Is a PowerBlock worthwhile for working out at home instead of regular dumbbells?

Is a PowerBlock worthwhile for working out at home instead of regular dumbbells?

They seem like they could be bulky but I have never used them.

Attached: Powerblock45s.jpg (2833x2331, 3.68M)

a-anyone?

lmaobruh.com

Ironmasters are the best if you can afford them.

All the olympians used the PowerBlock. thats the trade secret. you would be an idiot to waste your money on regular adjustable dumbbells.

It's over priced. Get something like this and buy weights as you progress.

Attached: 6093_14inchSolidSteelSpinLock.jpg (2048x1522, 285K)

if papa jeff says use the block then use the block

Attached: jeff.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Do those lock in well?

I spent $200 on unipack's pair of dumbells (100lb x2).

Best $200 bucks my broke ass ever spent. Good value

Attached: 41CvMIlsXlL.jpg (350x350, 20K)

What weights are you supposed to use with these?

45lbs plates. What? You're not dyel are you?

Yeah but how does the weight fit on the tiny collar?

Attached: 17560_0.jpg (900x900, 74K)

I don't know if you are trolling or a retard

They take standard 1" weights

The length of the dumbbell is 14", they also come in 16" so you can add more weight.

They collars will need re-tightening but there's no way the discs can fall off unless the collar come off completely.

The 1" clamp collars work well for light weights and when not lifting overhead.

I have the power block set that expands up to a hundred and thirty pounds. You think this would be great but honestly once you go over about 105 lb the size of the dumbbell becomes ridiculous. Using them for any type of pressing movement becomes impossible nearly without having a spider on each side. I recently went to a commercial gym with traditional dumbbells and was able to handle far more weight in each hand using the conventional dumbbell form doing a pressing movement

I purchased dumbell pairs from 5 to 100 lbs as I started lifting and progressing and I have certainly spent a retarded amount of money on them. Like no shit probably about two grand at this point. If I could do it over again I would have gotten something like the block.

powerblock was one of the best uses of money I ever used

If I get powerblocks, will I get laid?

Is that what I've been doing wrong?

Attached: 502466456_3.jpg (600x600, 42K)

These look really fucking gimmicky and cringeworthy. Just go to the gym, autists

Why do I feel these could fuck your wrists up really bad?
Am I a stupid?

Ironmasters are the best. Fuck your gay block and fuck your gay spinlock shit.

This, but do one better and get dumbells that take Olympic plates so you dont have to buy a whole set of 1inch plates. I have a pair of Olympic dumbbells and they are great.

Bruh, powerblocks are awesome. I bought a 50 lb set for my home gym, then upgraded to 70, then upgraded to 90. They're awesome, take up very little space for what they do, easy to switch weights. Highly recommended. If you have the money. Downside, they're not super cheap.

Attached: add.jpg (1575x600, 133K)

Attached: olympic-dumbbell-handle.jpg (500x346, 9K)

Why are adjustable dumbbells so expensive? They can't possibly be more expensive to produce than casting steel/iron plates... It just doesn't make sense to me ... Unless it's just the convenience fee.

Convenience and shaping for the plates. Also for extracting max monies from new year mongoloids.

I have the PowerBlocks (won them in a contest) and they are excellent. Take up almost no space, and total 180 pounds.
If you have the cash, I would invest in these.

I havent made it to this guys predicament, but this is something worth considering if youre used to more conventional weights.
But, by the time its an issue, it may not matter to you, fitness or aesthetics wise.

Bit of a brainlet, why wouldn't it matter?

I have Somali wrists, and its funny, but I have a lost less wrist problems using the Blocks, than conventional DBs.
They dont have that serrated edge on the handle , either, so theres less chance to get calluses.

I dunno, are you doing a movement where you have to torque youre wrists around? Are you a crossfitter? There shouldnt be a problem in most conventional movements.

I've never encountered any.

Which contest? Asking in case it's a recurring thing and I can get in on it too.

Just get some rocks and a bucket to put them in you fucking pussy.