates Crossfit. He talks shit about Crossfit on the same jre episode and a ton of Crossfitters got butt hurt and made a shitload of YouTube replies. Reebok probably sponsors his gym since Reebok is partnered with the ufc and wants to be associated with gsp.

His point was that if you do 5 pushups a day 7 days a week it's 35 pushups compared to the guy that does 30 pushups once a week. It's a stupid point because the guy that does 30 pushups starts doing it twice a week and then it's 35/60.

Plus this guy looked like shit.

You guys... he's talking about training at RPE6-8 not go all out on everything all the time so you destroy your own body.

This, he’s talking about skills training and specifically says he’s it doesn’t apply to lifting

Some of you guys are embarrassingly brainless

(35x0,7)x7=170

100% broscience

not even the best one

youtube.com/watch?v=gd0oSNjHf1A

He's talking about literal professionals who want to maximise time in gym, not plebs who want to maximise gains with 10 hours a week in gym.

>Hurr if I do one pushup every 30 minutes I'll be better than someone who goes to failure once a day
Literally the same logic

Attached: 1507851496245.png (1024x595, 559K)

He doesn't even like lifting too much. He says he goes through a lifting period where he backs down on fight training, then he drops lifting and goes more into the sparring and whatnot. He prefers bodyweight stuff and gymnastics when in-season. You can imagine that lifting low intensity high frequency would be much better suited to someone who is also training hard for fighting, it's basic periodization.

Jesus you are an idiot, who interviews are just that. They arent intended to be debates of the topic at hand.

True but time under tension is still king and volume definitely gets you that.

For sure the coach who's trained multiple world champions is a meme my guy

Fucking brainlets he's talking about fight training not lifting

t. someone who doesnt know shit about strength and conditioning

most top MMA strength coaches are meme tier. the fighters are good because of their technical coaches

>chad wesley smith, greg cuckols or mike t
All of these are meme coaches except maybe Tuchscherer, and even he is ingrained with American dogma contrary to what all the most successful European coaches and sports scientists have developed over the 20th and early 21st century.

>will never reach muscle exhaustion
Absolute meme tier, literally only Americans still believe this actually matters

seems like a good place to ask - I'm starting BJJ and I wanna adjust my routine to carry over better and because I'll only be training only twice a week from now on. it's still gonna be based on compounds, but I think front squat and semi-sumo deadlift are more similar to grappling movements:
A:
>bench press 5x5
>semi-sumo 5x5
>glute bridge 3x8
>underhand grip pendlay row 3x8
B:
>front squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>neutral grip weighted chin-up 3x8
>weighted dips 3x8
any critique or tips?

>but I think front squat and semi-sumo deadlift are more similar to grappling movements:
dude kys, and if I ever fight you in a competition I will destroy you because you are a retarded fuckup to even come up with that routine

>simple compound-based full body
>front squat widely considered to carry over to sports better
retard. it's obvious you don't know anything about lifting besides maybe reading SS and the only competition you ever have a chance to participate in is taking most dicks in 24 hours.

If that were true, then you could get ripped by just doing a million pushups and bodyweight squats

Its nonsense for Fitness/ muscle building but has merit for competetive Sports that are more about skills and Timing like boxing etc

The variation of squat/deadlift you pick won't make any noticeable difference. Maybe don't use mixed grip when deadlifting to improve your grip strength.

It's a perfectly fine routine, you tard.

you're probably right, I've just been looking for excuses to replace regular squats and deadlifts with them because they feel much more natural with my leverages - long torso and femurs, but micro tibiae

Firas is talking specifically about people who do sports, especially MMA.
Yes, if you go absolutely all out every single time you train, you're never going to get the volume of practice required for mastery in your sport.
The video isn't bodybuilding advice, it's general athletic advice.

More pulling. Our sport involves far more pulling than pushing and pull lifts will help with kyphotic posture. Also - for what it's worth - Ryron says he wishes he had spent more time on hypertrophy, so you may want to spend a few mesos here and there branching out into 60-70% 1RM in the 8 - 15 rep range.

>Joe Rogan - How To Workout Smarter
Maybe you should actually BE smarter, you fucking idiot. "Workout" is a noun; you mean "work out".

To anyone listening to this, Firas specifically says in the interview that this is specific to MMA and sports training because skill work is hampered by soreness.

>skill work is hampered by soreness.
that's kinda bullshit reason, because you stop feeling sore after some time, even when going to failure and even the worst doms disappear completely after an exhausting warmup typical to martial arts. I do think his approach is correct, but it's because frequency and constant progression are much more important than intensity and that going to failure should happen only at the end of a training mesocycle

>who the fuck has time for that
a gymcel like me

I think he just meant fatigue, not soreness/doms. they lowball strength and conditioning because its more important to be 100% for technical training