Can you gain muscle size and strength while on a caloric deficet...

Can you gain muscle size and strength while on a caloric deficet, so long as your protein intake is enough for your muscle to recover and grow?

im 19
i weigh 100kg/240lbs
im 5'11

My current routine consists of strength power lifting workouts and bodybuilding hypertrophy workouts. Should this change?

PIC is me btw. Would love all advice. Thanks

Attached: big_nigga.jpg (603x603, 48K)

youve got solid muscle mass, not cut down to 85. and youll be aesthetic as fuck.
you wont gain any muscle, but if you workout while cutting and your protein intake is good you wont lose much

The body of a 35yo man with the face of a 21yo man.. interesting

Attached: 1532292505197.jpg (527x440, 123K)

>PIC is me btw

Attached: 1519333409045.jpg (538x616, 23K)

Bruh, you got a shit brick house frame. Im jealous of your arms

add trap exercises

Answer is yes. Some say its slower than on a surplus but in the end you stay leaner longer.

>Can you gain muscle size and strength while on a caloric deficet
in order to grow bigger and stronger you have to eat more, in order to drop weight you have to eat less

now use your brain you fucking retarded shit

Attached: images.jpg (257x196, 11K)

Did you not read my fucking question you dumb phaggot?

"Can you gain muscle size and strength while on a caloric deficet, so long as your protein intake is enough for your muscle to recover and grow?"

There you go bro.

Your question has been answered you dumb phuk.

Attached: 0EE405F5-BA0E-4968-BD84-38CC718F8AC6.jpg (600x600, 46K)

you have the arms of a Strongman who has been competing for like a decade. mirin.

Do you do Farmer's Walks? How did you do it?

you won't grow you dumb faggot because you need calories, not just protein

> 19 year old Boomer

Also OP you can. Do Intermittent Fasting and get 180g of protein in your feeding window. Try to shrink the window to 4 hours or less if you can.

I.F. is important because the hormones released while in fasting state (HGH and IGF1 and others) prevent muscle catabolisation and promote fat burning.

I did a 1000kcal deficit cut (2500 -> 1500), eating 150g protein each day, while doing Starting Strength. I put on muscle mass and increased my lifts while losing weight for about 6 weeks before I stopped cutting. I was not as big as you though.

you have the face of a 12 year old boy and the body of a husky overweight dad who wears flannel and did manual labor all his life

Cheers brother I do shitloads of farmer walks. High volume low intensity low volume high intensity. I at least do farmers twice a week. The first one being I grab a 20kg plate in each hand and walk all up and down my street for like 15m. The second I load the bar up with heavy ass weight and walk that for 15m

Called it! Thats great. I really want to add them. I snapped a ligament in my wrist so am delaying it right now. I was going to weld some farmers walk bars but I see you have had good progress with just the plates and bar so Ill just try that first.

>implying you can’t use the energy stored in your own fat to train and therefore gain muscle mass if your proteins intake is sufficient

Retard, it’s possible, difficult, slow, but scientifically possible

only on paper, in real life scenario he won't see any results at all

Bro wtf if I saw you on the street I wouldn't know whether to return you to your parents or to the care home.

>cope

Vertical face growth yet again destroys any chance of looking good, no matter how strong.

Attached: 800DB4E1-2748-4075-AC8F-543FB83D0E2E.jpg (480x472, 66K)

research shows that you can make gains but they're very slow if you compare them to regular bulking

100kg is 220lbs user

you have a lot of extra fat, you can still gain on a deficit my man, good luck on the cut. Go for like 10-20% deficit maximum

This is what women mean when they say dadbod btw

I have been intermittently fasting while getting enough proteins, and i got stronger. Not sure if i gained muscle mass, doe

Except that literally happens in real life when you start lifting and never did any sport before.
Granted it’s not going to happen for natty lifters with years of training and over 22 FFMI

Go full bear mode you fag. You got the FRAME