Buying a heavy thing to lift up and put down again

Hello fellow kids,
I need a bar and some wheights for home use. Nothing major, just for some lightweight exercises when I don't have time to head out and do more.
Is there anything I have to know when buying those things? Can I just go to amazon (but shipping costs…) or my local sports shop and buy some random, cheap thing? How hard can it be to make a metal bar with some threads and some cast iron weights? Is some random 30€ set enough?
Also, how do you protect your floor? Even if you don't drop it, it seems like even a light set can fuck up hardwood floor.

Attached: 61tOwaBpmWL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IslF_EyhMzg
youtube.com/watch?v=zpOAnWEyzt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idiot

Probably…
But what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Low-ball people on Craigslist for weights

For the floor I use some modular foam mats. They look like giant puzzle pieces

To protect our floor, keep the weights outside or in the garage and use them there.

>Low-ball people on Craigslist for weights
That's what I thought too, but most stuff I have seen is listed more expensive than some basic set on amazon.
So I either have to totally lowball them, meaning I probably won't get it and have some roided autist shouting at me how I'm trying to jew him, or I get some high-end thing that I probably won't even need, with the added bonus of some roid-sweat caked onto it.

>outside or in the garage and use them there.
>tfw you life in the city without any outside or a garage
I could go full on hood-rat and train in the park or on the pavement…

Attached: 1428321246276.jpg (599x880, 125K)

There is also used sporting goods stores you can check. The one near my house has loads of weight for 4-7$ each

I would guess weights it pretty much shouldnt matter what you get (as long as they fit the bar and do weight what is written on them), but the bar is the literal backbone of it all, so is there anything to watch out with those?
then on the other hand, it's just a massive, metal stick, so how hard can it be?

For beginning the bar does not matter too much

If it's like that, you need one of those rack things that let you put your barbell on them when you are finished squatting. You know that thing that Arnie's friend in Pumping Iron used before he passed out?

Best I’ve seen was buckets of sand or concrete with a barbell

Thought about this too, but it seems like you can get something for around 50€ and I'm not that poor. I just don't like spending 100 for something that would be perfectly adequate for 50 or less.
should I ever built my perfect home gym, I still can get some high class stuff to live out my bateman fantasies.

Attached: designercrap.jpg (2600x2000, 363K)

I didn't know it was possible to feel that classy while lifting.

Or, you could also feel that faggy while lifting.

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2018-08-16_095432_www.google.at.png (1260x980, 818K)

Homegym fag here
Just buy cheap used shit specially plates you dont need fancy rogue or even titan luxury unless you are a powerlifter

Attached: 20180809_213043.jpg (2340x3394, 3.34M)

Thanks lady-legs.

>titan
as in made of Titanium (Ti)?
for what purpose? Isn't Ti used because it's light AND solid? Who wants their plates to be light? (though, could make sense to impress people by how big of a stack of plates you can lift, but for that, Al would be even better)

I-its just the calves!

I meant titan fitness

Recently bought a 15lb barbell with 1" threaded ends and 120lb of weights. Already had like 150lb of same size weights at home. No rack. Now I can do front squat, RDL, the Press, and Rows in my bedroom.

I have a carpeted floor and I set the weights down gently so all good on that front. Also have some yoga mats I can fold up so the weights don't even make indentations in the carpet.

Breddy glad not to have to go to the gym anymore. The Gym Jew
>takes more money in the end
>encourages thots
>plays Imagine Dragons
Fuck him.

>Breddy glad not to have to go to the gym anymore. The Gym Jew
>>takes more money in the end
>>encourages thots
>>plays Imagine Dragons

>plays Imagine Dragons
Kek. I thought
>shot to the heart!…
was the Jow Forums trigger-song.

IT'S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE

MY SCHEMIN' DEMONS HIDE

fun fact:
I used to train at some underground gym (lacking the proper term here, sorry) and the music was whatever anyone put on.
This soon escalated into a few folks trying to make the most outlandish mix CD, while yet not being that bad that someone would head to the CD player and change it.
Fun times. you try to lift hard, and suddenly, this comes on
>youtube.com/watch?v=IslF_EyhMzg
or that
>youtube.com/watch?v=zpOAnWEyzt8

based & redpilled