B-but I thought carbs and insulin were what made people fat

b-but I thought carbs and insulin were what made people fat

Attached: btfo.png (996x1350, 659K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/08/how_do_you_lose_weight_which_d.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>thomas Bemis XDDD

Attached: Spurdo.jpg (1600x900, 105K)

"We believe that obesity is an etiologically more heterogeneous disorder that includes combinations of genetic, metabolic, hormonal, psychological, behavioral, environmental, economic, and societal factors."
t.Kevin D Hall

These studies are done by everyone all the time and it appears random which groups will lose more fat so it can be safely assumed that differences in the groups are from chance and publishing bias.

Just go on his twitter and read what hes saying, shit like diet & exercise are not the most acceptable means to lose weight

>diet and exercise aren't the best way to lose weight
so what the fuck is?

amputation

Pretty much this, combined with people pushing anecdotal evidence.

Keto and fasting are great to treat some specific conditions but outside of that, CoCo is pretty much right, just keep in mind that micros are important too. Without micros, your body isn't working at peak condition behind the scenes, and you tend to feel shit and do less too.

>micros
Too often ignored on Jow Forums. I started using cronometer for that purpose.

piss fasting

CiCo*

>piss fasting
wut

The question is: What sources of fat and carbs were used?

You can eat carbs, as long as they aren't garbage. Fruits and veg are a good place to start.

Carbs are more addictive than fat, and therefore fat restriction with have higher compliance

Losing bodyfat isn't the same as gaining it.

only works if you go all the way so the body kicks into ketosis. nothing beats ketosis (besides fasting) for speed of weight loss

I lose bodyfat much better on high carb/low fat than I do on high fat/low carb.

Anecdotal evidence of course but yeah fat doesn’t work well with my body when it comes to getting lean and staying lean, but carbs do work very well.

The leanest I am is when I am consuming pasta for a shit load of my calories everyday and the rest protein with a tiny bit of fat.

Pasta was terrible for me when I was losing weight. Probably mostly water weight because I used salt, but pasta is bland as fuck without using salted water.

A lot of people who claim dramatic fat loss from low carb/keto diets don't realize that the 10 lbs they lose in the first 3 weeks is nearly all water. Low carb is a great way to dry out, but it's really caloric deficit that drives actual fat loss.

Pretty much this. Water weight is a hell of a thing

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/08/how_do_you_lose_weight_which_d.html

TLDR if you don't fully read the article (not just the title and abstract) you have no idea what actually happened and the article is likely complete trash, media will report the title regardless (as long as it's sufficiently provocative).