/routine/ general

Getting strength/size back after two months of fucking around/not lifting. My goals are hypertrophy + strength

MONDAY
>Squat 5/3/1, 5x5
>Bench 5/3/1, 5x5
>Assistance Work

WEDNESDAY
>Deadlift 5/3/1, 5x5
>OHP 5/3/1, 5x5
>Assistance Work

FRIDAY
>Bench 5/3/1, 5x5
>Squat 5/3/1, 5x5
>Assistance Work

Attached: fitgslp.jpg (243x208, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters
barbellmedicine.com/scivationstrong/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anybody have opinions on coolcicada's ppl routine? I was thinking of switching to it but replacing rows with deadlift because not deadlifting is weak shit.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 7.48.49 PM.png (520x509, 104K)

No idea, but I am also curious. I would like to do something like PPL but not have to lift 6 days a week. Can I skip one of the leg days?

I wish this image was smaller. I can almost read it.
>you fucking cuck

Attached: 1514945282836.png (700x600, 37K)

with coolcicada's, most people add a top set of deadlifts (1x5) on either pull day or leg day

For the deload, is it go down 10% and continue from there, or just for the next workout only.
Like for example:
200 - 180 - 185 - 190 - 195 -200
or
200 - 180 - 200

>4-6 minute rest between working sets
ain't nobody got time for that shit, Jesus

Attached: 30245F06-FF43-44C7-A269-E170003DB84B.jpg (511x559, 73K)

Kids without bigboy jobs do.

what should i do if i dont make 5 reps in sets after the 1st? still deload?

I'm DYEL, what does this notation mean:
>5/3/1, 5x5

Lol at all it routines

>no routine
>go to gym everyday and just train whatever I feel like

Living the life

There doesn't seem to be any pulling movements in your routine besides deadlift. You have so much volume for strength in the pressing movements, try adding BB/Pendlay rows for strength (3x5, or that Jim Wendler fuckshit that you're running)

My Hypertrophy focused PPL:

PPLPPLX

Push Day:

1 Upper Chest Exercise (Incline DB Bench Press/Incline Close Grip DB Bench Press/Low-Pulley Cable Flys/Incline Chest Press Machine) 4x6-10
1 Middle Chest Exercise (DB Bench Press/Close Grip DB Bench Press/Chest Press Machine/Cable Flys) 4x6-10
1 Lower Chest Exercise (Usually just High-Pulley Cable Flys) 4x8-12
2 Front/Side Delts Exercises (Some variation of Shoulder Press/Laterall Raise) 4x8-12
2 Triceps Exercises 4x8-12

Pull Day:

1 Vertical Pull Exercise (Weighed Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups/Etc) 4x8-12
2 Rows Variations (Bent-Over/T-Bar/Seated/Wide-Grip/Etc) 4x8-12
1 Rear Delt Exercise (Rear Delt Cable Flys/Face-Pulls/Bent-Over Raise) 4x8-12
2 Biceps Exercises 4x8-12
1 Traps Exercise 3x8-12

Leg Day:

Squats 4x4-6
Leg Press Variation/Leg Extension 4x8-12
Romanian Deadlift 4x8-12
Leg Curls 4x8-12
2 Calf Exercises 4x14-18
1 Abs Exercise 3x10

Do Push/Pull. Move quads to push day and hamstrings to pull day.

Started pic related when I went on a cut, hoping to at least retain 1/2/3/4 for 1rms when I'm done

Attached: received_1853546564705672.png (1041x871, 156K)

do you spend 3 hours in a gym every day? fuck me there is literally no need to do 3 different chest exercises. that fluff and pump routine cannot facilitate progressive overload with any significant weight, your recovery will be too shot

I spend 1.5 hours in the gym and get atleast 72 hours of recovery per muscle group, if I did PPLXPPL, my recovery would be even longer. That’s enough.

Don't believe this homo because he hasn't reached PPL level yet
You can easily finish that shit in like 80 minutes give or take

first option but you probably need to increase volume if you stalled for reasons other than fatigue

>5/3/1 refers to a workout template that has you working up to your 5, 3, and 1 rep max in successive weeks. Google "Jim Wendler 5/3/1"

>5x5 = "five sets of five reps"

Plz Rate
have have decent results in the past, atm at 2/3/4/5, 190lbs

Attached: Routine.png (1732x698, 53K)

Oh great, this meme routine again

Attached: Untitled.png (290x223, 111K)

Do Starting Strength, you idiot.

Push
(3-5x5) Bench Press
(3-5x5) OHP
(3-5x5) Squat
(3x8-12) Tricep exercise

Pull
(3-5x5) Bent Over Row
(3-5x5) Chin/Pull Ups or Vertical Pull exercise
(1-3x5) Deadlifts
(3x8-12) Exercise

Push, Pull, Rest, Push, Pull, Rest, Rest

A solid strength builder with the K.I.S.S premise that allows me to plug in other things on off days.

(3x8-12) Bicep Exercise for last pull exercise derp

2x5 minute rests = 10 minutes rest for each main compound or 30 mins total rest. Ends up being about 50-60 mins total. Pretty normal desu, also after first set I usually only rest for 3 minutes.

A:
Flat bb bench 3x10
Incline DB bench 3x10
Dumbbell Curl 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x10

AAAAAAA

I’m doing a modified SS with rows replaced by weighted-chinups and added curls and tri pressdowns until I hit green man on symmetric strength

How's this for a beginner more interested in upper body aesthetics?

Attached: image.jpg (505x122, 36K)

Looks ok but best novice full body routine is Fierce 5, look it up

My lifts are all intermediate and I want to do full body, I'm going to bulk and do Arnolds Golden six for some months. What kind of a progression should I use?

5/3/1 progression is nice, especially for an intermediate

Went from starting strength to this mess I made myself from what I felt worked. Been thinking of trying vanilla 5/3/1 or the Boring but big variant but worried I’m too weak still and the less reps and frequency will fuck my shit up. Wat do Jow Forums?

Attached: 8E06100C-24B8-474C-8E0B-A1F26766675A.png (750x1334, 1.11M)

This looks really good. What were you doing before to get to 1234?

I'm a beginner with pretty much 0 muscle mass - does this look like a good enough plan to get a stable, balanced body?

Workout A
Squat - 5x5
Bench Press - 5x5
Barbell Row - 5x5
Barbell Shrugs - 3x8
Bicycles - 3x15 (each side)

Workout B
Squat - 5x5
Overhead Press - 5x5
Deadlift - 1 or 2x5
Barbell Curl - 3x8
Planks - However long I can hold it (at least 30 sec)

I'm alternating it so a week will look like :
A, rest, B, rest, A, rest, B, rest; and so on.

On the rest days I'm walking/jogging 2-3 miles and playing drums

Attached: Polar Bear Bud.gif (80x70, 20K)

Did you ever end up posting your body?

How's she looking bois

Attached: Screenshot_20180814-124416_Personal Training Coach.jpg (1440x2960, 538K)

Looks good mate, you don’t need the ab stuff if you don’t wanna do them

Haven't lifted in 6 months due to travel and grad school. Should I just revert back to SL for some restarting linear progression gains?

Warmup:
Planks 1x60sec
Side Planks 1x60sec
L-Sit progression 3x10sec
Push-Up progression 3x10

Workout A:
3x5 OHP / Bench Press
3x5 Rows / Chin ups
3x5 Squats
3x5 Front Squats
1xF Farmer Walks
2x12 Shrugs
2x12 Curls
30min Cardio

Workout B:
3x5 OHP / Bench Press
3x5 Rows / Chin ups
1x5 Deadlift / 1x5 Shrugs
2x12 Hammer Curls
2x12 Dips
3x8 Neck Curls
30min Cardio

Anything wrong here bros

Atrocious volume and weight. If you can't lift heavy, at least lift decent volume

I find the ab stuff fun! Hahaha
And thank you!

When you get to at least 2/3/4/5 you'll know why that much time is needed

Oh great, this meme routine again

Attached: 1533917766378.jpg (500x478, 254K)

Yep

Attached: A7BDB197-79A1-4DD8-A16D-746C30620FBA.jpg (1080x1921, 435K)

SL is shit, do SS.

can you recommend a balanced Push/Pull/Rest/Push/Pull/Rest/Rest routine?

been doing more back off doubles lately and on saturday and sunday i just try to do 50 total squats at whatever feels heaviest in whatever rep x set range i feel like

Attached: 38717301_2127550717572298_6443971126199582720_n.jpg (400x545, 42K)

Looking to get into lifting, but not SS. Greyskull variants and AllPro's Beginner routine have both caught my eye. What are your recommendations between the two, and justification?

Attached: 1532057902698.jpg (894x894, 194K)

Does my GSLP have too much volume for 4 days? AxBxABx

A
>press
>deadlift
>dips - 2x5, 1xAMRAP
>leg press - 3x8
>cable rows - 3x8
>curls - 2x10
>wrist curls - 2x10
>core work - 2x10

B
>bench
>squat
>rows - 2x5, 1xAMRAP
>chins - 3x5
>ghr - 3x8
>tricep accessory - 2x10
>shrugs 2x10
>core work 2x10

The core work is one of 3 exercises that changes each lift day
>cable crunch
>side bends
>leg raises

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

just do SS and GOMAD you fucking skeleton

How's this for a beginner? I figured t was pretty good because it hits all the major lifts and its basically all barbell dumbbell exercises. I also jog three times a week

Attached: 5x5 3 day routine.png (467x569, 21K)

did SS for 5 months and then 2 8-week cycles of madcows

Yes
Fullbody takes me 90 mins with 3-5m rest, I just get up early

>inb4 why is it retarded

I can only go to the gym once a week

Attached: prog3.png (170x229, 6K)

Attached: split_routine.jpg (375x187, 28K)

kek

>5x5 deads
>all that upper body work
that's fucking unoptimal.
You'll either stop upping the weight, or you'll take HOURS, you have 4 serious 5x5 exercises per day! That's too fucking much, your sessions should take about 1h as a natty guy, warming up for a 5x5 and resting enough to use the same challenging weight set after set (if you fail from the 2nd set onward, you needed to rest more) can take more than half an hour already, you should limit yourself to 2 serious 5x5s per day (or even just 1 after the first few months).
Pick your battles, or after the first few weeks (while you're working up from nothing to a moderate working weight, let's say while you're squatting less than bodyweight just to put it in perspective) it will be too much, you'll stall, and you'll risk getting injured.
Also, you're better off doing a few curls/tris/rear and lat raises every time, and if you're into cardio consider switching to jumping rope so you'll work your calves while doing cardio (and could skip th calf raises, they're inefficient)

thanks for the advice, I was a bit hesitant to begin with with this routine but yea you're right these workouts would take way to long. Also I've never even considered rope jumping as a calf exercise so thanks for the tip

Attached: thumbs up.jpg (400x400, 20K)

user, pls

You do what you gotta do, but it would REALLY be easier if you could get to the gym 2/week.
You have at least a pullup bar, some paralleles for dips, a bar (probably standard, not olympic) and some weights but not really too much at home, so
>you could do front squats instead of those 50 bw squats
at least it would do something. You shouldn't clean too much with a sleeveless bar, but doing a single clean to then front squat will be ok, like you're probably doing to ohp.
Or you could just to dips and chins 3/week, going to the gym for squats and deads, if you only have a couple dumbbells.

A

Deadlift 2x5
Bench 3x8
OHP 3x5
Any kind of row 3x8
Any hamstring exercice 3x5
Any biceps curl exercice 4x10
Any calf exercice 4x10

B

Same but squat 3x5 instead of deadlift

AxBxBxx

cardio/sport with friends on off days

hamstring 3x10 not 5

>all those rows but no chin ups
>OHP and bench will eventually interfere with each other
By your 3x5ing you're a beginner, why aren't you just doing SS? ok, SS with some extra curls/calves/triceps/side delts, who cares.

Running a four day bastardization of Greyskull LP with a bodyweight warm up. A combination of the Jow Forums Greyskull LP and the BrotaSWOLus Greyskull LP, loving it so far, but only been on for a couple weeks, so no concrete review of it so far

If anyone has suggestions for improvements, or wants the spreadsheet, hit me up

Attached: Screenshot_20180815-122339.png (1440x2560, 284K)

R8

Attached: r9HA1FJ3JRXB28DTMl_mDoUtnr7Ko2e-3LCM869whuA.png (481x584, 13K)

Pointless extra volume for a beginner

>Beginner Program
>Progression Rate same as most INTERMEDIATE routines
Just do something else, and switch to an actual intermediate routine once you're done being a beginner.

It's a bit deadlift heavy. You'll likely will stop progressing sooner rather than later, at that point it would be smart to lighten the loads of a deadlift day, and then of a squat day too.
But you probably already knew this.

Been running it for a year. Added a set of deads on every other back day. Been making some pretty good gains despite eating like shit

I consistently do 3-4 minutes between. Of course when you actually do 85% of max weight, you'll understand the toll it takes.

A:
>bench press 5x5
>hang power snatch 3x3
>semi-sumo deadlift 5x5
>glute bridge 3x8
>underhand rows 3x8
>woodchoppers 3x10
B:
>front squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>lunge 3x5
>weighted chin-ups 3x8
>weighted dips 3x8
>face pulls 3x10

Are you a meme?
Or what are you? A beginner with more creativity than sense, or an experienced lifter that doesn't want to write about how he periodizes?

I've always been fairly good at progressing in Deadlifts compared to the other 3 main lifts, so I figured twice weekly would work in the short term. Once I start to stall hard on them, I'll probably sub the Friday Deadlifts for just deficits or maybe Heavy Rows. But for now, Heavy Deadlifts and Deficits aren't causing much stress on me

barbellmedicine.com/scivationstrong/

Attached: 1529244844006.jpg (650x1294, 357K)

How do you do 5/3/1 and 5x5 at the same time

coming back to lifting so linear progression so far. usually twice a week, sometimes 3, but the number of workouts per week will vary, because I have a lot of business trips lately. I'm lifting mostly as assistance for BJJ, but there's literally nothing wrong with using this workout as a full body workout for a beginner

why not upper lower?

> (You)
>Atrocious volume and weight. If you can't lift heavy, at least lift decent volume

What do you mean. My weight is going up each session no problem.
I'm asking what the routine looks like, not what you think my lifts look like

There are a number of specific exercises, odd that a beginner would have such preferences.
If you're coming back to lifting, the only thing that jumps out is... 5x5 deads? are you doing them very light because you're coming back after a back injury?
btw, for a beginner I'd do power cleans instead of snatches (technically a bit easier, also moves more weight, and that might be an issue if you've hurt your back but would be good for a beginner), and skip bridges and lunges at the beginning.

p-post body... for research

Because people like training their upper body more than training legs. So adding legs to an upper body workout (like squats on a push day) will make it less like a chore. If you like training your legs, do an UL split. Its all about preference anyway. Choose the program you'll most likely stick to.

>If you're coming back to lifting, the only thing that jumps out is... 5x5 deads? are you doing them very light because you're coming back after a back injury?
I haven't really hurt my back and the break was unrelated to lifting, but I was feeling some kind of nerve pain from conv deads and low bar squats the next day. I'm just responding well to a bit higher deads volume and semi-sumo is the variation that's optimal for my leverages, so they aren't very taxing. I'm progressing much faster now than with 1x5 conventional (I'm occasionally checking it too), which was stalling all the time
>btw, for a beginner I'd do power cleans instead of snatches (technically a bit easier, also moves more weight, and that might be an issue if you've hurt your back but would be good for a beginner)
agreed, it's just my preference right now
>skip bridges and lunges at the beginning.
maybe, but unilateral leg exercises and hip extension exercises make a huge difference for general athleticism imo, for me at least

this user gets it

>for me at least
I guess that's the point, for general athleticism everybody responds to different exercises.
For me it takes the clean&press or some barbell complexes.

I don't have a dedicated leg day because I don't like doing leg exercises. Fuck off.

Push—
Bench, 3x5
OHP, 3x5
Flyes, 3x12
Reverse Flyes, 3x12
Skullcrushers, 3x12
Shrugs, 3x12

Pull—
Deadlift, 3x5
Barbell row (45°), 3x5
Barbell curl, 3x5
Dumbbell row (90°), 3x12
Dumbbell curl, 3x12
Hammer curl, 3x12

When cutting I prioritize high-intensity compounds and skip the moderate lifts depending on how fatigued I'm feeling. This happens fairly frequently. I don't have access to pull-ups or dips at the moment. I'm curious whether I would be better off splitting my moderate lifts into separate days, adding incline bench on my high-intensity push days and lat raises on my moderate push days. It would look as follows, and adhere to the same PPxPPxx pattern as before, hitting each routine once per week.

Push/Heavy—
Bench, 3x5
OHP, 3x5
Incline Bench, 3x5
Flyes, 3x5

Pull/Heavy—
Deadlift, 3x5
Barbell row (45°), 3x5
Barbell curl, 3x5

Push/Moderate—
Flyes, 3x12
Lateral Raises, 3x12
Reverse Flyes, 3x12
Skullcrushers, 3x12
Shrugs, 3x12

Pull/Moderate—
Dumbbell row (90°), 3x12
Dumbbell curl, 3x12
Hammer curl, 3x12

Based PPL

>hypertrophy routine
He fell for the meme

you aren't at 2/3/4/5 though

feel free to prove me wrong with a video of your 225 overhead press

Is PHAT good for a twink shitter with some strength? I'm tired of being smol

>I'm tired of being smol
Have you considered eating moar?
Anyway, beginner or intermediate?

Yea I've just started to eat a lot more.

Anyways I'm probably in between beginner and intermediate. I can deadlift, squat, OHP. I do compounds, only touch certain machines, and focus on my form. But even with these fundamental ideas I have been inconsistent with how often I go, as well as my weight increases, so my lifts are still very shitty. Muscle growth has been crap the past 8 months and so I want to take this shit seriously going forward.

That's great, you could probably hop on SS for a few weeks and progress rapidly with good form!
It's a perfect storm, you're just did some technique work and are eating more.
You'll need some consistency, and won't last long, but as long as it lasts you'll get the fastest possible gains.
After that, if you're in it long-term, switch to the Texas Method, and do this trick gym owners hate:
>stay on the basic TM long enough to establish a 5RM, basically as soon as you stall on intensity day...
>do the TM but with 10s. 5x10 on Volume day, 1x10 on Intensity day.
>once you stall on that, you can do whatever. If you liked the Method, you could try some of the Advanced variations.
Eat enough, and you'll simply explode.

Posted this in qtddtot but here

>18
> 5’11”, 160lbs
>ppl

Bench 155*5
Squat 190*5
(Seated) ohp 115*5

Should I switch to a strength routine? Which one? Am I considered a beginner? Help

Have you exhausted a linerar progression routine?
If you have, you're not a beginner anymore.
If you haven't, you might still have some quick gains in easy reach.

I don’t believe I am progressing linearly anymore. I have been working out for about 8 months.
>fuck I’ve been working out for 8 months did I even progress could I have done these numbers when I started.jpeg
My squat and deadlift may be my only linearly progressing compounds.

>I don't like doing leg exercises

Why don't just kill yourself? You are going to look like vice admirals chicken legs in no time, you fucking fag.