Alternatives for Pendlay Rows?

Alternatives for Pendlay Rows?

Attached: asda.jpg (1000x667, 23K)

literally anything

seated rows (?)
like is it as effective as this shit?

Good point. I agree that standing lateral raises are the exact same as Pendlay Rows.

T bar rows

Barbell rows

id say 50% effective
only use it as an accessory

any
other
rows

deadlift

cable row

Alrighty Jeff

Attached: 1181F03D-3978-4A49-9CEE-C111DC4207CA.jpg (560x396, 64K)

Depends what you want to work on?

There aren't any better options for developing explosivity/power from the floor whilst hitting your upper back hard.

If you just want to hit your back, barbell rows, tbar rows, seal rows, cable rows.

Chins + Shrugs + Facepulls

Do those 3 and Rows are not required ( at least for hypertrophy)

Seal rows

why is pendlay so popular on /fit? every DYEL talks about it. This is THE alternative to bb rows

because its good and has a better follow over to most sports than any other row.

tbars bitch

Guys when I do pendlay rows my left arm pulls higher up than my right arm... I'm also right handed so it makes no sense.

I tried dropping the weight and doing slow reps and my left arm is still able to contract further than my right, what do? :(

whats the bar path look like from the side? could your arm placement/angle be different on each side?

The issue is that there are 6 million variations on how to do barbell rows, and a ton of them are inefficient or are prone to cheating and half-repping and kipping. Pendlay rows are popular because it's a strict-form row. Start from the floor each time. Needs to reach your chest. Don't use your hips. Back as horizontal as safely possible. Reset form each rep. Other rows have a tendency to devolve into a sort of hip-thrust exercise, as well as the torso becoming more and more upright with every rep.

That and because pendlay rows are more horizontal, you get more involvement of the lower back and posterior chain for stabilization.

fuck idk it's possible but I don't have any friends to film for me

I guess I can try to set up my phone to record

Do you have some sort of previous elbow/shoulder injury? Also try doing pullups and see if you have a tendency to yank yourself up more with your left arm than your right.

I used to record my sets while I was starting off at uni gym. Just take one of those stools people use for box squats and box jumps and prop your phone up using a dumbbell on top. If you want you could try posting it on /plg/ and seeing what those guys think.

There's a mirror in front of the pullup bar and my form looks perfect desu

Okay, but does it feel perfect? It's one of those things where you'd be more likely to feel one side is pulling more of the weight than the other, even if you still look symmetric.

Also try doing dumbbel rows, but treat them like BB rows so you do both hands at the same time. This might give a better indication of if one side is weak or less mobile or whatever.
Another thing you could try to test yourself out is to reach around your back, as if trying to lotion your back with sunscreen. See if you can reach around more with one hand than the other.

I honestly think it might be a mobility issue because my right side is stronger while my left is still pulling higher

If it was a strength issue I would be able to pull the empty bar evenly but I can't =/

you realize there's as much cheating as in regular rows? you just bang your shit like a retard , if you'd actually want stability and all that you can just do 1 arm rows

The best alternative is not to be a pussy.

No, just stop being a pussy, and get your pendlay to 225 for reps. When you understand how the human body is meant to work, it's arguably the most effective forms of row you can do.
Here's a little red pill about lifting in general: do exercises that are, within reason, HARDER TO DO. Do exercises that are HUMBLING.
A leg press is easy to do, a heavy squat isn't. Lat pulldowns and cable rows are easy to do. Weighted pullups and Pendlay rows aren't. A rack pull or a shrug is easy to do. A heavy conventional deadlift isn't. Seated dumbell presses are easy to do, standing full ROM overhead pressing with a barbell isn't. See the pattern?

Underrated tip for pendlays is to do them for higher reps iike 7-10 which encourages proper form, rather than just barely getting your set of 5 with sloppy form. I actually realized this when i was doing SS years ago. Rows in general should really be treated as lower intensity, higher volume movements.