QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.
I'll start:
I've been stalling on my weighted pullups for forever. After I do the first set my muscles are just done. Even if I take a 5-6 minute break after doing eg. 8 reps on current weight on the first set I can only do like 6 reps on the second set and like 4 on the last.
Doing them 3x6-8
How to progress?

Attached: 1530318033758.png (1373x833, 59K)

Is cut bad for our health in the long term? I have been cuttin for a week at only - 500 tdee and i feel bad and dizzy like if i were in a dream, i eat 45 fats and 100 hc and 150 prot a day

low blood sugar most likely. Brain needs glucose to function and you are probably experience less carbs to the brain.

You mean to tag to me? thanks for reply but im eating 100 carbs a day and 40 of them are sugar from fruit like banana or from milk

I’m doing SS and all my lifts are progressing fine. However I went to do squats and I failed on the last rep of the first set. Then I buckled down and knocked out the last two sets without failure. Admittedly my head wasn’t Into the first set. Had a busy weekend with shit sleep. My question is, should I just do that weight again? Or deload a bit?

What can I eat that will give me a fuckton of carbs really fast and almost nothing else?

I'm on keto for 2 days now.

My skin is burning and my joints ache, is this keto flu?

Cook your oats until paste, mix with water. Drink snot textured complex carbs.
I hate oats but if I'm behind my morning routine, it's my go to. Over load with lat pulldowns. Go back to unweighted and hit from different angles and grips. Your micros could be off, or your workout to intense for the sleep you get. It's very important to rest enough when on a cut and lifting. Just a guess tho. Not a whole lot of info to go on.

Thanks for reply, i also do cardio 3-4 times a week and lift plus sleep bad since i wake up at night like 4 times, i guess i have to rise a bit the kcals in the cut

Start with it next time, if you knock out the first set, progress, otherwise stay there until all sets are quality

Keto flu for me happens on the third day of fasting. It is mostly lethargy combined with light headedness. I didn’t experience today though, I think it is because I had extra salt anf made sure to hydrate.

How long does it take for me to normaly look how i look after a workout? After every workout i get hyped that im making progress and then go back to shit mode few hours later.

Should i continue benching with thoracic outlet syndrome?
My left shoulder is a bit internally rotated.
If not then what the hell do i replace it with

My left scapula is sticking out. I only do 3x8 pullups each day and I think I got it because of my poor form because my left chest has more muscle than my right one so I think my left arm has been pulling most of the weight. Does this fix itself if I take a break? What should I do? Stop pull ups and do stretching exercises to fix it? It doesnt really hurt but I can feel it a bit.

Attached: 1528992437301.jpg (746x739, 43K)

Thoughts on working out like a prisoner (high rep calisthenics) for gains?

Attached: 1533702372413.jpg (945x945, 117K)

You will chase your pump forever.
It's the rainbow of the you you can become. When you think you've reached it you'll see the new way you look with a pump. Never stop chasing it. I do calistetics and dumbbell training because no gym. Until next month.
I enjoy it. Try a deck of cards workout routine and add pull ups. You'll build a little and cut up great. I've never done a only calistetic routine tho

Whats the deck of cards?

Attached: 1533702695853.jpg (1080x1080, 122K)

Number of reps is card number. Face cards are 10. Aces 15.
Diamonds- pushups
Clubs- crunches
Spades- squats
Hearts-burpees
Add jokers as one minute break.
Time yourself. It's fun, changes the routine and you'll time your progress.
I wouldn't recommend only that. Add chin ups. I try and beat my old time once a month. It came to mind because I learned it from a prisoner friend who was built fucking huge

Is calisthenics a meme? Can i go from 25% bodyfat to 12% with a decent fit looking body doing just calisthenics and jumping rope?

What are some good exercises when you've had lifelong knee issues. My knee structure has left me somewhat knock-kneed and with a certain degree of anterior pelvic tilt. Leg presses and RDLs are painful, and I've dislocated my knee before, which has generally made one of my knees a lot of more sensitive to bending and putting pressure on it.

Am I doomed to be a curlbro?

Not Jow Forums related: Why can I talk to and get a girls number easily in person, but then when it comes time to even set up a easy study date that they said in person they were down for, they flake out or pull some other shit? It would be alot nicer if they just told me to fuck off in person. I've been on a shit streak lately here at uni and if they didn't seem interested in person I wouldn't be so annoyed by it. This last girl actually seemed into me but I guess I was wrong

fit related: What are proper macro percentages I should get? I keep seeing conflicting information, alot of it saying it doesn't really matter. Ultimately how much protein, carbs, and fat should I get in a day?

Attached: IMG_2350.jpg (810x959, 152K)

You can get to low body fat with that and a proper cutting diet. You just won't get huge muscles by just doing that

I'm a PT for this old couple, and one of them has shit knees. All she can do really is leg extensions and leg curls. I feel like that would be your best bet.

Since you're a PT, do you have any idea why squatting might be more comfortable than leg presses?

>leg extensions
lol, that is easily the most uncomfortable thing I've ever done to my knees in the gym. I don't know what it is, but the way it pushes against my kneecaps produces very sharp pain.

What’s a good way to add conditioning to the Texas Method, I’ve just started it and I want to continue my cardiovascular health but volume days kill me so I don’t do long distance running. When I did SS I was doing 5K training witn it but running two miles on volume day has me dying.

I'm not sure to be honest. I mean the cop out answer is "the form differs between the two" but a physical therapist will know better than most PTs and doctors when it comes to this stuff. For example I thought I had pulled my groin more than once (drs said I did every time) but when I went to a physical therepist they were able to tell me it was just my back that was fucked up (before my PT days lol)

warning I could make a thread given how concerned I am, but I'll ask here. I think I have an inguinal hernia. It's only been noticeable for a couple days now. I'm in my 20s and can only recall a couple instances I may have strained myself in the past few days

does Jow Forums have any advice about exercises/stretches I can do or food to eat that might encourage my body resolve the issue? or am I going to the hospital tomorrow?

Hospital now, you crazy motherfucker.

should i get a spotter for a +2pl8 squat? im concerned about shit

Are you retarded? Just use the safety bars and you'll be fine or dump the weight if youre about to fail. Spotters for squatting is kinda dumb in my opinion. But if you absolutely don't feel comfortable then do it it's not a big deal. When people ask me to spot them on squats idc at all about it

I'm what you would call a skeleton and recently joined a gym doing reddits PPL, I feel like I could lift more than what I have recently been doing but my forearms tire themselves out before the main muscles I'm working in some workouts (bench, DL, bent over bb rows),It could be my form since its not perfect but I am still trying to fix it.
Do I incorporate forearms workouts?

I'm afraid that my occupation is a real turn off to girls. I got a degree and a good job in the federal government. I'm still dyel but look good, so I'm going ok. But Once they find out how boring my job is they are not interested anymore.
I'd like to find a girl with a stable job like nursing, or something because it tells me that they are independent and smart. The girl also has to be healthy. Yet the only girls that like me are fat and don't have good jobs.
So my question is what can I do to keep their interest besides changing careers. It seems that any girl with a college degree and job wants nothing to do with me. At least that's the pattern I see.
I feel bad

Attached: abra.png (250x250, 39K)

Iktfb

t. GS-8

Hi guys, I want to start the Stronglift 5x5, the problem is that none of the gyms near me have a power rack, and I have no friends, so I don't have anyone to spot(even though I don't lift heavy, however, based on the program, the weights will increase linearly). What should I do? Keep searching? Or just pray that the bench press doesn't kill me?

I've only started working out the last three weeks.

I noticed I get really light headed when I'm doing leg presses. What's going on there?

Bench won't kill you. I've trapped myself below the bar >10 times. If you're under or around your bodyweight, roll it to your hips and stand up with it. No biggy, minor bruise in abs from rolling, at worst

100g of chicken breast has 165 calories
it has 31g protein, 3.6g fat, 0g carbs
what makes up the other 65.4g?
if 31g of protein is 124 calories and 3.6g of fat is 32.4 calories what makes up the remaining 8.6 calories?

Attached: Untitled.png (280x591, 16K)

I don't think a hernia is immediately life-threatening, so you shouldn't have to go to the ER. But you do need to see a doctor, and you will need surgery if it is a hernia. They don't go away on their own.

Have you tried changing your rep scheme? If 8 reps at whatever weight you're doing leaves you too gassed to do your other sets, so something else. Try 4 sets of 6 instead.

I'm 6'2" around 185 pounds at around 10-11% bf give or take and I want to get to 200, is it feasible to get to 200 naturally if I get up to 13-15% bodyfat?

I will keep that in mind, I don't know something as silly as not finding a gym with a power rack to get in the way of my gains.

okay, thank you

can someone else weigh in on this too?

I put nair on my junk a couple days ago cuz my bush was pisssing me off and now I got some irritate follicles and ingrown hairs in the area above my dick and on my inner thighs. Will putting some aftershave on my pubic area help at all?

Okay, what should I eat before a long run, if anything? The other day I didn't eat for 3 hours before a run and still got the shits and stomach cramps. Can I eat a mars bar 20 minutes before going?

onions

>not benching without the collars so you can just dump the weight off the bar like you're rowing a boat

Never gonna make it

Cardio during bulk? I do 10min (about 100 calories from what the machine says) everyday except leg days. Yay or nay?

>using cooked weight

don't do that

>10 minutes
>100 calories

are you in full sprint the whole time?

I’m not OP but what are you talking about? That’s pretty reasonable. I do moderate intensity on a treadmill and burn 300 in 20 mins.

And no I’m not a fatass (170 lbs)

I've since located it and it seems to be the case..

Doctor tomorrow it is

thanks fellas

toothpaste works better to dry it out

I eat 3 tablespoons of honey the other day because there was nothing in the cupboards. Is that really bad? How much honey is too much honey? Do you need to be sugar conscious with honey?

Attached: IMG_20180814_005015.jpg (480x461, 41K)

Is chicken nuggets something good to eat for the proteins or is it considered junk food? I oven them for 30 minutes on baking paper. I don't add oil.

Attached: 1512371670671m.jpg (1024x771, 97K)

Homegym fag here. Always been iffy on traditional deadlifts since it's lagging behind my other lifts. Tried the Jefferson Deadlift and my quads have never felt more positively fucked up like this before.

Is there anything really wrong with the Jefferson? Is it going to fuck up my back in the long run being at that slight twist?

Attached: Eric.png (790x487, 713K)

>do i need to be sugar conscious with sugar?

this is how you sound

is it okay if i do this routine

x/Push/Pull/Leg/Push/Pull/x

>one ticket to snap city please

If im cutting at tdee-500 they day i dp cardio how much more kcals i have to eat? Or it stays the same

The whole "if you don't drink over 3 litres of water every day you have creatine or you get renal failure" thing isn't real, r-right?

Attached: 23227033_506782899681256_1360359524_n.jpg (125x110, 4K)

>having days other than leg day
nay

I've just reached 5x5 for pull-ups. Should I start adding weight or go for more reps?

Is dips and pullups the only accessory excercise I need when on SL?
What about hyperextensions and cable crunches?

Anyone

Is GSLP a good starting routine as a beginner? The .pdf seems comprehensive and covers a lot of beginner questions.

This depends on your goals. If you are trying to lose weight, just continue to eat at tdee-500 and view those extra cals burned from cardio an added bonus.

it seems like a solid routine, I'd do squats/deads first, but that's just personal preference
SS, SL, GSLP are all good beginner routines, the differences are all pretty minor so it's all pretty much down to what you prefer

thanks for the reply. what's the best way to ensure my initial form is correct when learning lifts like deadlift?

I do 300 calories in 30min on the elliptical easily.

But wont it kill my gains? Shouldnt i even eat more protein at least?

literally they don't care
as long as it makes good money

After the second A day in a row of forgetting to do rows until I got home (I have some kettle bells there so I make up the difference in ftlbs with dumbbell rows) that Pendlay Rows are the redheaded stepchild of strength training.

On a similar note, does anyone else find they work themselves retarded and forget really obvious shit during or after a workout?

Hey Jow Forums

Give me some of your staple cutting meals. Need to add some variety to my cut. Tired of turkey burger combos

Attached: mascot_10.jpg (190x240, 10K)

PPL or Upper lower upper lower and why?

the longer you wait to get it taken care of the worse it will get

less

any white fish (tilapia, cod, etc) with a side of vegetables (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, etc)

pc related, my cutting lunch atm, just a can of tuna with sprouts on the side

Attached: 38482592_2248441082052591_7063497275061829632_n (1).jpg (2448x3264, 459K)

Keep doing pull ups just focus on keeping proper form and stop once you can't maintain proper form

Nice I like it. Definitely need more fish in my diet. What sauces and stuff do you typically add to your veg and fish? Your tuna in particular. I had mustard in mind

Too true friend, too true

mustard is great, a lot of flavor and you only need small quantities

I usually just season the white fish with pepper and salt and then grill it. 10/10 and still great for cutting (e.g. cod is 18gr of protein for just 70-75 calories per 100 gr.)

how do you avoid wrist pain in front squat?

gloves and straps did it for me

good grip + good form = no pain

Why can’t I improve in chin ups??

How to keep good form while deadlifting?

Attached: 1488867778122.jpg (979x832, 546K)

thanks, i just started doing them. it hurt me on 30 kg and it's pretty frustrating bc I know my legs can take more weight.

not sure where you are making a mistake, but in general: tighten up your core and ass, keep your head (neck) straight and focus on your grip and grip width.

Anyone

Okay my boyfriend is the never legday meme personified. He has been avoiding training his legs since forever and it has even fucked up his alignment.
>How do I get him to train his legs?
Every time he does plan to finally train legs he leaves the gym before getting to training legs because he's not feeling well.
I wouldn't be bothered by him not training legs, if it were not for him constantly complaining about his legs. The constant bitching in combination with not doing anything about it is what the problem is to me. Even running makes him nervous and leg doms make him worried.

>be me
>playing shooty hoops after workout
>make shitty joke about the chicken choke out loud to people I’m playing with
>dudes on the other side could probably hear too
>every single one a complete stranger
How bad is it?
Do I need to change gyms?

I take a pill at night that makes me sleepy and It lingers a bit during the day, any way to counter this so I feel more energetic at the gym?

not trying hard enough

Tell him to train legs first when he goes to the gym.
>running makes him nervous and leg doms make him worried
Sounds like a pussy.

I plan to buy a bench. That said, I can't buy at the moment. I want to do bench presses at home. A few questions:

How do I know if I'm doing the bench press correctly? If I'm in the proper form?

Can I do it on a bed, at the edge, with bench pressing using dumbbells at one side, then next at the other at the edge of the bed?

I bench with dumbbells at home, just put a carpet on the floor and bench

Attached: 53387865-close-up-of-slim-body-of-sporty-girl-rolling-the-fitness-carpet-she-is-kneeling-isolated.jp (1300x865, 96K)

creatine

But won't that hinder the full movement of a bench press?

I stack them pretty high, or you can put other shit beneath the carpet so you create a platform

How did you do it?

i have a shitload of paperback books from my college years, i just make a platform and put my carpet on them

You walk around showing off where you are strongest. Your big arms. You wear sweats to the gym. I want you to wear baggy shirts and shorts. Out of embarrassment you will train legs.

dumb him and tell him it's because your quads/calves are too small.
That'll make him start training them