215lbs, Trying to become a marine by next summer

215lbs, Trying to become a marine by next summer.

I can do one pull up if I sort of jump into it, can do ten push ups from my knees, and can run maybe a mile and a half in 20 minutes.

The only equipment I have is an elliptical and a few sets of resistance bands (don't remember what weight, but I can only curl 10 reps).

Should I just start running and doing curls daily? What incline/resistance should I run at?

Attached: IMG_9908.jpg (750x619, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fitness.marines.mil/PFT-CFT_Standards17/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You should run outside.

How about getting fit and not dying for israel?

Use bandz for pull-ups and run almost every day but if your shins hurt give it a rest for a few days. No soda no candy no desert. I was weak skelly before marines and the bandz really upped my pull-up game before I joined.

The bands I have aren't long enough for pull ups (I only have one in each weight), and my pull up bar is rickety as shit so idk if I want to use it anymore

How tall and what is your waist size?
Waist circumference should be half of your height or lower. (general health, not military regs)
If you are in the tape weight range, and you probably are, they will tape you and use your bmi.
You really should be hitting the gym and doing a full body hypertrophy workout followed by cardio every other day as well as a sensible diet.

t. Navy fag

Attached: height.png (691x777, 131K)

Can't measure my waist now, but I'm 5"10.

I've been eating 1500 cals a day on a low carb diet that my doctor reccomended, but only seem to lose weight from sweating/dry fasting

Diet sounds reasonable, 215 is beyond heavy for that height though, you have plenty of time to meet the mark though. It is very important to train every muscle group when cutting to ensure you are losing more fat than muscle. With that amount of time you could go for some bulk/cut cycles, but I would recommend just eating at a small deficit (1500 is extreme) and working out consistently. That would more closely mimic what you'll be doing in the core.

5'10" 215lbs holy shit how are you so weak? Pull-ups are tough for me too but you should be able to do at least 15-20 normal push-ups. Start running/using elliptical if you get shin splints etc. Diet is key. And then calisthenics like push ups, ab work, bodyweight squats etc to work what you can until you can get into a gym.

I know couch to 5k is out there, but is there a version for couch to sub-20/minute 5k? I don’t care if it takes a year, but I don’t have any idea how to do it. Just run as far and fast as I can ever couple days???

I would treat the sticky like a bible. Seriously.
Don't just run, even the core doesn't do a 5k that often, you need to be a well rounded athlete.

Hope you enjoy running at least 30 miles per week.

>running
>jogging in formation with cadence
They only time you run is for the prt.

Attached: RUN_table20160701_Page_5-791x1024.png (791x1024, 557K)

>join the army
>get 10 vaccines in one go
>get enough mercury in you to kill you by the time you're in your 50s

I’d like a perfect PT though. I have my heart set on a specific MOS so I want all the help I can get. If I accidentally because a super soldier so be it, I just wanna call in bombs on people/targets and if I gotta run 60 mile weeks I’ll do it

Read the sticky. Start calorie deficit now.

Start progressive overload with chinups/pushups/running.

As you lose weight all of it will become easier. Curls are not a complete waste, but you can find a better exercise.

It's certainly possible in a year, lose some weight (192 is the max before they tape you).
Find your target and go for it. Still, lifting is a good way (best way really) to supplement those goals.
fitness.marines.mil/PFT-CFT_Standards17/

I’m not OP sorry. I’m 6’1” 180 and at .5/1/1.5/2

OP here

I know it's autistic, but a few months ago when I was 275lbs I tried walking a couple miles with my old highschool backpack loaded with two 25lb plates inside, and couldn't even make it 1 mile. There was just so much weight pulling on my shoulders/neck with those thin straps

If I still wanted to work with that general concept, is there a way to weigh myself down without the entire load being suspended from my shoulders?

Looks good, 208 is max.
The rest is best found on the .mil site anyway as it does change from time to time.

They make vests for this, I wouldn't recommend it though. Several reports of repetitive motion injuries are associated with them as they throw off your posture. That part is trained in boot camp by people that know what they are doing. ie. push thousands of recruits through a year.

Rucks (the shit that we use in the army and I would assume in the marines as well) have frames and waist straps to help distribute the weight towards your hips. I’d suggest getting a pack like that from a military surplus or a camping store and then doing those marches if you wanna go that route.

Honestly though man, just eat a deficit, read the sticky, and focus on the PT requirements for your branch. If you stick with it, you will easily be good to go by next summer. Just keep your goal in mind and drive on.

Is there any way to train resistance from walking without increasing distance then?

by the way, to get a more accurate running/mile time on my elliptical, should I just have it at 1 resist and 1 incline?

I don't know much about elliptical, I prefer the rowing machine and incline treadmill for cardio, or just running HIIT style. HIIT is very good for training steady state cardio anyway. As for walking, have you considered hiking?

I should note elliptical is indeed good cardio, I just am not very familiar with it. It is authorized in place of the run for us Navy folk, I just do the run because it is what I'm used to. (lots of older guys just can't run)