/fat/ - Don't fall for memes edition

Who is /fat/ for?

For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

If you ask for help, remember to include your
>height
>weight
>screenshot of MyFitnessPal/Cronometer food log
>confirmation you've read the OP and the sticky

Last thread

Attached: diet properly.jpg (2724x2213, 573K)

Confess

Attached: xfgjkk.png (1024x1148, 50K)

Hey man, nothing wrong with a cheat meal once a month.
Just make sure it's scheduled and doesn't devolve into a whole day of cheat meals. Or worse.

>the boomer diet and exercise vs the Chad fast

Attached: 1525653555871.jpg (640x640, 79K)

Fucked a slampig yesterday.
It didn't feel good and I've felt miserable ever since.
Waistline's gotten pretty thin though so that's good, loose skin did become a bitch however.
Ya win some, ya lose some.

I fucking forgot to add cooking oil to my calories counter and it fucked my shit up.

An user reminded me last thread and I feel terrible

Attached: Screenshot_20180814-162355.png (1080x1920, 113K)

There's nothing wrong with a cheat meal as long as it is
>at or below maintenance
>used to replenish nutrients that may otherwise be missing during your cut

It's not an excuse to pig out on unhealthy food and set yourself back, which is what a lot of /fat/ties take it as.

Hammered as fuck, once again.
First weeks of uni’s gonna destroy my gainz.

It happens user.
One thing that helps me is to keep MFP next to me while I'm cooking and log everything in immediately as soon as I put it in the pan.

>people

Attached: wrong.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Yeah you're right.
Personally I've been eating at -1000 TDEE for the last few months and every first sunday of the month I have a cheat meal for dinner.
It's really helped keep my spirits up, never went over 2400 kcal in total (in one day, not one meal) though.

I broke fast for one day and managed to continue it afterwards, but even week later I crave pies. It didn't happen before I broke fast.

It's an Excel graph. Pic related

Attached: file.png (402x506, 37K)

I was thinking of trying Pam or one of those spray cooking oil things just so the food doesn't stick to the pan because with just 2 spoons of oil (1 for each dish) you're already 200 kcals up

any other bros find that hot coffee drastically lowers hunger?

after I eat breakfast and lunch I drink a cup of coffee and I don't feel the need to snack or anything for hours feelsgood

This!

During the week I eat at -1000 deficit, during the weekend I eat at -500 so I can have a couple of nice meals with my family and friends. I never count exercise tho, so probably I cut a little more than that.
I don't pig out, but if I want to have a scoop of ice cream or a slice of pizza I'll have it.
It's much easier and I imagine it is more sustainable in the long term than cutting all the time without ever having any fun with food and restricting constantly. I've been dieting like this for a couple of months and found it really easy, and weight loss to be consistent and pretty important (12 kg).

I just smoke a ciggie between breakfast and lunch which is when I feel the most hungry.
Sometimes after lunch if I'm skipping dinner.
I've been going for a week without snacking or cheating by smoking 2 ciggies a day

Invest in good pans. I have spent some money and got some really good pans, and never use oil for cooking.

Today I literally used 0 oil, all day.

youre chopping shit off the back end there bro. not healthy.

Got any recs for brands to look out for? I really need one since not adding the oil brought up my average daily up by 240.
I'm well under the recommended to lose 1kg per week but it still fucking sucks that 240 cals are going towards shit so the food doesn't stick

cmon man you know coffee is 1000x healthier than those cancer sticks

it's 2018 stop smoking cigs

2 a day is fine. Just don't smoke a pack per day and you'll be fine desu

I'm Yuropoor so I don't know about the brand.
But my favourite ones are those made in... stone, I want to say? They're awesome, nothing sticks. They're heavy as fuck tho.

Also if I'm home alone and 2lazy2cook, I cook my chicken in the sandwich press. It takes 1/3 of the time, doesn't stick and tastes amazing.

Ceramic coated pan would be my first guess, as cast iron does cause sticking and is the only other thing remotely "stone".

Does anyone know of good exercises for arthritis? I'm going to start swimming after I move tomorrow. What other options are there? The last time I did yoga I pinched a nerve in my back so I'm a bit wary of it.

It is actually stone! They look sort of like this, but they aren't from this brand. Just to give you a general idea.
Google this: Ozeri Stone Earth Pan

They're amazing, tho.

m/43/5'9/230
I'm running the fallowing program mainly for strength/size. Because I suck at diet and would rather be a strong fat guy if I can't be skinny.

Monday:
squat 7 sets of 4
overhead press 7 sets of 4
barbell rows 7 sets of 4
pull down machine until I can do pull ups 7 sets of 4

Wednesday:
deadlift 7 set of 4
bench 7sets of 4

Friday:
squat 7 sets of 4
overhead press 7 sets of 4
barbell rows 7 sets of 4

been on it for about two months and seeing good gains, if I get my diet in line I might even look good enough to get laid in a year or so. any feedback or whatever if you want. I'm so fucking lonely o might go out and try to find a hooker. I thought I made a friend at the gym, he would chat with me and have me spot him on the bench. and I thought we were cool, but he asked me for money and I felt used. any advice for a fat guy on tinder? if I get rejected on there any more i might just get a hooker.

Attached: IMG_20180813_144153.jpg (3024x4032, 3.63M)

My Fitness schedule turned to shit two weeks ago. I've also eaten my favorite cheat meal several times a week. Pasta with chorizo, cheese and some flavored salt.
Getting drunk several times hasn't helped either.

Attached: 1523569821974.jpg (900x900, 144K)

I f***** this disgusting girl on Tinder because she was the only one to respond to me ever I'm getting so desperate I might try and text her again give me strength oh Lord?

I was 240lbs then around the time of my uni exams I started to binge eat due to stress/revision (inside my room eating quick shitty food all day). after they ended there was obviously binge drinking and more shit food. I told myself I'd lose it over the summer. 2 months later I haven't.
Found these threads earlier today and from tomorrow it all changes. Currently at 265lbs.
I'm gonna make it, boys. 3 days of lifting, 4 days of fasting a week.

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone have experience of fasting/dieting in general whilst on modafinil? I used some for revising and have read that they can supress hunger and can also be good as a pre-workout

I have arthritis.
Doctor approved activities include anything you do in water such as swimming, water aerobics and walking, basically. And pilates.

Anything your granny would do.

Alcohol will completely fuck your shit up.
Not only does it have a shitload of calories it also inhibits you and makes it easier for you to cheat.

Attached: 1532992693507.png (672x673, 602K)

you probably have a std now

> any advice for a fat guy on tinder
if you're going to use it, dont use group pics, use full body pics. Be up front about your weight don't keep them guessing which one you are. Posting a pic with your atheltic chad friend might get you more matches but doesn't get more conversation once they know who you are.
However I would say my best advice is not to have it. Tinder isnt for fat guys. the only girls who match you are also gonna be fat and make you feel like or be total degenerate trailer park scum with diseases. Not getting matches for weeks on end might be pretty demoralising too and discourage you from sticking to diet/exercise

I have never understood this image. What is going on here?

Attached: A8292AB8-EB73-4CE0-A0E4-DBC9DD586AF7.jpg (575x630, 56K)

femjak gets turned on by fatjak eating lots of veggies, low kcal, and exercising

she gets turned off by fatjak doing meme diets like keto, fasting, and having cheat days (the way /fat/ usually does them)

Yesterday, after eating my one meal of the day I ate 2 snack chocolate bars, 1 cup of yogurt with honey and a package of crackers. I swore to myself I wouldn't fail today, but after eating my meal of the day I ate yogurt with jam and a package of cookies.

Please grant me strength and discipline to not let myself down once again, to not deceive myself into overeating.

In the upper part the fatties are holding good signs and the girl's crotch is wet.
In the lower part the fatties are holding bad signs and the girl's crotch is dry.
What's so hard to understand?

If OMAD isnt working then switch back to eating with a deficit. OMAD isnt a magic trick, its the same principle as CICO

Best cereal to eat for breakfast?
I'm guessing they're all empty carbs shit that make you feel empty after an hour but worth a try at least

i do oats with protein powder

Not him but while I agree it fucks you up it doesn’t necessarily have a shitton of calories. I was an alcoholic off of cheap vodka and aside from some salami and milk to get over hangovers I ate 2 measly meals a day, if at all. Made me a skelly

I have been doing OMAD with CICO for 3 months and I lost a considerably amount of weight, however, after a friend's birthday where I ate more than one meal that day, I've been having a hard time getting back on track. What do you guys usually do after a fuckup to go back to the good eating ways?

Best dumbbell only workout for starters.
Gonna do it every other day in-between my body workout days.

skinnyfat here ive been lifting for 5 months and still have the same pudgy body, help.

Attached: 1534100498753.png (1268x703, 1.15M)

>try to lose the stubborn lower belly fat
>family are a bunch of cunts and shove unhealthy food in my face and get legit mad when I refuse

what's your current routine?

Pulled a muscle in my thigh, how long till I can do cardio again?

Attached: 1534105790888.jpg (753x611, 87K)

basically /ss/
but for the first two months, i started with dumbbells as opposed to the barbell

Cheat meal/day? I'm going to a wedding this weekend, and was thinking of trying to stay over 600 kcal Saturday, so I can eat whatever I want Sunday. My normal day is 1650, so I'm fairly sure I'll feel full to the point of being sick if I go over 2600 Sunday. Is this a bad plan?

>caffeine
>healthy
May as well shove a vodka-soaked tampon in your asshole while your at it

When did you realize it was about 200% easier to eat under your TDEE once you eradicated this bullshit from your diet?

Attached: doughy-jew.jpg (600x400, 34K)

Fiber one cereal is god tier. It's 120 calories for a cup and you get 100% of your daily fiber.

You've just gotta buckle down and get back into the groove of things. Once you make it a habit again, it's a lot easier.
Just eat a moderate amount (get a small slice of cake instead of a fuckhuge one) and you should be fine.

Like a year ago. I think I weeped like a puppy. Carbs are my bane

Living in car to pay off medical bills faster. How into healthy eating when green veg+meats+dairy+eggs (80% of my old diet) are all perishable and I don't have a fridge? I currently live on dry rice that I microwave at work and occasionally put either refried beans or spaghetti sauce or curry bouillon cubes in as they cook. It's fine, but I'm seriously lacking nutrients and proper macros.

get a roommate and stop living in your car. don't be homeless just to pay medical bills

cans of tuna/sardines/canned tomatoes/etc?

before bed every night I went into the cabinets and cheated, usually a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter. hard to resist

fasting is not a meme, you low willed cucks

I NEED a gf
didn't care before because I knew I was fat and disgusting but now I've lost loads of weight and look pretty good, my feelings of loneliness are intensifying

Attached: sadcat.png (277x235, 99K)

I'm going to find a hooker sooner or later. just find someone willing to fuck you for money. that's my plan anyway.

I know! It's terrible, but sometimes you just make up excuses. At least im not back to drinking alone again because that made me fat as fuck. I've lost a lot of weight since, but for gods sake drinking alone will fuck your shit up.
Im back to a good productive routine again now, but the last two weeks has been really unhealthy. It just felt good to confess my fat sins.

Or you could learn pickup and actually develop the social skills and emotional fortitude required to have access to normal adult relationships?

About 2 weeks.

Not really. I eat bread (whole grain) in moderation and am able to lose weight easily.
Get some self control.

>eat bread
>where did all my calories go?
>hungry again in 2 hours
>have to waste willpower on resisting temptation to eat

>eat stuff other than bread
>meat, cheese, fruit
>sated all day
>can use willpower to do productive things like cardio

Bread is a sub-optimal strategy

>eat clean, white rice
>fucking delicious, filling, and goes well with anything

Attached: ms_frizzle2.png (400x300, 151K)

Whut app is that?

> Not chicken with beans
I ate 700 grams of food today for 1k kcal. I actually overestimated the satiating power of this shit and I've felt like throwing up since I ate 4 hours ago.
Tomorrow I'll eat 200 grams of chicken and 200 grams of beans for like 600 kcal and feel full all day.

readtheop premium

tanks
am autistic

that ship sailed long ago my friend

I lost my virginity at 26 after learning pickup.

Fix your shitty attitude.

I recently got back from a week-long vacation to Vegas. You can imagine how terribly I ate while there. All I can do now is get back on track.

>tfw going there in 7 days

I fucking pulled something in my lower back like a year ago moving a boat trailer like a mong and I just re-aggravated it.

my back is fucked for life gg boys

Your mistake was doing a week in Vegas, 4 days max.

Ever since hitting a plateau (or maybe last week was a bigger fuck-up than I realized), I’m trying out new stuff. I started my fast training, ordered a food scale, and planned how I will balance alternating fasts and eating. Plus I do plan on having a cheat meal at this point, but it will likely be my only meal that day right smack in the middle.

Vegas has some great restaurants. You just need to avoid the buffets that most people stick to

well that's the problem of starting with dumbbells, but I guess you can lift a good ammount now.

Stats? Weight?

I also want you to keep in mind that SS is a strenght training program, you're supposed to get strenght and NOT cut in weight if you're skinnyfat, you're supposed to maintain said physique, gain strenght for 6 months or so and then get into a different routine depending on your goals.

Let's say you were doing some sport and decided to get stronger so you do SS, you're supposed to stop whatever it is you're doing and follow SS line by line and once you get past the beginner level restart it. You don't do both, you don't modify it or you won't know if you're doing something wrong. Same goes for SL, both tell you to eat to maintain you weight so you have enough strenght to lift more weights.

Alternatively, if you want some mid ground where you can get mass while getting strenght then you should follow Greyskull, which is just a modified SS, but is slower on the strenght side, if that's your goal (both are similar, except squat will go up slower and squat tends to translate to every exercise, also the way the AMRAP is handled it targets hypertrophy and hence more mass gain)

I'm about 33-35% bodyfat. How slowly can I expect to hit my goal of 15%?[spoiler] it's really tough and im starting to give up[/spoiler]

What's your height/weight right now?

suicide tier @ 5ft 5 and a landwhale 188pounds

Yeah, I realize that. Not to mention it was expensive as fuck. I'm not going there again anytime soon though.

CICO is fucking real

Well I don't know about bf%, but you've got somewhere around 50 pounds to lose to get to an ideal weight. If you lose between 1 and 2 pounds (typically the max), it'll only take about 6 months.

thanks user. ill do my best. its my last shot before giving up

What are you doing to lose weight? How many calories are you eating daily? Do you have a food log you can post?

Also a word of advice: You will fuck up. I have a few times (see pic) and so has everybody on /fat/. You'll have bad days or even weeks where you don't lose any weight or gain some. Try to learn from it and do better the next day/week/month.

Just make sure your overall trend is good and you'll be good too. It's not going to happen overnight.

Attached: file.png (1056x768, 180K)

Bros, keto makes me want to kill myself. And apparently, I shouldn't even be eating animal protein every day. What the fuck else would I eat when I can't even have pasta or rice?

Smoking 2 cigs a day still raises your risk of heart disease my man

pasta or rice

Just do a sensible, balanced diet. There is no reason to do keto unless you have a legitimate medical need to do so (like having seizures).

I've been lazy and noncompliant with my diet for the last few days because I went to a convention and shirked all responsibility.
I ate like 2400kcal today, minimum. Normally would be fine, but I haven't been to the gym in almost a week. Going tomorrow. My hammies haven't hurt all day and that's been my excuse for the past few days. Also washing my dad's car tomorrow and I have a telephone interview on Monday. Things are looking up. Gotta remember to cook breakfast tomorrow, too. Don't be lazy.

ill post everything i have in like 48 hours from now.
consulted a professional and got to wait for what they say which will probably be tomorrow.

My doctor did recommend keto to me, but only as a weight loss method. I left my physical complaining about my gut and he said it's almost certainly related to my diet and weight.

I do feel better without eating carb, but pretty much every single meal since then has been some kind of animal protein and leafy greens. For breakfast/brunch I just have eggs, maybe sausage if I feel like it.

I miss my oats, potatoes, and rice. I know I should eat them much, much less now, but I don't think quitting cold turkey is for me.

didn't notice the crotch and there's literally nothing else indicative of arousal

So why is ketosis, as a long term diet, a meme?

Attached: tfwwaytoointelligent.png (807x935, 208K)

sometimes you gotta fuck a slampig. Women can literally smell the last time you got pussy

I've cut beer, bread, pasta, almost all carbs except the incidental carbs in peanut butter, and I only drink water and black coffee
The only thing I can't let go of is club soda, but I hear it's really bad for gut bacteria and general wellbeing
It's the only enjoyable thing I still have, do I cut it?

Also, learn to cook u fucks, you can make some bomb-ass meals with nearly no carbs and at like 400cals for a satisfying portion
Also, you really do stop being hungry after a few days of keto - it has no apparent downsides and has worked very well for weightloss over the last two months

Attached: BALGUS.jpg (1440x1080, 202K)

why shouldn't you be eating animal protein every day?