Cooking with steak

Hey Jow Forums i decied to go buy steak to increase my testosterone,
Anyone have a good recipe?

Attached: 209px-Ribeye-MCB-MaggieO.jpg (209x157, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/5803-steak-with-ginger-butter-sauce
youtube.com/watch?v=weRKlBGszhY
youtube.com/watch?v=n70usVID7lo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just microwave it and eat it with plenty of ketchup

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/5803-steak-with-ginger-butter-sauce

Easy and delicious. I would recommend doing a reverse sear, however, which goes better if you have meat thermometer until you get a sense for the timing.

Can't do much when steak except pan sear it... Unless you cut it into chunks and make some type of stew.... Just defrost that shit. Salt and pepper that shit, vegetable oil that shit. Heat up a pan and cook each side for 3-4 mins in a hot ass pan thats been preheated. Heat your oven up to about 400 f° (if you want a more cooked steak) and let it sit for a few mins. And that's it. If you want to be fancy use the same pan to fry up some onions and put it on there.

rest till its room temp
little oil of the steak
hot ass pan
brown each side
add butter and crushed garlic & thyme
remove from pan and let rest for 5 mins
whilst its doing that add more butter to pan
fry mushrooms/onions in the streak/butter juices

What kind of steak did you buy?

Just cook it high and fast. Nothing worse than overcooked steak. Sear one side, flip it and sear the other. I cook mine in bacon grease.

>ginger
>ketchup
>pepper
>oil

i thought Jow Forums was a carnivore board

This basically.
Also I've found flank steak to be a good balance of amount/quality/price.

Steak is literally the easiest thing in the world to cook, I don't know why so many people suck dick at it.
About a half hour before cooking rub it with kosher or sea salt and let it sit at room temp. This tenderizes the steak. While its sitting preheat an oven to 500 with an oven safe pan inside. After its preheated rub the steak with salt and maybe a bit of oregano. Then lightly coat the steak with oil. Olive oil will smoke up a bit I use it because it tastes good and I don't give a shit about my roommates. Pull the pan out of the oven and sear each side of the steak on a burner set to high, about 30 seconds a side. Then put the steak in the oven about 2.5 minutes a side depending on size and desired doneness. Wrap it in foil, wait 5 minutes and your good to go.

Sirloin steak

using a cast iron pan
heat pan till it smokes
oil the steak, not the pan, when putting oil on steak, also rub a small bit of salt and pepper on it
put steak on smoking hot pan, depends on thickness, but for a thumb thick, heat for 90 seconds on each side
take off, let rest for a few mins before you cut it

I'd unironically just munch it raw, cooked steak just tastes burnt to me now

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Just YouTube "Gordon Ramsay Strip Steak" a few minute video and you're good.

Attached: 1533939003468.jpg (348x321, 19K)

Get it nice and oiled up with olive oil, coat it in a good rub, and slap it on the grill.

everything but veg oil and oven is good, get ghee if you can or at least olive oil if you are supermarket limited, veg oil tastes and smells like shit at high temperature

Ramsay thinks you can properly cook a steak in a pan. You might as well microwave it

Never cook a steak anywhere but on a grill. If you don’t have a grill, don’t buy steak.

5 minutes seems a bit much to me but that does sound amazing, would use ghee if possible though

You don't need the ludicrously expensive cut of meat in the pic, regular sirloin from Wal Mart will suffice.

Attached: Steak Au Poivre.jpg (1284x2553, 867K)

I've been reverse searing mine and it's bretty gud

Jesus what is this shit
You people eat like peasants.
Ribeyes, rib caps, strips, and filets only. ABSOLUTELY NO sauce.
Learn to eat meat like a man or you might as well be vegan

>i know better than a three Michelin star chef

He doesn’t know shit about steaks. Pan searing is a waste of beef

Have you never pan seared a steak? You'll never get a good sear or rendering of fat in the microwave. You also can't baste in a microwave, are you autistic?

jokes aside how does this guy manage to not get, you know, raw meat aids or whatever

I wash my hands obsessively when I handle raw meat and this dude is literally just eating it

I’m saying pan searing is low class just like microwaving

Looks like he got some health issues though.

At least in the US and other developed countries, meat is so regulated that beef is safe to eat raw. Places do tartare all the time. The meat fibers are densely packed in beef so the interior is sterile.

You're risking it with ground beef if you don't grind it yourself but even then it's likely safe.

Even pork is being eaten raw more and more because food standards are so high. Chicken isnt as dense a meat so that's why it isn't safe raw, plus the risk of salmonella.

How would you cook yours? Grill?

Grill only

Remember to have a lid nearby for when the fats catches fire, lmao.

put some seasoning on that shit
throw it on the pan, like a minute on each side to seal in the juice(that has loads of t in it)
then you slap that mother fucker in the oven, and bake that shit

Attached: u4rVEId.gif (528x402, 208K)

99% of salmonella cases are from cooked chicken, not raw

I mean, a grill is great and all. I just find stove top more convenient, for me, and it still tastes great.

grill isn't good for fatty cuts you retard

Grilling is for baby boomers who like their steak "well done." Pan sear is standard and the best.

Reverse sear with grass fed butter, salt is optional.

Attached: ribeye.jpg (1200x945, 620K)

>sear each side
>put in oven until desired doneness
this is the basic formula of how every restaurant worth a damn does it. grilling is ok but most of the time the shit gets charred which I personally hate

>99.8% of people eat chicken cooked instead of raw
>gee user I wonder why

That would probably be due to cross contamination and people not washing their hands, prep surfaces, and utensils after handling raw chicken

>Not just cooking your steak wholly in the pan
Plebs

how does it increase test?

>salt and pepper
>a good pan
>heat it up to the max
>3-6 minutes depending on the thickness and how much done you want it

also use oil or butter so it dosent stick

How to eat steak

youtube.com/watch?v=weRKlBGszhY

I bet you think salt toughens steak, and so does flipping it more than once.

I use this marinade recipe, it makes some fucking amazing steak.

>Seasoned salt
>Garlic powder
>Worcestershire sauce
>Jalapeno pepper juice
>Black pepper

Ya if you want your steak to taste like a beefy mexican you faggot.

Just salt and pepper in a hot oiled pan where the oil has a very high smoke point like grape seed.

Grape seed? maybe if you want your steak to taste like a set of greek cuck balls. Clarified butter is the /fit option.

Yours is the better option i'm just poor

if you're worried about cooking, setting off alarms, or don't know how to work an oven. Sous vide it!

**for best results, you have to sear it for like 20seconds on each side after the sous vide**

Attached: sous-vide-ribeye-steak-time-and-temp-directions-image-3[1].jpg (3000x2000, 1.72M)

Pan fried (in olive oil) rare, a little salt, pepper, and steak spice, w/ sauteed mushrooms on top (you can add shrimp too but I never do). Served with asparagus fried in olive oil w/ garlic, salt, and pepper.

Here's a rub I've been using for the grill
4-6 teaspoons salt (depending on taste)
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon of Montreal steak seasoning
Let chill in an airtight container for at least four hours, twelve is preferable though. Best done medium rare to medium and pairs really nicely with poached eggs. If I find out that you tried this well done I will personally hunt you down and geld you.

I vacuum seal my steaks with a sprig of rosemary until I'm ready for them.
Take steak out, salt, and let sit till room temperature.
Heat up cast iron pan with ghee until ghee smokes, put in steak.
Let sear until crust forms on both sides, then take pan off heat, add rosemary sprig and pat of butter on top, cover and let sit for MAX 5 minutes. Take steak out and let sit on cutting board till hot but edible. You can make mushrooms in the pan afterwards if you want with the steak juices.

Fuck, forgot to mention: this is a rub meant for multiple steaks so don't be a retard and use it all on one. Give the steak a light sprinkling and rub the seasoning in on both sides and just store the remaining rub in a ziplock for later.

This, sous vide + food saver is the optimal way to handle all meats.
Buy pork/chicken/steak in bulk, season, seal and freeze.
After work or whatever, throw a bag in the water for a couple hours, sear, and eat.
Combine it with something like pic related and you can get away with having nothing perishable in the fridge ever.

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 17K)

My favorite recipie. Great with liver too.

Its also good boiled.

Salt
Pepper
Crushed garlic
Thyme/Rosemary
Little bit of butter

salt
pepper
sear
sear
rest
butter
eat

It's meat.

i guarantee if you and him cooked the same cut of equal quality steak his would be better. its his life and he's fucking good at it. also pan seared is the goat what are you on about

pan seared is the best but why would you even compare any cooking method to microwave? it give you the opposite of what you want and really unevenly, you want maillard reactions for flavour and they happen when protein and sugars in the beef are reacted under a dry heat, microwaves literally just heat up the water and even that is in spots and patches. fucking milksteak would be nicer

youtube.com/watch?v=n70usVID7lo

in orange juice and salt

>mfw Jow Forums tries into cooking

Bruh, steak is one of the easiest things. Take a good heavy skillet and crank it to high heat with butter for lubrication. Liberally salt and pepper both sides of the steak and then put it on the heat. Cook on high for 2 minutes each side for a perfectly cooked rare steak

Attached: pablo disgusted at chloe moretz.jpg (479x592, 55K)

So OP is telling me he never ate a fucking steak before? do you have parents or something?

You can't afford butter?

>crank it to high heat with butter for lubrication
Butter burns at high temperature. That's why you start with something with a higher smoke point (olive oil, ghee etc) and add the butter later for basting.

Cooklet detected.
All oils will smoke at the temperature you should be searing meat. Get your cast iron pan to screaming hot, like 800F, and then take your steak out of the 250F oven it was in for 10 or so minutes, and sear that shit for 30s or less per side.

Attached: 1533671039146.jpg (1024x911, 217K)

I don't want to get overly complicated to start on the poor Jow Forumsizens who haven't cooked anything more complicated than an easy mac cup before. At that point we're splitting hairs.

Boil in 2% milk
Top with jelly beans

Attached: 12455258-02CB-4353-9508-D936DB40AD66.jpg (1280x840, 176K)

>Remove pan from fridge and let rest at room temp 30min.
>Preheat pan (preferably cast iron) to 500-700*F.
>Simultaneously, preheat broiler in oven on high, and set rack about 5-6in from broiler
>Oil pan with high smoking point oil (vegetable, avocado, coconut, etc.)
>Season steak liberally with salt and pepper on both sides
>Sear both sides of steak about 60s, and sear fat cap about 30s
>Throw steak onto baking pan and broil 2min per in of thickness per side
>Remove from oven and let rest 5min
Enjoy!

>remove pan
Lmao remove steak*

Disgusting

Now THIS is how you boil steak

>Hey Jow Forums i decied to go buy steak to increase my testosterone,
lol

salt pepper, grace it with a teensy bit of olive oil
FUCKING HOT PAN
lay it on, sear the flesh
pick it up sear the outside
flip it
sear that side
you should have a crispy outer crunch protecting a soft warm blood ted center
CONGRATULATIONS youve hust made a perfect steak. You deserve a beer ir some bourbon to go with your meal.

Olive oil oxidizes and smokes at high temp and ghee is just clarified butter. Butter is fine at the end to finish and baste, but not necessary. Best oils I've used for searing steaks are grapeseed, avocado, or just plain canola oil.

Marinate it in red wine. Butter and heat the pan. sear it. Salt and pepper.

Fed three people on a $12 sirloin with some baked potatoes last weekend. I love steak.

Here's how it works. This is for a 1lb ribeye, which is fatty, so the cooking time is longer.
>salt and pepper
>leave at room temp for 45 minutes
>bring pan to high heat
>put pat of butter under the steak RIGHT as you lay it in the pan
>3 min
>flip, use another pat of butter
>2 min 30 sec
Remove steak to plate.

Immediately can the fat, it will smoke if you just leave it there. Wipe the pan with a bunched up paper towel and throw it out. There, your pan's still hot af but it's 98% clean.

Once the steak's been sitting for a couple minutes, dig in.

t. 29yo boomer who has done this hundreds of times

Attached: 1523841088370.jpg (376x349, 22K)

>put on plate
>Crack a few raw eggs on it
>set a chicken breast on top
>set outside in sun for 3-4 hours
>put contents of plate in blender
>drink
God tier protein shake my dude