/fast/ - #257 - In Soviet Russia Fat Eats You Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of snake juice fasting, dry fasting, OMAD, OMAW, AFD and IF (Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

See your doctor before fasting if you have any sort of chronic illness (type 1 diabetes, malnourished, underweight, pregnant, breastfeeding)

>How do I safely do an extended fast (approx. 4-5+ days)
New snake juice recipe here - youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max (NoSalt/LoSalt are high potassium-low sodium salts available in grocery stores or Amazon and the like)
Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day. The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional but recommended for 10+ day fasts.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (4% or less).

>Can I workout?
Yes. But don't overdo it.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Black, unsweetened coffee and tea - YES!
Diet drinks and artificial sweeteners are debatable (continuously)

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No. Fat burning provides sufficient vitamins

Attached: Russian Reversal.jpg (252x320, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/fasting-physiology-part-ii/
youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
youtube.com/watch?v=1yIVBROtjuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous Thread

anyone ever fast with just water? no supplements like sodium or potassium

yeah for 3 days my first fast because i was too pussy to drink the snake juice (original). I felt like shit by the third day, almost as bad as on day 3 of a dry fast.

Obligatory

idmprogram.com/fasting-physiology-part-ii/

Attached: 1533873050180.jpg (1280x950, 286K)

Sparkling mineral water for like a week, never went beyond that so I wouldn't know

Anyone on a multiday fast should be supplementing some vitamin C. Vitamin C has a short half life in the body and even a short term deficiency will impair fat metabolism.

The packaged green tea I drink is supplemented with a ton but if you aren't drinking that I'd suggest adding a small amount of straight ascorbic acid to your snake juice. It doesn't need to be a lot, 100mg-500 mg is probably fine.

>Don't tell mom I fast cause she'd have a fucking fit
>Possess cooking skills from being fat fuck
>Mom wants me to cook for her tomorrow
How do I resist eating, bros?

Attached: feelshotinhereman.png (640x604, 237K)

either say you have already eaten/you're going out with friends later and you're going to eat then, or you break the fast with OMAD and resume it right after eating

To prevent suspicion, make two meals. Keep yours in the fridge and claim you’ll save it for the next day. If she asks why, tell her you had a meal before.

T. Someone that is also fasting in secret.

Or you could fast until then, have a nice meal (preferably low carb) with your mum, then continue fasting.

My main concern is being around a bunch of food for like an hour while I make it
Ahh I want to finish this 72hr fast though! I eat every Tuesday with my grandma and I'm eating lunch with my friend who's leaving for school.

I'll try to stay strong bros

Should have been "Dummies for Russian Reversal".

i did a water fast for like 14 days when i didnt know anything years ago

it made doing anything impossible cause standing up would make me so lightheaded i had to be completely sedentary. literally if i stood up and sat down 5 times quickly i would faint.

would not recommend fasting without salt longer than 3 days

Okay, so tomorrow will mark 7 days of fasting, and I want to break it then. Problem is, I am shit with refeeds. High protein meals don't make satiate me, so I'll end up eating a bunch of meat and then a bunch of carbs and shit my brains out. I need the top refeed experts on this board to give me their recommendations on what to eat. My maintenance is ~3000 kcal. What do I do bros?

Attached: bloat-vs-bog.jpg (800x383, 65K)

really doubt you're huge enough to have a 3k maintenance

anyway, try bone broth and some black beans with 1 kg of broccoli and your choice of meat

is it even possible to get into Zyzz mode from bloat mode like literally everybody i've seen has either started as a dyel that don't gain weight

Attached: offseason bodybuilder.jpg (341x401, 18K)

>really doubt you're huge enough to have a 3k maintenance
Ok well that's what the website I went to said. 5'11, 175, workout 5 times a day. My BMR is just shy of 2000 kcal and you multiply that by 1.55 to get your maintenance.

>try bone broth and some black beans with 1 kg of broccoli and your choice of meat
I don't eat legumes as they are slave food, but I'll check out the bone broth. Broccoli has never done it for me, so I need something different. Maybe my problem is that my refeeds don't have enough variety.

broke my first ever fast of 5 days with a glass of milk. ill ease in with a soup those next couple of days. my next one will be just before college starts, im aiming for 10 days this time around.

until then, take it easy

I refeed on pork, cabbage, and dill pickle every week after my 6 day dry fast routine. Tastes great and covers my macros like a blanket.

>6 day dry fast routine
How do you do it user? What's your starting weight and what are you at now? How long have you been doing it?

Can a /fast/ bro give some advice. I’ve been low carb low cal for almost 2 months now and I’m down from 246 to 200. I only drink water and eat fruits, chicken and vegetables. 2 Eggs for breakfast. I do 40 minutes of HIIT 6 days a week.
I’m ready to fast.
I’m going to start this weekend with a 48 hour (dinner tonight will be last meal) but if I can go longer I will.
Do I just make snake juice and get to it? Should I OMAD? dry fast?
What will be best results and best feeling based on me? I’m 35, 5’11 and have a stressful job Monday- Friday.

under 72 hours, just do black coffee, tea and water. nothing else, keep it simple, snake juice for extended fasting.

Don't drink Snake Juice until you work out, dunno if tomorrow is your off day but if so just drink water
Dry fast kicks your ass after 4 days and its effects are only seen after 3 days, if your job is stressful I think you shouldn't dry fast.
Try working your way up to 6 day wet fasts and fast on the days you work out. Refeed on your off day and make sure to eat plenty of greens and protein, and even some carbs if you do your HIIT in the morning. Assuming you're eating at night, of course.
Good luck!

Attached: 1352705266546.jpg (197x202, 14K)

Should I ADF with keto if I'm too pussy to fast?

for those suffering from keto / fasting flu

youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo

dietary sodium restriction can even induce insulin resistance.

HEY FATTY

also related to potassium intake
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I

I have Saturday and Sunday off from work. Tomorrow is a plyometrics day. I'll be working out in the morning before cravings and fatigue hit me. At least I'm assuming I'll get those feelings.
Sunday is my day off for working out. I plan to lounge all day, maybe go for a walk.
What do I do tomorrow? Drink snake juice?
I am very strong willed. If I feel good, I will easily cruise out 5+ days without eating. So given that is a high probability, should I just snake juice every day starting tomorrow with workout?

Attached: 15321446570691.jpg (538x538, 37K)

go with how you feel, snake juice wont hurt.

Forgot to add, I normally workout my HIIT after work at 5pm. Should I continue to do 40 minutes of HIIT while fasting? Can I even?

I feel concerned I will waste precious time doing it incorrectly. I guess, is there a way to even fuck it up? If I feel good and am not eating, I'm going to shed mad weight?

20 days (with multis)

Yeah go ahead and start with the juice tomorrow, lay off it on Sunday a little bit and from then on take it on your off days too

One way to fuck up Snake Juice is to drink too much at a time. If you do that your body gives you diarrhea so you shit out the excess sodium in your digestive system
Since you're doing HIIT I'd recommend making Snake Juice with more water than in the default recipe so you can chug that shit down when you're done with a workout

yes, you cant get less than 0 calories, do what you can, if your lifts go down, its normal, you will not lose muscle during a fast. You really cant mess up fasting, drink snake juice for the sodium and potassium.

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/

COLE SAYS THAT IF YOUR PINK HIMALAYAN SALT MAKES YOUR WATER TURN PINK, ITS CRAP. ANY PINK SALT BRANDS YOU KNOW OF THAT PASS THIS TEST? PREFERABLY ON AMAZON.

just keto, moron

I stay downstairs after they head to bed and tell them I prefer to eat at night. One more week of this until school starts.

anecdotal but i did a 14 day fast and lost about 15 lbs off from my squat on my first workout. later that week maintaining omad I retested my PR and I shot up from the bottom so quickly i almost fell over with the bar. trained consistently for 3 years

user you tell me how the fuck you think my cooking skills attained as a fatass have anything ketogenic in there
She wants me to shepherd's pie
>tfw losing weight to be militaryfag and have at least another 2 months of hiding this shit

Attached: (((0))).jpg (1021x571, 99K)

*make shepherd's pie, gomen

yeah so make shepards pie. make a bacon bowl, shove it full of chicken slices and then drizzle some mcts as a filler. tada

newbie going to my second day of fasting here
I'm scared to do havy squats on a empty stomach. should I break the fast and try again a few days later or just stop being a pussy

today is my 2nd day of my fast, i did heavy squats @425

day 3 of fast
feelsgoodman
its been so easy so far
going for 30 or doing the jesus 40
I want to reboot my body

Attached: 48593B77FB0B4504AE6BC45D22948E52.jpg (642x603, 63K)

Is there any evidence to suggest that dry fasting is really 3x more effective for improving health issues than water fasting ?

I havent found any studies.

Well done, user. Keep going.

Does eating a keto meal while in ketosis raise blood sugar? I know it does not contain carbs and that it does not kick one out of ketosis, but does it affect the blood sugar?

I am 1,72m and weigh 91kg. How much weight would I approximately lose when I waterfast for 10 days?

Me neither. In my opinion dry fasting is a meme. There is no evidence to suggest it is more effective than water fasting, let alone 3x more effective

Normally, it's 1lbs per day. But since you are not massively overweight, then it might be a bit less. So I'd guess 8lbs.

ty

How do you make snake juice? Not just ingredients, but do you boil it all then cool it? Just stir together and shake well?

Expect about 0.6lb/day fat loss while fasting

add them to water, shake, consume (dont chug)

Personally, I just lick a tiny bit of the saltmix off my finger and then drink a glass of water right after.

360 pounds, should i ease into this or go ham? Just ate an entire pizzs so very full atm

just fast until you are 180

you got pizzas strapped across your body

you dont need to eat anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=1yIVBROtjuM

Anyone know what grocery stores sell snake juice stuff? Now potassium chloride powder? Walmart? Safeway? Fred Meyer?

start using carb blockers
than go keto
then fast

any grocery should, its branded things like no-salt, lite salt, nu-salt, read the ingredients ;)

DRINK SNAKE JUICE AND STOP EATING FATTY

based

hey assholes, can i PLEASE have gatorade

no

oh fuck you

Anyone else have their hands and feet feel cold during fasting?

Attached: wonder.jpg (250x250, 6K)

about to start my fast, any tips on when that hunger comes around in about 24/36 hours?

Just wait it out. It will pass. Don't panic when the hunger pangs come on cause they usually pass in 15 minutes

sleep

No, but they get tingly for some reason

Simply accept it's there and don't give in to it

yes

do you lose more weight doing a dry fast?

this, I could never fast just like that. two weeks transition to keto, lowering cals along the way, then you fast

Yes. Guy in pic would look foooookin shreded and buff while lean. Just do it

I've actually been a bit hot, no information on that, no idea why, still pissing ketones, keeping up with snek juice

Yeah, that is bs. Truth is, you need to eat very little, but you brain simply needs glucose, that cannot be made from fat. Yes, it can work on ketones to some extent, but never fully. Even if you have fucking 1000 pounds, your body will still eat away your muscles if you do not eat anything.

You fucking dumb mutt. What do you think glucogenesis is for?

Alright guys, I'm not suffering from heart palpitations or any of the other obvious issue you get from low kalium / potassium, but I am suffering from light-headedness whenever I stand up and lethargy tiredness.

Also my aerobic exercise stats are way down on previous.

Any ideas?

Oh you petty moron. Gluconeogenesis can never happen from triglycerides. Well... it can happen from glycine, but that produces minimal amounts anyway. Gluconeogenesis happens mostly from protein. Learn your facts before trying to be a cunt on the internet.

> be on and off fasting for a while
> yesterday i was talking to a girl about ties and bowties
> me: "Bowties usually fit me best"
> her: "Naah, those are mostly for fat guys, you'd look better with a regular one"
Holy fucking shit that made me feel so good.
I just started another fast.

I've been considering a snake juice fast to remove some excess weight I've put on after getting overzealous with with my latest bulk. It seems really manageable but there's one issue I see being a problem;

how does /fast/ explain to normies why they're drinking a gallon of salt-water a day? I tried talking to an open-minded friend and their eyes glazed over

Attached: 1468846192844.jpg (468x960, 71K)

Talking to normies about fasting. That was your first mistake.

the fasting isnt the hard part, the hard part is not binging once ur back

i miss grandpa omaw

>i miss grandpa omaw
FFS! every single thread "meep meep grandpa omaw meep meep". If you miss that old fuck so much fuck off to his discord thread and quit bitching here, we're sick of it.

https:// discord .gg / tsBrFM

Only if Gatorade has zero calories. Which we know it doesn't. Not even Gatorade lite.

does anyone have copypastas/ screens of OMAW posts i really need advice on what meal plans i should opt for and how much i should consume

Attached: 1520077063920.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

normal
not so normal

Cold normal.
Tingling isn't normal.
You're probably dehydrated, or not taking enough sodium. Contrary to what everyone's saying, dizziness when getting up is from low sodium, not potassium. It's called orthostatic hypotension. I see this all the time in patients on a low sodium diet.
You are aware that your blood sugar doesn't drop to zero when in ketosis right? Also there is the glycerol backbone in triglycerides that can be converted to glucose. So yeah, you're still getting glucose from your adipose tissue. It's never zero.

name?

Attached: 1482892933779.webm (854x480, 591K)

Doesn't happen only when I fast, though
They've always done that, it just happens more often. It's a pins and needles kind of feel

this is so hard why did i let myself get this fat why why why

Are you diabetic? That's a sign of nerve damage.
What makes it so hard user? We're here to make it easier.

>are you diabetic?
Not really, no. I do have pretty low blood pressure though, don't know if that helps.
I've also been told it's probably related to circulation, I'm inclined to believe that because it goes away as soon as I move them