Will swimming kill or aid gains?

Will swimming kill or aid gains?

Attached: 7AD499D8-B4B7-46DA-BAC7-378F14B7578E.png (500x405, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/diet-and-weight-loss/calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities
nytimes.com/1993/04/21/health/run-vs-swim-statistician-says-the-score-is-in.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you swim in open water, i.e. lake or the sea it will increase test or gains

if you swim in a pool, the chlorine, urine, fecal matter, semen and whatever else they pour in there will increase your estrogen and make you a twink

>if you swim in open water, i.e. lake or the sea it will increase test or gains
Enjoy having worms crawl up your urethra.

Attached: brainlettttt.png (500x500, 138K)

What

Its great for recovery/ preventing injury. Best used as a warm up desu

Will definitely aid. Regular cardio is essential to healthy living, and having a better aerobic system will let you recover from sets faster and circulate blood to muscles. Trust me, I swam competitively in high school.

I just signed up for swim time at my community college, twice a week. Very excited to do the only enjoyable cardio again.

The problem with open-water swimming is the waves can fuck up certain strokes. Really difficult to front-stroke when every time you pick up your head to the side to get a gulp of air, you're playing russian roulette and might get a wave of water instead. Or doing back-stroke and waves splash over your body and into your mouth/nose while you're trying to breathe. Basically means the only viable stroke is breast-stroke. I guess butterfly would work too.

I usually don't worry about sea critters, but over the weekend I went to a slightly further-away spot on the bay and when I came back from swimming out, I came back with these weird creatures on my skin. They were very small and translucent like shrimp, but they were latched onto me. Not sure if they're some sort of crustacean or a parasite or what. Didn't go back in the water at that location again.

Running can fuck your joints and spine up, swimming has no side effects and is the perfect sport to show off your gains.

Yeah but you burn more calories running and get bigger calves

If the only downside of swimming is it being a 30% less effective than running, then I still prefer swimming

So you then leave a pretty hunk of meat on the ground when your lower legs falls off from your knee exploding, big woop

i prefer swimming too because you train every muscle in your body.

t. shit genetics
You won't feel sore knees until you're 65
Homo sapiens evolved to run long distances.

LOL I bet you think CrossFit gets you buff

When I swim I get super big. Running has no such effect

lmao i remember seeing something on tv about a guy who took a piss in a river and had some fish/worm slither up his urethra and it killed him.

What does crossmeme have to do with swimming? Get a brain

The fact that it's basic calisthenics? Uhh?

My uni offers swimming classes, one for beginners another for fitness purposes. Taking one would cost me nothing but time. Would it be worth taking one or I know how to swim but just suck at it?

Crossfit does get you buff... its just that it also snaps alot of noobs and is full of bullshit and memes also for a ridiculous pricetag.

the only defensible thing about crossfit is circuit training and even then they manage to fuck that up

Attached: 9A20FB6E-85FF-4DDD-BE5B-3280507CFFCE.jpg (125x111, 10K)

i've been a competitive swimmer for many years and work as a lifeguard
>most swimmers have astma
>most pools don't have proper chlorine management

the primary reason swimming is so hyped is because it is upper body cardio, so you get slight muscle but balanced upper body development while doing a ton of cardio that's very easy on the body. Because it creates very little fatigued you can do alot of it, and there also burn a lot more calories.

my own to cents: indoor pools are litteral gas chambers, outdoor pools are chad exercise tanning beds.

Attached: 1523691555768.jpg (600x600, 88K)

These things?

Attached: Screenshot_183.png (741x270, 390K)

yeah but no you dont

>Not beeing able to swim correctly because of waves
Brainlet detected

>you burn more calories running
Totally false. For roughly equivalent distances in the same time frame, swimming can burn so much more calories

Source: my ass

im only really capable of doing breast stroke with tadpole like kicking... am i wasting my time?

>be landwhale
>move to Uni
>start SS and do Zeroto1Mile
>pounds start sliding off
I’ve lost over 130lbs in one year thanks to them. I’m now eating healthy and take care of myself but the difference between then and now had rumours of me doing meth going around my small town back home when I went back for the summer.

health.harvard.edu/diet-and-weight-loss/calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities
nytimes.com/1993/04/21/health/run-vs-swim-statistician-says-the-score-is-in.html
>Given the ratios he found for swimmers and runners, as well as measurements of oxygen consumption, Dr. Wainer deduced that champion swimmers burn 25 percent more calories than runners in a given time.
You have to run 9 minute miles for 30 minutes to burn the same amount of calories as a 30 minute swimming session which will be less intense overall

Butterfly in open water makes for a short swim

I love swimming during a cut. A no carb day with an hour or more of really good swimming really helps lean out and tone up.