Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

Attached: 51F7CydjXwL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-02/have-a-meaty-new-year-americans-will-eat-record-amount-in-2018
youtube.com/watch?v=EFF30jfTubU
youtube.com/watch?v=1HwBtRlyxPs
youtube.com/watch?v=PJnPZgLHHWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4nf7wAMwfrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meat = heart disease

i hate the chinese

It's been debunked

A female keto blogger period bitching about it doesn't mean it's been debunked.

There are multiple other sources debunking it that she posts. She also goes in depth as to how the interpretation if the data was extremely misleading

The China Study is a pop-sci book based on an actual study that only looked at rural Chinese populations, and looked at plant-based diets vs. those heavier in animal products. It says nothing about ketosis, which is the eating of fats (animal or otherwise) in the absence of carbs. As is being increasingly demonstrated in study after study, saturated fats aren't necessarily unhealthy, it's eating lots of fats in the presence of lots of carbohydrates that creates a problem.

The same basic thing can be said of Dr. Greger's book. Nothing about a ketogenic diet, as far as I can tell. Again, yeah, high-fat AND high-carb will kill you. You have to look at studies involving a ketogenic diet if you want to criticize it.

Which brings us to The Low Carb Fraud...where Campbell creates a bunch of strawmen and fails to actually address a ketogenic diet, instead simply arguing that the right kind of carbs are great for you.

Roughly half of the calories the average American consumes comes from carbs, with protein making up another 15% or so. Is the 35-40% fat in most Americans' diet the culprit behind a bunch of diseases, or is it refined carbohydrates, or refined carbs in conjunction with lots of fat? Type 2 Diabetes wasn't a common thing before processed foods came along, and most people ate meat with almost every meal.

Vegans are the preachiest fucking fucks on teh planet. Sure, there's plenty of evidence that a vegan diet can be very healthy. That doesn't mean it's the only healthy way to eat.

I have no intention of listening to someone as delusional as you are. Enjoy your heart disease and diabetes.

The longest living, disease-free populations have all been high carb, low fat plant-based.

I have no intention of listening to someone as delusional as you are. Enjoy your carrots and seaweed.

except that's fucking wrong you nigger

Nice lie you agenda pushing so᠍yboy

Attached: untitled.png (480x375, 95K)

You didn't address a single point he made

This post is mostly correct, but the historical part is just folk wisdom spewed out by bloggers.

2018 will be the highest meat consumption per capita in US history and it's been shooting upwards. Basically, while real wages have been flat since 1979, prices for meat have dropped continually due to improvements, mostly in factory farms and onions fed livestock (and here you all hate onions).

Economists consider meat a luxury good, and it follows all the same behaviors as people eat more when income rises or prices fall.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-02/have-a-meaty-new-year-americans-will-eat-record-amount-in-2018

The folk wisdom is that added sugars and processed grains have led to the obesity epidemic (true) and then concludes that people are more meat in the past (false).

A simple glance at books like Richard Evan's The Persuit of Power or a Google search will show 19th century meat consumption rising rapidly, and being higher in America than Europe, but far, far below the modern era.

If you go further back, agricultural societies are eating even drastically less meat, with sorts resembling today's developing world, mostly staple grains.

The reason people weren't fat back then is that good was relative to earnings, much more expensive, and they were less sedintary. Additionally, processed food is engineered to override saitity signals and get people to eat more, while food is also more calorically dense due to added fats and sugars. If anything the explosion in meat consumption has added to obesity, not because meat is bad persay, but because it's more calorically dense.

If you go further back, the amount of meat consumed by humans varies wildly by climate. The Innuit derived a large majority of calories from meat, and evolved adaptations to suit this. Meanwhile, the high prevelance of cannibalism in hunter gatherers is thought to stem from lack of animal proteins.

The above should say "hunter gatherers in jungles" that is where cannibalism is more common, from the Americas, to Oceania, to Africa.

People saying humans didn't evolve to eat grains are incorrect. Rather, humans have had less time to adapt to grains, but still thousands of years.

Civilization and settled agriculture represents a massive shift in lifestyle, and adaptation definetly happen, as we can see when non-agricultural people's get contacted and develop populations with diabetes rates above 50%.

This could also explain IQ differences. It definitely explains immunology. The separation of American Indians led to their population dropping by 90% following contact, even in North American regions with no direct European contact.

Heavy meat diets would be fine if the external costs of the meat were priced I to it. As is, the tax payer spends billions a year funding flood clean up due to all of the prairie being turned into corn and onions, mostly for animal feed. There is also the enviornmental remediation costs, and costs from global warming. So, different people pay the costs instead of the consumers and producers, which in economics we call a "shitty situation."

Expand on the cannibalism subject. From the simplistic understanding that I have, wouldn't cannibals after 1 generation develop prions disease?

Uses cholesterol as a proxy.

Cholesterol is not a useful proxy because it is impacted by genetics. Even the author of the book admitted this recently on a BBC documentary.

Pure garbage but the plant based nuts still use it because they have no scientific understanding.

Only if prions are present...they don't just occur as a result of eating brains.

>they don't just occur as a result of eating brains.
This is what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

Also not all cannibal cultures eat brains. Some seem to have figured out it's bad juju.

>The peer reviewed studies!
>The science!

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=EFF30jfTubU
youtube.com/watch?v=1HwBtRlyxPs
youtube.com/watch?v=PJnPZgLHHWQ

the cringe study lmao

dont need science to tell us what our eyes can plainly see

Attached: 1469267284772.jpg (1280x1280, 1.27M)

You're the one being delusional. Someone put out a good article explaining why that book is misleading and you dont want to accept it

Vegans don't even accept reality when all their teeth fall out. Nothing can cure them but the grave.

youtube.com/watch?v=4nf7wAMwfrw

Friendly reminder that a lot of vegans' worst problems are brought about as the consequences of eating disorders, which people use veganism to shield and enable the disorders... Then throw up their arms and say gee I dunno why I'm an emaciated faggot.

Not saying veganism isn't bullshit, because it is, but there's more to these Cucks than meats the eye.

Agreed, a lot of these YouTube vegan legends have stories like 'my journey from eating disorder to veganism'

Anorexia, veganism, fruitarians, all branches on the same crazy tree. Thank God this disease only happens to leftists.