Found some coconuts on the side of the road during my morning bike ride...

found some coconuts on the side of the road during my morning bike ride. Peeled off the outer shell and was about to eat it, when I saw this. What the fuck? How can this be possible

Attached: 94A0CBF5-9007-4C0F-B6AD-B3AB598748D8.jpg (750x942, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3106/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

calorie dense nut meat

most is oil

it's mostly fat
/thread

Nature's bulk meal

OCAD

Attached: 193 - sNAhz6W.png (600x476, 111K)

That's why Hawaiians are fat

Holy shit it’s real. 1medium coconut is 1400 sweet Jesus

How?

Coconut is magic. It doesn't feel like it'd be a high-calorie food when you're eating it, but then an hour or so after eating a coconut you'll get flooded with an overwhelming feeling of satiety that will last you the rest of the day.

When I used to commute to the city (1.5 hour train ride there, 9 hour shift, 1.5 hours back) I'd frequently take a coconut with me and that'd be my fuel for the day until I got home.

400g of coconut meat isn't a medium coconut wtf

>you can live off two coconuts a day

Why am I wasting my life wageslaving again.

I dont Think you are supposed to eat the Shell dude

That;s a good thing, to have something so calorically dense that isn't an animal that you have to hunt down. Certainly prevented many people from starving to death.

Coconuts are genuinely awesome and one of the plants that should be widely culivated on any potential extraterrestrial colonies for their sheer versatility.
To answer your question: the coconut "meat" is practically all fat, the reason for this is coconut seeds may stay dormant for a long time while they're floating to other islands, also the sandy substrate of their habitat provides few nutrients, because of this the embryo requires a large energy storage to feed off of until it has firmly rooted itself into new soil. Also the layer of fat helps the coconut stay afloat, although it's not the sole contributor.

how does a plant need fat it's not like it gets cold

dietary fat is not body fat retard

if youre stranded on a tropical island with nothing but coconut trees then youre fine

It's a better energy storage than sugar or starch regarding the coconut's procreation style.

Not quite true, you'd need to find a good source of protein and vitamins for long term survival. Lean meat + coconuts is the perfect diet.

>3% protein
>80% fat

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3106/2

It's a nut.

Attached: nut.png (461x778, 85K)

You fucking idiot

Never heard of coconut oil?

This. Coconuts + fish and you're set, plus whatever you can scrounge/cultivate on your island.

Deciduous nuts are highly seasonal and don't keep for shit. Too much PUFA. Can't and shouldn't be a diet staple.

>You will never be Jow Forums on a Pacific island eating a low carb, high fat and high protein diet of coconut and fish
God tier diet.

another garbage post by an anime poster

Read up on the Kitavans. They're high carb, but all their fat is from coconuts, and they all smoke. Incredibly healthy people despite both high carb and high saturated fat intake and tobacco use.

>t. losing out on the coconut oil gains

Can’t tell if this is bait or not.

>120% fat
fake