Who else absolutely hates the lunge...

Who else absolutely hates the lunge? It feels weird and it's not necessary with things like squats and the leg extension. Split squats are terrible too

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 5K)

I do, tried dumbbell lunge the other day to keep working on quads. do you do one legs reps in one go, or alternate legs

I hate it, but I do it because I feel the burn when I do it

I do 4 sets of 12 reps (1 set = 24 reps if you count both legs), and I use a 24 kilo cowbell to do it

Better than Bulgarian Split Squats though. I hate that shit.

>Bulgarian Split Squats

Attached: 1453044654538.jpg (542x474, 27K)

I hate it because I'm a fat motherfucker and I always feel like I'm losing balance while doing them

I alternate legs from a stopped position like the two times I did them

Who else feels like their fucking kneecaps are going to shatter when going down?

Yeah I've always hated it. Can never keep the balance and it always feels awkward as fuck.

Do them on a train tracks stance, not a tightrope
Better for balance.
And anyone who doesn't do unilateral leg work, and only does bilateral work is a moron

>do lunges
>kneecaps shoot across the room and kill someone

I always thought I lost balance because my lower body muscles were too weak for this shit?

What if I just squat and do leg extensions

you lose balance cause of weak gluetus medius muscles, pay attention to these

normal lunges are just connective tissue punishments.
Try reverse lunges. Also, Bulg split squats are the best leg exercise period

>Best leg exercise
Not saying it's squats

BSS are squats, a better version

That would be the front squat.

Attached: 1534005621622.jpg (409x618, 58K)

for your sake I hope this post was made ironically

The two legged barbell squat for 5 reps around 90% is the best leg exercise

BSS makes my instep hurts. WTF am I doing wrong?

not driving through your heel?

>mfw he can't do a pistol squat

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7AlwT_tecP_jyFVFFbbpGCQskp4SNpwd9mOh4oajijU0uDRqF.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Unless your an athlete training to build up speed and explosiveness its a pretty pointless lift.

can pistol squat atg on my right leg, can barely get halfway to parallel on my left for some reason

If you're not doing weighted lunges you're literally cucking your gains and you might as well be dead to the world.

I'm actually the exact same. In my case, I think it's down to flexibility.

My left arm is also weaker than my right, shit's fucked.

You sound like you might know a thing or two. When I do lunges I lunge down a stretch of the gym floor. As I take my steps I widen my gait. This really helps stabilize me and I feel my whole legs burning. Am I doing them inefficiently?

t. no quads

I despise lunges but they are one of the most useful exercises to improve athleticism especially reverse lunges

Any experience with doing transverse lunges?

again, you do this probably cause of the weak gluteus medius muscles, so you compensate by widening your gait, but nothing wrong about the burn, it means you're owrking your muscles, but try incorporating some gluteus medius exercises, you can google them, and see if this makes an improvement
gluteus medius muscles are the ones that work to keep your pelvis level, so if they are weak your body will compensate, in your case by widening gait

Never done them weighted. A good warm-up exercise but I'm not sure how well it applies to functional movements.